Let's evaluate the BC bb team & Coach Donahue

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bc64jg. Show bc64jg's posts

Let's evaluate the BC bb team & Coach Donahue

The BC basketball team got destroyed by 29 today by a 3-10 ACC record Wake Forest team.  That's the same team we lost to by 15 at home earlier in the season.
    Wake shot 55% and that doesn't show much improvement on the defensive side.  Playing defense is just wanting it more than the other guy - it's hustle and working to get in position.  It has nothing to do with talent or muscle - it's just about working and this team either doesn't have it or doesn't want to do it.
    Offensively, the team has been weak (except for 1 game) all year.  Now the question is "Did Wake do to us today what we did to FSU a few weeks ago?  Shoot out of their minds on offense and play enough defense to get BC to quit?"
    I didn't see the game so I can't answer the question but I'm not seeing the improvement I hoped off, the improvement I said was so important in evaluating Coach Donahue. Not on offense not on defense and definitely not in the coaching.  They're not really freshman anymore and by now I had really hoped for more than a 29 point loss to team that's pretty bad as well.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

Re: Let's evaluate the BC bb team & Coach Donahue

In Response to Let's evaluate the BC bb team & Coach Donahue:
    The BC basketball team got destroyed by 29 today by a 3-10 ACC record Wake Forest team.  That's the same team we lost to by 15 at home earlier in the season. Wake shot 55% and that doesn't show much improvement on the defensive side.  Playing defense is just wanting it more than the other guy - it's hustle and working to get in position.  It has nothing to do with talent or muscle - it's just about working and this team either doesn't have it or doesn't want to do it. Offensively, the team has been weak (except for 1 game) all year.  Now the question is "Did Wake do to us today what we did to FSU a few weeks ago?  Shoot out of their minds on offense and play enough defense to get BC to quit?" I didn't see the game so I can't answer the question but I'm not seeing the improvement I hoped off, the improvement I said was so important in evaluating Coach Donahue. Not on offense not on defense and definitely not in the coaching.  They're not really freshman anymore and by now I had really hoped for more than a 29 point loss to team that's pretty bad as well.  
    Posted by bc64jg

I didn't see the game either (thankfully) and I'm wondering who will become the leader on this team. The defense has been particularly disappointing, because it comes down to effort. I'm going to the U-Miami game next Saturday, and hoping for a better performance, because Miami is a good team with a chance to make the Tournament. Leadership has to come from the backcourt, and they haven't had that yet. Daniels has shown flashes, but he's small and no Michael Adams. Donahue has to recruit, bottom line.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

In Response to Re: Let's evaluate the BC bb team & Coach Donahue:
    In Response to Let's evaluate the BC bb team & Coach Donahue : I didn't see the game either (thankfully) and I'm wondering who will become the leader on this team. The defense has been particularly disappointing, because it comes down to effort. I'm going to the U-Miami game next Saturday, and hoping for a better performance, because Miami is a good team with a chance to make the Tournament. Leadership has to come from the backcourt, and they haven't had that yet. Daniels has shown flashes, but he's small and no Michael Adams. Donahue has to recruit, bottom line.
    Posted by indians1948

If you didn't see the game why comment and futher demonstrate your total ignorance fool?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

In Response to Re: Let's evaluate the BC bb team & Coach Donahue : If you didn't see the game why comment and futher demonstrate your total ignorance fool?
    Posted by UofNDKing

I'm certain you don't see any of the games you comment on and even if you do, you are still an ignorant fool

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bc64jg. Show bc64jg's posts

In Response to Re: Let's evaluate the BC bb team & Coach Donahue : If you didn't see the game why comment and futher demonstrate your total ignorance fool?
    Posted by UofNDKing

Yes - why comment and demonstrate your total ignorance fool?  That's something we've all wondered for quite some time.  I live in Illinois and know a lot of ND people.  Most are quite proud of their school and are good and kind people.  In other words they have qualities you will probably never possess.      

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

In Response to Re: Let's evaluate the BC bb team & Coach Donahue : Yes - why comment and demonstrate your total ignorance fool?  That's something we've all wondered for quite some time.  I live in Illinois and know a lot of ND people.  Most are quite proud of their school and are good and kind people.  In other words they have qualities you will probably never possess.      
    Posted by bc64jg

ND.queen didn't go to Notre Dame, s/he just likes to pose as a high roller with any winning team.  S/he probably has the old Maddux Atlanta Braves hats, the Edmonton Oilers Gretsky shirts, the old Celtics green,Laker purple and on and on. No need to worry about the contributions from a flaming rock-thrower 12 yr old mentality. It's good entertainment if nothing else.

As for the evaluation of the team, yes, disappointing but Donahue predicted many painfull lessons for the season.  Next year he'll be expected to bring the team to .500 or slightly over.  I think that will be a better time to eval.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bc64jg. Show bc64jg's posts

In Response to Re: Let's evaluate the BC bb team & Coach Donahue : The last word clone makes me wonder where your keyboad is stashed? Behind Screen names' couch? Screen name posts, BC troll answers? Suspicious? Conspiracy Theory?
    Posted by whr

Only a true wordsmith could have unraveled my identity based on one word.  Unfortunately, as your previous 596 posts give ample proof - you are not a wordsmith.  The best I can say is you are clever only in your own half functioning mind. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

Good to see those southern baptist boys beat up on some good ol' Irish lads close to St. Paddy's Day ... makes you smile all over; Baptists 2, and Guiness 0 this year!
    Posted by whr

Ode to WHR

A golfer called WHR,
    Whose English was well below par,
    Loved trashing BC
    Un-gram-mat-ic-al-ly,
    His postings are truly bizarre.                                  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhiggs. Show jhiggs's posts

Instead of evaluating Donahue we should evaluate DeFloppo the AD who hired him and the football coach. OK, ready to evaluate DeFloppo. FIRE HIM

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Any more topics, or is BC season finally come to a conclusion? But Miami awaits, on the bubble, destroyed FSU, and await MO's boyfriends at the U.

Must people go to Miami for South Beach, MO goes to attend a worthless BC game with his sweet friends trying to impress his other half on BC's prow less at 8-20!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

In Response to Re: Let's evaluate the BC bb team & Coach Donahue : Yes - why comment and demonstrate your total ignorance fool?  That's something we've all wondered for quite some time.  I live in Illinois and know a lot of ND people.  Most are quite proud of their school and are good and kind people.  In other words they have qualities you will probably never possess.      
    Posted by bc64jg

WOW you're my Hero you lived in Arlington Heights or, is it Rosemont? Another Northwestern, or UCHICAGO Maroon reject coming for that all time parochial education with the stellar athletic program.  Sorry DORK, you missed out, should have stuck with the academics in Rosemont!

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Too early to tell on all of this.  Listen, we are never going to get the freshman that come in and excel right away.  It's just not the type of player we will ever get.  Personally I think these frosh have played better than expected considering there isn't one single upper classman to help lead the way. 

As it stands now, I am happy with this season.  It went better than I thought.  However the key is next season and the season after that.  Those will tell the tale of how Steve D is doing.

Losing by 29 to Wake doesn't matter other than being another learning experience.  It shouldn't have happened for sure, but to use it as a longer view judge of how the team stands doesn't work.

Sit back, relax and wait to see how this plays out.  Don't delcare a winner/loser in the 2nd inning, it makes you look silly.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

In Response to Let's evaluate the BC bb team & Coach Donahue : Unlike some who care to voice their uninformed opinions, I watched the game and quite simply it's about talent and coaching.  Donahue is an ok coach but not a great coach.  let's not forget why he was successful in the IVY league, he had a 7 footer FALL into his lap (foote was an afterthought and transfer from St. Bonnies) and he rode the big man into the NCAA tourney.  I'm not so sure Donahue is more luck than skill. But as I've said, this team really has no ACC talent (minus 1).  Not one of these guys on BC (Clifford outstanding and had a bad shooting game) should be playing on a national stage like the ACC.  Of course a few may score because someone has to but the BC roster is better equipped to handle the nightly struggles of the A10 and not the ACC. When 2 bad teams play (Wake is awful) it should be close but 1 bad team has to win but for a bad team in Wake to beat BC by 30 makes me wonder what BC is even doing.  An ACC embarassment and a continual doormat for other ACC teams.
    Posted by Donnnn

I'm curious why you would waste your time at home watching a game between two terrible teams. But now that you're back at "work" with access to a computer, you'll have plenty of time to catch up on your bashing.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

In Response to Re: Let's evaluate the BC bb team & Coach Donahue : I'm even more curious why YOU would make comments without even watching the game?  However, as you have proven in the past you often make comments without the whole story or even any knowledge on the subject. 
    Posted by Donnnn

OK, I have another question for you even though you haven't answered my first one. Are you actually saying that it's not possible to comment about a game unless you've seen it? Isn't that why other media exists? So in your opinion, you can't read a game summary/story/box score and then comment about the game? That seems a bit extreme, even for you.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

In Response to Re: Let's evaluate the BC bb team & Coach Donahue : you mentioned "defense" and "leadership" which last I checked did NOT show up on box score.  It is like me commenting on BC field hockey which I have never seen a game and shouldn't voice an uninformed opinion.  But that obviously doesn't stop you.   Some box scores can be deceiving such as when a game looks closer than it really was but somehow you have this gift to analyze teams through box scores.  Seriously Indians, you should be a scout with this gift.  No more game tape needed, just bring in Indians1948 (aka Good Will Hunting of basektball) and let him read the box scores only for a FULL comprehensive scouting report!  
    Posted by Donnnn

I believe I said game summary/recap/box score, not just box score, but read and believe what you want. As for lack of defense, when they give up 89 points to Wake along with 55% shooting, I think it's reasonable to conclude that their defense wasn't great. As far as leadership, my statement was "I'm wondering who will become the leader on this team," obviously not something that shows up in a box score. Finally, it's difficult to take anyone seriously who begins statements with "Seriously."

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Indians, let it go.  Donna isn't worth your time.  He's a loser, he has zero knowledge of sports, he hates BC and no matter what will bash them and on top of that seems to have some anger issues which causes him to be a high class aho*e.

You wouldn't deal with someone like this in real life (hence why most of his life as a uconn fan is spent yelling at BC fans) so why deal with him here.  He has nothing of any value to say and you can't debate with him because he doesnt' have the ability to have an adult back n forth that makes sense.  So stop trying, you'll be better off for it.  Seriously, the guy, like he tried to do to me, is "responding" to your post by telling you not to "respond"....I mean, that's so bonkers, it's not worth talking to....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Wonder if we'll see the old cut n paste moves of NDQueen about the ND-Gtown game???? 

Sections
Shortcuts