Gene D is a joke...let's laugh him out of BC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eaglehockey. Show Eaglehockey's posts

Gene D is a joke...let's laugh him out of BC

As an Alum and a BC sports Booster...I am appaled at the lack of leadership Gene D exemplifies. He has done nothing for BC football..including getting  them into the ACC...where they certainly don't belong. The olny thing he's concerned about is maiking a buck for BC. Ther is no " spirit" at games...people generally show up well into the start of the game. he's done nothing.
    And he's surely not a Hockey guy...doesn't care one thing about it. If it wasn't for York...where would we be.
    It's time to get an AD that will have the best interests of BC in mind. An Alum  " no not me "...but someone who will instill new spirit and blood in the " Heights" .

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Re: Gene D is a joke...let's laugh him out of BC

Eaglehockey,

Solid points.

It IS time for a change in the AD's office.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCentralScrutinizer. Show TheCentralScrutinizer's posts

I am "appaled" that someone who can't spell or construct a sentence is trying to pass himself off as a BC graduate.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

In Response to Re: Gene D is a joke...let's laugh him out of BC:
    I am "appaled" that someone who can't spell or construct a sentence is trying to pass himself off as a BC graduate.
    Posted by TheCentralScrutinizer

Thought about remedial classes in spelling?

"Appaled" should be "appalled", my man.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from eaglebeagle1. Show eaglebeagle1's posts

I was thinking about starting a new thread and calling it "Toxic Waste", as that it what this forum has become due to the incessant, moronic posts by LP and the kids (cheeroh, whr, undking, posting king). They get attention from us (I'm including myself as a guilty party) that they can't get anywhere else in life. I'm sick of wading through their excrement.  If we all "ignored" them we could have some enjoyable and constructive discussions and civil debates, both pro and con, about BC sports.  They can talk to each other all they want. I think a lot more BC fans might post more often if so much of what is written here was not directed at the idiots.  Anyone interested?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamesGatz1. Show JamesGatz1's posts

I was thinking about starting a new thread and calling it "Toxic Waste", as that it what this forum has become due to the incessant, moronic posts by LP and the kids (cheeroh, whr, undking, posting king). They get attention from us (I'm including myself as a guilty party) that they can't get anywhere else in life. I'm sick of wading through their excrement.  If we all "ignored" them we could have some enjoyable and constructive discussions and civil debates, both pro and con, about BC sports.  They can talk to each other all they want. I think a lot more BC fans might post more often if so much of what is written here was not directed at the idiots.  Anyone interested?
    Posted by eaglebeagle1

I am in.  Agreed.  I will block the clowns.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

This from the Jim Donaldson column in today's Providence Journal:

"To the credit of Bob Driscoll, PC’s director of athletics — a man more interested in winning, and in winning the right way, than in ego or self-promotion..."

Would that we here at The Institute had such an A.D.

Peace

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

right because BC has such a terrible graduation rate in all sports; that is why they are in the top ten of major college programs in this area. 

You need to focus on the good things particularly a strong academic underpinning and support system for these true studen athletes

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCentralScrutinizer. Show TheCentralScrutinizer's posts

This from the Jim Donaldson column in today's Providence Journal: "To the credit of Bob Driscoll, PC’s director of athletics — a man more interested in winning, and in winning the right way, than in ego or self-promotion..." Would that we here at The Institute had such an A.D. Peace
    Posted by Longputter

In Driscoll's ten years, the men's basketball team has received one NCAA bid, the hockey team zero. He's as committed to winning as you are to racial harmony.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamesGatz1. Show JamesGatz1's posts

In Response to Re: Gene D is a joke...let's laugh him out of BC : In Driscoll's ten years, the men's basketball team has received one NCAA bid, the hockey team zero. He's as committed to winning as you are to racial harmony.
    Posted by TheCentralScrutinizer

Baseball has ben undefeated for 10 years, though.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

In Response to Re: Gene D is a joke...let's laugh him out of BC : Thought about remedial classes in spelling? "Appaled" should be "appalled", my man.
    Posted by Longputter

Sarcasm is truly a mystery to you

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

We should all get over the intermittent mispelling or typing error.  It happens.  And even LP, sometimes he makes a good point.  Overall though, I just have a hard time understanding how LP can be so consistently biased, self-centered, and focused on the exact same things over and over again.   It really makes for an interesting but flatulant study...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lionrock1. Show lionrock1's posts

I asked some Villanova alums (I live in PA) if they would take him back They respectfully declined. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fukowiman. Show Fukowiman's posts

I just wish Longputter would do one thing - delete everything under the word "Caution" in his posts.  It is painfully annoying to have to scroll so much.  So LP - make your point like the rest of us but don't keep reprinting your speech. We got it - you don't like Gene - okay great.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

lionrock1,

Good point.

His departure from Nova was done questionably, to put it charitably.

My info accords with yours: the folks at Nova are delighted that Flippo is now only a distant memory.

Others:

As Jim Donaldson sagely notes, PC is fortunate to have an AD of that caliber.

It is also noteworthy that the Providence media hold Bob Driscoll in such esteem.

Wonder what the Boston media would say if polled re Flippo.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

lionrock1 , Good point. His departure from Nova was done questionably, to put it charitably. My info accords with yours: the folks at Nova are delighted that Flippo is now only a distant memory. Others : As Jim Donaldson sagely notes, PC is fortunate to have an AD of that caliber. It is also noteworthy that the Providence media hold Bob Driscoll in such esteem. Wonder what the Boston media would say if polled re Flippo.
    Posted by Longputter

Yes, Providence's AD is so good they haven't had a relevant sports team in a decade!  So the guy has failed at his #1 job, improving athletics!  Once again your logic amazes me...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

As Jim Donaldson sagely notes, PC is fortunate to have an AD of that caliber. It is also noteworthy that the Providence media hold Bob Driscoll in such esteem.
    Posted by Longputter

He a good soldier and veteran of the New England media, but the last time Donaldson wrote as a sage was when Monan was still in office.

And not that it matters, because you have no verification as to how the Prov media (not simply one person) actually view Driscoll, but do you have verification as to exactly what level of esteem GDF is being held by the Boston media that leads relevance to your comparison?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

trbow,

No, I don't have empirical data of any survey taken of the Boston media re the esteem - or lack thereof- in which Flippo is held by that fourth estate.

But we do have Mark Blaudschun's column yesterday re Coach Skinner which, as ESPN has done more than once, casts doubt on Flippo's truth-teller status as to why Coach Skinner is no longer there. Personally, it bothers me more than a little that our school - this time again re Flippo - put itself in a place where its word is suspect. Maybe, however, you and the other members of the Uber Alles crowd are sanguine with such a status.

As to PC AD Driscoll, I also have no info re how the rest of the Providence media rates him. BUT this one public media kudo is one more than Flippo has acquired in his nearly 14 years on this campus.

Peace.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bcfan1111. Show bcfan1111's posts

Gene D IS a joke - he was dumped at Nova and he's just gotten worse since then.  Let's look at the record:

1) moves BC to a conference where they obviously don't belong; at the time to follow wherever Miami football went - how's that working out?  Anyone else cringe at the stupid y'all commercials and commentators of the ACC network?  Seriously - please go back to the Big East where we belong.  If Gene D. is dumped, they will take BC back.

2) lets his #1 seed hockey team get shipped out to St. Louis while Merrimack and UNH get to play up the road in Manchester, NH.  That's some pull there Gene - very impressive.  Snooks Kelly would have punched you out Gene - have some backbone!  How'd that work out?

3) lets his #1 NIT seed basketball team get shipped to McNeese St. for their first game because Conte was "unavailable" due to hockey practice.  Unbelievable.  Nice touch Gene.  How'd that work out?

4) gives Al Skinner an extension - then fires him with three years left on his contract - nice

5) hires Jags as the football coach of the future, then fires him - maybe a bad hire you think? 

6) gladly accepts $5,000 from any unsuspecting Flynn Fund donor looking for an outside parking space at football games and then looks the other way when the staties and associated BC thugs use their terror tactics to get families into shutting down tailgates early - really nice Gene, how to take care of the hand that feeds you.  And you wonder why people want you outta here?

Bring back Chet Gladchuck - oh wait, he was a dope too.  And people wonder why Boston is more into pro sports.  Gene - get a clue and get the hell out - and take the evil Fr. Leahy with you.

Have a lovely day.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

again blaudschaun carries the water for the anti_BC crowd after the actual minutes of the BE conference disprove what he wrote.  Why no comment on the minutes that were presented LP?  Are they wrong

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

bcfan111 - I agree, BC tailgating limitations and impotence, combined with a failure to motivate the crowds, is a negative aspect of the football experience.

LP - I read the Skinner article, and yes, it does leave one wondering how GDF handled it.  Same time, it does not do any favors for Coach Skinner, and you know I have always repsected his demeanor and his tenure.  But I felt his performance had changed over the final few years, more legal and academic issues with players, and fewer recruiting numbers on roster. 

I'm open to criticizing any of them if I feel it's just.  The shafting of the hockey team was inexusable.  BC could have been seeded in CT, and Yale in NH, Merrimack sent elsewhere, issue resolved, everything fair and equitable, but BC would have needed power and allies in the room. If we are to blame GDF for that, so be it. Nevertheless, no excuses, the team was not prepared for their game, and that's a rarity for the program.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"lets his #1 seed hockey team get shipped out to St. Louis"

ADs can pick up the phone and get their school sent to another city ? Fail!

Original poster: 3 posts 3 Fails! The comedic writings of Boston College haters continue to keep the laughter up in the Dawg's house!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

"lets his #1 seed hockey team get shipped out to St. Louis" ADs can pick up the phone and get their school sent to another city ? Fail! Original poster: 3 posts 3 Fails ! The comedic writings of Boston College haters continue to keep the laughter up in the Dawg's house!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Final Four San Dawg ... no other team in New England team has accomplished!

A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1249. Show 1249's posts

Yale was a one seed and hosted. They couldn't be moved. UNH was also a host. NCAA does not allow teams in the same conference to play each other in the first round. So unh would have to have had a higher seed (3) than the four they got for BC to play in that regional. UNH sucked in the HE final and rightly so dropped to a four. BC won HE and rightfully got a one seed.  Nothing Gene could have done, it was all NCAA and Unh's fault. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Gene D is a joke...let's laugh him out of BC : Final Four San Dawg ... no other team in New England team has accomplished! A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
    Posted by cheeroh

You'll never get any argument out of me in regards to how good Jim Calhoun is. I'm a huge fan of his especially when he muses "I'm just a big dumb Irishman". He commands respect and gets it from me!

Despite BCs early ouster out west I think of Jerry York the same way in regards to his place in college hockey as I do of Jim Calhoun's place in College Basketball two great coaches.

Sections
Shortcuts