Longputter Impales Self with Flatstick

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

Re: Longputter Impales Self with Flatstick

In Response to Re: Longputter Impales Self with Flatstick:
    [QUOTE]Gatzie. Once again you err. The statement about making the BE the best conf in the nation came later. Do you DENY that Leahy and/or Flippo said that? Peace
    Posted by Longputter[/QUOTE]

More wasted time and effort on my part.

I'm going to assume you are responding to me but I can assure you that I am not gatz or provpats or momort or anyone else. But as always believe whatever fantasy fits your bizarre agenda.

The statement you refer to was from August of 2003 when the ACC was negotiating with the NCAA to allow a title game for the ACC even though the ACC didn't have the required 12 teams. At the time BC was "stuck" in the big east.
    Any person with a postive outlook would work to make the best out of a bad situation. And at the time, since BC was stuck in the big east with no prospects to move anywhere else, that's exactly what they were prepared to do - make the best out of a bad situation.
    When the NCAA refused to give the ACC a title game without 12 teams, the ACC reconsidered and offered BC a 2nd time and this time the votes were there.

If you really believe there were secret back room negotiations going on, please provide some solid proof. Just because YOU post something here does not make it the truth

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

In Response to Re: Longputter Impales Self with Flatstick:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Longputter Impales Self with Flatstick : Your facts are twisted PROVPATS... again please stick to one id. If your wasting your time why do you come back and continuously make an *HOLE out of yourself?
    Posted by whr[/QUOTE]

COMMUNITY COLLEGE GOLF REJECT - you are amazingly dumb

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailman2. Show sailman2's posts

the voice of reason here screen name commenting on a community college when his GED was revoked!  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle79. Show Eagle79's posts

All,

I had put LP on ignore except for December 23rd of every year when Festivus is celebrated and we need a public "airing of the grievances".  However, I just had to see what he had to say about the ACC and BE changes of recent.  Did he actually impale himself?

He is still off on some frolic or banter all his own blaming BC for lying when they left the BE.  Yet people have posted the links from the BE meetings and the actual statements.  Not sure why he does not recognize those minutes or for some reason ignores that VT and Miami left also.

Regardless, the trouble with the BE is that there is a major split between the basketball schools and those that also have a football program.  The teams that are leaving are acknowledging that split and leaving to a conference that have both sports.  It is also why Rutgers and UConn are looking to leave.

Additionally, while it is in the best interest of ND to remain independent due to their TV contract, it is one of the reasons for the split.  Teams want to join conferences where there is shared revenue and shared responsibility.  The PAC-12 did not accept Texas because they have an independent contract.

And so it goes, LP can continue to blame BC for leaving and not acknowledge the minutes to the BE meeting where BC said they were not happy.  This is a direct sign that they were investigating other options that were in their best interest.  Just like ND . . . and Syracuse . . . and Pitt.

Now a large chunk of the traditional rivals that LP says we need to schedule will be back on BC's schedule.  While LP may long for the old days, many of the traditional rivals of BC have dropped their programs or de-emphasized them.  Those would include Villanova, Holy Cross, Fordham, Georgetown and others.  Schools that dropped their D1 football programs.

BC is in a different place than they were 40 years ago and so are the other schools.  As Wayne Gretsky said when asked why he plays well, "I go to where the puck is going to be".  As a hockey school BC understands what that means. Regardless of what the other rock throwers say, it has been good for the school and its continually improving reputation.

Sorry for the interuption . . . now LP is back on ignore until December 23rd when I open him back up for an airing of the grievances.  By then his signature will have grown further but his tantrums will be in an echo chamber where only he can hear himself complain.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Nice analysis Eagle79 loaded with bias and goes way beyond fact. What you seem to omit is BC football for the past four years is at best medicore. No matter what conference we discuss, BC will always be the whipping boy for upper tier football programs. With Flippo and and Spazzo at the helm, BC is a bridesmaid in the any of the aforementioned conferences always dwelling at very the bottom.

Notre Dame football analysis: Significant questions facing Irish

7. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts