MA Football Recruits And BC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fukowi. Show Fukowi's posts

MA Football Recruits And BC

Picked this up from another site. Not sure if its laziness as oppossed to something else.  More likely due to losing record at BC and view that tenure of coaching staff will be short lived.  Would appreciate any observations by people in the local HS coaching fraternity.

"The (BC) coaches are too lazy to even recruit in their own state.

2012 Prospect Ranking
    Rivals.com Massachusetts Postseason Top 10 2012
    View Results on Map »Last updated on 12/9/11
    Rank Name Location Stars Ht Wt School

#1 Camren Williams LB West Roxbury, MA Catholic Memorial
    4 stars 6'2" 215 Ohio St.

#2 Armani Reeves DB West Roxbury, MA Catholic Memorial
    4 stars 5'9" 185 Penn St.

#3 Abner Logan LB Brookline, MA Dexter
    4 stars 6'1" 212 Maryland

#4 Canaan Severin ATH Worcester, MA Worcester Academy
    4 stars 6'3" 215 Virginia

#5 Eric Olson OL Cambridge, MA Buckingham Browne & Nichols
    3 stars 6'6" 265 Northwestern

#6 Jason Sylva LB Plymouth, MA Tabor Academy
    3 stars 6'2" 245 Connecticut

#7 Tim Joy LB North Chelmsford, MA Chelmsford
    3 stars 6'2" 215 Boston Coll.

#8 Obi Melifonwu DB Grafton, MA Grafton Memorial
    3 stars 6'4" 195 Connecticut

#9 A.J. Doyle QB West Roxbury, MA Catholic Memorial
    3 stars 6'3" 226 UMass

#10 Donovan Henry DB West Roxbury, MA Catholic Memorial Boston Coll."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bodacious. Show bodacious's posts

Re: MA Football Recruits And BC

Great post. I doubt the Boston College staff is "lazy'. I think Boston College football is not considered a great program, therefore, the best athletes don't stay "home". I have defended this  staff and I feel the 2012 team will be much better than the past two seasons. Having said that, I agree that unless they recruit better soon, the Spaziani years are soon to be over. Williams, Reeves and Logan are good enough to play anywhere.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Minutemen429. Show Minutemen429's posts

I think its partly cultural, college football isn't as popular in Massachusetts/New England as the rest of the country.  So there are fewer local kids with a favorite college football team that they dream of going to, which results in the local recruits tending to get spread across the country more than other regions.

Just a theory though, FWIW.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedBaron. Show RedBaron's posts

I agree that BC has had a very poor year in recruiting and that includes the in-state kids. However, this has not been the case in the past. The past two years, BC did exceptionally well recruiting the local kids - five each year. Not sure why they missed out on the locals this year - perhaps because of their poor year. If this is the case, all it will take is a good showing this coming year and the local recruits should be back in tow.  Here's some quotes regarding the 2011 recruitment class and about Massachusetts recruits in particular. So hopefully the class of 2012 is just an anomaly:

(SB Nation - Boston)

The five recruits matches the total of in-state players BC signed last season, which is the most since 2006. In all, since 2002, a total of 36 players have decided to stay at home and play for the Eagles. 

(BC Interruption)
    Over the last two classes, Spaz has signed 10 recruits from the state. That's the highest two-year total of recruits from Massachusetts in the last ten years.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

In Response to Re: MA Football Recruits And BC:
    [QUOTE]Good post! Saw Joy from Chelmsford play BC High two times this year, once at Chelmsford, the other at Cawley Stadium, Lowell for the MIAA tie breaker.  BC High trounced Chelmsford by big margins both games, and eliminated them from the Super Bowl. The Brockton Boxers also embarrassed Joy pretty bad, as his performance was terrible.  The Merrimack Valley Conference is a sham as Andover, and Chelmsford dominate, with Central Catholic add -in minor competition. When all three schools get out of their conference there pathetic.   BTW, Joy is no *** stars bro. inform the Boxers of Brockton, and you'll get a chuckle!
    Posted by whr[/QUOTE]

What????????
    When was the last time Chelmsford played Brockton?
    Why do you make this crap up?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

While it would be nice to keep the best Mass players at BC, if we are counting on Mass talent to succeed we are in deep trouble....While Tom OB drove me crazy for many reasons, he knew what he was doing in recruiting hard in the Mid Atlantic, where some actual football talent is.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fukowi. Show Fukowi's posts

Add another to the list.  BC offerred Jamieson McShea, TE, BC High, Cotuit after their best prospect out of Ohio recently decommitted.  McShea turned down BC in favor of football at Harvard.  I understand BC is now going pretty heavily after a couple of guys with offers from Mass Maritime and Colby. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

"Use knows" (BC slang) these forums are getting "wicked" (BC slang) bad for our BC "trolls", when MIAA football, our beloved, and the most pathetic High School program in the USA becomes the topic!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MA Football Recruits And BC : Chelmsford has played Brockton a total of 4 times troll, or foot in mouth moron! CHS has scheduled Brockton when it departs the Merrimack Valley Conference with Andover to the expanded Dual County MIAA. Think before you post moron and shake hands with Chelsea buddy Mary Palm Morfart!
    Posted by whr[/QUOTE]

You are absolutely full of ****
    Here's a link (left hand side, "Prev Seasons") where you can find Brockton's schedule going back to 2004 and Chelmsford is nowhere to be found
    http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/brockton-boxers-(brockton,ma)/football/home.htm

And here's a link that shows the schedule all the way back to 1897! And guess what?
    Chelmsford shows up only once in 1995
    http://www.brocktonpublicschools.com/uploaded/Athletics/football-every-game-score.xls

To summarize your idiocy
    YOU SAID -"The Brockton Boxers also embarrassed Joy pretty bad..."
    FACT - IT NEVER HAPPENED!

YOU SAID - "Chelmsford has played Brockton a total of 4 times"
    FACT - ONLY ONCE, LONG BEFORE HE WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL

It's bad enough you spill your brainless, opinionated crap all over this board, but when you make up "facts" you won't get away with it

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MA Football Recruits And BC : You are absolutely full of **** Here's a link (left hand side, "Prev Seasons") where you can find Brockton's schedule going back to 2004 and Chelmsford is nowhere to be found http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/brockton-boxers-(brockton,ma)/football/home.htm And here's a link that shows the schedule all the way back to 1897! And guess what? Chelmsford shows up only once in 1995 http://www.brocktonpublicschools.com/uploaded/Athletics/football-every-game-score.xls To summarize your idiocy YOU SAID -"The Brockton Boxers also embarrassed Joy pretty bad..." FACT - IT NEVER HAPPENED! YOU SAID - "Chelmsford has played Brockton a total of 4 times" FACT - ONLY ONCE, LONG BEFORE HE WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL It's bad enough you spill your brainless, opinionated crap all over this board, but when you make up "facts" you won't get away with it
    Posted by ScreenNameGoesHere[/QUOTE]

A. BC comes up short at No. 19 Virginia, 66-49

B. Malden Catholic stuns St. John’s

ANS. Stick with Malden Catholic, not BC Basketball 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Would wager on Brockton High beating BC in any sport, including Volleyball!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MA Football Recruits And BC : A. BC comes up short at No. 19 Virginia, 66-49 B. Malden Catholic stuns St. John’s ANS. Stick with Malden Catholic, not BC Basketball 
    Posted by cheeroh[/QUOTE]

Today it's Malden Catholic, St Johns, Duxbury and Brockton
    No mention of Chelsea, Everett, Revere or BHCC for at least a week. What's up with that?

You're better off posting here
    http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=Forum&plckForumId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9681

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LongPotter. Show LongPotter's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MA Football Recruits And BC : Today it's Malden Catholic, St Johns, Duxbury and Brockton No mention of Chelsea, Everett, Revere or BHCC for at least a week. What's up with that? You're better off posting here http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=Forum&plckForumId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9681
    Posted by ScreenNameGoesHere[/QUOTE]

Screenname - you need to just ignore him.

Without a doubt, whr/cheeroh/ndkng and a few others are the same person. I don't know exactly what the issue is but he has some kind of mental disability. 

I don't mean that as an invective, but rather an accurate description of this person.

His emotional and intellectual level is stuck at that of a 12/13 year old even though he is much older. 

He has absolutely polluted these threads with is nonsense and anti-BC rants for all of his multiple logins. There is just something wrong with him and you wouldn't interact with him in the "real world" so you shouldn't interact with him on these threads either.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MA Football Recruits And BC : Screenname - you need to just ignore him. Without a doubt, whr/cheeroh/ndkng and a few others are the same person. I don't know exactly what the issue is but he has some kind of mental disability.  I don't mean that as an invective, but rather an accurate description of this person. His emotional and intellectual level is stuck at that of a 12/13 year old even though he is much older.  He has absolutely polluted these threads with is nonsense and anti-BC rants for all of his multiple logins. There is just something wrong with him and you wouldn't interact with him in the "real world" so you shouldn't interact with him on these threads either.
    Posted by LongPotter[/QUOTE]

It surprises me you mention the term "there's something wrong" in the same vocabulary as whr & screen name, and reference to "real world" when reponding to high school boys in a "be true to your school" rage.

Are you one of these high school bloggers, bored with your XBOX 360 games, and misrepresent yourself as the "other emotional moron"?     

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

PostKing, in a word, you're an idiot.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

[QUOTE]PostKing, in a word, you're an idiot.
    Posted by momort[/QUOTE]

Beauty makes idiots sad and wise men merry; therefore you must be the idiot Mr. Mo?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fukowi. Show Fukowi's posts

I am now reading that Donovan Henry listed above has decommited from BC to run track at Northeastern.  That's the third decommit in the last two weeks.  Yikes.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Doen't surprise me, hopefully in the near future BC will go by the way of Northeastern and decommit it's program. It reeks with ineptness from the players on the field, to the administration.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: MA Football Recruits And BC:[QUOTE]Great post. I doubt the Boston College staff is "lazy'. I think Boston College football is not considered a great program, therefore, the best athletes don't stay "home". I have defended this  staff and I feel the 2012 team will be much better than the past two seasons. Having said that, I agree that unless they recruit better soon, the Spaziani years are soon to be over. Williams, Reeves and Logan are good enough to play anywhere. Posted by bodacious[/QUOTE]

Great post Bo D totally agree here!

PS. Mo I know you've done it before with sailboat and you can do it again LoL. It's like switching from IE explorer to Mozilla to get rid of the advertisements just put them on ignore so you can read the forum in peace brotha.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bodacious. Show bodacious's posts

If a guy decommits to run track, he wasn't going to be much of a football player, was he?