Is UMass Basketball Fradulent A-10 Contenders

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redbarchetta88. Show redbarchetta88's posts

Is UMass Basketball Fradulent A-10 Contenders

Much was expected going into this season for UMass basketball. They were expected to contend for their first NCAA tournament berth since 1998 after making the Final Four of the NIT. They are 10-3 with a good win over Havard.

This is a decent if not great resume, provided you only look at their record and schedule and not at the game box scores. Looking at those reveal close losses to vastly inferior competition. Sloppy play might be good enough to beat Northern Illinois and Miami of Ohio, but this team is at risk of being exposed as frauds once they begin play in a loaded Atlantic 10. Finishing 6-10 in conference play and settling for another NIT berth is a likely outcome, with Derek Kellogg's 3 year extention after his first above .500 season looking very premature.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

Re: Is UMass Basketball Fradulent A-10 Contenders

In response to SlimPickensIII's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Minutemen were picked to finish 5th in conference.   Sure we were hoping for an NCAA bid this season.  And it's still achievable.  They have to play better.  The last couple of games, even though they lost vs SLU, provide a glimmer of hope.  

SLU is a valid top 25 team, and UMass held their own on the road against them.  They beat an Ohio team, on the road, that returned everyone from a Sweet 16 team.  So I don't know where you get this notion that they are frauds from.  They've been sloppy, that's the only thing I can agree on.  

If the Minutemen are resigned to an NIT bid again, that will be a minor disappointment rather than a major shock.   I don't know what the current rules are, they change often,  but whatever they are,  no team with a 6-10 conference record, from any conference, is going to the NIT. 

A .500 record in a deeper than usual A10, and an NIT bid, is not what we want, but better than the alternatives.   Dumping coaches every couple of years in a panic, gets you nowhere, and this isn't exactly the most attractive job around.   Giving Kellogg an extended look is the right move.  He continues to learn and the program gains some stability and an identity to build on top off.  If it doesn't produce an NCAA performance soon enough for you then go find another team, we don't need you.

[/QUOTE]
    Actually, 6-10 could get into the NIT. Last year Minnesota was 6-12 in the Big 10, 19-15 overall. They not only got in but made it to the finals and lost to Stanford.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]

Ah, one more W from the Minutemen last season (against Stanford in the NIT semifinal ) and I probably would have noticed that.  I stand corrected.   6-12 in the Big 10 and 6-10 in the A10 probably not quite the same thing in any case.

[/QUOTE]

Thought you left town troll?

Must be bored following our State U's accomplishments in the A-10. The Pelicans gave UMIE a ride for the money, and our trolls at BC finally one the big one at VT on a depleted team.

Buffoon College is on a role, now that Meterperel is giving his full attention to another Eagle makes a Bucket theme. Buffoons searching for a strong RPI win, over a Michigan, or another Jesuit pretender Gonzaga?Bryant loss and Harvard is going to cut them short however, in their quest for the NIT. But let's not forget, there only FRESHMAN?

What I love about A-10 basketball is the attendance. Yep, bleachers are one-third full which reminds me of Conte on a good day.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

In response to cheeroh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Ah, one more W from the Minutemen last season (against Stanford in the NIT semifinal ) and I probably would have noticed that.  I stand corrected.   6-12 in the Big 10 and 6-10 in the A10 probably not quite the same thing in any case.

[/QUOTE]

Thought you left town troll?

Must be bored following our State U's accomplishments in the A-10. The Pelicans gave UMIE a ride for the money, and our trolls at BC finally one the big one at VT on a depleted team.

Buffoon College is on a role, now that Meterperel is giving his full attention to another Eagle makes a Bucket theme. Buffoons searching for a strong RPI win, over a Michigan, or another Jesuit pretender Gonzaga?Bryant loss and Harvard is going to cut them short however, in their quest for the NIT. But let's not forget, there only FRESHMAN?

What I love about A-10 basketball is the attendance. Yep, bleachers are one-third full which reminds me of Conte on a good day.

[/QUOTE]
    Zeeroh, it's the St. Louis BILLIKENS, not the PELICANS. At least that's who I think you're referring to. That, in addition to your multiple grammatical, spelling, and logic errors, qualifies you for the dunce of the day award. Did you hit the pub earlier today than usual?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

Need to love the Critics' Choice Awards; The thing we call critics are not really reviewers, they are not really critics. They don't have the discipline to write what we would term as critique - it's really just reviewers, nothing original but critique.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redbarchetta88. Show redbarchetta88's posts

[QUOTE]

11-4,  Red.  And that Providence W is looking better all the time.  The NIT is still the more likely destination, but the ride is only just starting.  Let's give it another month before we start drawing conclusions.   The only absolute sure thing at this point is that UConn isn't going to either one this year.   Chuckle.

[/QUOTE]

The Havard game might be a good win as well if the Crimson sweep through the Ivy League. The positive is we have no bad loss (i.e. if we lost yesterday). We have to win one of those games against Butler/Temple/VCU.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailman2. Show sailman2's posts

Unfortunetly, here in MA one would compare the presentation of our NCAA D1 athletic programs to the "GRONK", all pretense and B.S., and very susceptable to injury accomplishing abosolutely nothing. Brag on ...

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

In response to sailman2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Unfortunetly, here in MA one would compare the presentation of our NCAA D1 athletic programs to the "GRONK", all pretense and B.S., and very susceptable to injury accomplishing abosolutely nothing. Brag on ...

[/QUOTE]

Whaaaaaaa? Whats one thing got to do with another? Sail on, sail on, sailor!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    I'm sure you'd say the same thing to Gronk in person. Hah! It's easy to talk trash and hide behind your cloak of anonymity in these forums.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Team of the Week: UConn....says it all!

"I honestly believed that once the school removed the uncertainty surrounding Kevin Ollie, this team would falter. After all, the Huskies have no postseason to play for, so I figured they could use all the incentive they could get. Apparently, pride is enough, because on Saturday the Huskies did what few teams do -- beat Notre Dame at the Joyce Center. The Irish have lost just twice there in their last 48 games. (Ironically, both losses came against UConn.) The Huskies got another stellar performance from their backcourt duo of Ryan Boatright and Shabazz Napier (33 points combined), an overall Glue Guy effort from DeAndre Daniels (eight points, nine rebounds), and some tough defense by junior forward Tyler Olander, who bumped  Notre Dame center Jack Cooley all game long. UConn also defeated DePaul by 21 points on Tuesday, and it has a huge game at home Monday night against Louisville. "

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

In response to indians1948's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    I'm sure you'd say the same thing to Gronk in person. Hah! It's easy to talk trash and hide behind your cloak of anonymity in these forums.

[/QUOTE]

GRONK IS A BUST... AS BUFFOON COLLEGE IS ON  THE HARDWOOD SOFT!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]

"I honestly believed that once the school removed the uncertainty surrounding Kevin Ollie, this team would falter. After all, the Huskies have no postseason to play for, so I figured they could use all the incentive they could get. Apparently, pride is enough, because on Saturday the Huskies did what few teams do -- beat Notre Dame at the Joyce Center. The Irish have lost just twice there in their last 48 games. (Ironically, both losses came against UConn.) The Huskies got another stellar performance from their backcourt duo of Ryan Boatright and Shabazz Napier (33 points combined), an overall Glue Guy effort from DeAndre Daniels (eight points, nine rebounds), and some tough defense by junior forward Tyler Olander, who bumped  Notre Dame center Jack Cooley all game long. UConn also defeated DePaul by 21 points on Tuesday, and it has a huge game at home Monday night against Louisville. "

[/QUOTE]
    Zeeroh, nobody cares about Yukon except you and Donnnn, and we haven't heard from him in months (unless you're really him!). Yukon banned from postseason in 2013 due to poor academic standing! DOH! They have as many players from Germany (3) as they do from Connecticut. They have to go out of the country to upgrade their academics. What a rip-off of the taxpaying citizens of Connecticut.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailman2. Show sailman2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Zeeroh, nobody cares about Yukon except you and Donnnn, and we haven't heard from him in months (unless you're really him!). Yukon banned from postseason in 2013 due to poor academic standing! DOH! They have as many players from Germany (3) as they do from Connecticut. They have to go out of the country to upgrade their academics. What a rip-off of the taxpaying citizens of Connecticut.

[/QUOTE]

You've been on the blog all day, do you Work???

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailman2. Show sailman2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The Minutemen were picked to finish 5th in conference.   Sure we were hoping for an NCAA bid this season.  And it's still achievable.  They have to play better.  The last couple of games, even though they lost vs SLU, provide a glimmer of hope.  

SLU is a valid top 25 team, and UMass held their own on the road against them.  They beat an Ohio team, on the road, that returned everyone from a Sweet 16 team.  So I don't know where you get this notion that they are frauds from.  They've been sloppy, that's the only thing I can agree on.  

If the Minutemen are resigned to an NIT bid again, that will be a minor disappointment rather than a major shock.   I don't know what the current rules are, they change often,  but whatever they are,  no team with a 6-10 conference record, from any conference, is going to the NIT. 

A .500 record in a deeper than usual A10, and an NIT bid, is not what we want, but better than the alternatives.   Dumping coaches every couple of years in a panic, gets you nowhere, and this isn't exactly the most attractive job around.   Giving Kellogg an extended look is the right move.  He continues to learn and the program gains some stability and an identity to build on top off.  If it doesn't produce an NCAA performance soon enough for you then go find another team, we don't need you.

[/QUOTE]
    Actually, 6-10 could get into the NIT. Last year Minnesota was 6-12 in the Big 10, 19-15 overall. They not only got in but made it to the finals and lost to Stanford.

[/QUOTE]

Give it a break the Minutemen are going nowhere with that wretched coach Derek Kellogg.  A $150,000/year over paid State hack!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailman2. Show sailman2's posts

In response to postingking's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Need to love the Critics' Choice Awards; The thing we call critics are not really reviewers, they are not really critics. They don't have the discipline to write what we would term as critique - it's really just reviewers, nothing original but critique.

[/QUOTE]

I guess this is directed to 1948 with his inability to find leaderships skills at his either his place of employment or his residence?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailman2. Show sailman2's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Big Monday game at UCONN with the Louisville Cardinals' with Rick Pitino in town should determine how good UCONN can measure up to a strong power game.

Could you imagine our lilly white weed wackers from Chestnut Hill playing Louisville? 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]

Kevin Ollie has done really well.  While I'm a UMass guy, I'm also a big fan of New England BB, so it's good to see him succeed.  

[/QUOTE]
    Slim, remember the Colonial Classic? That's why we need to revive some kind of NE tournament, including BC (sorry, bashers, but you have to include the Eagles), UMass, and 2 other teams from another state. Indiana/Butler. Stanford/UCLA. Washington/Gonzaga. Texas/Baylor. Or even better Ohio State/Cincinatti, etc. You get the idea.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redbarchetta88. Show redbarchetta88's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It would be disappointing if UMass plays in as many NCAA Tournament games as UConn over the next two season.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Big Monday game at UCONN with the Louisville Cardinals' with Rick Pitino in town should determine how good UCONN can measure up to a strong power game.

Could you imagine our lilly white weed wackers from Chestnut Hill playing Louisville? 

[/QUOTE]
    Louisville 73 Yukon 58 (Not that close). Louisville's only loss to ACC Cupcake Duke.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Louisville 73 Yukon 58 (Not that close). Louisville's only loss to ACC Cupcake Duke.

[/QUOTE]

Now go back to Brockton High home room!

Sections
Shortcuts