God Bless Jerry York

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmathuna. Show tmathuna's posts

God Bless Jerry York

Maybe he can save BC from itself, he runs a clean classy program. Congrats on the Beanpot Championship....BC owned the Beanpot when it started and BU was an afterthought...(until they went to Canada and bought it, while BC stayed with the local American kid)...the Beanpot is home, again.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eaglehockey. Show Eaglehockey's posts

Re: God Bless Jerry York

YES !!! JERRY YORK FOR ATHLETIC DIRECTOR !!!!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

In Response to God Bless Jerry York:
    [QUOTE]Maybe he can save BC from itself, he runs a clean classy program. Congrats on the Beanpot Championship....BC owned the Beanpot when it started and BU was an afterthought...(until they went to Canada and bought it, while BC stayed with the local American kid)...the Beanpot is home, again.
    Posted by tmathuna[/QUOTE]

I agree, York runs a great proram and thank God he was selected as coach on his 2nd attempt at applying, after the Milbury debacle...

As for the BU Canadian story, college hockey has changed quite a bit since then, Canadian recruiting is pretty old news, and an odd way to enjoy the victory, another example of BC alum's and their poor style of winning that puts the remainder on the defensive. Why not celebrate a great win, a fantastic program, and admit that BU runs a great program too?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lynchyj. Show lynchyj's posts

I agree with the sentiment of thank goodness for Jerry York, but also agree with trbow that slamming BU's (and most other elite programs) foray into Canada is a couple of decades late and irrelevant.

BU won national titles in the late 70's with a core group of local kids, too (Eruzione, Craig, O'Callaghan, etc.). 

Nice to have both programs at the top of the hockey world at the same time. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle78. Show Eagle78's posts

In response to "Re: God Bless Jerry York": [QUOTE]In Response to God Bless Jerry York : I agree, York runs a great proram and thank God he was selected as coach on his 2nd attempt at applying, after the Milbury debacle... As for the BU Canadian story, college hockey has changed quite a bit since then, Canadian recruiting is pretty old news, and an odd way to enjoy the victory, another example of BC alum's and their poor style of winning that puts the remainder on the defensive. Why not celebrate a great win, a fantastic program, and admit that BU runs a great program too? Posted by trbow[/QUOTE] Agreed. As a BC alum, I have great respect for Parker and the BU program. Just amazing - perhaps the two best programs in college hockey who enjoy one of the greatest rivalries in sports - located just a few miles apart on Commonwealth Avenue. Both BC and BU alums have every reason to be proud.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: God Bless Jerry York:[QUOTE]In Response to God Bless Jerry York : I agree, York runs a great proram and thank God he was selected as coach on his 2nd attempt at applying, after the Milbury debacle... Posted by trbow[/QUOTE]

That was bad and yes very glad it worked out the right way, the York way.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

In Response to Re: God Bless Jerry York:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: God Bless Jerry York : That was bad and yes very glad it worked out the right way, the York way.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    I think you have to go all the way back to the Snooks Kelly era to find an all-US team in college hockey. It's a non-issue today.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmathuna. Show tmathuna's posts

I agree with all of your points regarding BU and BC being elite programs. It is obvious that both programs are very successful. It was an unecessary shot at BU.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bc64jg. Show bc64jg's posts

The Beanpot is one of the best collegiate tournaments in the sports world.  To be able to see the four local schools go at it every year is a treat.  Right now BC and BU are on top but eventually the tide will turn and Harvard and Northeastern will take their turn as winners.  At least, I hope so because without some needed balance the tournament will fade and that would be a shame. 
    I want to see our Boston teams battle it out - the pride, the bragging rights, the energy and the spirit of this competition make it a classic event.  It wouldn't be the same if we added Denver, the University of North Dakota, Wisconsin or even Notre Dame into the field and it certainly would never be the Beanpot.     

