Good wins for UMass & BC

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

Re: Good wins for UMass & BC

In response to Donnnn's comment:

Poor slim with umass...i was hoping but when ole miss won, it looked bleak.  A10 however showed its strength and looking for VCU to make a run

UMass a 2 seed in the NIT vs. Stony Brook.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jack ryder. Show jack ryder's posts

In response to Lordship's comment:

I see BC in the tourney next year. Poor Donnn lives in fear that something good may happen to BC.

By the way, great job on the espn board claiming to be a Miami fan and bad-mouthing BC.

Your life must really suck.

Please..maybe nit..maybe.  If my "life sucks", why are u following me around on espn and making comments here?   Its like saying only losers go to this club and yet you see me there.  Why are you there?  Weird that i see you as the sad man following me around.....

I was following the BC game dick head. What were you doing there? Oh yeah, you're a Miami fan living in Boston. It just goes to shows how far you will go with your obsession.  You are a whiney little pissy and your life does suck.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

I see BC in the tourney next year. Poor Donnn lives in fear that something good may happen to BC.

By the way, great job on the espn board claiming to be a Miami fan and bad-mouthing BC.

Please..maybe nit..maybe.  If my "life sucks", why are u following me around on espn and making comments here?   Its like saying only losers go to this club and yet you see me there.  Why are you there?  Weird that i see you as the sad man following me around.....

I was following the BC game dick head. What were you doing there? Oh yeah, you're a Miami fan living in Boston. It just goes to shows how far you will go with your obsession.  You are a whiney little pissy and your life does suck.

Im a big miami fan...  Again, if my life sucks, why do you follow it so closely?  Maybe i should be on twitter so u can follow me?  #lordshiitfollowsdonnnn

Donnn, I doubt if anyone's following you. You accused me of doing the same thing a couple of weeks ago when I noticed your multiple anti-BC vents on ESPN under your alter ego of Donnnn45. We know you hate BC, but it's getting boring to hear the same ranting. Lighten up a little.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 82ndAB. Show 82ndAB's posts

In response to indians1948's comment:

Im a big miami fan...  Again, if my life sucks, why do you follow it so closely?  Maybe i should be on twitter so u can follow me?  #lordshiitfollowsdonnnn

Donnn, I doubt if anyone's following you. You accused me of doing the same thing a couple of weeks ago when I noticed your multiple anti-BC vents on ESPN under your alter ego of Donnnn45. We know you hate BC, but it's getting boring to hear the same ranting. Lighten up a little.

Hope this guy is not a Community College graduate out of this meca of educational delight in the Northeast?

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

In response to SlimPickensIII's comment:

You had to be a masochist to watch that UMass/Stony Brook horror show last night.  It was ugly.  It also shows you how dependent they are on Chaz Williams.   If he didn't transfer Derek Kellogg would be unemployed or at least working elsewhere right now.

Next season a hopefully healthy Jesse Morgan and Javron Farrell return.   Terrell Vinson and Freddie Riley are gone, so call it a wash.   They need a couple more pieces if they're going to return to the Dance. I'm not sure they have them lined up right now.

Ah well,  have 5 A10 teams to root for still.   Make that 4.  I have no use for those carpetbaggers from Butler.   And whatever you do, do not have them going very far in your bracket, they've really stunk after those early high profile wins.  It's all Rotnei Clark with those guys.  The teevee heads will say, have said ad nauseum, that there are no bad shots for Clark.  Yes, there are.  And he's taken all of them.  Teams, and hopefully the refs,  are starting to notice the 'Butler Way'.  It involves alot of sneaky stuff, like hipchecking opponents as they go up for rebounds or shots. You have to watch closely to catch it.

St Louis is the team that will go the furthest from the A10 this year.  Maybe VCU can get to the Sweet 16.   After that, Temple will do it's usual one-and-done under Dunphy.  This is his worst team since taking over.  LaSalle won their play-in. That'll about do it for them.

Well, Slim and Donnn -- I ignored my psychiatrist's advice and went to the Mullins last night  - this  team mailed it in: Who REALLY cares abot the NIT, when the "Big Dance" is the only thing that counts? For Stony this WAS a big deal .... they're where UMASS was when the Cal years were starting. If they were asked, do you think UCon would've accepted an NIT bid? Kinda doubt it. For the record, it's the UL Cardinals all the way!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailman2. Show sailman2's posts

In response to LOTHAR43's comment:

You had to be a masochist to watch that UMass/Stony Brook horror show last night.  It was ugly.  It also shows you how dependent they are on Chaz Williams.   If he didn't transfer Derek Kellogg would be unemployed or at least working elsewhere right now.

Next season a hopefully healthy Jesse Morgan and Javron Farrell return.   Terrell Vinson and Freddie Riley are gone, so call it a wash.   They need a couple more pieces if they're going to return to the Dance. I'm not sure they have them lined up right now.

Ah well,  have 5 A10 teams to root for still.   Make that 4.  I have no use for those carpetbaggers from Butler.   And whatever you do, do not have them going very far in your bracket, they've really stunk after those early high profile wins.  It's all Rotnei Clark with those guys.  The teevee heads will say, have said ad nauseum, that there are no bad shots for Clark.  Yes, there are.  And he's taken all of them.  Teams, and hopefully the refs,  are starting to notice the 'Butler Way'.  It involves alot of sneaky stuff, like hipchecking opponents as they go up for rebounds or shots. You have to watch closely to catch it.

St Louis is the team that will go the furthest from the A10 this year.  Maybe VCU can get to the Sweet 16.   After that, Temple will do it's usual one-and-done under Dunphy.  This is his worst team since taking over.  LaSalle won their play-in. That'll about do it for them.

Well, Slim and Donnn -- I ignored my psychiatrist's advice and went to the Mullins last night  - this  team mailed it in: Who REALLY cares abot the NIT, when the "Big Dance" is the only thing that counts? For Stony this WAS a big deal .... they're where UMASS was when the Cal years were starting. If they were asked, do you think UCon would've accepted an NIT bid? Kinda doubt it. For the record, it's the UL Cardinals all the way!

I'm sure in the heart of Dixie 82nd Airborne has framed this post. At least the the Beheads Coaches Institute scheduling guru's will realize playing Bryant & Harvard and lossing won't get you anywhere. However, the Beheads Coaches Institute have been mis-guessing for 3 years under Wonder Boy and his excuses!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

In response to sailman2's comment:

I'm sure in the heart of Dixie 82nd Airborne has framed this post. At least the the Beheads Coaches Institute scheduling guru's will realize playing Bryant & Harvard and lossing won't get you anywhere. However, the Beheads Coaches Institute have been mis-guessing for 3 years under Wonder Boy and his excuses!

It's a shame that Longputter had a stroke or a seizure, and this is all that's left of him drooling on the keyboard...

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

Hmmm,  it's not even half time yet,  but Temple is crushing NC State.  Gotta believe that the ACC really is down this year.  A10 goes to 5-0 if this stands.  And in the first 4 the margin of victory has been 24 points. (Yes!  Fist pump!)  Between this and Kentucky getting shunted to the NIT, and then booted out of their own court, and then losing in the first round of that,  I'd have to say it's shaping up as a very fine March indeed. 

Okay, we'll see how long this lasts. But I'm outta here for the weekend in 30 minutes.  Any further gloating will have to wait until Monday.

No gloating please! NC State has been an enigma all year. Picked to win the ACC in preseason, they're the most physically talented team in the league, except for (maybe) Miami, but arguably the biggest underachievers in the country this year. I can't root for a conference. I'd like to see Miami win, but never Duke. Likewise Ohio State, but not Indiana or any team from Michigan.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

In response to indians1948's comment:

Hmmm,  it's not even half time yet,  but Temple is crushing NC State.  Gotta believe that the ACC really is down this year.  A10 goes to 5-0 if this stands.  And in the first 4 the margin of victory has been 24 points. (Yes!  Fist pump!)  Between this and Kentucky getting shunted to the NIT, and then booted out of their own court, and then losing in the first round of that,  I'd have to say it's shaping up as a very fine March indeed. 

Okay, we'll see how long this lasts. But I'm outta here for the weekend in 30 minutes.  Any further gloating will have to wait until Monday.

No gloating please! NC State has been an enigma all year. Picked to win the ACC in preseason, they're the most physically talented team in the league, except for (maybe) Miami, but arguably the biggest underachievers in the country this year. I can't root for a conference. I'd like to see Miami win, but never Duke. Likewise Ohio State, but not Indiana or any team from Michigan.

You have many opinions and you're also all over the place. Guess we agree on one thing,  your Buffoons are at home where they belong nowhere!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I actually was very encouraged by the Eagles this season. They all made solid improvement, and there's only one senior and one junior on the team. Nobody is going to the NBA this season...and maybe two have a shot at all, so the next two seasons are the prime time for them. That's how SD's teams work. They had quite a few close games that they should have won at the end, and with more experience, they'll begin to take those games. The only problem is that influx of all of the Big East talent not joining the Catholic schools conference.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailman2. Show sailman2's posts

In response to jgallag1's comment:

I actually was very encouraged by the Eagles this season. They all made solid improvement, and there's only one senior and one junior on the team. Nobody is going to the NBA this season...and maybe two have a shot at all, so the next two seasons are the prime time for them. That's how SD's teams work. They had quite a few close games that they should have won at the end, and with more experience, they'll begin to take those games. The only problem is that influx of all of the Big East talent not joining the Catholic schools conference.

Your way out there!

Now go back to the library and research Florida Gulf Coast and come back with a little more intellengence to the table.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trojanfever. Show Trojanfever's posts

Reading your posts, are you an honorary member of the BC Community College fellowship of the miserable back there in Bean Town?

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

Man, take your eyes off these guys for a couple of days and the wheels come right off.   The St Louis result was a surprise, none of the others with the A10 have been, except maybe La Salle a little.

VCU winning by 40 and then 2 days later losing by 20, not a surprise.  They're a gimmick team, and it looks great when it works, but gimmicks hide flaws.  You're not going far with a 4 guard lineup.

Temple should've knocked off Indiana, but their bigs missed at least 10 bunnies while I was watching.  Typical Temple under Dunphy.  You could see how Wyatt was our POY though.

I can empathize, up to a point, but I agree with Clark Kellog, the tournament is about the teams and the matchups, not the conferences any more. With the conference realignments, conferences mean nothing because there's little conference loyalty. Teams are in one conference one year and another the next. It's terrible. Even though I'm a BC fan, I don't really care about the ACC as a "conference," so I'll be rooting for Creighton tonight. Who'll be in the A-10 next year? The conference formerly known as the Big East?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

Clark Kellog can enjoy it in his way, and I'll enjoy it in my way thank you very much.   And my way begins with the fortunes of the A10.  La Salle made it to the Sweet 16.  The only folks who had that in their brackets are chicks who pick based on uniform colors.   Temple should have been there with them,  I never saw so many missed layups from a team before. 

I know the teams from the A10.  Why would I root for teams I know nothing about?  Sorry to hear that the ACC is filled with fans like that, but I can assure you that over on the A10 board the long time regulars are cheering each other on.

Once the A10 teams are gone I move on to some schadenfraude.  It's always nice to see Kentucky go down the tubes.  And Duke.  And since I discovered that Roy Williams is a first class @-hole, watching UNC lose is another moment I look for. 

Then I'll add in cheering for the cinderella, which besides La Salle, is that Florida Gulf Coast team of course.

As for next season, the A10 will still have St Louis, VCU, and La Salle.  UMass, St Joseph's, and Richmond all return most of the parts from their NIT and CBI (or was that CIT for Richmond) teams.   GW under their new coach will start moving up the food chain a bit.   We'll see about perpetually underperforming Dayton.  There is still a decent conference remaining here, good for 3 bids if all breaks right.

I don't think the ACC "is filled with fans like that," probably just me, but whatever the case, "Go Eagles" (FGCU this year).

Sections
Shortcuts