I'm done with this board. It's a waste

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

I'm done with this board. It's a waste

There's not much activity to begin with, and then you're stuck with -

whr, cheeroh, uofndking etc  - Wouldn't surprise me if they are all the same person. Their posts are almost indistinguishable and usually incomprehensible.

putter - When is the last time he posted something original with any value? Read 1 of his posts and you've read them all.

If you're a BC fan like I am there are other places where you can get good info and have serious discussions. Places much better than this. Here are a few that I know of

http://bostoncollege.rivals.com/default.asp
    Pay the $10/month for the premium board, it's worth it.

http://atleagle.blogspot.com/

http://www.bcinterruption.com

/http://eagleoutsider.com/phpbb/index.php

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

Re: I'm done with this board. It's a waste

So...this board looks like a dropping in place for BC fans and alums to post on sports-related happenings.  At first, seems like a good idea.  But then it becomes the rantings of an angry underpaid campus snow-shoveler and a pair of multiple-identity 12 year old haters.  No doubt, plenty of haters out there, as not all alumni and students are the same no matter where they're from.  Thus, the originally positive posters, end up debating and arguing pointless, unrelated, childish insults and rants. 

Now that you mention it, you're right screenname, it is a wasted effort in a sad little forum.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from eaglebeagle1. Show eaglebeagle1's posts

Another approach (that I've recently taken) is to "ignore" LP and the kids, and only read/exchange comments with rational, civil, intelligent adults, thereby consigning LP, whr, the "king", etc to virtual oblivion, where they belong. Maybe if more of us did that, the forum would be more attractive to people who'd like to post but who don't want to stoop to the level of discussion of the above-named yahoos. But as screenname says, there are plenty of other places to go.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

In Response to Re: I'm done with this board. It's a waste:
    In Response to Re: I'm done with this board. It's a waste : BC troll please utilize the whinner line on WEEI where one can vent out  frustrations in an open forum. The whinner line is a very good forum to vent your displeasure about BC naysayers, of there ary many, with John Meterperel the pontifical guidiian of BC's unc onsciousness to glory!
    Posted by whr

Perfect example.  Thank you whr.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

BC the lowly bridesmaid again!  Reflections on the UNC game:  garbage time in  the 32% shooting offensive juggernaut ACC, as congratulations go to BC with their 10th dubious loss!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

stream of consciousness cheeroh?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

stream of consciousness cheeroh?
    Posted by provpats

Bridesmades again for BC; can't comptete with the talent in Chapel Hill in a muck game by (2) terrible pretenders; one a Duke want-a-bee, the other led by a Division III coach. BC out of the bubble, as predicted a 12 loss season

UCONN ROCKS!!! 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamesGatz1. Show JamesGatz1's posts

Come on out altar boys, your team almost pulled off a #19 upset,however as  usual UNC sweeps the BC series & prevails. BC limps back from yet another loss on Tobacco Road!
    Posted by whr

Anyone else notice something the BC haters (LP, cheeroh, whr, etc.) have in common? All virgins. None have ever been with a woman.

You don't have to be Dr. Freud to see how their sexual frustration is somehow channelled into hatred of Boston College.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

In Response to Re: I'm done with this board. It's a waste : Anyone else notice something the BC haters (LP, cheeroh, whr, etc.) have in common? All virgins. None have ever been with a woman. You don't have to be Dr. Freud to see how their sexual frustration is somehow channelled into hatred of Boston College.
    Posted by JamesGatz1

yes, the eagle represents the vaginal cavity, so elusive, so desired, so above anything they can attain.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Gatz, you have me laughing.  other peeps, don't give up, let's just ignore.  there are plenty of us who want to have actual debate and write things other than i hate bc, i hate bc, i hate bc.....

they use no brain power to post, so let's stop using ours to respond.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from eaglebeagle1. Show eaglebeagle1's posts

Amen (and see my post above)!  Whether "they" have brain power to use is highly debatable, but I promised myself I wouldn't go there.... In Response to Re: I'm done with this board. It's a waste:
    Gatz, you have me laughing.  other peeps, don't give up, let's just ignore.  there are plenty of us who want to have actual debate and write things other than i hate bc, i hate bc, i hate bc..... they use no brain power to post, so let's stop using ours to respond.
    Posted by momort

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle79. Show Eagle79's posts

ScreenName,

Good point, let's get the readership of those blogs up.  It is clear that the Boston Globe, that used to have the best sports section of any paper in the country, is no longer in the game.  Many of their best writers now write for ESPNBoston.

These boards are unmoderated, otherwise why would they have let that tortured soul LP continue to post his long signature.  As for the others, they are just rock throwers, i.e. UNDKing, someone who clearly has not benefited from the education that ND or Rice provided.  I think LongPotter is right . . . his profile does not reflect who he really is.

My Google Reader is set up to get feeds from all of those blogs, I read them all the time anyway along with some from a number of other schools.

One last thing about the Globe, if they really cared about this forum they would let us subscribe to a discussion thread with our RSS reader and let us respond from touch screen devices.  I would have liked to have posted from my iPad . . . but to no avail.

Sections
Shortcuts