Ideas to Expand/Improve BC Sports

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 82ndAB. Show 82ndAB's posts

Re: Ideas to Expand/Improve BC Sports

Well we know the better school in athletics since 1946? It's Vanderbilt which made those preppies look like jerk off in a yankee tea party!  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

In Response to Re: Ideas to Expand/Improve BC Sports:
    [QUOTE]Well we know the better school in athletics since 1946? It's Vanderbilt which made those preppies look like jerk off in a yankee tea party!  
    Posted by 82ndAB[/QUOTE]

Not that I lack imagaination, but I just can't picture what you're writing. Are you jumping without a 'chute?

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

[QUOTE]All hype no delivery = Tommy Amaker = typical Boston hype = no delivery.
    Posted by whr[/QUOTE]

Fixed your post for you

All hype no delivery = whr = typical internet dunce = no delivery.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

The Irish (22-11) put together a nine-game winning streak and went a surprising 13-5 in the BIG EAST this season despite losing star Tim Abromaitis to a knee injury after he played just two games. Notre Dame lost in the conference tournament semifinals to Louisville and will be searching for the same rhythm it had during its impressive winning streak that turned around the season.

Good luck Irish, will be enjoyable watching your quest for NCAA tournament glory!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

UND selected as one  of the premier Collegiate baseball teams in 2012 to watch come the NCAA World Series!

Irish
    Upset No. 11 LSU, 7-1

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

[QUOTE]The Irish (22-11) put together a nine-game winning streak and went a surprising 13-5 in the BIG EAST this season despite losing star Tim Abromaitis to a knee injury after he played just two games. Notre Dame lost in the conference tournament semifinals to Louisville and will be searching for the same rhythm it had during its impressive winning streak that turned around the season. Good luck Irish, will be enjoyable watching your quest for NCAA tournament glory!
    Posted by UofNDKing[/QUOTE]

Like any fan of the fighting frauds, you had your excuse prepared in advance.

Good work!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FionnFile. Show FionnFile's posts

Get out of the ACC. Look at the success of the hockey team, which (by sheer accident of geography) plays in a regional conference. BC is the doormat of the ACC, has long travel times, pays big bucks to belong, and has no local appeal. Not that the Big East was much better. What's needed is a Northeast Division I conference which can build up or restore traditional rivalries like BC-Pitt and BC-Syracuse.

Parking? Tailgating? That ship has sailed. Too many cars chasing too few parking spaces on the confined and limited space of the Heights. If you make it interesting again, the real college sports fans will come, even if they have to use taxis, buses, or Greenliners, and pack hidden sandwishes in their parkas.

Needless to say, ticket prices will decline with the abandonment of the geographically incorrect super-conference.

None of this will happen in my lifetime, which has seen BC athletics rise fromn the ashes in the 1980-90's only to immolate itself in the first decade of the 20th century.

For what it's worth I am an alumnus.Sealed

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Embarrassment with the NCAA's in Town, Badger fans all over Boston mocking BC all over the Newbury Steet bars ... ACC & BC = losers! It's the Big Ten in Beantown Baby OSU and Wisconsin!    

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]Get out of the ACC. Look at the success of the hockey team, which (by sheer accident of geography) plays in a regional conference. BC is the doormat of the ACC, has long travel times, pays big bucks to belong, and has no local appeal. Not that the Big East was much better. What's needed is a Northeast Division I conference which can build up or restore traditional rivalries like BC-Pitt and BC-Syracuse. Parking? Tailgating? That ship has sailed. Too many cars chasing too few parking spaces on the confined and limited space of the Heights. If you make it interesting again, the real college sports fans will come, even if they have to use taxis, buses, or Greenliners, and pack hidden sandwishes in their parkas. Needless to say, ticket prices will decline with the abandonment of the geographically incorrect super-conference. None of this will happen in my lifetime, which has seen BC athletics rise fromn the ashes in the 1980-90's only to immolate itself in the first decade of the 20th century. For what it's worth I am an alumnus.
    Posted by FionnFile[/QUOTE]

Your points have some merrit, but will never happen.  It isn't just the ACC that's a huge conference with no thought for geography, but every conference.  college sports are eating themselves alive and eventually they'll come to regret it as about 10 schools will always be good and the rest will struggle to have a decent year here or there.

BC the doormat though is just a stupid thing to say.  They've been to 2 ACC champ games in football since they've been there and the hoops team have beaten both UNC and Duke in hoops.  Currently both stink, but to say they've been a doormat is saying something that is just wrong...

Also, not sure the last time you went to a football game, however as it stands now it's not too many cars chasing too few spots.  Shea is empty now. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

Just askin': whatever became of ChiTownChiCity who started this post -- still on spring break?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]Just askin': whatever became of ChiTownChiCity who started this post -- still on spring break?
    Posted by LOTHAR43[/QUOTE]

went back to code name screen name and provpats ....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ideas to Expand/Improve BC Sports : could there be a worse team to watch than Wisconsin?  awfully boring games they play...  I do like OSU though.  I wanted to see the Fla game but not at 10 pm which really means 10:30!  Maybe I'll DVR the game and wake up early and fast forward the commercials and free throws...
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

Gave it one heck of a try last night however against the 'Cuse... went to the game it was exciting. "Best collegiate game ever played in Boston": Bob Ryan sitting at Court side, loves Collegiate basketball.

Too bad his alma mater sucks so bad and is a big time disappointment in everything but the criminal justice system where it's jocks are notorious!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ideas to Expand/Improve BC Sports : i will eat crow after watching that game...  wisconsin shot the lights out but shockingly poor coaching at the end of the game by Bo Ryan hurt them.  1 timeout left, 2nd best player on the bench trying to sub him in and to hoist a 30 footer 3 pointer when down by 1 is not ideal.  bob ryan is pointless.  states the obvious yet thinks he is brilliant.  Similar to lothar, if bob feels one way i usually feel the exact opposite as i don't think he has the college basketball knowledge he thinks he has. 
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

What's sauce for the goose is also for the gander ...  stop whining: UConn is done and gone and you really don't have  much ammo left in your magazine.  Save your shots for Cal & UK!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ideas to Expand/Improve BC Sports : i will eat crow after watching that game...  wisconsin shot the lights out but shockingly poor coaching at the end of the game by Bo Ryan hurt them.  1 timeout left, 2nd best player on the bench trying to sub him in and to hoist a 30 footer 3 pointer when down by 1 is not ideal.  bob ryan is pointless.  states the obvious yet thinks he is brilliant.  Similar to lothar, if bob feels one way i usually feel the exact opposite as i don't think he has the college basketball knowledge he thinks he has. 
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

Sorry to dis your "similar" ......................

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chitown chicity. Show chitown chicity's posts

to answer lothars question, i kinda ducked out for a while when the whole discussion started degrading to the usual.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

He may be a good coach overall, but I thought that coaching display rivaled Al Skinner in his waning years: let's not use timeouts, let's just finish this a quickly as possible and see how it turns out...inexusable at such a big moment.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

[QUOTE]Difficult to recruit at Wisconsin ... boy are you off idiot!
    Posted by whr[/QUOTE]
    Right, thanks for another fail lpga troll. Tell us all how it's tough to recruit at an excellent Big Ten public university with over 42,000 students. Now go back down behind the furnace and logon as one of your other 12 year old identities.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ideas to Expand/Improve BC Sports : He may be a good coach overall, but I thought that coaching display rivaled Al Skinner in his waning years: let's not use timeouts, let's just finish this a quickly as possible and see how it turns out... inexusable at such a big moment.
    Posted by trbow[/QUOTE]
    Good point about Skinner. The one game that comes to mind immediately is the  2006 NCAA Sweet Sixteen game against Villanova when he didn't call a time out at the end of overtime to set his defense, with BC up by one, and Sean Williams ended up getting called for goaltending on the winning 'Nova basket.

Sections
Shortcuts