ESPN Top 25 Hoops Recruiting Classes

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Re: ESPN Top 25 Hoops Recruiting Classes

As Rodney King once said, can't we all get along?

Surely we can agree that Stevie Wonder's incoming recruiting class is among the 1000 best in the nation, can we not?

Peace.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

How about those minutes?

How about the lack of publicity in college guides about the admin's duplicity?  Why isnt this better know if published all over?

How do you explain />32K applications including I believe a record number this year?

How about the turnover figures?

What about criticism for Calhoun and the suspension, while bringing up other such things at BC which no one in the College was associated with?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN Top 25 Hoops Recruiting Classes:
    As Rodney King once said, can't we all get along? Surely we can agree that Stevie Wonder's incoming recruiting class is among the 1000 best in the nation, can we not? Peace.
    Posted by Longputter

And there you have it.  I ask a simple legit question and only ask for an honest and fair answer and I get the junk you wrote above.  That's all we need to know.  When asked for something rational, simple, and fair you have NOTHING TO SAY....

well heck, at least you didn't pull your normal routine and run away to start a new post.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Mo,

Coach Skinner NEVER had nearly a full bench of walk-ons. Stevie Wonder did - and may do so again next year and in the future, the way he's going.

Nor did THREE fine players transfer as a result of Coach Skinner's arrival. (He lost Scoonie Penn).

As to my last post, are you saying that you do not concur that Stevie Wonder has amassed one of the 1000 best recruiting classes in the nation?

Why is common ground so difficult for you to find, my son?

As to attendance, if you are correct that Stevie Wonder drew an average of 7 more fans to Conte than Coach Skinner did in his final year, then I salute you for accuracy.

Question for you: When did Coach Skinner fail to draw 2800 fans for the most important game of a year?

Peace, my boy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Mo, Coach Skinner NEVER had nearly a full bench of walk-ons. Stevie Wonder did - and may do so again next year and in the future, the way he's going. Nor did THREE fine players transfer as a result of Coach Skinner's arrival. (He lost Scoonie Penn). As to my last post, are you saying that you do not concur that Stevie Wonder has amassed one of the 1000 best recruiting classes in the nation? Why is common ground so difficult for you to find, my son? As to attendance, if you are correct that Stevie Wonder drew an average of 7 more fans to Conte than Coach Skinner did in his final year, then I salute you for accuracy. Question for you: When did Coach Skinner fail to draw 2800 fans for the most important game of a year? Peace, my boy.
    Posted by Longputter

First, I commend you in actually engaging in some normal back and forth banter.  Here is my response:
    1. Steve D has 1 walk-on, maybe two.  Not an entire bench as you said.  That is just wrong.  In this regard he is the same as Skinner.
    2. As for players leaving we will just have to disagree.  I do not consider them fine players.  Sanders was a malcontent, Rav couldn't get off the bench for a bad Skinner team and the other guy is well, we have no idea has he has not played college hoops yet.  However, it is not uncommon for transfers to happen when a new coach comes in.  My problem is you make it seem like it is that again thats just wrong...
    3. Yes, I agree they have a top 1000 class.  Actually the last ranking I saw had them in the mid 30s, so there you go...
    4. I am not the one who is railing on Steve saying attendence is down and the program is falling.  All I am showing you is that under the new coach it was the same as the old coach.  That's it.  I've made no more claims about it other that that.... Hoops following at BC is very low no matter what happens, it always has been.  This is a main reason Skinner was let go.  Time will tell if Steve D improves upon it...and you are right, so far he didn't.....but he hasn't made it worse either.

And to follow-up from one of your many other threads, if you think that someone should be able to graduate with a degree from a college in this country with having only read 1 book in his entire life than you and I have very different views on education sir.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle79. Show Eagle79's posts

Living vicariously through momort's post, LP keeps calling him son.  Perhaps Momort needs to respond like Lt. Kaffee in A Few Good Men:

Don't call me "son". I'm a lawyer and an officer in the United States Navy. And you're under arrest, you son of a b****. The witness is excused.

The point is that LP is tied up in his own web of contradictory statements.  Or phrased another way, he was hoisted on his own petard.

With that said, let's follow Gatzie's lead and put LP on ignore.  Perhaps he will go away.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Mo,

Wrong again! - this time re walk-ons. Stevie Wonder had to scour the campus to find FIVE walk-ons this year: Rehnquist, Mosakowski, Humphrey, Cahill and Kowalski.

Name a year Coach Skinner had that many.  You can't.

As to the three who wisely departed last year: evidently you consider your talent evaluation better than those of Coaches Motta and Cooley and the Baylor coach.

My money is on those successful coaches.

The main reason Flippo and Dear Leader committed their most recent coach beheading is easy: their temperaments. They replaced the most successful coach the program ever had  and the only male black coach in school history - with a flash-in-the-pan from the Ivy League who now can't beat anyone he played from that league.

That sure makes sense.

As to Kemba Walker, again you put your surface judgement above that of the University of Connecticut.  What do you know about his academic achievements at Storrs?

If it gratifies you - and the rest of the Uber Alles crowd - to run down a school whose hoops program we will NEVER rival, then go ahead. 

As to his recruiting class, perhaps it IS in the top 30 - among numbers  970 to 1000  on the top 1000 list.

And locals here wonder why Eagle fans have such a poor rep around the country!

Eagle79,

The difference between y'all and Lt. Kaffee is that his character was both a lawyer and a military officer.

Peace, son.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Mo, Wrong again! - this time re walk-ons. Stevie Wonder had to scour the campus to find FIVE walk-ons this year: Rehnquist, Mosakowski, Humphrey, Cahill and Kowalski. Name a year Coach Skinner had that many.  You can't. As to the three who wisely departed last year: evidently you consider your talent evaluation better than those of Coaches Motta and Cooley and the Baylor coach. My money is on those successful coaches. The main reason Flippo and Dear Leader committed their most recent coach beheading is easy: their temperaments. They replaced the most successful coach the program ever had  and the only male black coach in school history - with a flash-in-the-pan from the Ivy League who now can't beat anyone he played from that league. That sure makes sense. As to Kemba Walker, again you put your surface judgement above that of the University of Connecticut.  What do you know about his academic achievements at Storrs? If it gratifies you - and the rest of the Uber Alles crowd - to run down a school whose hoops program we will NEVER rival, then go ahead.  As to his recruiting class, perhaps it IS in the top 30 - among numbers  970 to 1000  on the top 1000 list. And locals here wonder why Eagle fans have such a poor rep around the country! Eagle79, The difference between y'all and Lt. Kaffee is that his character was both a lawyer and a military officer. Peace, son.
    Posted by Longputter

Just because you have a different opinion and use it as fact doesn't make you right. 

That said, well done on your walk-ons, I didn't realize it was that many.  However it won't ever be that many again and again Skinner went through the same thing.  I don't know how many he had, what I do know (as I was at the school at the time) is that he was watching intramurals and scouting the football team and had more than 1.  I only know by name the one i mentioned.  At best for you, it's a draw.  They both needed them.

Time will tell on Rav and the kid who went to Baylor.  I have no opinion on the ladder and if you think Rav was that great then why didn't Skinner play him?  Answer me that.  As for Sanders, if he was that good he would have gone to somewhere better than Fairfield.  You can claim it's a better program than BC but the reality is, it's not.  That said I love how you call me out on my talent evaluation of these players yet you are the one who has been claiming Steve D can't coach.  Again pot calling the kettle black.

The reason they fired Skinner is up for debate.  However to call Steve a flash in the pan?  Come on.  He won the Ivy League his last 4 years there.  So to say he can't beat his own school after winning that very league year after year make no sense.

As for UCONN.  I only know what I read.  What I read was a quote directly from Kemba that stated he recently read the first book of his life.  I don't have anything else to go on.  Let me ask you this.  Do you think someone has earned a college degree if they have only read 1 book in their life? 

As for your recruiting class comment, that was weak lazy comeback and deserves no response......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

How about those minutes?

How about the lack of publicity in college guides about the admin's duplicity?  Why isnt this better know if published all over?

How do you explain />32K applications including I believe a record number this year?

What about criticism for Calhoun and the suspension, while bringing up other such things at BC which no one in the College was associated with?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

MO,

WRONG AGAIN!

Coach Skinner NEVER had 5 walk-ons. Period!

If you were in school at the time, and the school was The Institute, I'm dismayed that you don't know the difference between "the ladder" and "the latter."

Pray tell me, please , that you are not degreed by alma mater. I thought all our grads could spell.

Stevie Wonder IS a flash in the pan.

AND he has NOT been able to beat one Ivy in his time here.

Finally, stop embarrassing yourself with this cheap rant on Kemba 
    Walker.  He'll leave UConn with a degree, something all the hockey and hoops players who are bailing out early on The Institute won't have.

Peace, my boy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

MO, WRONG AGAIN! Coach Skinner NEVER had 5 walk-ons. Period! If you were in school at the time, and the school was The Institute, I'm dismayed that you don't know the difference between "the ladder" and "the latter." Pray tell me, please , that you are not degreed by alma mater. I thought all our grads could spell. Stevie Wonder IS a flash in the pan. AND he has NOT been able to beat one Ivy in his time here. Finally, stop embarrassing yourself with this cheap rant on Kemba  Walker.  He'll leave UConn with a degree, something all the hockey and hoops players who are bailing out early on The Institute won't have. Peace, my boy.
    Posted by Longputter

And here we have it, the exact reason why poster after poster here is putting you on ignore.  Not only are you an angry close-minded nitwit, but you are also lazy with your posts.  When you have no answer to a question you just yell at someone while trying to prove your weak weak WEAK points.

So I will leave it at this.  I am going to rail on UCONN because not only do they let people graduate with only having read 1 book, they are only graduating 31% of their men's basketball players.

http://www.usnews.com/education/blogs/the-college-solution/2011/03/22/march-madness-college-graduation-rates

Boston College, the school you claim is evil and losing their reputation and does everything wrong has a much higher rate as you can see here.

http://www.tidesport.org/Grad%20Rates/2009_Mens_Bball_PR.pdf

Alas you may claim that it's because Uconn loses players who turn pro to the NBA and you would be right.  However, that is the same exact thing you just slammed BC for in your last post.

See now, you are in a tight spot.  So as we have all seen it before here is what you will do:
    1. never respond to this and start another thread
    2. ignore my entire post together and bring up other points to yell about as you have no real response to this
    3. just say that all i have written is wrong while providing no reasons or facts other than "because I said so"

So which will it be big guy.  We are all waiting with baited breath.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Mo,

I AM responding to your post.

1. Not a word of reply from you to MY POINTS re: (a) the walk-on numbers; (b) your spelling deficiency; (c) Stevie Wonder's inability to beat Ivies; (d) the large # of hockey & hoops players who are leaving The Institute without degrees after 3 years, while Kemba Walker leaves UConn after the same time with both a degree and a national championship - a good kid, who was trained well at Rice High School in NYC's: Harlem. Are you now going to take on Rice?

2. For you to attempt to cheapen Kemba's achievement is to cheapen yourself. My guess is that Kemba can spell - perhaps you ought to hire him to help you learn that basic craft.

3. Not once have I ever discussed any college's graduation rate for athletes.

How's THAT for a direct reply, my son?

Peace

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN Top 25 Hoops Recruiting Classes : Troll you have no style, also no substance, common to the stroke Keys: CTRL-ALT-DEL in your rants! Needless to say, you continue to rant on the merits of BC hoops, where one needs ponder as absurd, attacks on UCONN, a proven National three time Champion for appeasement readily jusifying an obscure 2011 BC recruiting class as if you hit the John Calapari jack pot with some cresidence of grandeur. In as much BC can't achieve a second round bid in the NIT without weeing in their shorts a tradition BC upholds to the 10th degree. The old I'll show, not place, or WIN!  Are you smacking NCAA Basketball here, or Rhodes Scholarships which BC has none? The word is out bro ... BC is lilly white, rust belt, cold, losers and non conforming and understanding to Black athletes needs whose sole desire is to leave a "quality" program and head to the NBA!  BC lacks all the necessary attributes and tools where i.e. a University of Kentucky program, can readily guarantee by their Final Four appearances ... Next time troll you post think and ask yourself the question "How many Final Fours"?  
    Posted by whr

What in the world is a "cresidence"???

Would love to hear whr and cheerio engage in actual conversation. It would be fall out of your chair hilarious.

Just remember that whr brought this up folks. So for the record, BC has 2 Rhodes Scholars. Uconn has zero. BC wins again.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

How about those minutes?

What about criticism for Calhoun and the suspension, while bringing up other such things at BC which no one in the College was associated with?  How about the drug issue now infesting his national championship team?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Mo , I AM responding to your post. 1. Not a word of reply from you to MY POINTS re: (a) the walk-on numbers; (b) your spelling deficiency; (c) Stevie Wonder's inability to beat Ivies; (d) the large # of hockey & hoops players who are leaving The Institute without degrees after 3 years, while Kemba Walker leaves UConn after the same time with both a degree and a national championship - a good kid, who was trained well at Rice High School in NYC's: Harlem. Are you now going to take on Rice? 2. For you to attempt to cheapen Kemba's achievement is to cheapen yourself. My guess is that Kemba can spell - perhaps you ought to hire him to help you learn that basic craft. 3. Not once have I ever discussed any college's graduation rate for athletes. How's THAT for a direct reply, my son? Peace
    Posted by Longputter

Well, well, you actually did respond, though not with much.  That said I give you credit for at least attempting to prove a point.
    You are right, I didn't respond to all, so here are my answers:
    a.   Both Skinner and Steve had walk-ons, actually both started a walk on.  I don't know the exact # Skinner had.  However, if because Steve had more walk ons in his first year than Skinner is your determining factor that Steve is a bad coach well have at it, that's a real solid point.
    b. I type quickly and don't use spell check and yes, I am a terrible speller.  I will stop telling people I graduated from BC to save you embarrassment.
    c. Steve D won the Ivy League his last 4 seasons at Cornell  So to say he has an inability to "beat ivies" is just petty and weak.  Be better than that.
    d. Nice work on once again refusing to answer whether or not you think it's ok for a person to graduate college having read 1 book.  Answer that.  Do you think that is ok?  It's a  yes or no question.

That said, your overall point in D is weak man.  How can you talk about athletes leaving early without degrees as a negative at BC and then try to ignore the fact that Uconn graduates 31% of its basketball players?  They are directly related, are they not?  BC graduates 90% of their athletes and the few who don't graduate are hockey players who are turning pro.  Uconn, at least for hoops, graduates 31% and I know that the other 69% of the those who don't graduate are not in the NBA right now.

To try and use Kemba graduating from Uconn while bc had athletes leave before they got a degree while trying to ingnore overall athlete graduation rates is absurd dude.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Now morfart thought I would be seeing another stat sheet on the blog were at homeroom you went on Google at recess? BC's Rhodes Scholars awarded equal ZERO (Athletes), even Florida State has surpassed LPs the Beheads Coaches Institute; it called reading comprehension morfart!
    Posted by whr

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Earth to MO,

Stevie Wonder, with his all-Ivy staff, has lost to EVERY Ivy team he has faced in his time at The Institute.

F A C T, my son.

Peace

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

How about those minutes?

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

nice alliteration, nitwit

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 82ndAB. Show 82ndAB's posts

Nit wits are out today everyday, an always. Nice to see the PATS pick up some sub-talent even though I'm a big Cam Newton fan, it's tough break for Yankee Doodle College up there in Chestnut Hill. All this B S and nothing to show for it?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

sure you haven't been sneaking a peek at whz's and ctbuttboy's papers?

Sections
Shortcuts