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigMike67. Show BigMike67's posts

I always thought it was Harvard that started the influx of Canadian college players to the old ECAC picture. Herb Wakabiashi [sp?] is the first name I recall in a Crimson uniform, and he was pretty good. BC under Snooks did concentrate on local kids, but hey, things changed a lot over the years. BC and BU both have top flight programs and NU, Harvard, UVM, Maine, Merrimac and a few others are just a few ticks away from the top too in any given year. I am amazed at how college hockey has grown the product. Perhaps the big bucks in the NHL, or the success at Lake Placid were the impetus, but in any event my only regret is that in KY I only get to see them on the cable and not at the rinks. Oh, yeah, and that the wife won't let me subscribe to some of college and NHL packages because I would be watching too much hockey. lol

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]I always thought it was Harvard that started the influx of Canadian college players to the old ECAC picture. Herb Wakabiashi [sp?] is the first name I recall in a Crimson uniform, and he was pretty good. BC under Snooks did concentrate on local kids, but hey, things changed a lot over the years. BC and BU both have top flight programs and NU, Harvard, UVM, Maine, Merrimac and a few others are just a few ticks away from the top too in any given year. I am amazed at how college hockey has grown the product. Perhaps the big bucks in the NHL, or the success at Lake Placid were the impetus, but in any event my only regret is that in KY I only get to see them on the cable and not at the rinks. Oh, yeah, and that the wife won't let me subscribe to some of college and NHL packages because I would be watching too much hockey. lol
    Posted by BigMike67[/QUOTE]
    A minor point, but Herb W played for BU 1964-68.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmathuna. Show tmathuna's posts

Wow, take it easy whr. Being  part of the Beanpot is a recruiting tool for all four school...it must mean something to them.....and BC and BU have a few NCAA Championships between them. It's a good (great) tourney. I think Donahue coaches bball and nobody at BC planned on dancing this year.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]Wow, take it easy whr. Being  part of the Beanpot is a recruiting tool for all four school...it must mean something to them.....and BC and BU have a few NCAA Championships between them. It's a good (great) tourney. I think Donahue coaches bball and nobody at BC planned on dancing this year.....
    Posted by tmathuna[/QUOTE]
    tmathuna: Try to understand WHR, because he's a classic internet troll, never contributing to any discussion, akin to his doggie friend Cheeroh. Their little Masters and Husky icons show that their intellects are at about third grade level. WHR actually claims to be a "scratch" golfer who shot even par at Indian Wells (front 9). Cheeroh must have caddied for him and kept score.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sterlippo. Show sterlippo's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: God Bless Jerry York": Agreed. As a BC alum, I have great respect for Parker and the BU program. Just amazing - perhaps the two best programs in college hockey who enjoy one of the greatest rivalries in sports - located just a few miles apart on Commonwealth Avenue. Both BC and BU alums have every reason to be proud.
    Posted by Eagle78[/QUOTE]

well put, I agree 100% Eagle78. I am also an alum, BC'78

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jack ryder. Show jack ryder's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: God Bless Jerry York : There is a qualifications kicker here troll to your delusion. Knock off Harvard, and Northeastern, two pathetic hockey teams, for the past 20 years, and you have the Commonweath Ave. Pot an over hyped tournament nobody in America gives a squat, or recognizes. I'm sure Ferris State, UMASS-Lowell, Union, and in particular Minnesota-Duluth, would consider the Beanie Pot, just what it is, a tournament where obnoxious Bostonians vent  out there frustrations on continuous disappointments in the main stay of NCAA athletic programs. Cheers trolls ... No Dancing for Donahue!   
    Posted by whr[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jack ryder. Show jack ryder's posts

900 wins and counting.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.nesn.com/2012/02/boston-college-takes-down-merrimack-jerry-york-wins-900th-game.html

and the Eagles are peaking at the right time along with his 900th win.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

As a true blue Merrimack Warriors fan..I have to say I wish he had gotten his 900th win against another team..but....

This guy is so well respected and such a classy guy and a great coach. In the world of college hockey you come across a lot of coaches that send the wrong message. Jerry York is not one of them. He is a great example of leadership and a good role model.
    When York was interviewed last night..after the win..he said the following:

" When you sign up for a team sport, whether you are a coach or a player, it's never about individual accomplishment".
    With a philosophy like that, it's easy to see why he has 900 wins under his belt. My hat is off to him..looking forward to seeing him and BC tonight.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Boston University men's hockey team taken down by
    UMass-Lowell

Big tough BU Hockey program stay inside Comm Ave. Outside of Comm. Ave. another over hyped hockey program. Jackie Parker start considering retirement at 65 years please! Your time in the Sun is gonso as the Bean Pot.
    Congrats UML, now on to the Frozen Four!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]Boston University men's hockey team taken down by UMass-Lowell Big tough BU Hockey program stay inside Comm Ave. Outside of Comm. Ave. another over hyped hockey program. Jackie Parker start considering retirement at 65 years please! Your time in the Sun is gonso as the Bean Pot. Congrats UML, now on to the Frozen Four!
    Posted by cheeroh[/QUOTE]
    haha...couldn't agree more...!!!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts