Head Coach Stevie D

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Re: Head Coach Stevie D

Personally, I love the supreme logic being used to say a coach who last year took an Ivy to the sweet 16s and this year won 20 games in the ACC lacks coaching talent.

By the way, anyone else think LP resembles another entertaining buffoon in the news recently....Charlie Sheen...??!?!?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Alright big guy, let's hear it.  BC sucks, Steve D suck, they lost, they suck, they are evil, they caused the Japan earthquake, BC should perish....

They lost to Clemson....very badly...so let's hear your venom home boy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

BC goes Down! BC goes Down! Yes embarrassed, and what did you expect?

Play the chumps, a weak Wake Forest, a no nothing team, and get embarrassed by the Clemson Tigers.  

Bye, Bye BC and your ACC 3rd place coach of the year! More days in 6th place in the ACC!

UCONN ROCKS!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

In Response to Re: Head Coach Stevie D:
    [QUOTE]Alright big guy, let's hear it.  BC sucks, Steve D suck, they lost, they suck, they are evil, they caused the Japan earthquake, BC should perish.... They lost to Clemson....very badly...so let's hear your venom home boy.
    Posted by momort[/QUOTE]

Bye Bye momort embarrassed again!

BC loses it's esteem in the annals of 2010 NCAA Collegiate Basketball!

UCONN ROCKS!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Head Coach Stevie D : Bye Bye momort embarrassed again!   BC loses it's esteem in the annals of 2010 NCAA Collegiate Basketball! UCONN ROCKS!
    Posted by cheeroh[/QUOTE]

Sorry dummy, not embarrassed.  Disappointed in the lack of energy they showed today.  However, they just don't have the athletes to compete on back to back days.  They have one legit Div I starter in Reggie and few decent bench players.  You know, because the old head coach fell asleep at the wheel and stopped actually doing his job.  I'm proud, this team did way more than I would have hoped. 

Enjoy your UCONN run though.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from eaglebeagle1. Show eaglebeagle1's posts

Not the ending to the tourney for  BC that I had hoped for.  Only caught intermittent views of the game on TV, so I have no real insights to offer on the game.  I still like what they accomplished this year in the face of so many challenges, especially the legacy of lack of recruits in Al's latter years as head coach.  Coach D looks like a winner and needs the chance to recruit his own team and show what he can do.  I am very optimistic.  The team was fun to  follow this year.  Not an elite team by any stretch, but they maximized what they had.  Maybe they will get an NCAA bid, maybe just the NIT (the real one, not the hallucinatory one in the mind of LP).  Good experience for next year.

UConn's having a great b'ball season as is ND.  Congrats to them. I could not ever imagine myself going on sites that cover their sports and making an idiot of myself they way the "usual suspects" who claim to be fans/alums of those schools do on this site. How pathetic.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Let's take a step back and offer a fact-based look at this game.

Here are the highlights:

•      Lost by 23 to Clemson in an embarrassing showing on national TV
    •      Gave zero effort and showed no ability to recover 
    •      Were never in the game after a disastrous start
    •      Had their best player thwarted on defense, for a meager 11 points
    •      Coach had no answer - again -to the Clemson game plan
    •      Started a walk-on, who scored no points in 29 minutes
    •      Of Stevie Wonder's 2 recruits, one (Rubin) did not even get into the          game, and the other scored no points in 23 minutes of play
    •      There was little discernible difference between the play of the starters      and the end-of-game bench warmers
    •      Once again, there was NO fan support for the Eagles evident on TV
    •      Likely played themselves out of NCAA consideration
    •      Again, insisted on an ineffectual (6 for 24) three-point shot barrage
    •      WILL likely go to the NIT, but not the one in NY, or even the one in          Newton; now likely will head for North Attleboro
    •      Next year will be horrid, with only Jackson back
    •      Scratch Providence from possible future employers of Stevie Wonder -      they want someone who can coach ;
    •      In short, this year we spent $1.1 million to pay Coach Skinner plus          Stevie Wonder's salary for a record that Coach Skinner easily would        have eclipsed with this maturing roster and with his extensive court        sense.
    •      That notwithstanding, the mindless idolatry crowd here will continue        to spew their venom as they grasp - but never admit - that, once            again, The Gang of Two has screwed up.
    •      Not to worry, though: get your checks out to pay increased prices for      Conte PSLs and tickets next season when basketball disappears as         a  credible major sport at The Heights.
      But hey, don't let me stop you from wailing on down that Dear Leader/Flippo trail! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]Let's take a step back and offer a fact-based look at this game. Here are the highlights:      Lost by 23 to Clemson in an embarrassing showing on national TV      Gave zero effort and showed no ability to recover       Were never in the game after a disastrous start      Had their best player thwarted on defense, for a meager 11 points      Coach had no answer - again -to the Clemson game plan      Started a walk-on, who   scored no points in 29 minutes      Of Stevie Wonder's 2 recruits, one (Rubin) did not even get into the           game, and the other scored no points in 23 minutes of play      There was little discernible difference between the play of the starters      and the end-of-game bench warmers      Once again, there was NO fan support for the Eagles evident on TV      Likely played themselves out of NCAA consideration      Again, insisted on an ineffectual (6 for 24) three-point shot barrage      WILL likely go to the NIT, but not the one in NY, or even the one in          Newton; now likely will head for North Attleboro      Next year will be horrid, with only Jackson back      Scratch Providence from possible future employers of Stevie Wonder -      they want someone who can coach ;      In short, this year we spent $1.1 million to pay Coach Skinner plus          Stevie Wonder's salary for a record that Coach Skinner easily would        have eclipsed with this maturing roster and with his extensive court        sense.      That notwithstanding, the mindless idolatry crowd here will continue        to spew their venom as they grasp - but never admit - that, once            again, The Gang of Two has screwed up.      Not to worry, though: get your checks out to pay increased prices for      Conte PSLs and tickets next season when basketball disappears as         a  credible major sport at The Heights.   But hey, don't let me stop you from wailing on down that Dear Leader/Flippo trail! 
    Posted by Longputter[/QUOTE]

Let me get this straight, as I want to make sure I am reading your in-depth knowledge loud and clear:
    When BC wins it's because of Al's Kids.
    When BC losses it's Steve's fault.
    Therefore if Al were still here we would have gone undefeated.
    He can't recruit because he's had zero full recruiting seasons thus far at BC.
    He can't coach because he took an Ivy to the 16s and won 20 games at BC despite having little talent to work with.

Do I have it straight?  Seriously.  I am serious.  For real, I swear I am not mocking your lack of an hoops IQ whatsoever, I really want to make sure I have it correct.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Don't have to explain much about BC basketball it follows it's football program  more days as a bridesmaid a delusional fan base consisting of puck heads whose quest to big time is capitalizing on cup cake scheduling which bites them in the A** when it comes to serious Big time competition ... and that's the way it is at BC, back to ambiguity where it all should be ... 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Congratulations Clemson ... when it counted you delivered in Greensboro and eliminated a pretender! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

UCONN surges, BC drowns as in Tsunami! 

UCONN ROCKS! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Head Coach Stevie D : Sorry dummy, not embarrassed.  Disappointed in the lack of energy they showed today.  However, they just don't have the athletes to compete on back to back days.  They have one legit Div I starter in Reggie and few decent bench players.  You know, because the old head coach fell asleep at the wheel and stopped actually doing his job.  I'm proud, this team did way more than I would have hoped.  Enjoy your UCONN run though.....
    Posted by momort[/QUOTE]

Lack of ENERGY? No lack of Blood, Sweat & GUTS! Enjoy the Final Four as for BC basketball, now that's a discussion for many tomorrow's!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

The good thing is that Al Skinnner, a fine gentelman we all admit, has a chance to apply at Proidence and go back to his RI stomping grounds...what d'ya think? Will he get a foot in the door for an interview?  Al is sssssssssooooooo good his front door is beaing beaten down by programs that have chopped off the heads of their coaches, possibly by a gang of two.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

trbow wrote:

"Al is sssssssssooooooo good his front door is beaing beaten down by programs that have chopped off the heads of their coaches, possibly by a gang of two."

Hey, trbow, do you know something that we all don't?  Has Dear Leader made another secret overture - this time to Coach Skinner to bring him back????????

P.S.  Yours truly has no post-deleting power here, my sons.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

BC we feel your pain today, as UCONN rocks and rolls against mighty Louisville it's only fitting to cast this day as a national day of mourning for all who presumed BC was an adequate team ....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

OK LP, it could have been deleted for an innapropriate word...it's happened.

As for Al, I wish him well and I do think he'd be a legitimate candidate for Prov.  At BC though, no reason to not be satisfied with Donahue's first season.  If UMass can stick it out w/Kellogg slowly implementing his program, then BC should similarly give Donahue a chance to build his own. 

You can argue the Skinner point all you want, but Donahue did not fire him.  He just happens to be the next coach. Rather than target with venom, I chose to support the team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Hey ND King, until you agree to engage in a conversation about how much of a joke Notre Dame football is, please scram.  Nice choke by ND hoops last night as well....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

For those who mourn the disappearance of the list of places to which the boy wonder could be going, here it is:

Towson
    Manhattan
    Georgia State
    Monmouth
    Northern Illinois
    Mount Ida

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from eaglebeagle1. Show eaglebeagle1's posts

Gee, where has the boy king been since his team lost in OT the other night?  He sure is quick to post here when BC loses, so I thought he'd jump right in with his observations of the ND game.  But I'll post below some excerpts from the South Bend Tribune so he won't feel too lonely.

Notre Dame led Louisville by 16 points in the first half, by 14 at intermission and by eight with less than seven minutes remaining before one historic step would be taken by a veteran team that embraces the expectations of executing in the most difficult of game situations.

When they needed to pass one more test against the Cardinals, the Irish flunked. They couldn’t take care of the ball, couldn’t make a shot, couldn’t keep the other guys out of their lane or off the backboard and couldn’t make a winning play. They played flustered, and they paid a big price with a loss that cut deep....

Perhaps no player felt that pain more than senior captain Ben Hansbrough, the league player of the year who picked the wrong time to not play like one. It had been just over two months – Jan. 10 at Marquette to be exact – since Hansbrough had looked so out of sorts. He pressed much of the night to make a play. He missed two critical free throws with the Irish up two in the second half. He missed opens 3s. Still, even saddled with all the struggles, Hansbrough had a shot to send the Irish into the championship game at the end of regulation. But the ball simply would not fall. Had it, he would have been hailed. If it does, everything still is all right with the Irish.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

I gather UConn's  fans are pleased with the onslaught Kimba Walker displayed in the Big East Tourney. UConn will go very deep, and having lived in CT, this State is very supportive of this team through the years. Both woman and men have the opportunity to take dual NCAA championships in basketball again. 

Reading these posts it's the BC grads/fans/clergy that need to grow up. Each post exhibits SOUR GRAPES on underachieving athletic performances on the field, and hardwood that is most deservant this year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]For those who mourn the disappearance of the list of places to which the boy wonder could be going, here it is: Towson Manhattan Georgia State Monmouth Northern Illinois Mount Ida

Pure comedic genius.  You all get it?  Maybe not, it's such a high level of intellect that many may have missed it.  What LP is doing is naming lesser programs as potential openings that Steve D might go to because he isn't a good coach and therefore should be at a worse hoops school.  You get it?  I mean, hilarious.  Perfect.  I have been waiting to laugh like this for a long time.  Especially as LP has proven his basketball IQ to be off the charts and thus we should really rely on his basketball expertise, this is the exact post I was waiting for.  Not only is it so so funny its also 100% correct!  Wow!

Geez LP, you really have outdone yourself this time.  I can only thank you...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Mo,

No doubt here that you are the sharpest knife in the drawer.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]Mo, No doubt here that you are the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Finally, something from you that isn't total garbage.....about time.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

It's all over BC, it's all over!
    Good luck in the Newton Invitational Tournament or, the losers Bracket!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]It's all over BC, it's all over! Good luck in the N ewton I nvitational T ournament or, the losers Bracket!
    Posted by cheeroh[/QUOTE]

The NEWTON Invite!  Again, sooooo funny!  You really must be a big draw at parties with hilarity like that...

Sections
Shortcuts