How far will BC's team go under Steve Donahue?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from crm222. Show crm222's posts

How far will BC's team go under Steve Donahue?

Just looking for some thoughts on how far this young team might go under Donahue in the coming years? Yeah, yeah I know its far to early to tell.  But I am starting to be really impressed with Clifford, Anderson, Lonnie Jackson, and sometimes with Patrick Heckman.  Clifford had a great game against Clemson, for the first time he really asserted himself in the paint. He will definitely be our go-to-guy in the future.  Anderson was quiet in the Clemson game, but he's shown he has some great moves in previous games.  Jackson, I think, will have the most finesse and skill in the future as he learns to assert himself in ACC play.  I remember the Dudley years, I remember the Troy Bell years.  I think some of the current guys we have are starting off looking more promising than those past BC superstars.  I think its possible to have a final four team or at least a sweet sixteen team in a couple of years.  Any thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Re: How far will BC's team go under Steve Donahue?

In Response to How far will BC's team go under Steve Donahue?:
    [QUOTE]Just looking for some thoughts on how far this young team might go under Donahue in the coming years? Yeah, yeah I know its far to early to tell.  But I am starting to be really impressed with Clifford, Anderson, Lonnie Jackson, and sometimes with Patrick Heckman.  Clifford had a great game against Clemson, for the first time he really asserted himself in the paint. He will definitely be our go-to-guy in the future.  Anderson was quiet in the Clemson game, but he's shown he has some great moves in previous games.  Jackson, I think, will have the most finesse and skill in the future as he learns to assert himself in ACC play.  I remember the Dudley years, I remember the Troy Bell years.  I think some of the current guys we have are starting off looking more promising than those past BC superstars.  I think its possible to have a final four team or at least a sweet sixteen team in a couple of years.  Any thoughts?
    Posted by crm222[/QUOTE]

Perhaps with all this good stuff BC can make the NIT bubble with wonder boy down the road? I trust this group of communuity college heros can balance out the rest of the season by avoiding the ACC cellar.

Actually, the remembering when  must break up your day, with the boredom of a 6- 10 season where there's no real hope of success in your future and that of BC!

UCONN NCAA NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to How far will BC's team go under Steve Donahue?:[QUOTE]Just looking for some thoughts on how far this young team might go under Donahue in the coming years?   But I am starting to be really impressed with Clifford, Anderson, Lonnie Jackson, and sometimes with Patrick Heckman.  Clifford had a great game against Clemson, for the first time he really asserted himself in the paint. He will definitely be our go-to-guy in the future.  Anderson was quiet in the Clemson game, but he's shown he has some great moves in previous games.  Jackson, I think, will have the most finesse and skill in the future as he learns to assert himself in ACC play.  I think its possible to have a final four team or at least a sweet sixteen team in a couple of years.  Any thoughts?
    Posted by crm222[/QUOTE]

It's going to have to be with the players you mentioned as there are 3 senior nobody's left from Skinners last unsuccessful listless recruiting class leaving. With two so so PGs, one of them a project from Canada, coming in.

Clifford worked a decent 11-5 Hokie team today, he was pretty much unstoppable. Another good victory for a fresh faced young inexperienced team. The only way I could see the Eagles getting into the sweet sixteen in a few years is if Donahue brought in some stud juco transfers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

In Response to Re: How far will BC's team go under Steve Donahue?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to How far will BC's team go under Steve Donahue? : It's going to have to be with the players you mentioned as there are 3 senior nobody's left from Skinners last unsuccessful listless recruiting class leaving. With two so so PGs, one of them a project from Canada, coming in. Clifford worked a decent 11-5 Hokie team today, he was pretty much unstoppable. Another good victory for a fresh faced young inexperienced team. The only way I could see the Eagles getting into the sweet sixteen in a few years is if Donahue brought in some stud juco transfers.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

FSU showed how over hyped the ACC is by ESPN. Duke is not that good, and UNC is disfunctional. Duke & UNC will not be in the Final Four, and the Baylor Bears are the team to watch at 18-0 as the sleeper. ACC will have at best a 4 team entry to the Dance and none will make the Elite 8.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

"The only way I could see the Eagles getting into the sweet sixteen in a few years is if Donahue brought in some stud juco transfers".                      

and that would lower their academic standards in accepting Bunker Hill grads which the "WHR" proclaims?  An oxymoron trian of thought?  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I've never maintained that Juco athletes should be considered a lower standard or don't deserve to go to a state funded college or a private university.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from crm222. Show crm222's posts

Eh I think with another good power forward, and another good point guard (we've got one recruited for next year), we might have a good enough bunch for a deep run in the tourney in a couple of years.  Depending on how far this team develops.  Also we have got to get rid of Caudill, no offense, but he is just not good enough to play at this level. So I guess that means we need another good center too.

Anderson, Jackson, and Clifford are developing at a rapid pace.  Jordan Daniels is tiny, but he has fantastic ball control, he's great at dishing the ball, and his three is nasty.  Look at what he did right before half time against the Hokies. He hit a 3 and a 2 in about 30 seconds, which put us ahead at the half. He's a future Gerry McNamara.  Meaning no future in the NBA, but a fantastic college career.

Hopefully the development continues.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]I've never maintained that Juco athletes should be considered a lower standard or don't deserve to go to a state funded college or a private university.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    The last JUCO transfer I can think of who came to BC was Mel Weldon in the late 70s. Can't think of another one. They'll do it with the players they have, and whomever Donahue can recruit.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

In Response to How far will BC's team go under Steve Donahue?:
    [QUOTE]Just looking for some thoughts on how far this young team might go under Donahue in the coming years? Yeah, yeah I know its far to early to tell.  But I am starting to be really impressed with Clifford, Anderson, Lonnie Jackson, and sometimes with Patrick Heckman.  Clifford had a great game against Clemson, for the first time he really asserted himself in the paint. He will definitely be our go-to-guy in the future.  Anderson was quiet in the Clemson game, but he's shown he has some great moves in previous games.  Jackson, I think, will have the most finesse and skill in the future as he learns to assert himself in ACC play.  I remember the Dudley years, I remember the Troy Bell years.  I think some of the current guys we have are starting off looking more promising than those past BC superstars.  I think its possible to have a final four team or at least a sweet sixteen team in a couple of years.  Any thoughts?
    Posted by crm222[/QUOTE]
    I've had season tickets since '77 when Carrington, Collins, and Morrison were supposed to take them to the Final Four, so I'm skeptical. I also remember the Curley,Eisley, Huckaby, and Abrams years, when they made it to the Great 8 after knocking off Indiana and #1 UNC.  I think Clifford and Anderson could be very good, and Jackson OK, but the intruiging player is Jordan Daniels, who has a little bit of Michael Adams in him. I also think Odio has a lot of athletic ability and could be a player. I'm still trying to figure out Heckman, who may not stick around.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bodacious. Show bodacious's posts

What is up with Heckman? I notice he leads the team in scoring one night, and plays 11 minutes the next? Inconsistent? Head case? I thought he was the best freshman on the team back in  November, but something's not right.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: How far will BC's team go under Steve Donahue?:[QUOTE]What is up with Heckman? I notice he leads the team in scoring one night, and plays 11 minutes the next? Inconsistent? Head case? I thought he was the best freshman on the team back in  November, but something's not right. Posted by bodacious[/QUOTE]

Cahill who I think adds nothing to the Eagles was on the floor late in the victory over Vtech instead Heckman had me scratching my head as well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from crm222. Show crm222's posts

The announcers stated during the game that Heckman has a back injury.  He probably wouldn't have played at all had it not been for the fact that his mother was at the game, visiting from Germany.  I think Heckman is a good player, and he is becoming smarter with the ball every game.  The first few games he was making key shots but was also tossing up loads of garbage shots.  He wasted a quite a few possessions.  But that also happened during a time when no one else on the team had the ability to score, it was Heckman or nothing.  It also took time for him to adjust from the pros in Germany where there were over a hundred possessions each game and he could be a little wild with the ball.  Now, he's taking his time with the ball and making each possession count.  What I like the most about Heckman is that he seems to be the clutch player who makes big plays in big games.  Look at the tying 3-pointer in the game against URI.  He is the guy that you give the ball to when you're down by three and and there's five seconds on the clock.  I hope he learns to mesh better with our offense once he's healthy, and of course I hope he stays.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]What is up with Heckman? I notice he leads the team in scoring one night, and plays 11 minutes the next? Inconsistent? Head case? I thought he was the best freshman on the team back in  November, but something's not right.
    Posted by bodacious[/QUOTE]
    The whole team is a "Head Case" with no future with these castaways. Where did the Flippo & Wonder Boy find these below average scrubs?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from crm222. Show crm222's posts

Oh cheeroh, you're so loveable my friend.  Well, I'm happy he was able to find those "scrubs."  I hope those "scrubs" keep winning.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Truth be told, these players are starting to look like legit Div I athetes.  I don't see ayn reason why Steve D won't someday have the program at the same level Skinner did, which wasn't all that bad.  It will take time, but they have already won more ACC games that I thought they would.  Though that may speak to how bad the ACC is this year than BC being better than I thought.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bodacious. Show bodacious's posts

BC won 4 ACC games in 07-08 under Skinnner and 6 in 09-10.  I'm sure this team will win at least 8 ACC games next season... AS had a decent run, but he had a few bad years in a row,,, I think SD is the guy for  the future.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

wait for it....wait for it...wait for it...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

[QUOTE]BC won 4 ACC games in 07-08 under Skinnner and 6 in 09-10.  I'm sure this team will win at least 8 ACC games next season... AS had a decent run, but he had a few bad years in a row,,, I think SD is the guy for  the future.

Life is not based on the "me thinks", "the what ifs".  Do you know? I do not think so by this comment. ACC is crap this year, and no match for the Big Ten or BE!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bodacious. Show bodacious's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How far will BC's team go under Steve Donahue? : Life is not based on the "me thinks", "the what ifs".  Do you know? I do not think so by this comment. ACC is crap this year, and no match for the Big Ten or BE!
    Posted by UofNDKing[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bodacious. Show bodacious's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How far will BC's team go under Steve Donahue? :

How's Brian kelly doing at South Bend LOL      Notre Dame will NEVER be good in football

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How far will BC's team go under Steve Donahue? : Life is not based on the "me thinks", "the what ifs".  Do you know? I do not think so by this comment. ACC is crap this year, and no match for the Big Ten or BE!
    Posted by UofNDKing[/QUOTE]

....and there is it....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How far will BC's team go under Steve Donahue? : How's Brian kelly doing at South Bend LOL      Notre Dame will NEVER be good in football

The Brian Kelly era is going exactly as the past 4 coaches went.  A few decent years to start, followed by a contract extension (kelly just got his) followed by being fired 2 years later because ND fans won't realize they are a national power any longer and won't ever be again.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]This team may win a few games against other ACC teams because the ACC is really THAT bad.  However, BC will continue to get beat by teams like URI and local teams as well.  This BC team is garbage and that Clemson team was JUST as bad.  When 2 bad teams play, one has to win-  doesn't mean EITHER one is any good.
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

....and there it is again...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How far will BC's team go under Steve Donahue? : ....and there it is again...
    Posted by momort[/QUOTE]

At UND we would rephase BC as rubbish ... all wind with nothing in it's sail!

Sad Football recruiting year for the also rans at
    BC!

Sections
Shortcuts