How does DeFlippo still have a job?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Re: How does DeFlippo still have a job?

In Response to Re: How does DeFlippo still have a job?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How does DeFlippo still have a job? : still trolling momort?  you are a sick man.....  i will pray for you.  Still can't believe you don't even care about BC sports but rapid fire crazed responses form time to time.  Definition of a TROLL.  Back to ignore crazy man
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

Whatever paint chip boy....

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4419689. Show user_4419689's posts

In my opinion DeFlippo is a cancer that needs to be removed before he ruins BC athletics forever

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: How does DeFlippo still have a job?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How does DeFlippo still have a job? : Are YOU really debating this talking about women's sport?  lax and soccer? Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

Posting "enough said" tells everyone on here you have nothing for a comeback and expect no one to question you. So down playing the fact that UCONN has nothing but some baskeball players who enter the NBA not having ever read a book is not helping you.

Tough talk doesn't get you off the hook now answer my questions....

"uconn puts players in the NBA early, not a big deal. Posted by Donnnn"

Who reads then signs their contracts for them ? a grade school teacher ?

Where is UConn sports ranked among the Eagles women's soccer program finishing ranked 13th, Women's Field Hockey finishing ranked 19th, Men's soccer finishing 6th, Lacrosse ended up ranked 13th and Jerry York has his team a threat to win the Frozen Four once again...

Where is Husky athletics amongst those national rankings ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dunkum. Show Dunkum's posts

What credentials did DeFloppo have when he got the job at BC? None I have been an alumnus of BC  for over 60 years. I have seen both AD's and coaches come and go but DeFloppo has done more to destroy BC than any other person. This money grubbing outsider has destroyed the alumni at the school as they have turned against their alma mater. He has taken away their parking, their seats and their love for the school because they didn't want to pay his prices or could not afford to pay them.. Why should the alumni support the school now when the call goes out each year for contributions. They shouldn't because their pride in the school has been taken away by this bum.
    If approached correctly I would bet that Doug Flutie might be interested in
    becoming the AD or acting as a consultant to the program. Just think how he could help the recruiting. While we are at it why not retire Fr. Leahy?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How does DeFlippo still have a job? : still trolling?  sad SAD man
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry you are stupid.  I really am.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]What credentials did DeFloppo have when he got the job at BC? None I have been an alumnus of BC  for over 60 years. I have seen both AD's and coaches come and go but DeFloppo has done more to destroy BC than any other person. This money grubbing outsider has destroyed the alumni at the school as they have turned against their alma mater. He has taken away their parking, their seats and their love for the school because they didn't want to pay his prices or could not afford to pay them.. Why should the alumni support the school now when the call goes out each year for contributions. They shouldn't because their pride in the school has been taken away by this bum. If approached correctly I would bet that Doug Flutie might be interested in becoming the AD or acting as a consultant to the program. Just think how he could help the recruiting. While we are at it why not retire Fr. Leahy?
    Posted by Dunkum[/QUOTE]

I agree with a lot of what you said.  BC's actions alone have been terrible.  They constantly say "give us money, give us money, give us money" while on theother hand they make the game day experience worse and worse (espesh for football) all the while increasing ticket prices and producing worse and worse teams.  I also think the school is in a toughplace.  It wants to be a big time athletic program, however in reality we are a small school (10k students v 50k+ in most big ten programs), in a cramped suburban campus, with the vast majority of graduates moving away and a local population that has professional sports to care about. 

That said, BC needs to stop shooting themselves in thefoot.  They charge $2500 for a tailgate spot (don't give me this 'donation' garbage either) and only allow 2 hours of tailgating and thats "IF" you dont' get caught in traffic.  The stadium is bunk with terrible food. 

I'm not sure where to find it, but from the players side you have to find and read the letter written by Herlich's dad.  It explains it all.

I love BC, but since I've went there it was all about the $$$ and nothing else.  That hasn't changed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How does DeFlippo still have a job? : What do YOU care?  You already said you could care less about BC sports.  Quit trolling
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

Brain damage.  It's the only explanation for the drivel you continue to type.  It's the only way you can continue to yell that I don't care about BC sports when in fact I do.  I don't know how else to tell ya.  I never said I don't care about BC sports.  If you have proof otherwise I'm all for it.  Otherwise, keep saying stupid things, you're quite good at it.

Love how a uconn fan on a BC thread is calling someone else a troll.  okay then....

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: How does DeFlippo still have a job?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How does DeFlippo still have a job? : Again, are you really quoting women's field hockey and chicks soccer to bolster an argument?  Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

Sorry response from a nobody, no nothing poster. Just goes to show once again loud mouths have nothing to say when presented with some simple questions and facts. Yah with YO Husky athletic department, U got nothing for anyone on here...

Fail DON Fail!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How does DeFlippo still have a job? : YOU already admitted you don't care about BC sports so why are you wasting anyone's time TROLL?
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

Do you ram your head into a wall everyday?  I suggest you stop doing that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How does DeFlippo still have a job? : Sorry response from a nobody, no nothing poster. Just goes to show once again loud mouths have nothing to say when presented with some simple questions and facts. Yah with YO Husky athletic department, U got nothing for anyone on here... Fail DON Fail!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

San, we got to stop.  It's not kind to pick on the mentally disabled...

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bac10. Show bac10's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How does DeFlippo still have a job? : Posting "enough said" tells everyone on here you have nothing for a comeback and expect no one to question you. So down playing the fact that UCONN has nothing but some baskeball players who enter the NBA not having ever read a book is not helping you. Tough talk doesn't get you off the hook now answer my questions....   "uconn puts players in the NBA early, not a big deal . Posted by Donnnn" Who reads then signs their contracts for them ? a grade school teacher ? Where is UConn sports ranked among the Eagles women's soccer program finishing ranked 13th, Women's Field Hockey finishing ranked 19th, Men's soccer finishing 6th, Lacrosse ended up ranked 13th and Jerry York has his team a threat to win the Frozen Four once again... Where is Husky athletics amongst those national rankings ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

We don't have to go through this again do we?  Uconn has 7 championships in women's basketball, 3 in men's soccer, and 2 in field hockey.  Their women's soccer team has played in 4 national championships.  Their baseball team had 2 first round draft picks in the MLB draft and lost to the eventual national champion in the super regionals of the CWS this year.

In other news this year, the men's soccer team, which was ranked #1 at times and finished the season ranked #5, lost in the final eight on penalty kicks. The field hockey team went 19-3 and lost in the national semifinals.        

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SylvesterMexicano. Show SylvesterMexicano's posts

In Response to Re: How does DeFlippo still have a job?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How does DeFlippo still have a job? : Posted by bac10[/QUOTE]

Yah you must have gone to UCons as well! Pay attention to the OPs original question. Cluess ignorant Cherry Ho asked "how does a better AD than his penitentiary GED school still have a job ?"

The list you just read from were sports rankings from this year not the past learn how to comprehend!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bac10. Show bac10's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How does DeFlippo still have a job? : Yah you must have gone to UCons as well! Pay attention to the OPs original question. Cluess ignorant Cherry Ho asked "how does a better AD than his penitentiary GED school still have a job ?" The list you just read from were sports rankings from this year not the past learn how to comprehend!
    Posted by SylvesterMexicano[/QUOTE]

Those sentences don't make any sense either by themselves or strung together in whatever stream-of-consciousness you seem to think forms a valid point.

In any event, the thread has been pretty much about whether BC has better athletics than UConn in sports other than men's basketball, I guess to defend the tenure of the current AD.  Maybe AD's should be judged not just on football and men's basketball but it's just not the case that BC has outperformed UConn on most of these other sports this year or historically.  Probably just hockey and lacrosse. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SylvesterMexicano. Show SylvesterMexicano's posts

In Response to Re: How does DeFlippo still have a job?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How does DeFlippo still have a job? : In any event, the thread has been pretty much about whether BC has better athletics than UConn in sports other than men's basketball, I guess to defend the tenure of the current AD.  Maybe AD's should be judged not just on football and men's basketball but it's just not the case that BC has outperformed UConn on most of these other sports this year or historically.  Probably just hockey and lacrosse. Posted by bac10[/QUOTE]

Wrong the question was "How does DeFlippo still have a job?". Currently DeFlippo has most of the BC athletic teams ranked so he is doing a fair job and it shouldn't warrant a firing.

I wouldn't keep tooting your horn about your basketball program as it just got caught cheating, has former players that brag that they never even looked at a book while a Husky and if UConn hadn't tried too sue BC for leaving the Big Least BC wouldn't have had a problem with the Husky's moving into the ACC.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bac10. Show bac10's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How does DeFlippo still have a job? : Wrong the question was "How does DeFlippo still have a job?". Currently DeFlippo has most of the BC athletic teams ranked so he is doing a fair job and it shouldn't warrant a firing. I wouldn't keep tooting your horn about your basketball program as it just got caught cheating, has former players that brag that they never even looked at a book while a Husky and if UConn hadn't tried too sue BC for leaving the Big Least BC wouldn't have had a problem with the Husky's moving into the ACC.
    Posted by SylvesterMexicano[/QUOTE]

You have too many falsehoods and half-truths in one sentence for me to cover them all so I'll just take a few of them.  (1) The 'cheating' involved a lower-level guy sending too many text messages to a recruit that never even went to UConn something like 3-4 years ago (2) Kemba Walker did not say that he 'never even looked at a book while a Husky', he said that William Rhoden's book was the first he had read straight through.  This is not a good thing to say but most college courses have textbooks that most students skim to study (3) UConn did not 'try to sue BC', in fact UConn (via the governor and attorney general) joined Pitt, Rutgers, Virginia Tech, and West Virginia in suing Miami, BC, and the ACC -- that's right 2 of the 5 schools that sued already joined or are joining the ACC so your point about UConn doesn't make any sense.  

Also, the Big Least?  Really?  After the ACC just had one of the worst bowl performances of any major conference in the history of college football?  Whose conference champion gave up 70 points to a very mediocre West Virginia team? After the conference has been completely dominated in basketball by just TWO teams for the past 15 years.  After the Big East had more teams in the NCAA basketball tournament than any other conference in history and won the championship?  

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SylvesterMexicano. Show SylvesterMexicano's posts

Way too cherry pick...

STORRS, Conn. — Connecticut coach Jim Calhoun and the men's basketball program he took from obscurity to national titles have been accused of eight major NCAA infractions, with investigators citing hundreds of improper calls and texts from UConn staff to recruits.

The school released a notice from the NCAA on Friday that lays out the allegations against the Hall-of-Fame coach, his staff and the school. Besides the calls and texts, the accusations include giving recruits improper benefits and improperly distributing free tickets to high school coaches and others. Calhoun is cited for failing to promote an atmosphere of compliance.

he allegations come at the end of a 15-month investigation into the recruiting of former player Nate Miles, who was expelled from UConn in October 2008 without ever playing a game for the Huskies. He was charged with violating a restraining order in a case involving a woman who claimed he assaulted her.

160 impermissible telephone calls and at least 191 impermissible text messages between recruits and coaches, including assistants Beau Archibald, Patrick Sellers, Andre LeFler, associate head coach George Blaney, and then-assistant Tom Moore, who is now the head coach at Quinnipiac. Moore did not immediately return messages seeking comment.

The biggest blemish on the program until now came in 1996, when UConn was stripped of its NCAA Tournament run to the regional semifinals and ordered to return $90,970 in tournament revenue because two players accepted plane tickets from a sports agent."

Not the first time and won't be the last!