Going Big Time , a Primer

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 82ndAB. Show 82ndAB's posts

Re: Going Big Time , a Primer

In response to SlimPickensIII's comment:

Charlie Molinari is a heck of a guy.  Always upbeat and positive.   The glass isn't empty, look there's a drop of water in it.   There aren't 60,000 empty seats in this Stadium, there are 8,000 filled seats.  We didn't get shut out,  well we did, but we were just 5 plays short of kicking a field goal that might have nicked the outside of the upright. If a gust of wind comes along, heck, that's 3 points right there.

The nice guy approach worked for Pete Carroll at U$C,  but I think he had the alum boosters working the streets with envelopes of cash at the same time. 

Those SEC guys don't even waste time with the nice guy veneer, they just cut to the chase, so I"m pretty sure those envelopes are key.  The fatter the better.

Charlie needs some legitimate football players. Guys with no necks.  Guys who will lay wasted to the town of Amherst, leaving it a pile of smoldering rubble.  Guys who will steal from dorm rooms and assault anyone that looks at them funny.  Guys who make the police blotter. SEC Urban Meyer guys.  Charlie needs to ask himself - do I want to bring in Student-Athletes or do I want to win?  

The Deep South does have an advantage, when it comes to stuffing those envelopes.  You can buy a cup of worms,  plus lunch and gas, for practically nothing at those one stop Gas Stations.  If those worms do their job, then there's your fish dinner right there too!  This frees up alot of money for the stuff that matters.  And what matters is Football. This is how it works in Bama and Georgey and Ole Miss and the swamps of FL.  

The flat wastelands of Indiana are similar,  except instead of Catfish, it's Deer Season that sustains them.  Otherwise the process is identical:  lots of time outside, sitting on your brains, thinking deep thoughts with a case of Bud.  It shows when they come here and share.  You simply cannot create original quality work, like the ND wannabe and the Alabama Chairborne guy produce on a regular basis, by skipping this process.

Can I get a witness?  Tell'm 82nd Chairborne.  If we want to save the world,  or at least put a quality football on the field, then we all need to start buying cups of worms.

Roll Tide... UMaine looked great.. and be a DAZZIO Dude, a Buffoon College Dude... Now, didn't Wake Forest look great?  We all want to be a DUDE at BC where in Los Angeles  USC awaits the TROJANS, and not the kind you buy at CVS in the variety pack ... The real men of TROY... Be a BC Dazzio Dude!!!!!  FCS gig is over ....

CONGRATS Black Bears ... UMASS really sucks!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redbarchetta88. Show redbarchetta88's posts

I would like to see how many programs in year #2 as an FBS program vaulted to a bowl-caliber team. The odds are that there are none.

To everyone who wants to kill the program or send it back to the lower leagues (essenially the same thing), that ship has already sailed. There is no going back. The best thing for the University is to make this program work instead of taking the Max Page route and trying to undermine it. Killing the program would be a fatal blow to the university of Massachusetts' reputation.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trojanfever. Show Trojanfever's posts

In response to 82ndAB's comment:

Charlie Molinari is a heck of a guy.  Always upbeat and positive.   The glass isn't empty, look there's a drop of water in it.   There aren't 60,000 empty seats in this Stadium, there are 8,000 filled seats.  We didn't get shut out,  well we did, but we were just 5 plays short of kicking a field goal that might have nicked the outside of the upright. If a gust of wind comes along, heck, that's 3 points right there.

The nice guy approach worked for Pete Carroll at U$C,  but I think he had the alum boosters working the streets with envelopes of cash at the same time. 

Those SEC guys don't even waste time with the nice guy veneer, they just cut to the chase, so I"m pretty sure those envelopes are key.  The fatter the better.

Charlie needs some legitimate football players. Guys with no necks.  Guys who will lay wasted to the town of Amherst, leaving it a pile of smoldering rubble.  Guys who will steal from dorm rooms and assault anyone that looks at them funny.  Guys who make the police blotter. SEC Urban Meyer guys.  Charlie needs to ask himself - do I want to bring in Student-Athletes or do I want to win?  

The Deep South does have an advantage, when it comes to stuffing those envelopes.  You can buy a cup of worms,  plus lunch and gas, for practically nothing at those one stop Gas Stations.  If those worms do their job, then there's your fish dinner right there too!  This frees up alot of money for the stuff that matters.  And what matters is Football. This is how it works in Bama and Georgey and Ole Miss and the swamps of FL.  

The flat wastelands of Indiana are similar,  except instead of Catfish, it's Deer Season that sustains them.  Otherwise the process is identical:  lots of time outside, sitting on your brains, thinking deep thoughts with a case of Bud.  It shows when they come here and share.  You simply cannot create original quality work, like the ND wannabe and the Alabama Chairborne guy produce on a regular basis, by skipping this process.

Can I get a witness?  Tell'm 82nd Chairborne.  If we want to save the world,  or at least put a quality football on the field, then we all need to start buying cups of worms.

Roll Tide... UMaine looked great.. and be a DAZZIO Dude, a Buffoon College Dude... Now, didn't Wake Forest look great?  We all want to be a DUDE at BC where in Los Angeles  USC awaits the TROJANS, and not the kind you buy at CVS in the variety pack ... The real men of TROY... Be a BC Dazzio Dude!!!!!  FCS gig is over ....

Will they be Dudes in the LA Colliseum next week, or revert back to the hopeless Yankie Doodle Dandies which they are, after our Men of Troy, and Lane Kiffin bring on the onslaught?

FCS time is over and welcome to Pac12 Football.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trojanfever. Show Trojanfever's posts

In response to redbarchetta88's comment:

I would like to see how many programs in year #2 as an FBS program vaulted to a bowl-caliber team. The odds are that there are none.

To everyone who wants to kill the program or send it back to the lower leagues (essenially the same thing), that ship has already sailed. There is no going back. The best thing for the University is to make this program work instead of taking the Max Page route and trying to undermine it. Killing the program would be a fatal blow to the university of Massachusetts' reputation.

Gator down year there Mr. SEC? Never mind the boys in Amherst!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

In response to Trojanfever's comment:

In response to 82ndAB's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Will they be Dudes in the LA Colliseum next week, or revert back to the hopeless Yankie Doodle Dandies which they are, after our Men of Troy, and Lane Kiffin bring on the onslaught?

FCS time is over and welcome to Pac12 Football.

[/QUOTE]
    Was that a misprint? WSU 10 - USC 7? Lane Kiffin leads the mighty Trojans to one TD against Washington State.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Lane Kiffin is toast! He is going to suffer brutal beatdowns from both the Irish and Bruins this season.

Going to the game on Saturday, can't wait to see that bewildered look on Lane's face again :)

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trojanfever. Show Trojanfever's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Lane Kiffin is toast! He is going to suffer brutal beatdowns from both the Irish and Bruins this season.

Going to the game on Saturday, can't wait to see that bewildered look on Lane's face again :)

The Men of Troy wait ... Now Notre Dame looked well against another Darnell Robinson did they not?

Lane Kiffin will turn it around against the Teddy Kennedy blow hards of the FCS. Say a couple of Hail Mary's, if that helps anymore for this FCS team fof the Northeast, might add in a good Act of Contrition for  penance which USC will linflict serious bodily harm to Catholic School #2.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailman2. Show sailman2's posts

In response to Trojanfever's comment:

[QUOTE]

The Men of Troy wait ... Now Notre Dame looked well against another Darnell Robinson did they not?

Lane Kiffin will turn it around against the Teddy Kennedy blow hards of the FCS. Say a couple of Hail Mary's, if that helps anymore for this FCS team fof the Northeast, might add in a good Act of Contrition for  penance which USC will linflict serious bodily harm to Catholic School #2.

[/QUOTE]

The Beheads Coaches Institute  (pink) developed whiskey breath from Snake Oil's Dazzio's  two scrub games. The to be a "Dude" Team looks for this devine intervention, you mention, in Los Angeles, where they are often confused with Boston University. The Beheads have never achieved anything outside of the Boston Globe's circulation desk, which is dwindling. To compare USC's storied prorgam with the Beheads failure is an oxy moron and not worth the print space.

Greatness can only be achieved by this Institution in how much smoke they blow, as the they are Page #144 in in the LA Times as material print.

BTW: Dougie Flutie the 52 yr. old cheerleader, who never grew up,  will be sitting this embarrassment out. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailman2. Show sailman2's posts

Second collection appeal Sunday begins at the 9:00 a.m.  for the Beheads Coaches Institute, Catholic School #2 in prominence, for the egg laying Los Angeles and inabiolity to achieve prime time. recognition.

Don't forget to be a BC Dazzio DUDE!!!!! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailman2. Show sailman2's posts

Your rants are getting more outlandish than OBAMA and Kerry!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Trojanfever's comment 

Lane Kiffin will turn it around against the Teddy Kennedy blow hards of the FCS. Say a couple of Hail Mary's, if that helps anymore for this FCS team fof the Northeast, might add in a good Act of Contrition for  penance which USC will linflict serious bodily harm to Catholic School #2.[/QUOTE]

Is that you UNDQueen ?

Teddy went to Harvard, please try to keep up. Lane Kiffin is done in LA, everyone but you know it!

PS. Sorry Slim that this has turned into another BC bashing thread. I have friends n relatives that went to Amherst so do keep up the good work :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trojanfever. Show Trojanfever's posts

Sorry USC tune-up with Snow Flake College on Sept. 14 game will be televised live on the Pac-12 Network at 3 p.m. ET (noon PT). Despite continued efforts by BC and the ACC, the Pac-12 Network will not release the game to local channels beyond what is listed in the channel finder.

Might say that's how significant this New England nobody is held in low esteme in Los Angeles when it comes to Collegiate football.

I gather you liberals from Bush 's Baked Beantown know all about USC football now, from a College that has won aboslutely nothing and has no clout in FBS football?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

PS. Sorry Slim that this has turned into another BC bashing thread. I have friends n relatives that went to Amherst so do keep up the good work :)

No biggie. I figure if we keep them here - meaning in Mom's basement of course - rather than aimlessly roaming the streets, that we're doing Society a favor.

At first, they'll only dislike what you say, but the more correct you start sounding the more they'll dislike you.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

Assessing USC and BC: Come here Kitty Kitty Kitty!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trojanfever. Show Trojanfever's posts

Marquis Lee will be the answer to all this jibberish.

Best wide out since Randy Moss to play Collegiate football... Pac 12 Network. Appears this flunkie team the patsies might waat to consider him after last night.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 82ndAB. Show 82ndAB's posts

Real game is Johnny Manzail and 'Bama where the Tide roll on, not this tune up for Lane Kiffin to put a W against a bush of Nothern flag football scrubs who probably got lost with Louis & Clark in finding LA with there sorry coach.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

‘It is time that we bring back some of our old traditions and create new ones,’’ Bates said after announcing that fans could take pictures with the 9-year-old male eagle before the season opener against Villanova.

Just simply BRILLANT from a Miami of Ohio stiff!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

In response to undking's comment:

‘It is time that we bring back some of our old traditions and create new ones,’’ Bates said after announcing that fans could take pictures with the 9-year-old male eagle before the season opener against Villanova.

Just simply BRILLANT from a Miami of Ohio stiff!

Gipper, How many times have you had your picture taken with the leprechaun? Now that's a tradition to be proud of.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trojanfever. Show Trojanfever's posts

Enought said small time school small time program stay East, or bring the Pope moble next time!

Completely outclassed minus Silas Redd!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 82ndAB. Show 82ndAB's posts

ROLL TIDE ROLL TIDE ON !!!!!

As for tis Buffoon College USA, from Yankeeland, stay at home! Simply an embarrassment with an embarrassing following.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts