I predict Gene DeFilippo and Frank Spaziani will be fired at season's end.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SJS1214. Show SJS1214's posts

Re: I predict Gene DeFilippo and Frank Spaziani will be fired at season's end.

In Response to Re: I predict Gene DeFilippo and Frank Spaziani will be fired at season's end.:
    [QUOTE]wow you are answering yourself...good job Let's look at your candidates Tressel and Leach Tressel  you want a guy who had to leave because of NCAA issues (lying etc) Leach  you want this guy who was forced out over treatment of players? Each of these is at least a $4M p.a. guy  BC never has and never will pay that type of money.  The ENTIRE athletic program cannot support that type of expenditure And BTW Jags was a gamble but one other schools have taken Sherman (a contemporary of Jags) turned A&M around so that they are going to the SEC Weis was wooed by ND and given a 10 year!! extension.  How big a fool is the ND AD? It is hard to know what a coord coming from the pros wants or what he will be presented with 2-4 years down the road.  It was an attempt to go big time that did not work out
    Posted by provpats[/QUOTE]

Thanks Mrs. Spaziani!

BC is loaded... Neenan Fund and $1.5B endowment!

You info on Jags and all else is wrong, but you area a Prov-enmoron?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

I thought I was on ignore; you just can't resist can you?  And you refer to me as the moron?

what is the problem with my info?
     Please show me what I wrote about Jags is wrong?
    Show me where Tressel did not conceal wrongdoing and lie?
    Aren't these on your blog?

Endowments don't matter for things like athletics; they support the actual operating expenses of the school, not excessive football coaches salaries.  The endowment is not meant to be dipped into that far, but to support special areas like the redevelopment of the archdiocese property.  And try comparing the BC endowment with other academic schools; they too are not spending it on football coaches salaries in an ever-increasing arms race.  This is pretty simple endowment management but I am glad to take you by the hand and lead you through it.

If MG is so upset, why can't he subsidize the salary?  after all his very manhood was insulted and the only way to get it back is to take over the athletic program, throw out his chest and say "I did this".

But I am truly done with you and your insults so go back to talking with yourself and whatever else you do by yourself.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Prov, I am usually on your side.  However, your endowment argument is bogus.  It's the usual BS that schools give, they run the P&L of the school and athletic department seperately.  I'm sorry, that doesn't fly.  It's like saying I have no money to pay my mortgage, look at my checking account, meanwhile my wife's checking account have $1mill in it. 

BC is BC.  Just because they split the P&Ls up doesn't mean those of us with a brain have to accept that.  It's crap.  BC is rich, this is the bottom line.  To claim otherwise, especially in today's world where a lot of people are struggling, is insulting.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

well Mo I am also usually on your side, but it is good to have a reasoned rational discussion

I do not think that the use of the $ to overpay a football coach like Tressel or Leach is a good use of money.  We will never be enough of a power to warrant throwing $4M at someone like this.  It makes no sense to do this.  We need to focus on our natural strengths; I think you wqill see our conference counterparts do it this way as well 

I never said BC did not have the money; I just do not believe entering an arms race where we are so far behind we will never catch up.  The money must be used more wisely than blowing $8M pa (coaches salaries) into a program that will continually be middling because of both the conference and geography.  Doug flutie and Matt Ryan are not walking thorugh that door every year

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Ok, I can agree with that.  Just because you have the money doesn't mean you should go spending like mad.  So we agree on that.

It just bugs me how BC cries poor, and that they do.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SJS1214. Show SJS1214's posts

In Response to Re: I predict Gene DeFilippo and Frank Spaziani will be fired at season's end.:
    [QUOTE]Losing to Duke is bad.  Bad, bad, bad.  I have no idea about Gene D, I don't really care.  I will care, however, if Spaz is the coach next season.  It's his last chance to save his job.  Bad seasons happen, however the trend here is not something that will turn around under Spaz.  Nice guy, decent D coord, terrible head coach.
    Posted by momort[/QUOTE]

What Provenmoron doesn't get is like in the Heights slam of Spazoo, the disease of Spazoo was the legacy of GDF and his micro managment and his DISEASED EGO with the temper firing of Jags, the sham search and now..

If GDF is allowed to hire a new Head Coach, who has faith in his credibility or abilities since the PUTZ hired a House Stooge in Spazoo, then hired a fossil in Tranquill and set BC back decades and then the Coup de Disgraciad...

GDF gave Spazoo a 2 year extension for 4 more after this that BC has to swallow.

BC will be horrible until GDF is gone and the new AD hires the whole new team.

I say its 2012 since GDF embarrassed BC with the Jags and Rogers firings.

GDF is a clown.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rjg73esq. Show rjg73esq's posts

It is a shame that these posts are littered by trolls who hate Boston College.  Anyone who believes Gene DeFilippo will be fired after this season of upheaval around college sports is not paying attention.  Mr. DeFilippo had the sense to see the instability of the Big East and move BC into the ACC years ago.  It appears numerous other Big East schools want to do so now.  This is a time when Mr. DeFilippo should be celebrated for his foresight, not blamed for BC's 0-3 start in football. 

The football team has looked horrible this season.  There is no question.  However, I am not sure Spaz can justifiably be blamed for this fiasco in its entirety.  BC only has three seniors starting, a rash of injuries (including to the ACC preseason offensive player of the year) and a true sophomore starting at quarterback.  (This should have been Dominique Davis's senior season at quarterback.)  That is not a recipe for success.  In my opinion, these are recruiting issues catching up with the program.  Hopefully, BC redshirts Montell Harris so that he does not waste his final season of eligibility. 

There should be questions regarding whether Spaz's job is safe after a pathetic effort in a loss to Duke, but let's see how he is able to hold the team together for the rest of the season before we pass judgment.  The coaching carousel has not worked for Notre Dame.  It is a slippery slope when you fire a coach every three years because you are dissatisfied with the short term results. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

Thanks Mo

I can see your point, but in fact universities always cry poor because you can never be too rich (just ask our Ivy League brethren).  I really prefer to see the money invested in our strengths like hockey and other sports; football needs an investment but we are also hamstrung by the current stadium and the desire to make sure the athletic program remains student focused.

The endowment arms race continues against the vagaries of the markets and the need to attract students with bigger and better

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

the sweetest words ever written

Posts from SJS1214 are hidden

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

rjg, well said all around.  while i want spaz gone, unless there is some top teir guy willing to come in now, let's see how the season plays out.  but i think the recruiting is really slipping under him.  I wouldn't even mind having him as head coach if we got some young, dynamic o and d coordinators to really help recruit, we just don't have that. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 82ndAB. Show 82ndAB's posts

[QUOTE]It is a shame that these posts are littered by trolls who hate Boston College.  Anyone who believes Gene DeFilippo will be fired after this season of upheaval around college sports is not paying attention.  Mr. DeFilippo had the sense to see the instability of the Big East and move BC into the ACC years ago.  It appears numerous other Big East schools want to do so now.  This is a time when Mr. DeFilippo should be celebrated for his foresight, not blamed for BC's 0-3 start in football.  The football team has looked horrible this season.  There is no question.  However, I am not sure Spaz can justifiably be blamed for this fiasco in its entirety.  BC only has three seniors starting, a rash of injuries (including to the ACC preseason offensive player of the year) and a true sophomore starting at quarterback.  (This should have been Dominique Davis's senior season at quarterback.)  That is not a recipe for success.  In my opinion, these are recruiting issues catching up with the program.  Hopefully, BC redshirts Montell Harris so that he does not waste his final season of eligibility.  There should be questions regarding whether Spaz's job is safe after a pathetic effort in a loss to Duke, but let's see how he is able to hold the team together for the rest of the season before we pass judgment.  The coaching carousel has not worked for Notre Dame.  It is a slippery slope when you fire a coach every three years because you are dissatisfied with the short term results. 
    Posted by rjg73esq[/QUOTE]

Yes we understand Mr. Esquire! BC stinks at 0-3, the QB stinks, the Coach does not have a clue, AD Flippo has his head up his butt, as the losing hasn't concluded in the ACC! Any more exculpatory discovery you need for Cvil Procedure 101? BC Law, or Mass School of Law?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SJS1214. Show SJS1214's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I predict Gene DeFilippo and Frank Spaziani will be fired at season's end. : Yes we understand Mr. Esquire! BC stinks at 0-3, the QB stinks, the Coach does not have a clue, AD Flippo has his head up his butt, as the losing hasn't concluded in the ACC! Any more exculpatory discovery you need for Cvil Procedure 101? BC Law, or Mass School of Law?
    Posted by 82ndAB[/QUOTE]

Yes. These prior guys are Bc Yawkey lackies and simpletons.

GDF has to go first and you let the new AD pick his guy.

These posters are moron failures.

BC is a disaster area under Spazoo and GDF gave him 2+ years?????

Are you nuts? 4 more?

I stand by my original deal. Gone by December!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SJS1214. Show SJS1214's posts

[QUOTE]the sweetest words ever written Posts from SJS1214 are hidden
    Posted by provpats[/QUOTE]

We will see who eats crap in December.

You are a loser, a spammer and have no analytical value. You are so immature and so stupid, that you think these two clowns deserve another year?

Your reading comprehension is kindergarten level, like Spazoo's coaching.

Thanks again, Mrs. DeFilippo.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

Various points:
    1. @ RJ - Spaz is definitely part of the problem though I don't mean that in a negative way about him. He chose comfort over ability in filling staff openings, and his staff's overall game management looks weak.  He is not a program builder, but is a good soldier.  BC needs a program builder.

2. @SJS - with or without negative Heights articles, GDF is not going anywhere, and you will be disappointed if that's a big wish for you.  That does not mean he did not make the wrong choice w/Spaz, w/Jagz, with forcing staff on his coaches, etc...but he has so many other reporting areas of activity for the administation that he won't be gone anytime soon.  Do you remember the cluster-f of a situation under which he took the job?  He will ride the wave of his efforts under those circumstances for quite awhile.

3.  @ Mo/Pro - an endowment, as you know, portrays a sign of financial stability in these trying times, but it's not typically tapped to run the athletic program or any other singular issue at a university.  Or do I misunderstand that?

4.  The recruiting failure during the Jagz era is being overlooked.  As difficult as it is for Spaz to recruit successfully now, Jagz had ample opportunity to fill this roster on the wave of Ryan's success. Instead and as others have mentioned, he left very little in the upper class as we see now.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

I agree with the piece on the endowment; usually the earnings are used to susidize the operating budget of the university, including financial aid.   They are loath to dig into it for much else, preferring find raising for specific projects that mobilize the university and alumni giving (see Harrington and the Yawkey Center)

I also agree GDF is not going anywhere.   SJS seesm to think he can mobilize thorugh this website and Gabelli will care one whit about managing the athletic program

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

So, Flippo is not going anywhere?

Then neither is BCI!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

even sweeter words:

Posts from Longputter are hidden

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

Putter, always entitled to an opinion.
    whrlpgatroll, useless as usual.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

BC HAS NOT GONE ANYWHERE FOR QUITE AND IT DOESN'T LOOK THAT PROMISING IN 2011!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SJS1214. Show SJS1214's posts

Looking at maybe 30+ other games on all levels this season...

BC's talent level, intensity, speed and level of play has really gone downhill and fast.

My old "More dreadlocks instead of goldilocks" theory has come round.

Look at West Virginia and LSU... LSU would beat BC like we are UMASS.

I said a 2-3 start and 3-9 and BC would never win one road game --(not even a now weak Maryland and Edsall!) ---

Either way, 2-3 or 1-4... there is very little chance BC can win 2 more games and when they get into intense battles with teams who can rollup on our slow WR's, BC wil get snuffed and stuffed.

BC is slower than frozen molasses.

Sadly, the last 3 games this present team can beat are low level ACC chumps....Wake Forest, Maryland and NC State.

Keep drinking that Yawkey Kool-aid!!

NUCLEAR ENEMA TIME AT YAWKEY!! 

Without a whole new football program and taking a new paradigm recruiting model like ND or Stanford or TCU with  some lesser restrictions and giving kids a chance to succeed in class,

.......BC will have a tough time with upper tier schools like ND, Clemson, FSU, VT, or schools even with a great team land Coaches like Jags and Logan who we were highly competitive and competent when at BC even without Ryan?

Maybe after never winning a Big East or ACC title in 21 years, we can see the problem is Gene DeFilippo and get a solid AD and a solid Head Coach and recruit and recruit and start stockpiling talent.

Get the new Head Coach a NetJets deal and sen him around like Brian Kelly of ND!!

Talent reigns supreme.

BC has some talent and some speed, but with Spazoo, that is a failure in any case scenario?

Spazoo had to recruit for 3 years, that's now a disaster.

Spazoo and his team are not qualified on this level.

It's is gonna take NO time to flush out this entire staff (Thirty Second Over Yawkey), but if not this December with GDF and Spazoo, and the new AD hires his own great Coach, BC fans will stay deep in the abyss of "THE DEFILIPPO MALAISE"

No great Coach wants to work for a hot tempered meddling micro manager AD who thinks he knows the modern game.

The Jags NY Jet interview did not require a response from the little dictator GDF, since most coaches take beauty contest interviews. It looks good on the resume and BC and Jags knew he had no chance???

GDF turned it into a national whining drama queen soap opera for no reason?

GDF: temper, temper temper!!!

BC was the nation's laughinstock from other school's fans when Spazoo hired his old retired friend Gary Tranquill which was utter insanity!

Then this year, after 2 games, Kevin Rogers is gone?

What a way to run your glamour signature cash cow sport there GDF!

BC Trustees and big Alums are the culprits here to have allowed this mediocrity to slide into Malaise.

THAT IS CALLED LAZY!

First it was TOB losing every big game, then we were saved by Jags and then the SPAZOO CLOWNSHOES!

When the embarrassment of the SpazWow towel becomes unbearable, like the next 8 weeks, start the nuclear flush where the trouble lies...

GDF and the entire Football Staff have to go..

So when you bring in a Mike Leach type and his Air Raid offense whose Texas Tech kids were in shape from working out in the 120+ degree Texas Inferno and can run like the West Texas winds...you will not have GDF's Coach Flip's intereference or out of shape radio host excuses from Yawkey lackies???

Mike Leach or some Bosie State hotshot, but make no mistake the Football team leaders of GDF and Spazoo are clownshoes --- and maybe BC could dominate the Colonial Athletic Association, but maybe the alums and trustees have had enough humiliation.

This next snapshot, think of the children and hide their eyes.

Boston College

Massachusetts

??

1-0

??

2-1
    New Hampshire1-02-1
    Towson1-03-0
    Delaware1-03-1
    James Madison1-03-1
    Maine0-02-1
    Old Dominion0-13-1
    Rhode Island0-11-2
    Richmond0-13-1
    William & Mary0-12-2
    Villanova0-11-3

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeCrum. Show JoeCrum's posts

Fire Spaz now!! The team has gotten worse each year under his "leadership". Three lousy OC's in less than two and a half years - Tranq, Rogers, now Brock. How disfunctional do things need do get before someone steps in and cleans house?? Does anyone over there know what needs to be in place to have a successful major college football program? Gene has swung and missed twice with his football hires. Someone over there needs to throw Gene a brush back pitch when it comes time to hire a new coach and take the responsibility away from him. The stench at Alumni is awful.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

not as bad as the one attached to your posting

Way to offer your thoughts over the years BTW

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SJS1214. Show SJS1214's posts

[QUOTE]Fire Spaz now!! The team has gotten worse each year under his "leadership". Three lousy OC's in less than two and a half years - Tranq, Rogers, now Brock. How disfunctional do things need do get before someone steps in and cleans house?? Does anyone over there know what needs to be in place to have a successful major college football program? Gene has swung and missed twice with his football hires. Someone over there needs to throw Gene a brush back pitch when it comes time to hire a new coach and take the responsibility away from him. The stench at Alumni is awful.
    Posted by JoeCrum[/QUOTE]

Brushback? Brushback?

BEANBALL and out of Yawkey!!

The next Head Coach has to be hired by the new AD. Maybe the AD from Villanova and hopefully Mike Leach who was despicably treated at TT and is still loved down there.

Leach and his passing AIR RAID offense and Flutie stopping by for QB mentoring and pep talks??

None of this is possible unless the lazy Trustees and power ALUMS step up and fire GDF.

GDF being flushed into the back bay is the KEY!

You fire GDF, then the Spazoo gets a nice deal (ugh 4 years left)mand a pasta machine and it might take 2-3 years of NetJets recruiting to rebuild BC and get a much faster and higher level of recruits and skill position black athletes?

You play to win titles and GDF is O-FER!

Spazoo was an overrated defensive coach and remember Syracuse?

Then the miracle of 2007, 8-0, and the Spazoo's porous and cushion pass defense was riddled by FSU and Maryland?

GET OUTTA MY ALMA MATER!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts