How does DeFlippo still have a job?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

Re: How does DeFlippo still have a job?

In Response to How does DeFlippo still have a job?:
    [QUOTE]After the pathetic performance by the football team and this basketball team being almost the worst team in D1, how does this guy NOT get fired?  Imagine being that unsuccessful at your own job and still keeping it.   BC is getting  "waxed" by Ivy league teams and just lost to a 2-12 team in URI!  something needs to be done... What is going on?
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

Why do you care?
    You're a uconn fan and you hate BC. Why do you care whether the BC AD does a good job?

You should be concerned about stuff like this:
    your previous AD was fired not for performance, but because coach clownhoun wanted him fired
    your current AD and president are scared ****less of clownhoun and don't have the guts to stand up to him
    coach clownhoun is a known cheater
    uconn allowed a bball player with very questionable academic skills to graduate in 3 years, and then had the audacity to pump the story via national media as if the kid was Rhodes scholar
    uconn found a sleazy way to get around the NCAA scholarship penalty. They have more scholarship players than allowed by the NCAA

Maybe that's why you only talk about BC.  If I was a uconn fan I would try to ignore the uconn sleaze too

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

In Response to Re: How does DeFlippo still have a job?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to How does DeFlippo still have a job? : Why do you care? You're a uconn fan and you hate BC. Why do you care whether the BC AD does a good job? You should be concerned about stuff like this: your previous AD was fired not for performance, but because coach clownhoun wanted him fired your current AD and president are scared ****less of clownhoun and don't have the guts to stand up to him coach clownhoun is a known cheater uconn allowed a bball player with very questionable academic skills to graduate in 3 years, and then had the audacity to pump the story via national media as if the kid was Rhodes scholar uconn found a sleazy way to get around the NCAA scholarship penalty. They have more scholarship players than allowed by the NCAA Maybe that's why you only talk about BC.  If I was a uconn fan I would try to ignore the uconn sleaze too
    Posted by ScreenNameGoesHere[/QUOTE]

I gather you broke your New Years' resolution a little earlier than usual this year?

Peace bro and be kind to others! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How does DeFlippo still have a job? : I gather you broke your New Years' resolution a little earlier than usual this year? Peace bro and be kind to others! 
    Posted by cheeroh[/QUOTE]

Are you taking putter's place now?  if so, good job, and keep working on the grammar. 

As for GDF's job, he's well entrenched despite the liquid lunch comments on espn.  So like him or not, doubt he's going anywhere soon.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How does DeFlippo still have a job? : because it would be nice to see BC be relevant in Boston.  that's why.  And here you go with your "graduation rate" dribble.  Don't you even tire of the same worthless irrelevant line?  I get it, WE ALL GET IT, BC PLAYERS GRADUATE COLLEGE MORE THAN UCONN.  my point has always been, who cares?  this is a sports column, not an educational column and graduation rate column!  uconn puts players in the NBA early, not a big deal. 
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

#1 If you care about relevant basketall in the Boston area then I look forward to your evaluations of the ADs at BU, NU, Holy Cross, Harvard etc.

#2 I never mentioned "graduation rates".

#3 Don't you ever tire of the same old lines about BC sucks? We get it. BC bball sucks this year. I haven't seen anyone disagree with that. How many times do you want to keep repeating it? How many new threads will you start stating it over and over again?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How does DeFlippo still have a job? : "Don't you ever tire of the same old lines about BC sucks? We get it. BC bball sucks this year. "   "THIS YEAR"????  try ALL YEARS. uconn roolz
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

And there you go with your stupid comments that makes everything else you say irrelevant.  While not a powerhouse, BC does not "suck" all years.  Even a terrible year like last year and they were an NCAA bubble team.

Now before you get to it, if you on'y consider those teams with a chance to win the tourney "non suck" teams then 99.9% of Div I hoops teams suck. 

You can't have it both ways dummy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

This guy has got to be LP.  Right?  Says the same thing over and over and over again.  Doesn't really respond with anything worth reading to what others say.  Starts new threads for no reason as he could have just continued the one that people were already using. 

Got to be him, or at least a cousin?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fukowi. Show Fukowi's posts

In Response to How does DeFlippo still have a job?:
    [QUOTE]After the pathetic performance by the football team and this basketball team being almost the worst team in D1, how does this guy NOT get fired?  Imagine being that unsuccessful at your own job and still keeping it.   BC is getting  "waxed" by Ivy league teams and just lost to a 2-12 team in URI!  something needs to be done... What is going on?
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

Your point about comparing his situation to most other jobs is well taken.  There is no question that over the years he deserves credit for some very good things such as the early ACC move, athlete graduation rates, etc..  But we all know that in the real world what you did last year or earlier becomes largely irrelevant as a practical matter (especially at his pay scale).  Apparently not so at BC.  My guess is that he is personally very well liked by the school's president and is unlikely to ever be let go for performance reasons (or judged as coldly and objectively on performance that most of us are accustomed).  And its apparently not bad enough yet for some influential donors or trustees to confront the school's president over the issue.  The academic standing of the school is of paramount importance anyway but if you do something (such as Division 1 sports) - you might as well try to do it consistently well.  The men's and woman's soccer coaches, hockey coach and sailing coach all seem to understand that.  I think Donahue understands that and will ultimately be successful if and only if he makes recruiting as much of a priority as your Coach Calhoun made it in his early years.   

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: How does DeFlippo still have a job?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How does DeFlippo still have a job? : uconn puts players in the NBA early, not a big deal. Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

Who reads then signs their contracts for them ? a grade school teacher ?

Where is UConn sports ranked among the Eagles women's soccer program finishing ranked 13th, Women's Field Hockey finishing ranked 19th, Men's soccer finishing 6th, Lacrosse ended up ranked 13th and Jerry York has his team a threat to win the Frozen Four once again....

All you have is basketball and you know it!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How does DeFlippo still have a job? : BC was not a "bubble team" during uconn's meteroic rise to supreme national contenders.  BC is a terrible team year in and year out and football?  DUKE FOOTBALL!  REPEAT DUKE FOOTBALL!!!! 
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

I mean, I don't even know how to respond other than to say that yes, indeed, BC was a bubble team to make the NCAA tourney.  Whether you agree or not is irrelevant as you are an idiot.  Your points make no sense, you rant and rave like a lunatic and for whatever reason you want to spend a lot of time telling people how awful BC sports are when in fact no one really disagrees with you.  So keep on truckin' dude....wacko.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Donnn, you are either really dumb or really crazy.  I haven't refuted how poor BC sports are.  If you are confused by the word "haven't" it's "have" & "NOT" put together.  Both football and basketball are bad...right now.  Now, unlike you, I don't take this to mean they will be bad forever.  That's what I am refuting.  Bad now doesn't automatically mean bad forever.  Does that work for you?  Easy enough to understand?  If you'd like to discuss this point, I am all for it.  But first I need to be clear you understand it.

You have sunk to making up things you think I said and then arguing them.  That's a sign of crazy man.

I just hope you are on here when Calhoun eventually gets fired for being a dirtball and Unconn hoops fall to the level of all their other sports....crappy.

Lastly, please try to make some sense.  Telling me that I am saying BC sports aren't bad right now (when I am not) makes you look like dummy.  Please try to do better 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Dude, what are you talking about?  

Didn't I already tell you to stop making up things I said and then yelling at me about them?  That's what crazy people do.

Where did I say I don't care about BC sports?  Show me...

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Holy cow.  Is anyone else reading this?

I asked you a simple question.  Show me where I said that I don't care about BC sports.  You couldn't answer it becuase I never said it. 

So to update anyone who cares (though I know there are few) this kid has "told me" that I dont' care about BC and then is yelling at me for posting on a team that I don't care about......what?

I would hate to have you as a father. 
    Son: "Hi Dad"
    Donnn: "How dare you call me an *hole"
    Son: "Dad, I only said hello"
    Donnn: "You did it again, calling me an *hole, you are grounded"
    Son: "Dad, I don't understand all I did was greet you with a nice hello"
    Donnn: "I'm not an *hole, I'm your father, you are out of the house..."

HA!  I love having a new LP to watch slowly go insane.... 

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Donn, simple question.  When did I state I don't care about BC sports?

WHR, have you not realized yet that not a single person ever responds to what you write?

To both of you, let me be the first to say I'm sorry you both got served a bad hand with the brain damage you obviously have.