For all the BC haters

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Re: For all the BC haters

Hate the negativity in this town!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

In Response to Re: For all the BC haters:
    In Response to Re: For all the BC haters : Probably because Uconn is the best sports team hands down in New England.  I crack up reading the "well our players go to class" excuse.  That's fine but Uconn players go to the pro ranks.  BC fans also hate the fact Uconn is climbing the academic rankings very quickly and will surpass BC soon enough.  This is why GDF was a baby about letting Uconn destroy BC in football and hoops.  So BC fans, enjoy your wine and cheese crowds who save their loudes ovations for the "we do not serve alcohol" and "good sportsmanships" PA announcements as your subpar teams get blown out again.  My one question is why does Harvard beat up on BC hoops?  Those kids go to class also.
    Posted by Donnnn

That's funny.  There is no alcohol served at NCAA events unless you get into the private receptions.

As for a "going to class" excuse, you're right, it's a lame excuse. They do go to class, but the program should also stay highly competitive.

UConn does have an improved athletics program in terms of wins and losses.  And the state has put ample revenue into UConn sports.  Most BC fans have no fear of playing UConn in any sport.  GDF might be avoiding it due to the animosity and the fear of recruiting failures, but he needs to get over it and schedule them. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bc02eagle. Show bc02eagle's posts

I just find it funny that UConn and ND fans are so active on the BC threads.  I am pretty sure you have boards dedicated to your teams, right?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UCONN. Show UCONN's posts

I just find it funny that UConn and ND fans are so active on the BC threads.  I am pretty sure you have boards dedicated to your teams, right?
    Posted by bc02eagle

This is a "College" discussion forum and the title of this thread is "For all the BC haters:".

Who did you expect to be in here?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 82ndAB. Show 82ndAB's posts

Gather this BC02 Yankee forgets about the 1st Amendment and leaves the other 26 for his own interpretation. Whatever, this is from a far left University?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

Our BC bubbas are just cruel to us but also very media maligned by their own local self importance!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bc02eagle. Show bc02eagle's posts

Notice I said "threads", meaning not just this one.  For ANY thread started about BC there are ND and UConn fans ready to pounce.  All I am saying that I find it odd as I have no desire to go the UConn or ND boards and chime in.  I see it as a complete waste of time.  I was hoping that someone, either an ND or UConn poster could explain this complusion to me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Simple explanation it is what it is! Probably doesn't understand the exercise of  free thought process in a public forum? Sad BC '02 graduate here! 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bc02eagle. Show bc02eagle's posts

In Response to Re: For all the BC haters : The main difference is you would have nothing to say.  What can you say?  we voted you out of the ACC because BC is scared of Uconn.  Nannnyyy nannny pooopoooohhhh.  It's called being a fan of a team and no wonder you don't understand any of this.  BC revels in mediocrity and is happy with being a doormat ACC team which is fine but own it.  Personally as a uconn fan (can't speak for ND but maybe they agree) I enjoy hearing the myriad of excuses of why BC is terrible at college sports.  From the "our kids go to class" to "at least we have class", the deflection of the question is always enjoyable for me. 
    Posted by Donnnn

uconn voted BC out of the big east?  Hmm and now uconn is begging to get into the ACC. And maybe they will but they would be the last choice after Miami, VT, BC, Syracuse and Pitt.  Being picked last sucks, huh?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bc02eagle. Show bc02eagle's posts

In Response to Re: For all the BC haters :
    Cheeroh, so the fact the I do not have a high number of posts indicates that I am unemployed?  I would actually argue the opposite.  I do read the threads every once in a while and I stuggle to figure out why we have ND and UConn fans on here.  Posted by bc02eagle[/QUOTE BC is slipping in the US News academic ratings and their athletic programs suck need to keep up the slack troll!
    Posted by whr

31 in US News for undergrad.  If you look over the last 10 years it has been an upward trend I believe. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailman2. Show sailman2's posts

Really far behind Tufts in which BC accepts their rejects!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sterlippo. Show sterlippo's posts

Bye week for BC and, their great Hockey team bombs out at the MDC Rink at Conte! Even on an off week the BC has the habit of LOSING!
    Posted by cheeroh

have all the fun you want with the football program but you really look like an idiot when you  poke fun at the hockey program

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bc02eagle. Show bc02eagle's posts

In Response to Re: For all the BC haters : being voted against by a little petty man like defillipo is weak.  Being picked last?  are you referring to BC every year in the ACC or even in the Big East?  which one?  BC is scared of Uconn so they do this little jealousy move by blocking them. 
    Posted by Donnnn

Donnnn

Simple question so please try to answer it - if UConn gets into the ACC will they be the last one picked?  There are not other viable alternatives so if the ACC wants to go to 16 teams then they would need add UConn. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

In Response to Re: For all the BC haters : Simple question last word freak, if uconn went to the ACC, would uconn be picked ahead of BC in football and hoops?  you know it!  what does it matter if/when someone was invited, that's a silly argument. based on your own logic, shouldn't the #1 overall team that was seeded in the NCAA tourney that is invited first always win the championship?  they were invited first.  Thankfully Uconn and Donnn don't think like that as Uconn won 3 nat'l championships this way.
    Posted by Donnnn

You're missing the point of the question, but I suppose that's to be expected from a uconn grad or fan.
    Thanks for trying

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

In Response to Re: For all the BC haters : Simple question last word freak, if uconn went to the ACC, would uconn be picked ahead of BC in football and hoops?  you know it!  what does it matter if/when someone was invited, that's a silly argument. based on your own logic, shouldn't the #1 overall team that was seeded in the NCAA tourney that is invited first always win the championship?  they were invited first.  Thankfully Uconn and Donnn don't think like that as Uconn won 3 nat'l championships this way.
    Posted by Donnnn

BC is a joke in all sports considered with the exception of NCAA  Hockey and we all know how much the Frozen Four brings into Flippos endowment = Zero Point Zero! BC has never won a National Championship in a major sport and spins Syracuse & UCONN in the same sentence with Duke & UNC? BC will never see the light of day if this happens!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UCONN. Show UCONN's posts

.....  Being picked last sucks, huh?
    Posted by bc02eagle

Yes it does, but you'll get over it...

http://boston.sbnation.com/2011/10/19/2501281/acc-preseason-mens-basketball-rankings-boston-college-atlantic-coast-conference

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAS881. Show CHAS881's posts

Bumbles College with worst record in worst NCAA Bowl Conference.Embarassed

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bc02eagle. Show bc02eagle's posts

wow...I knew UConn was a poor school academically speaking (don't about 55% of the people who apply get in?) but I thought you would be able to understand the simple question that I asked so let's try one more time.

IF UCONN IS SUCH AN OUTSTANDING SCHOOL, ATHLETICALLY AND ACADEMICALLY (AND YES THE ACC DOES CARE ABOUT ACADEMICS) THEN WHY WILL THEY BE THE LAST ONES IN AFTER - MIAMI, VT, BC, SYRACUSE AND PITT?

All I would like is a simple answer, no bs, just answer the question.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigDaddyBC. Show BigDaddyBC's posts

With West Virginia looking like they are going to leave the Big East, and Boise State all but saying they have no interest, it looks like the University of Alaska and the University of Hawaii are next on the Big East's short list. I find it bemusing that among other silly moves, the Big East snubbed their nose at UMass. UConn or not, they have lost the entire Boston television market, and they will certainly have no NYC following on TV for football. Who would watch a conference that covers more than two-thirds of the country with many low profile, mediocre, 2nd tier institutions no less? They won't even watch Temple vs. Houston in Philly. It won't be long before ND abandons this mess. I remember the Big East bigots saying BC lost all of its rivals when it went to the ACC. What comes around, goes around, boys.

Sections
Shortcuts