Hats Off to UConn & Coach Calhoun

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Hats Off to UConn & Coach Calhoun

In the 3 years that the Big East has gone to a 16-team tournament, until now no school had managed to do the nearly impossible: win 5 games in 5 days to earn the crown.

Last night, UConn did that Herculean feat.

Well done, Huskies and Coach Calhoun!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

Re: Hats Off to UConn & Coach Calhoun

The trophy presentation will be made during one of the first three games of next season

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

charlie sheen is dead?  why am I always the last to know?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

Calhoun has no class.

I never heard him give any credit to his predecessor, the illustrious Don Perno who brought uconn to the brink of Big East greatness.

Totally lacking in class.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

You people are pathetic.

How sad that you are so insecure that you can't recognize an unprecedented basketball achievement.

And you wonder why alma mater is detested in some other quarters.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Hats Off to UConn & Coach Calhoun:
    The trophy presentation will be made during one of the first three games of next season Posted by provpats

Like your poster handle that was a professional comeback well played!

"You people are pathetic. How sad that you are so insecure that you can't recognize an unprecedented basketball achievement."

@ Ye Ol Crumudgeon you are the last person in this universe that should mutter how pathetic other posters are. Try reading your signature LoL!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Calhoun has no class. I never heard him give any credit to his predecessor, the illustrious Don Perno who brought uconn to the brink of Big East greatness. Totally lacking in class.
    Posted by ScreenNameGoesHere

Bye bye screen name now go back to the Jesuits and sulk and say that pontifical Hail Mary where you might light a candle and rant to the almighty on BC's continued lack of recognition by the NCAA!

UCONN ROCKS!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Good, great, Calhoun did something no one else has done.  Well done.  He's still suspended for the first 3 games of next season.....interesting how you rail on BC for every small wrong you percieve yet have no issues with Pearl or Calhoun!....

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

UConn deserves recognition for that great run.  I hope they keep up the pace next week.

As for BC, not disappointed, they didn't deserve selection, and most reasonable fans didn't expect it.  I don't know why they're being discussed in the UConn thread, but whatever, throw your stones lpga. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

In Response to Re: Hats Off to UConn & Coach Calhoun : Bye momort have a great summer at Revere Beach!
    Posted by whr

Enjoy trying to get to 2nd base for the first time in your life this summer you 12 year old....(and if you an actual adult, the comment still stands)....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

OK, I still hate Calhoun and double-hate UCon. Two games and out in tourney for the dogs of Storrs!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Hearty congratulations are due Coach Calhoun and his UConn Huskies for once again reaching the Final Four.

Well done, fellows!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsox01. Show redsox01's posts

Calhoun and UConn don't belong in the tournament. The only reason they are there is ratings. Coach calls high-school recruit during blackout period!!!!

Lot worse than some 20-year old kid taking a gold chain by some Hartford scum-bag!!

Notice who Calhoon fired, the two guys filling out his orders!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Congratulations Jim Calhoun!

Love to see these BC nobodies who accomplished nothing in their NCAA debacles all year rant, and rant, and rant regarding the respect BC never attains. 

Great to see Ryan rock and roll'en down to Houston, where his beloved BC sits back dreaming of the perhaps' and somedays' which never come! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Congratulations Jim Calhoun!   Love to see these BC nobodies who accomplished nothing in their NCAA debacles all year rant, and rant, and rant regarding the respect BC never attains.  Great to see Ryan rock and roll'en down to Houston, where his beloved BC sits back dreaming of the perhaps' and somedays' which never come! 
    Posted by cheeroh

See, here you go again making up things we do and then mocking us for them.  No one on here has ever ranted about any respect that BC doesn't get.  Not one single time has that happened.  No one complained when BC didn't make the NCAAs, no one complained BC didn't make a better bowl.  No one cried BC had to go to the midwest for hockey.  You are a lying idiot. 

Who makes things up and then makes fun of it?  That's an exercise in crazy...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Momort wrote:

"No one on here has ever ranted about any respect that BC doesn't get.  Not one single time has that happened.  No one complained when BC didn't make the NCAAs, no one complained BC didn't make a better bowl."  

Therein lies the complacency that dooms alma mater to football and basketball obscurity.

The sheep here take what The Gang of Two give them and say thank you.

And then pretend that everything is fine.

Peace

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Momort wrote:

"No one on here has ever ranted about any respect that BC doesn't get.  Not one single time has that happened.  No one complained when BC didn't make the NCAAs, no one complained BC didn't make a better bowl."  

Therein lies the complacency that dooms alma mater to football and basketball obscurity.

The sheep here take what The Gang of Two give them and say thank you.

And then pretend that everything is fine.

Peace

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

I disagree.  I think I take a realistic view.  BC graduates 90% of it's athletes and they don't let any athlete a coach may want in.  So from the start that puts us at a disadvantage to the vast majority of Div I schools.  Am I wrong?  We are also much much smaller so we don't have the ability to have a 60,000 stadium and fill it.  We also, for many reasons that are in and out of BCs control, have a small local following.  As the saying goes, "it is what it is".  They are not built, nor do they want to be built, to contend with teams that are constant national title hopefuls. 

However, in the time the "gang of 2" has been around, we have put countless players in the NFL and the football team reached #2 in the country and at one time held the bowl win streak title.  Basketball has been as good as its ever been, has sent more than a few to the NBA and had 1 or 2 legit final 4 contenders even though they didn't make it. 

You make it seem like since these two took over its been nothing but doom and gloom.  the reality is, the last 15 years of BC sports has been, by far, the most successful 15 years of BC sports they've ever had on an overall basis.

You can hate the gang of 2 for your own reasons, but when you try to equate it to the misery of BC sports you are waaaaaaaaaaay off base no matter what you try and say.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

I disagree.  I think I take a realistic view.  BC graduates 90% of it's athletes and they don't let any athlete a coach may want in.  So from the start that puts us at a disadvantage to the vast majority of Div I schools.  Am I wrong?  We are also much much smaller so we don't have the ability to have a 60,000 stadium and fill it.  We also, for many reasons that are in and out of BCs control, have a small local following.  As the saying goes, "it is what it is".  They are not built, nor do they want to be built, to contend with teams that are constant national title hopefuls.  However, in the time the "gang of 2" has been around, we have put countless players in the NFL and the football team reached #2 in the country and at one time held the bowl win streak title.  Basketball has been as good as its ever been, has sent more than a few to the NBA and had 1 or 2 legit final 4 contenders even though they didn't make it.  You make it seem like since these two took over its been nothing but doom and gloom.  the reality is, the last 15 years of BC sports has been, by far, the most successful 15 years of BC sports they've ever had on an overall basis. You can hate the gang of 2 for your own reasons, but when you try to equate it to the misery of BC sports you are waaaaaaaaaaay off base no matter what you try and say.
    Posted by momort

Notre Dame's Brey selected AP coach of the year!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Thanks for the info but it'is academic when you compare UND with an obscure Catholic institution!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

Thanks for the info but it'is academic when you compare UND with an obscure Catholic institution!
    Posted by UofNDKing

Thanks for the info but your coach of the year couldn't get your over rated team beyond the first weekend of the tournament

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Hey, ScreenNameGoesHere,

ND GOT INTO the tourney.

And THEY never drew less than 3,000 fans to a final home game, did they?

To say nothing of the fact that under the current regime, The Institute has NO chance to beat them in hoops.

Peace

Sections
Shortcuts