For all the BC haters

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

For all the BC haters

BOSTON COLLEGE is one of the rare universities that competes on the highest level in sports while still ensuring that its players live up to both words in the phrase “student-athlete.’’

The Boston Globe editorial board praises BC for holding to its mission to achieve "academic success while still producing strong teams"

And it also takes a well deserved shot at uconn - "under probation for MAJOR NCAA recruiting violations". uconn, where an athlete who admits he never read a book till he got to college is allowed to "graduate" in 3 years

Enjoy!

http://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/editorials/2011/10/09/college-sports-realignment-offers-more-money-and-less-integrity/KNpm0pHYNsnf0ordYtpmzK/story.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UCONN. Show UCONN's posts

Re: For all the BC haters

In Response to For all the BC haters:
    [QUOTE]BOSTON COLLEGE is one of the rare universities that competes on the highest level in sports while still ensuring that its players live up to both words in the phrase “student-athlete.’’ ...
    Posted by ScreenNameGoesHere[/QUOTE

Claiming academic superiority in a sports forum is like trying claim your prom date is better because she's smart. Who gives a turd, would you prefer a smart or a good team to root for? I could care less about graduation rates, major D1 sports have long since divorced themselves from caring about academics and have become a major business. The people who claim otherwise either have their head in the sand or root for good academic schools with mediocore sports teams.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAS881. Show CHAS881's posts

Bumbles College completely overrated in academics. Possibly 7th or 8th in Boston alone. A former BC associate of mine,sad tom say, spelled two words that sum it up. A Hotel "sweet" and your'e( embarrassing )

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAS881. Show CHAS881's posts

In Response to Re: For all the BC haters:
    [QUOTE] Bumbles College completely overrated in academics. Possibly 7th or 8th in Boston alone. A former BC associate of mine,sad tom say, spelled two words that sum it up. A Hotel "sweet" and your'e( embarrassing )
    Posted by CHAS881[/QUOTE]

TOM =  TO for the BC people who couldn't figure it out

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bc02eagle. Show bc02eagle's posts

spoken like a true UConn fan...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fukowi. Show Fukowi's posts

Rooting for UConn is like rooting for Barry Bonds to win the home run derby.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UCONN. Show UCONN's posts

[QUOTE]spoken like a true UConn fan...
    Posted by bc02eagle[/QUOTE]

Good stuff. What's next - "your mother" jokes?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UCONN. Show UCONN's posts

[QUOTE]Rooting for UConn is like rooting for Barry Bonds to win the home run derby.
    Posted by Fukowi[/QUOTE]

I can see how you might feel that way, but that's a pretty big stretch. The biggest difference is that UCONN's violations were mainly for illegal contact (and free lodging and meals) of a recruit (who never played a game for them). Now there's no telling what else they might be (or have been up to) up to, but that instance didn't provide them an advantage over other teams.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

In Response to For all the BC haters:
    [QUOTE]BOSTON COLLEGE is one of the rare universities that competes on the highest level in sports while still ensuring that its players live up to both words in the phrase “student-athlete.’’ The Boston Globe editorial board praises BC for holding to its mission to achieve "academic success while still producing strong teams" And it also takes a well deserved shot at uconn - "under probation for MAJOR NCAA recruiting violations". uconn, where an athlete who admits he never read a book till he got to college is allowed to "graduate" in 3 years Enjoy! http://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/editorials/2011/10/09/college-sports-realignment-offers-more-money-and-less-integrity/KNpm0pHYNsnf0ordYtpmzK/story.html
    Posted by ScreenNameGoesHere[/QUOTE]

No wonder LP & WHR have so much fun with this troll where he posts as PRO MO & etc. hard to believe BC is rank far below UND in all categories where academic excellance and athletics take the front stage!

South Bend Tribune Photo/ROBERT FRANKLIN The Knute Rockne sculpture sits at Notre Dame Stadium on Friday, October 7, 2011.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

[QUOTE]spoken like a true UConn fan...
    Posted by bc02eagle[/QUOTE]

Enjoy another BC defector for the better Coach Leahey

South Bend Tribune Photo/ROBERT FRANKLIN The Frank Leahy sculpture sits at Notre Dame Stadium on Friday, October 7, 2011.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAS881. Show CHAS881's posts

Chestnut Hill has the largest and most dense population of pompous under achievers in the country.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 82ndAB. Show 82ndAB's posts

Enough of BC, the Red Sox and their demise!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bc02eagle. Show bc02eagle's posts

UofNDKing - are you actually and ND alum?  I doubt it.  I would think that an ND alum has better things to do that hand out on the boards and chime in on every BC thread.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Love the consistancy in these newcomers, 8 posts in 2 years? Another unemployed 24 year old BC History major looking for public school employment to pay off the $200,000 4 year lesson plan on the European History.

Bye week for our girls in Maroon & Gold can't buy a win in the ACC!

UCONN NCAA NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For all the BC haters : Good stuff. What's next - "your mother" jokes?
    Posted by UCONN[/QUOTE]

Nah, it'd be more like: "Whats up with the dead NHL logo?" And how about those Hartford Patriots?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisBadenov. Show BorisBadenov's posts

Not to change the subject (to football), but you had to love Mark B's column in the Globe today.   I think his point was that BC is not a bad team, because if they had won the five games they lost, and lost the one game they won, they'd be 5-1 rather than 1-5!    And they still might turn it around and get to a Stoopid Bowl if they win out against VTech etc.    God, I've heard of homers, but this was PATHETIC!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UCONN. Show UCONN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For all the BC haters : Nah, it'd be more like: "Whats up with the dead NHL logo? ...."
    Posted by LOTHAR43[/QUOTE]

Ummm...The New England Whalers were never an NHL team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisBadenov. Show BorisBadenov's posts

PS.   I also wonder whether, if you looked behind the raw statistics, you might find that some of the athletes got a little "help" in making the grade at BC.   Just asking.  Perhaps Montel really is a serious nuclear physicist when he's not otherwise occupied.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]Not to change the subject (to football), but you had to love Mark B's column in the Globe today.   I think his point was that BC is not a bad team, because if they had won the five games they lost, and lost the one game they won, they'd be 5-1 rather than 1-5!    And they still might turn it around and get to a Stoopid Bowl if they win out against VTech etc.    God, I've heard of homers, but this was PATHETIC!
    Posted by BorisBadenov[/QUOTE]

Understandably, Blaudschaun is not a Northwestern University graduate as Mike Greenberg (Greeny) one of the best Journalism/Communication Schools in the Country. He has the same identification problem as BC graduates in employment offers.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]PS.   I also wonder whether, if you looked behind the raw statistics, you might find that some of the athletes got a little "help" in making the grade at BC.   Just asking.  Perhaps Montel really is a serious nuclear physicist when he's not otherwise occupied.
    Posted by BorisBadenov[/QUOTE]
    Takes make up classes at Bunker Hill Community College ....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Bye week for BC and, their great Hockey team bombs out at the MDC Rink at Conte! Even on an off week the BC has the habit of LOSING!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jack ryder. Show jack ryder's posts

[QUOTE]Love the consistancy in these newcomers, 8 posts in 2 years? Another unemployed 24 year old BC History major looking for public school employment to pay off the $200,000 4 year lesson plan on the European History. Bye week for our girls in Maroon & Gold can't buy a win in the ACC! UCONN NCAA NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!!!!

Posted by cheeroh[/QUOTE]

And you had your education paid for by taxpayers. Long live the welfare state!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bc02eagle. Show bc02eagle's posts

Cheeroh,

so the fact the I do not have a high number of posts indicates that I am unemployed?  I would actually argue the opposite. 

I do read the threads every once in a while and I stuggle to figure out why we have ND and UConn fans on here. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

IBlaudschaun should go write for the Hartford Courant. Response to Re: For all the BC haters:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: For all the BC haters : Understandably, Blaudschaun is not a Northwestern University graduate as Mike Greenberg (Greeny) one of the best Journalism/Communication Schools in the Country. He has the same identification problem as BC graduates in employment offers.
    Posted by cheeroh[/QUOTE]

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts