ESPN's Jay Bilas Praises BC's Coach Donahue

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamesGatz1. Show JamesGatz1's posts

ESPN's Jay Bilas Praises BC's Coach Donahue

http://audio.weei.com/a/38536617/jay-bilas-talks-about-vcu-and-why-they-are-in-the-final-four.htm

Jay Bilas on Coach Donahue:

"I think Boston College is in great hands, I'm a big believer Steve Donahue"

"I think they're gonna they're gonna do really well under Steve".

"He did a great job at Cornell"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Re: ESPN's Jay Bilas Praises BC's Coach Donahue

Jay may also believe in the tooth fairy.

So far, all signs are negative on Stevie Wonder.

But, hey, Gatzie, don't let me stop you from flying on down to Conte and mortaging your parents' house for tickets to see the Eagles hoop program hit rock bottom.

Peace

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

How about those minutes?

How about the lack of publicity in college guides about the admin's duplicity?

How do you explain />32K applications including I believe a record number this year?

How about the turnover figures for the past 15 years?

What about criticism for Calhoun and the suspension, while bringing up other such things at BC which no one in the College was associated with?

Facts are your friends not your enemies

How about Donahue's grade from DG?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

This is classic LP.

When one national writer throws praise on a ex-BC player in Sanders he's is quick to point it out to prove his point that Steve D is terrible.

Yet when another national writer praises Steve D LP blows it off that the guy doesn't know what he is talking about.

You are the definition of hypocrisy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Mo,

Get real.

Just what do you think Bilas would say on Boston radio? Has he ever gone on local media and criticized a local coach?

Also, look at Stevie Wonder's record:

1. Sure, he won games with Al's kids, but who could not?

2. He brought in Rubin, who was heralded as a bright light, and then faded into a garbage time contributor, if that.

3.  He did what perhaps no other coach ever did anywhere: in one year, he drove off or otherwise lost EVERY incumbent scholarship player who would have been eligible to play in his second year.

4. That mass defection says something clear -and ominous - to any objective observer of college basketball - but, of course, not to sycophants.

5. While Steve Lavin  in his first year at St. John's assembled a superb incoming class in circumstances FAR worse than those at The Heights, what do we have for next year? A bunch of we hope they'll be good bozos. 

6. While Villanova - a school certainly similar to The Institute - has an incoming class ranked at least second in the nation, what has Stevie Wonder done?

7.  I have heard from a friend that we are ranked next to last in the ACC for next season. While that has not been verified, it seems correct. For with the "talent" we have, even the most blindly fawning of y'all refuses to step up and predict success next season.

Bottom line:  while I wish it were otherwise, the two geniuses who comprise The Gang of Two have once again proven their prowess at de-escalating Eagle sports.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Most of what you said above is garbage, plain and simple.  You are a close-minded one-sided angry nitwit. 

To prove my point, I have said over and over again that I don't think they will be very good next year.  Yet you continue to ask the question like no one has answered you.

We get it, you don't like BC and will do anything in your power to prove your point.  Well done, awesome.  Keep on keepin on old angry man.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Mo,

Which of my FACTUAl statements (points 2, 3, 5, 6 & possibly 7) is "garbage plain and simple", as you eloquently phrase it?

For YOUR sake, ease up on the hateful name-calling.

It is only SPORTS we are debating here, my boy.

Go have a salad and lemon water for lunch and you'll feel eased of your anger.

Peace

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Gatzie,

Here's a flash question:

If Bilas is so high on Stevie Wonder, why did he omit him from the list of 13 under-appreciated coaches that he posted on ESPN college basketball site today?

Hmmmm

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN's Jay Bilas Praises BC's Coach Donahue:
    Mo, Which of my FACTUAl statements (points 2, 3, 5, 6 & possibly 7) is "garbage plain and simple", as you eloquently phrase it? For YOUR sake, ease up on the hateful name-calling. It is only SPORTS we are debating here, my boy. Go have a salad and lemon water for lunch and you'll feel eased of your anger. Peace
    Posted by Longputter

I spent some time going through each of your points you claim are facts.  But you know what, enough.  I'm not going to chase you from thread to thread.  You yell saying things are facts when they aren't, when other posters have good points with facts you ignore it, often times starting another thread. (perfect example if how you've been rather quiet on UCONN losing 2 scholarships due to a pathetic academic record) You refuse to engage in adult debate and spend your time trying to prove that BC is evil. 

The reality is, no one gives a rats a** what you think about BC sports.  No one cares about one single thing you say.  Just because you hate Steve D (for no reason) and the AD and the prez and all other things BC doesn't mean we have to.  Nothing you say matters one bit.

For whatever reason, you hate BC.  Fine, who cares.  What I care about is how you have sunk so low you are calling our incoming class of freshman basketball players, kids who are still in high school, "bozos"  That's about the level of class you have shown yourself to have.

You say I have anger because I call you names.  Reality is you are an old angry man and I am just calling a spade a spade.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

For all of you other people who I sick of me going back and forth with this lunatic, all I can say is I'm sorry.

If anyone wanted to know though, Nova is not #2...

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/classrankings?classyear=2011&classmonth=5

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Mo,

So much for a substantive response.

When cornered, spewing venom is, regrettably, your M.O.

Such an approach not only has no intended effect on me, but it also marks you as someone flying without a plane.

And yes,  Nova was rated last week by MaxPrep ( correct name?) fist as #1, and then #2 in recruiting.

If you can't handle facts that dismay you, maybe you ought not be in the debate arena, my boy.

Peace

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from HopVet. Show HopVet's posts

LP. MaxPreps does have Nova #1 in 2012. Great coach and getting locals to stay close to home. This year it is UK.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

What a banner day for the hateful old man.
    8 or 9 posts just today, and he has resorted to calling the incoming class of recruits (teenagers that he has never met) a bunch of bozos!!
    A new low even for him

He has changed his signature, but of course it is not any shorter and still full of misinformation.

The hateful old man says
    Jags was fired for interviewing for another job
    The truth is
    Jags was fired for lying about it

The hateful old man says
    The firing of Al Skinner had something to with race
    The truth is
    Skinner got fired because he lost his best recruiters and the team was on a downward spiral

The hateful old man says
    BC alumni giving  is terrible
    The truth is
    BC ranks 29th out of 250+ schools in the USN&WR rankings and is ranked 4th for the biggest % increase from 2010 to 2011
    ND is only 44% not 50% and (sorry Crusaders) Holy Cross giving is a myth. No where to be found in the list below

http://alumnilocators.com/Documents/2011USNWR.pdf

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

How about those minutes?

How do you explain />32K applications including I believe a record number this year?

What about criticism for Calhoun and the suspension, while bringing up other such things at BC which no one in the College was associated with?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

LP - just a request here,  lay off the name calling of 17 and 18 year olds will you?  And your signature (the Magnificent 7 points of LP deficiency) - it's too long again, the threads are once again becoming falsely elongated.  Can you just write what you you want to make your point, and leave the g'bye tag off for everyone's benefit?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

I am spewing venom yet you called a bunch of teenage kids "bozos"?  Look in a mirror dude. 

But if I hurt your feelings, well then stop being an angry closed minded (you can't help the old) man....and I will stop calling you one.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from batman49. Show batman49's posts

Wow!!!! What started out as a positive posting, quickly degenerated to negativity by the first response.

From a different perspective I would say to folks --- if your agenda is to view Boston College sports programs and the administration from a strictly negative perspective, why not start your own post and just operate from there.

There are a few others in here who also always see things from The Dark Side. I am sure they would jump on your bandwagon . I am also certain that the rest of us would give you plenty of space by staying off your post or by never responding to anything you guys say on your post.
    This way you people could just feed off each others negativity by continually agreeing with how much you hate Boston College.

The trade off would be for you guys to have mutual respect for the people who really care about the program. That means staying off of their threads so that the like minded individuals who want to see Boston College from a brighter perspective, can do so without being sabotaged, similar to what has occurred here.

As stated previously, I do not post very often, but I have been reading these post on a daily basis for many months, giving me plenty of opportunity to see how these postings can go down hill very quickly.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Boys,

Bozos means just that - from a hoops point of view, obviously.

Who knows whether they are good kids or not? To make y"all happy, I assume they are.

The ISSUE is that they are NOWHERE near the quality of players that Nova and St. John's recruited.

Sorry to have wounded your sensitives, lads.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

How about those minutes?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle79. Show Eagle79's posts

Since I have LP on ignore I can't tell for sure but is he calling a number of 17 & 18 year old kids bozos?  Pretty childish and directed at people he does not know.

The trouble is he can not actually respond to facts though he clamors for them all the time.  If only he would learn to read and follow links.  Maybe he can provide the reason why they are bozos, though I doubt that he can.

Regardless, it is great that some pundits think the baskeball team is heading in a good direction.  BC improved over their record the previous year while losing a number of gret players (at least according to LP).  While the team will be young a lot of other teams have done well with young players . . . though those are usually players that only stay for a year or so, i.e. OJ Mayo at USC, John Wall at Kentucky, etc.

Personally I prefer players that will stay for the 4 years.  It gives them time to build the chemistry that is needed to compete effectively as a team.

Batman, as I said in another thread, if you want discussion take a look at the other blogs.  Here you have the self hating LP and a number of rock throwers who do not respond with reasoned arguments.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Boys, Bozos means just that - from a hoops point of view, obviously. Who knows whether they are good kids or not? To make y"all happy, I assume they are. The ISSUE is that they are NOWHERE near the quality of players that Nova and St. John's recruited. Sorry to have wounded your sensitives, lads.
    Posted by Longputter

Wait a moment.  Your boy Skinner NEVER had a recruiting class of kids anyone ever heard of.  That was his whole thing.  Am I wrong?  He turned some no name players into quality players, but his recruiting classes never sniffed the top 25 in the rankings.  So by calling out Steve D for the same thing proves, once again, you are a huge hypocrite

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Since I have LP on ignore I can't tell for sure but is he calling a number of 17 & 18 year old kids bozos?  Pretty childish and directed at people he does not know. The trouble is he can not actually respond to facts though he clamors for them all the time.  If only he would learn to read and follow links.  Maybe he can provide the reason why they are bozos, though I doubt that he can. Regardless, it is great that some pundits think the baskeball team is heading in a good direction.  BC improved over their record the previous year while losing a number of gret players (at least according to LP).  While the team will be young a lot of other teams have done well with young players . . . though those are usually players that only stay for a year or so, i.e. OJ Mayo at USC, John Wall at Kentucky, etc. Personally I prefer players that will stay for the 4 years.  It gives them time to build the chemistry that is needed to compete effectively as a team. Batman, as I said in another thread, if you want discussion take a look at the other blogs.  Here you have the self hating LP and a number of rock throwers who do not respond with reasoned arguments.
    Posted by Eagle79

I agree Eagle on the direction of the hoops team.  I've said before that time will tell if Steve D can recruit the athletes he needs to be successful in the ACC.  His run n gun style is more similar to UNC, Duke etc so it may be tough as they will always get the better players.  That's why Skinner had success, he used a system that slowed the game down and enabled them to keep games close.  However, if he does have any success playing this style, it will help his recruiting as it's a fun style of hoops to play.  However, time will tell.  Will be fun to see what happens though.

Sections
Shortcuts