Ideas to Expand/Improve BC Sports

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Re: Ideas to Expand/Improve BC Sports

In Response to Re: Ideas to Expand/Improve BC Sports:
    In Response to Re: Ideas to Expand/Improve BC Sports : He may be a good coach overall, but I thought that coaching display rivaled Al Skinner in his waning years: let's not use timeouts, let's just finish this a quickly as possible and see how it turns out... inexusable at such a big moment.
    Posted by trbow

Can't get BC out of your vocabulary moron after a 9-22 season?

Perhaps you can go back to the good old days under Jimmy O'Brien and lament why BC has taked itself out of the big market when it comes to NCAA Basketball. Try playing catch up, perhaps BC has a shot at the CIB Tournament bubble next year with the "scrubs" they recruited!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

"What you gotta admire about John Calapari": when he was coach of UMASS he talked about BC in the past tense, not future!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

A guy whose two prior programs ended up on probation?  Lots to admire with ND sense of ethics I guess

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

A guy whose two prior programs ended up on probation?  Lots to admire with ND sense of ethics I guess
    Posted by provpats

Little Green monster, while Flippo is at court side with Boobryan dreaming of things that never are, and asking why not? BC will never see a Final Four! Dream On!  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

the definition of non sequitor

ND  if you do not understand Latin please see oxvmoron; it has moron in it so you should understand that

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

In Response to Re: Ideas to Expand/Improve BC Sports : Can't get BC out of your vocabulary moron after a 9-22 season? Perhaps you can go back to the good old days under Jimmy O'Brien and lament why BC has taked itself out of the big market when it comes to NCAA Basketball. Try playing catch up, perhaps BC has a shot at the CIB Tournament bubble next year with the " scrubs " they recruited!
    Posted by UofNDKing

Oh you chose to logon as NDqueenie this time, that's so funny and creative, but since it's a BC thread, I thought why not mention them here.  And no, there's no lament, parts of the program are not doing as well as you'd like, but it's not a life changing development. 

Now, go post a picture of South Bend, talk about the baseball team, complain about the hockey tournament while you're at it, and then go logon as one of your other 12 year old identities to validate your post.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

to answer lothars question, i kinda ducked out for a while when the whole discussion started degrading to the usual.
    Posted by chitown chicity

Your response makes me wonder why you stood by and did nothing instead of trying to keep the discussion on track .........................

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

Can't understand about this last word fool who always tries to redirect? Are you quoting in Latin to impress your adversary, or our you this insecure, and bored where need is to research  'brainy Latin quotes" to fullfil some sense of ecstasy about one's reticence?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

In Response to Re: Ideas to Expand/Improve BC Sports : Sullinger played 6 minutes in the first half because of foul trouble, and the Cuse didn't take advantage of it. Craft eventually fouled out at a crucial time when the game was still in doubt. It was a poorly officiated game both ways, because at the end of a game, we shouldn't even be talking about the officiating, but here we are. I love THE  "CONSPIRACY THEORY". Maybe the refs were sticking it to Syracuse for leaving the Big East for the ACC? 28-20 is not a huge discrepancy. How about Kentucky (18 fouls) vs. Baylor (32 fouls)?
    Posted by indians1948

and the ACC did really well, no final four, as roy williams is the biggest fraud of them all moron ... whine, whine, whine fitting he lost to Kansas.
    Great analysis you acknowleded WHR's Conspiracy Theory! Now go crank up screem name, and PROFART soon to follow!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Paterno,

=

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chitown chicity. Show chitown chicity's posts

Lothar: spring break threw a lot out of balance. because i went on a service trip over break i had to catch up on a lot of other stuff so the paper had to go on hold. for better or for worse, thats why i didnt put a lot of effort into getting it all under control. now its back on my plate, so time to get back to business

heres a thought: ESPN has pushed back a lot of coverage on the frozen four tourney, putting most of the games on ESPN3 and ESPNU. The semifinals are on ESPNU while the championship game is on ESPN2. Usually, these games are on ESPN and ESPN2.

since BC is in the frozen four, this hurts the amount of exposure the university will get this year (at least on a national level). do you think itll make that big of a difference? or will it not have much of an effect? just how many people do you think actually tune into the championship (and stay tuned) when its on the flagship station? or is it viewed like the sunday bowling tournaments, and skipped over? just a thought. 

for the alums: do the frozen four berths make you guys feel more attached to the school? does it make a difference?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chitown chicity. Show chitown chicity's posts

i dont know why i havent asked this before, but what is BC athletics' standing in New England? generally, what do people think about the school and its teams? were not talking about the media- we know where they stand. when bc football is on tv, does it attract much interest?  this is something that needs to be addressed in general

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chitown chicity. Show chitown chicity's posts

this past season, stanford managed to sell out pretty much every game (after struggling to fill stands in previous years) by capitalizing on andrew luck. they went on an advertising blitz focusing on him that lead to sellouts

theres a lot that just one person could do for a program. i know that this may be apples to oranges, but what if BC was able to bring back matt ryan (in the future) or matt hasselbeck (he looks to be on his way out in the NFL) as quarterbacks coaches? maybe even flutie? if theyre qualified, theyd definitely be valuable assets on recruiting.

could moves like that stirr up interest?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmathuna. Show tmathuna's posts

BC used to be popular with Boston sports fans. When Bill Flynn was AD he cared about the fans and appreciated the support. Now they think it is their due. I love BC and will always be a fan but I would rather go to the registry than deal with the BC ticket office or the BCAA.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

BC used to be popular with Boston sports fans. When Bill Flynn was AD he cared about the fans and appreciated the support. Now they think it is their due. I love BC and will always be a fan but I would rather go to the registry than deal with the BC ticket office or the BCAA.
    Posted by tmathuna

Most RMV hacks are BC grads what else can you do with a BC degree play jeopardy?

NCAA women's basketball: UConn back in Final Four!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

this past season, stanford managed to sell out pretty much every game (after struggling to fill stands in previous years) by capitalizing on andrew luck. they went on an advertising blitz focusing on him that lead to sellouts theres a lot that just one person could do for a program. i know that this may be apples to oranges, but what if BC was able to bring back matt ryan (in the future) or matt hasselbeck (he looks to be on his way out in the NFL) as quarterbacks coaches? maybe even flutie? if theyre qualified, theyd definitely be valuable assets on recruiting. could moves like that stirr up interest?
    Posted by chitown chicity

dream on ... comparing Stanford's Bob Bowlsby to Flippo is day and night. It is apples to rotten apples, no oranges .... yes Flutie that's BC salvation a great suggestion, and I'll be laughing all the way to the bank at the Sports betting parlor at The Winn ....

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from chitown chicity. Show chitown chicity's posts

In Response to Re: Ideas to Expand/Improve BC Sports : you sound like a Pink Hat with those questions.
    Posted by Donnnn

well i dont blame you. since i come from the midwest and from a non bc family and its my first year here, i cant really talk like i know everything about bc sports and their history

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Three Tarheals set to make NBA jump! This is getting out of hand! One and done so collegiate teams neeed to extra cautious in recruiting high school talent.

College that gets 

Shabazz Muhammad, wins it all in 2013?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

WR Corey Robinson commits to Irish

Wide receiver Corey Robinson (San Antonio/San Antonio Christian), the son of NBA great David Robinson, took the first step in building his own legacy in football Tuesday night.

After visiting Wake Forest on Tuesday, Corey Robinson decided to go with the first school to recruit him, orally committing to Notre Dame.

The 6-foot-4, 200-pound receiver visited South Bend, Ind., for the Irish's junior day over the weekend, and he chose the Irish over offers from Wake Forest, Iowa, Kansas, Navy and North Carolina.

"I made the decision on the way back home [from Wake Forest]," Robinson said. "My family and I were talking about it. We discussed it, and we prayed about it. I just felt that Notre Dame was the best choice for me. It always felt like the best choice.

"There was something about it. The coaches, the recruits, the strong academics. ... I loved everything about it."

Notre Dame was the first school to offer Robinson back in February. Recruited by cornerbacks coach Kerry Cooks, Robinson, who caught 42 passes for 660 yards and 10 touchdowns during his junior season, left South Bend in time to participate in Sunday's Nike Football Training Camp at the Dallas Cowboys' practice facility in Irving, Texas.

The trip to Notre Dame not only impressed Corey, but left David with positive things to say.

"On the trip, I felt it myself. I felt the connection," David Robinson said. "I felt this could be a place where I could leave my son and feel good about it. The decision wasn't all mine, so I wanted him to be sure, too.

"Wake Forest was a great school, and we wanted to have an opportunity to get a look at them. Wake Forest is a beautiful campus, an incredible school with a great coaching staff, but the discussions kept coming back to Notre Dame."

Corey Robinson became the Irish's ninth commitment of the 2013 class. He also became the first Texan and the first receiver for the class.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Ideas to Expand/Improve BC Sports ... Division III

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Three Tarheals set to make NBA jump! This is getting out of hand! One and done so collegiate teams neeed to extra cautious in recruiting high school talent. College that gets    Shabazz Muhammad , wins it all in 2013?
    Posted by cheeroh

For sure it won't be
    BC!

24. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts