Re: ESPN Top 25 Hoops Recruiting Classes
posted at 4/28/2011 8:50 AM EDT
In Response to Re: ESPN Top 25 Hoops Recruiting Classes
[QUOTE]Mo , I AM responding to your post. 1. Not a word of reply from you to MY POINTS re: (a) the walk-on numbers; (b) your spelling deficiency; (c) Stevie Wonder's inability to beat Ivies; (d) the large # of hockey & hoops players who are leaving The Institute without degrees after 3 years, while Kemba Walker leaves UConn after the same time with both a degree and a national championship - a good kid, who was trained well at Rice High School in NYC's: Harlem. Are you now going to take on Rice? 2. For you to attempt to cheapen Kemba's achievement is to cheapen yourself. My guess is that Kemba can spell - perhaps you ought to hire him to help you learn that basic craft. 3. Not once have I ever discussed any college's graduation rate for athletes. How's THAT for a direct reply, my son? Peace
Posted by Longputter[/QUOTE]
Well, well, you actually did respond, though not with much. That said I give you credit for at least attempting to prove a point.
You are right, I didn't respond to all, so here are my answers:
a. Both Skinner and Steve had walk-ons, actually both started a walk on. I don't know the exact # Skinner had. However, if because Steve had more walk ons in his first year than Skinner is your determining factor that Steve is a bad coach well have at it, that's a real solid point.
b. I type quickly and don't use spell check and yes, I am a terrible speller. I will stop telling people I graduated from BC to save you embarrassment.
c. Steve D won the Ivy League
his last 4 seasons at Cornell So to say he has an inability to "beat ivies" is just petty and weak. Be better than that.
d. Nice work on once again refusing to answer whether or not you think it's ok for a person to graduate college having read 1 book. Answer that. Do you think that is ok? It's a yes or no question.
That said, your overall point in D is weak man. How can you talk about athletes leaving early without degrees as a negative at BC and then try to ignore the fact that Uconn graduates 31% of its basketball players? They are directly related, are they not? BC graduates 90% of their athletes and the few who don't graduate are hockey players who are turning pro. Uconn, at least for hoops, graduates 31% and I know that the other 69% of the those who don't graduate are not in the NBA right now.
To try and use Kemba graduating from Uconn while bc had athletes leave before they got a degree while trying to ingnore overall athlete graduation
rates is absurd dude.