Longputter Impales Self with Flatstick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailboat. Show sailboat's posts

Longputter Impales Self with Flatstick

The self-proclaimed genius Longputter couldn't face the reality that his condemnation of all things BC, especially the school's huge mistake to leave the vaunted Big East Conference, has proven to be, shall we say, incorrect.  BC is solidly ensconced  in the ACC, and now Big East schools are scrambling for lifejackets and admission to that same ACC.  Just check the blogs of the BE schools' fans - they're blaming BE management in Providence and even Jim Boeheim on WFAN radkio today blamed Notre Dame (no! not Notre Dame!) for never joining the conference for football,precipitating the conference's demise.  It sounds like a case study of orgnaization mismanagement, where in name you have a conference of equals, but in fact some members are more equal than others.  The slogan of the Big East (with apologies to the Three Stooges): "All for one , one for all, every man for himself!" 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Re: Longputter Impales Self with Flatstick

Huh???

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

I hope the honorable Dave Gavitt passed without knowing of the cluster that has become of the Big East.  It's not really one person's fault.  It's a combination of big schools fueled by the chase for the declining dollar.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"The slogan of the Big East (with apologies to the Three Stooges): "All for one , one for all, every man for himself!"

Priceless!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Why the huh LP?  What he is saying is that despite all your ranting and raving on how BC should have never left the BE, the BE is dying and it looks like it was the smart move afterall.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"UConn president Susan Herbst was not attending the meeting, sources told ESPN's Joe Schad, as the school focuses on lobbying for entry to the ACC. Herbst was expected to send a school official to the meeting as the representative.

A source with direct knowledge of the meeting told ESPN.com's Andy Katz that UConn didn't commit to remain in the league and is still actively pursuing membership in the ACC.

But the source said that with the Big 12 likely staying together at least nine schools other than the Huskies may have to wait for the ACC to decide if it will act on adding two more schools from its recent jump to 14, with the addition of Big East members Pitt and Syracuse."

[snip]

"The ACC is the preferred place for (Connecticut)," the source said. "That hasn't changed."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailboat. Show sailboat's posts

Apparently the flatulent LP has been left speechless.  On a related note, word is the Newer Big East is putting together a marketing campaign to find additonal football schools and is attempting to select an appropriate theme song.  Among the possibilities: "Happy Together", "Gee It's Good To Be Back Home Again", "We Are Family", "Stuck in the Middle With You".  For the next 3 seasons, Big East tournaments will be the equivalent of dysfunctional family Thanksgiving dinners, with Pitt, Syracuse, WVU and UConn banished to eating leftovers at the kitchen table and ND at the head of the dining room table ordering everyone else around, getting first dibs at everything and second helpings.  Happy Holiday!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

In Response to Longputter Impales Self with Flatstick:
    The self-proclaimed genius Longputter couldn't face the reality that his condemnation of all things BC, especially the school's huge mistake to leave the vaunted Big East Conference, has proven to be, shall we say, incorrect.  BC is solidly ensconced  in the ACC, and now Big East schools are scrambling for lifejackets and admission to that same ACC.  Just check the blogs of the BE schools' fans - they're blaming BE management in Providence and even Jim Boeheim on WFAN radkio today blamed Notre Dame (no! not Notre Dame!) for never joining the conference for football,precipitating the conference's demise.  It sounds like a case study of orgnaization mismanagement, where in name you have a conference of equals, but in fact some members are more equal than others.  The slogan of the Big East (with apologies to the Three Stooges): "All for one , one for all, every man for himself!" 
    Posted by sailboat

BC should take a good look in the mirror and start assessing their 0-3 football program, which is going down the crapper in the ACC, instead of worrying about other collegiate programs. Shifting your dicussions on forthcoming ACC entries signifies most dead beats have lost interest in what SPAZZO has put forward in his 3rd season as a total JOKE in 2011! 

DOES BC REALLY WANT US IN THE ACC IN BASKETBALL?

Jim Calhoun

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

NO they do not and will do everything they can to ensure that UCONN is left wandering in the wilderness

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

PROMO,

I confess.

If a priest pulling a Benedict Arnold routine on the BE in 2004 is considered a "smart move", then I guess I'm all wrong in believing that principle should matter at my nominally Catholic alma mater.

Peace

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailboat. Show sailboat's posts

It took LP 2 days to come up with a response after his initial "huh?", which was what he said when he impaled himself.  Benedict Arnold? Really?  John Maynard Keynes said "when the facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do sir?" BC and every other BE school saw the future when Miami left.  Syracuse was leaving  too, but VA politics inserted VaTech in their place.  Now Pitt and Syracuse totally blindside every other BE member.  In LP's world BC should find itself like the remaining BE schools, in a panic to find a place to land.  RU, UConn, WV, Louisville are all looking for another home rather than remain and try to secure the future of the BE. And don't say BC caused the fall of the BE.  In the same breath you belittle BC's relevancy in football.  How can someone who's irrelevant do anything but have a positive impact on a conference by leaving? And I'm not saying BC is irrelevant, you and all the UConnvists are.  Yet BC's leaders, smart Jesuits that they are, saw the future and did what was best for BC.  Just as ND does what's best for ND, everyone else be damned (ND is a conference member when it's financially beneficial for ND; when it's financially better to be independant, who needs a conference).   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

sailboat (aka Gatzie et al):

You missed my point.

Jim Calhoun said it best at the time: "I don't care that they left. I care HOW they left."

If Dear Leader had from the outset been made known his intent to leave, instead of all this persiflage about making the BE the best conference in the nation while he was negotiating in secret with the ACC, that would have been the honorable course.

But, how foolish of me to expect the head of my alma mater to act honorably.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 82ndAB. Show 82ndAB's posts

Sailboat a/k/a/ Gattzzie ... let's see pay $53,000 vs. $18,000 a year and your sons and daughters get to see UMASS on the field, and off the field perform more consistantly .... a no brainer!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 82ndAB. Show 82ndAB's posts

In Response to Re: Longputter Impales Self with Flatstick:
    Why the huh LP?  What he is saying is that despite all your ranting and raving on how BC should have never left the BE, the BE is dying and it looks like it was the smart move afterall.
    Posted by momort

ramping up your posts provpats?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailboat. Show sailboat's posts

LP quotes Calhoun, the clown prince of boorishness, the man who was reprimanded by the NCAA?  That man has no clue what reality is.  He lost scholarships and found his team penalized.  He is in denial that he did anything wrong. How BC left was fine. Mythology propagated by the remaining schools in the BE is not reality.  And the Pitt chancellor has certainly acquitted himself after his nonsense statement in 2004.  BC had said it was leaving its options open in 2004.  Pitt and Syracuse completely blindsided their fellow BE members. LP hates BC and his repeating mile-long verbal response  thread is representative of someone sorely in need of attention.  Grow up, old man, wake up to the real world, and get a life, you loser!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

You missed my point. Jim Calhoun said it best at the time: "I don't care that they left. I care HOW they left." instead of all this persiflage about making the BE the best conference in the nationwhile he was negotiating in secret with the ACC, that would have been the honorable course. But, how foolish of me to expect the head of my alma mater to act honorably. Posted by Longputter

Honorably ? Like recruiting violations done so blatantly kinda "honorable". Gene D saw the future and acted. Now the honorable mighty Jim would do anything to join the better conference.

If Gene D had decided to not help make your beloved alma mater a better school with better facilities, more money. He would be stuck in a conference that will not exist next year, back to being an independent or even worse in the Patriot League.

Keep the lobs coming LP you are a funny guy!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

sailboat (a/k/a San Dog Brewin/Gatzie,ScreenNameGoesHere et al)

Son,

You continue to ignore the crux of this.

Don't matter whether Coach Calhoun or Mother Teresa said it.

What matters is the CONTENT of the message: DECEPTION by a priest!

Care to tackle that one?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

San Doggy Dog a/k/a muliti ids ... are we through with your rants on BC football?

Jim Calhoun

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

. What matters is the CONTENT of the message: DECEPTION by a priest! Care to tackle that one? Posted by Longputter

LP, I can't answer for your favorite priest nor can you tell me that Gene D didn't do the negotiating with the ACC commissioner with or without Leahy neither can you. My thoughts are that Leahy said go for it if you think it will bring the Athletic Department to the next level. Matty Ice would not of come here, Skinner wouldn't have gotten to that high of a record when he got ripped off by the refs in the Villanova game and how many BC fall teams are ranked in the top 20 right now ? Better athletes because of a bold move!

Now with the Big East dissolving, some will go to the ACC, some will go to the MAC maybe or maybe the Patriot League as well. The facts are that Gene D made the smart move because he wanted Boston College athletics to get better and he was right, the Eagles were stagnating in the Big Least.

How many schools in the Big 12 right now wished they had done what BC did years ago ?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

sailboat (a/k/a San Dog Brewin/Gatzie,ScreenNameGoesHere et al) Son, You continue to ignore the crux of this. Don't matter whether Coach Calhoun or Mother Teresa said it. What matters is the CONTENT of the message: DECEPTION by a priest! Care to tackle that one?
    Posted by Longputter

You are holding BC to a higher standard when all of these schools are making moves based soley on the holy dollar.  Did BC do it the right way?  No, but neither has any of these other schools.  All these schools are scum, the NCAA is corrupt, it's just the way it is.  You hate BC for whatever reason and thus twist every single event into something that BC does wrong.  We get it.  You are so boring.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

PROMO and Gatzie,

You boys STILL don't get it, do you?

Can't bring yourselves to admit the truth: your hero and the truth intersect only when convenient for the former. 

Otherwise, truth is an expendable commodity.

Peace.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

sailboat (aka Gatzie et al): You missed my point. Jim Calhoun said it best at the time: "I don't care that they left. I care HOW they left." If Dear Leader had from the outset been made known his intent to leave, instead of all this persiflage about making the BE the best conference in the nation while he was negotiating in secret with the ACC, that would have been the honorable course. But, how foolish of me to expect the head of my alma mater to act honorably.
    Posted by Longputter

I'm wasting my time replying to any of putters posts but here goes anyway.
    Here is a direct quote from the big east meeting minutes on July 9, 2003. This is less than 2 weeks after the ACC did not accept BC as a member.

"Bill Leahy indicates that he never felt the Big East had a commitment to excellence and, further it had difficulty in balancing the basketball/football issues. If people within the room at some point feel uncomfortable about the direction of the league and, secondly, is presented with an attractive alternative, they would pay the $5M penalty and give the 27-month notice"

Please tell me what in that statment implies that BC was commited to staying in the big east. Please tell me what in the statement would lead any intelligent person to conclude that BC was happy with the big east and had no intention of leaving. Please tell me where the deception and lie is. Sounds to me like a clear statement from someone who is intending to leave at the first opportunity

In October of 2003 BC was STILL unhappy with the big east and they were presented with that attractive alternative - the ACC

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Gatzie.

Once again you err.

The statement about making the BE the best conf in the nation came later.

Do you DENY that Leahy and/or Flippo said that?

Peace

Sections
Shortcuts