FSU to the Big 12

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redbarchetta88. Show redbarchetta88's posts

FSU to the Big 12

The word out of Tallahassee is that some members of the Florida State Board of Trustees are not happy with the ACC's recent television deal. They might be looking to move to the Big 12 and try to get a deal similar to the one Texas has with ESPN. If this happens, and that's a big if considering the school president and AD said they are committed to the ACC, what does the ACC do? Do they stay at 12 with Syracuse and Pitt coming over?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

Re: FSU to the Big 12

In Response to Re: FSU to the Big 12:
    [QUOTE]In Response to FSU to the Big 12 : drop Pitt (they really don't bring much to the table anyways) and boot BC and beg for Uconn to join the ACC so they may finally have some facts to prove they may be the best hoops conference in the nation.  but it all revolves around football...
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

At this point does anyone want UCon hoops? And it does revolve around football and who wants UCon football? UCon may have shot its load and will try to resurrect the Yankee Conference.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CThuskies. Show CThuskies's posts

Yes, who wants a school that has won 3 National Championships (only trailing UCLA, Kentucky, Indiana, North Carolina, and Duke), has the most successful women's basketball team in the nation, and has a team that has gone to a BCS bowl (five bowls total since joining D-1A a decade ago).  They haven't shot it, they are still shooting it (and will likely shoot it all over your school soon).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

[QUOTE]Yes, who wants a school that has won 3 National Championships (only trailing UCLA, Kentucky, Indiana, North Carolina, and Duke), has the most successful women's basketball team in the nation, and has a team that has gone to a BCS bowl (five bowls total since joining D-1A a decade ago).  They haven't shot it, they are still shooting it (and will likely shoot it all over your school soon).
    Posted by CThuskies[/QUOTE]

5 bowls, sure -- but that last one proved that the UCon fanbase wouldn't shell out the do to see their pet dogs trampled. Women's BB - I grant you, but in the end, who really cares outside of CT? Men's BB -- lotsa damage control being done there.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CThuskies. Show CThuskies's posts

Actually, UConn DID travel pretty well given the circumstances.  As your team has never been, let me explain how it works:
    - UConn played OU in the Fiesta Bowl the same year the title game was also there
    - The National Championship game required that the fans of the schools attending the title game (Oregon and Auburn) ALSO buy UConn-OU tickets
    - The Oregon and Auburn fans had no use for them as it wasn't their game and they weren't going to book a hotel a week in advance for the UConn-OU game, so they sold them on StubHub for like $10
    - The cheapest seats from UConn were $125 and they weren't good.  The good ones were $250-$500.  Just so you know, the only way fan attendance is recorded is by tickets bought through a particular school
    - Seeing as UConn fans paid about $1000 for the flight there, not counting hotel, most chose to buy on StubHub to save money and get better seats.  OU fans did the same
    - There were about 30K OU fans and 20K UConn fans in actual attendance
    - OU had the same ticket loss issue, but it wasn't reported on because the Big 12 reimburses a school for the loss. The Big East does not (so UConn was on the hook and it was a bigger story)

How do I know this?  I was there (however, I bought through the school since I wanted to support them)

So, who really cares outside of CT?  Really, dude?  UConn is a decent national brand.  The question is, who cares about UMass outside of AMHERST?  Even there, the fans are apathetic.  I can't wait to see how many fans show up weekly to see UMass play terrible competition like Eastern Michigan and Ball State in a PRO stadium (which is considered LAME for a college team to do in ANY other part of the country) that is 90 MILES FROM CAMPUS!  Yes, recruits will be clamoring to play there.  If I am wrong about UMass attendance this coming season, you can correct me later.  However, I suspect you will get 50K for the game against Indiana and then average about 20K for conference play.  As I say, "You can't talk smack if you play in the MAC."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Does anyone consider BC football relevant anymore? Bunch of misguided sweet boys jilted in adolescence prepping to play touchy football ...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedBaron. Show RedBaron's posts

UConn had its run in BB. It was a program built by Calhoun. With the violations and the imminent departure of Calhoun, UConn BB will never be the same. No league will want to touch a school in such shambles. And making reference to UConn's BCS game is laughable. Good for them that they got into the game, but the Big East was way down that year and it doesn't even come close to the year that BC had with Matt Ryan when they won their division in the ACC, but missed out on a BCS game when they lost to VT in the ACC championship game.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: FSU to the Big 12 : "shambles"?  Shambles would be like BC, not Uconn.  Uconn has a national product and NBA guys come back ALL the time so Uconn will be fine with calhoun.  Issues may arise when Ollie (if he takes over) becomes Coach as he is unproven.  Just a reminder that the ACC did want Uconn until BC started whining.  I assume by "shambles" you mean an aribtrary NCAA decision about graduation rates?  What the NCAA did was wrong and never allowed Uconn to adjust their behavior.  Deflections early to the NBA and tranfers hurt them.  The rule was like me saying smoking is illegal and I arrest you because I have video of you smoking 2 years ago.  Of course guys like lothar will say how else can you apply the rule but retroactively and I would say you make the rule going forward so everyone knows what these "rules" are and can adjust future behavior.  it wasn't fair and a witch hunt for calhoun.  But maybe you're right, what conference would want a team that has won 3 titles since 1999?  Instead they would rather pick cellar dwellars like BC so the rest of the league has an easy win. As for Matt Ryan season, sounds like sour grapes and a lot of "what if's" and "could have been".  I prefer to deal with the facts.  CThuskies summed it up pretty well already
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]
    Whine, whine whine -- it's just not fair! Sour grapes, indeed!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]UConn had its run in BB. It was a program built by Calhoun. With the violations and the imminent departure of Calhoun, UConn BB will never be the same. No league will want to touch a school in such shambles. And making reference to UConn's BCS game is laughable. Good for them that they got into the game, but the Big East was way down that year and it doesn't even come close to the year that BC had with Matt Ryan when they won their division in the ACC, but missed out on a BCS game when they lost to VT in the ACC championship game.
    Posted by RedBaron[/QUOTE]

I true apologist for not having any money for his second collection... hope you made the Holy Day of Obligation yesterday, and prayed for the poor souls at BC this fall who will face Northwestern, Notre Dame, FSU , and perhaps squeeze out a win with the Black Bears...

Matt Ryan is an also ran, as he has accomplished nothing, but lose for the Falcons and will be surpassed by the dominence  Luck, and the RG3 show come this Fall.  Matty Ice has turned into a loser for the past three years, with the dreadful Falcons, a big time BC CHUMP, as Flutie, who collapsed in the NFL and with his leaderless actions never won a Super Bowl ring!

s

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bc64jg. Show bc64jg's posts

[QUOTE]Biggest 2 losers in the NFL!
    Posted by cheeroh[/QUOTE]

Bet you'd swap paychecks with those two losers.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: FSU to the Big 12 : common sense was lost on you LONG ago.  not worth the bait Lothar
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

Thought you were ignoring me Donnnn --

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

[QUOTE]Actually, UConn DID travel pretty well given the circumstances.  As your team has never been, let me explain how it works: - UConn played OU in the Fiesta Bowl the same year the title game was also there - The National Championship game required that the fans of the schools attending the title game (Oregon and Auburn) ALSO buy UConn-OU tickets - The Oregon and Auburn fans had no use for them as it wasn't their game and they weren't going to book a hotel a week in advance for the UConn-OU game, so they sold them on StubHub for like $10 - The cheapest seats from UConn were $125 and they weren't good.  The good ones were $250-$500.  Just so you know, the only way fan attendance is recorded is by tickets bought through a particular school - Seeing as UConn fans paid about $1000 for the flight there, not counting hotel, most chose to buy on StubHub to save money and get better seats.  OU fans did the same - There were about 30K OU fans and 20K UConn fans in actual attendance - OU had the same ticket loss issue, but it wasn't reported on because the Big 12 reimburses a school for the loss. The Big East does not (so UConn was on the hook and it was a bigger story) How do I know this?  I was there (however, I bought through the school since I wanted to support them) So, who really cares outside of CT?  Really, dude?  UConn is a decent national brand.  The question is, who cares about UMass outside of AMHERST?  Even there, the fans are apathetic.  I can't wait to see how many fans show up weekly to see UMass play terrible competition like Eastern Michigan and Ball State in a PRO stadium (which is considered LAME for a college team to do in ANY other part of the country) that is 90 MILES FROM CAMPUS!  Yes, recruits will be clamoring to play there.  If I am wrong about UMass attendance this coming season, you can correct me later.  However, I suspect you will get 50K for the game against Indiana and then average about 20K for conference play.  As I say, "You can't talk smack if you play in the MAC."
    So this was akin to a Ponzi scheme to sell tickets? Where do you get the attendance figures from? I do agree with you about seeing UMASS play Podunk U - but ya gotta start somewhere, when you're in a state with other athletic priorities and a bunch of great colleges: Harvard cancels Yale, BC is certainly not any worse than UCon, but what does CT have to put up against BU, NU or even MIT? Where did youu  get the idea that it's considered "LAME" to play in a pro stadium .... ?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

SEC and Big 12 start the play offs in the NCAA bowl series ... WOW and the ACC is worried about there two biggest stars FSU & Miami!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

It's all over BC, as the ACC goes tumbling down ... Bryant on the ACC schedule come 2014????? Wrong moves by BC, the BE, and ACC are gone so as Spazoo?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: FSU to the Big 12 : Rather have TB pay check and Gisele's big boy! 
    Posted by cheeroh[/QUOTE]

Gisele looks mighty fine to me! 

Matty Ice Man another BC flop in the NFL!
    Any BC boys in Canton OH?
    Don't think so ... maybe way back in 1942 which BC "trolls"never shut up about!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 82ndAB. Show 82ndAB's posts

Sad times ahead for NCAA football survival of the fittest and the ACC, BE does not fit into the mix.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redbarchetta88. Show redbarchetta88's posts

Remember when Gene DiFillippo accidentally revealed ESPN was behind Pitt and Syracuse's move to the ACC? Apparently ESPN is pushing FSU to move to the Big 12.

http://www.businessinsider.com/is-espn-pushing-florida-state-to-the-big-12-conference-2012-5

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CThuskies. Show CThuskies's posts

"So this was akin to a Ponzi scheme to sell tickets? Where do you get the attendance figures from? I do agree with you about seeing UMASS play Podunk U - but ya gotta start somewhere, when you're in a state with other athletic priorities and a bunch of great colleges: Harvard cancels Yale, BC is certainly not any worse than UCon, but what does CT have to put up against BU, NU or even MIT? Where did youu  get the idea that it's considered "LAME" to play in a pro stadium .... ?"

- My attendance figures are from me BEING THERE and seeing the stadium
    - BC is worse than UConn
    - Playing in a pro stadium IS lame.  Oklahoma, Texas, Florida State, Ohio State, Penn State, etc all have their own stadiums.  It is totally lame when you are at your school's game and all you see it Patriots gear everywhere.  Second fiddle is for losers.

Anyway, I am not sure why I am dealing with you and the BC fans here.  I mean, really?  The one year hoop ban will not tank UConn as they are pretty established.
    UConn > BC
    UConn > UMass

That is not going to change.  Deal with it and stop being a petty little jealous hater.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

[QUOTE]"So this was akin to a Ponzi scheme to sell tickets? Where do you get the attendance figures from? I do agree with you about seeing UMASS play Podunk U - but ya gotta start somewhere, when you're in a state with other athletic priorities and a bunch of great colleges: Harvard cancels Yale, BC is certainly not any worse than UCon, but what does CT have to put up against BU, NU or even MIT? Where did youu  get the idea that it's considered "LAME" to play in a pro stadium .... ?" - My attendance figures are from me BEING THERE and seeing the stadium - BC is worse than UConn - Playing in a pro stadium IS lame.  Oklahoma, Texas, Florida State, Ohio State, Penn State, etc all have their own stadiums.  It is totally lame when you are at your school's game and all you see it Patriots gear everywhere.  Second fiddle is for losers. Anyway, I am not sure why I am dealing with you and the BC fans here.  I mean, really?  The  one year hoop ban will not tank UConn as they are pretty established. UConn /> BC UConn > UMass That is not going to change.  Deal with it and stop being a petty little jealous hater.
    Posted by CThuskies[/Q
    Pretty weak argument for being lame .. "pretty established?" So was UCLA in the days of Alcindor and Walton - where are they now? Still good, but not the perpetual dynasty, are they? Stuff changes - maybe your arrogance will become humility ..................

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 82ndAB. Show 82ndAB's posts

[QUOTE]"So this was akin to a Ponzi scheme to sell tickets? Where do you get the attendance figures from? I do agree with you about seeing UMASS play Podunk U - but ya gotta start somewhere, when you're in a state with other athletic priorities and a bunch of great colleges: Harvard cancels Yale, BC is certainly not any worse than UCon, but what does CT have to put up against BU, NU or even MIT? Where did youu  get the idea that it's considered "LAME" to play in a pro stadium .... ?" - My attendance figures are from me BEING THERE and seeing the stadium - BC is worse than UConn - Playing in a pro stadium IS lame.  Oklahoma, Texas, Florida State, Ohio State, Penn State, etc all have their own stadiums.  It is totally lame when you are at your school's game and all you see it Patriots gear everywhere.  Second fiddle is for losers. Anyway, I am not sure why I am dealing with you and the BC fans here.  I mean, really?  The  one year hoop ban will not tank UConn as they are pretty established. UConn /> BC UConn > UMass That is not going to change.  Deal with it and stop being a petty little jealous hater.

Why is the SEC so dominant in Football? Take a hard look at Alumni Statium and you have answered the question.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

How very presumptive of you: this is not going to change .....

Sections
Shortcuts