Football future

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bodacious. Show bodacious's posts

Football future

Can Coach Spaziani turn the program around?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Re: Football future

BC is dead anyway you look at it ... No Virginai Tech!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

I think he has the ability to improve upon what this team was.  However, that's not saying much.  I don't think he has the ability to get this team to be a ACC title game contender year in and year our.  He simply isn't recruiting the athletes he needs to.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 82ndAB. Show 82ndAB's posts

Not with Frank Beamer and Jimbo Fisher in the ACC will always a puppy dog with Catholic Prep School recruits at BC!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

In Response to Re: Football future:
    In Response to Football future : BC has a football team?  is it co-ed or club level?
    Posted by Donnnn

Has uconn ever won a football game agaainst BC?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chitown chicity. Show chitown chicity's posts

BC is dead anyway you look at it ... No Virginai Tech!
    Posted by cheeroh

Highly unintelligent statement. A few seasons won't make an entire program "dead"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chitown chicity. Show chitown chicity's posts

In Response to Football future : BC has a football team?  is it co-ed or club level?
    Posted by Donnnn

HA. The irony of this statement coming from a UConn fan.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedBaron. Show RedBaron's posts

BC will excel next year. Only two Offensive players on the two-deep are seniors.  If Montel Harris and Momah are granted another year of eligibility, then that will even further improve the offense. It's about the same on the defense with an incredible number of freshmen and redshirt freshmen on the two-deep, however if Kuechly leaves, that's like losing three or four seniors.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

Bodacious, I'd say that performance and capabilities to this point imply NO. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Football future : BC has a football team?  is it co-ed or club level? Posted by Donnnn

The Eagles missed their 1st bowl game since 1998. UConn football ? Missed bowl games in 2005 and 2006 and only have a total of 5 bowl game appearances, BC Football doubled that over the last decade. Don't let any facts get in your way.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bodacious. Show bodacious's posts

Spaziani is staying, so lets hope for the best. He has the ENTIRE team coming back (maybe not Kuechley). If BC doesn't win 8 or 9 games, he needs to leave.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Spaziani is staying, so lets hope for the best. He has the ENTIRE team coming back (maybe not Kuechley). If BC doesn't win 8 or 9 games, he needs to leave.
    Posted by bodacious

Yes we all feel it BC is going all the way with this coach called Spazoo! 

Even Kurt Herbbiestreet and Lee Corzoo feel it on ESPN Game Day we have that feeling ... BC has a broad array of underachievers, and Nationally known recruits which will Shock & Awe America in 2012 ... enjoy the 4-8 season as it's all down hill from here bros!  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

In Response to Re: Football future : The Eagles missed their 1st bowl game since 1998. UConn football ? Missed bowl games in 2005 and 2006 and only have a total of 5 bowl game appearances, BC Football doubled that over the last decade. Don't let any facts get in your way.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Ever to Lose ... enjoy the cold cruel winter up there and while you all are at it, and above all, keep on Deam'in whith the steady Spazoo progression from 4 dash 8! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chitown chicity. Show chitown chicity's posts

Actually, South Bend is a lot colder than Boston in the winter, and also gets significantly more snow. So much for "cold cruel winter". I'd say the Bend is much worse off. Don't believe me? Look at the climate charts for yourself.

Lets take a look at your logic. If your logic had any amount of accuracy in it, then shouldn't NDs football program be the worst in the nation by now? Remember Tyrone Willingham's impact on the program? I sure do. I'd argue he's ND's Spaz.

Your statements are baseless and flat out stupid. Every program has bad coaches and seasons. Yet, they all come back. Just like your precious irish.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chitown chicity. Show chitown chicity's posts

It looks like we are stuck with Spaz for now. Looking at that bad news, I still can't be anything but hopeful for next year. Especially if we keep Momah, Montel, and Luke. They will be three very talented veterans who can help lead the team. Plus, even looking back on our season, we should be 6-6 (Duke and Wake close losses), if not 7-5 (should have beaten NU). Enough with the shoulda-coulda-wouldas though. The program is in a sad shape, but I think that this is rock bottom. We will improve a little bit, maybe being 8-4 next season. Still, isn't that great. Then again, what do I know? Season could be a bust, and maybe even the Board will make Spaz be fired to satisfy the angry fan base.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mccarthy50. Show mccarthy50's posts

Considering Frank Spaziani is punching members of his own coaching staff during practice and threatening members of his staff both physically and by saying he'll fire them in front of his players, I do not think Frank Spaziani has any hope of turning this football team around.  Just look at the roster and the mass defection of BC's top players and recruits to other schools.  No one on his team actually respects him.  It is far more likely to see Gene DeFelippo get fired soon and then see Spaz go out the door with him.  If the Globe had some guts, they would investigate Spaz's physical abuse of his own coaching staff.  That is the real story going on in Chestnut Hill.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lynchyj. Show lynchyj's posts

whr - are you crazy?  And are you an alum of NU (which is not "in Chitown" by the way). 

"Northwestern far exceeds BC in academics and athletics over it's storied history!"

Really?  By what measure?  Academically, the schools are very similar and pretty evenly matched. 

Athletically, NU hasn't won a bowl game in 6 decades and has never even BEEN to the NCAA basketball tournament.  Much less the Sweet 16 or Elite 8.  In fact, other than a tie for 5th place in 03-04, NU typically finishes 9th-11th in the Big Ten.  One NIT win in 93-94 and two last year (including one over BC) are the total of NU hoopsters' post-season victories in the last 20 years.

How'd that Persa for Heisman campaign go this year?  Nice win over BC, but after a 2-0 start the Cats went 4-6, including losses to Army and Illinois.

OK, so NU is a Women's Lacrosse juggernaut.  And BC is a men's hockey juggernaut.  Whooppee.

Don't go overboard with your Wildcat glee.  Dickie V thinks every team should make the NCAA tourney and every coach is "great." 

But be realistic or go thump your chest elsewhere.  NU was supposed to have a Heisman candidate this year and be very good - and finished 6-6.  BC was expected to be bad and lived up (down?) to that expectation.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Are we really comparing UCONN football to BC.  Come on now.

And to say they went to a BCS?  Really?  And how did they do in said bowl?  If I am  not mistaken, a nice Oklahoma team took it easy on them and only won by 3 TDs. 

They got that bowl because BE football is a joke, not because they were one of the better teams in the nation.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bodacious. Show bodacious's posts

What  top playerd "defected" to other "top" schools?  Shakim Phillips was a high recruit 2 years ago, he turned out to be trouble,, Who else left?

Sections
Shortcuts