My concern is whether Chase Rettig will stay?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SJS1214. Show SJS1214's posts

1--Third offensive coordinator in 3 years.

Tranquill, Rogers, Brock? 3 Village Idiots!

Maybe a 4th?

Has he developed?

Has he improved?

Is he being tutored and does he have a confidant or QB Coach?

All kids wanna NFL shot and to be Tom Brady?

How does Chase feel?

How do his parents feel?

He has 2 years more. Lotta time to recover from Spazooitis?

Sit out and go to a team with a solid Coaching Staff and Offensive system?

Or?...drop down in class and go to FCS level and play immediately?

2--Our Wide Receivers are so white and so slow, they can get a sunburn in a dense fog?

Shakim Phillips gone.

Do you see any Shake and Bake receivers on our team coming back or more importantly being recruited?

WR's are 90% black skilled athletes, so are most football players???

3--Our Offensive line performance woes and Offensive Line coaching?

Do you think in your last two years you want to play with these no and one star players and get injured and not develop or not be able to have fun and showcase your skills?

We are no longer offensive line U and the coaching for our porous, slow and weak line the past few years being owned and DOMINATED by superior teams is a huge, huge downside and the recruits coming in solve no problems. Our intensity and preparation is poor.

4--What was his feelings about the incident between Rogers and Spazoo?

Did he develop a rapport and friendship?

Strange days at the Heights?

5--What are his friends telling him that no High School stars or top players want to play for Spazoo?

YIKES!

I believe this kid has to think some of what I posted --- or already has figured ---

what am I doing here with these Stooges?

My alma mater Boston College is the greatest University in the Galaxy.

I am sure you can think of more Coaches but if Urban Meyer, Mike Leach or Gus Malzahn is not named BC Coach by the time Mom puts the stuffin in the microwave...

You might want to go see Father Leahy.

The man may be old, he may alleged not care about BC Sports, (I doubt it), he may not go to games, but he will listen. Avoid GDF. He is the source of the disaster and lives in Dante's last ring of hell. This is GDF's CRAPxtstorm.

Father Leahy may be who he is, but the old Jesuit may surprise you and Eagle Nation and roll a circus cannon out on Commonwealth and fire GDF and his 8 years of athletic year contract payoffs with his immature temper and behavior and our Stooge Spazoo right into the Boston's Pearl Harbor.

Best wishes.

Go see Father Leahy.

Save Eagle Nation.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Re: My concern is whether Chase Rettig will stay?

In Response to My concern is whether Chase Rettig will stay?:
    My concern is whether Chase Rettig will stay? 1--Third offensive coordinator in 3 years. Tranquill, Rogers, Brock? 3 Village Idiots! Maybe a 4th? Has he developed? Has he improved? Is he being tutored and does he have a confidant or QB Coach? All kids wanna NFL shot and to be Tom Brady? How does Chase feel? How do his parents feel? He has 2 years more. Lotta time to recover from Spazooitis? Sit out and go to a team with a solid Coaching Staff and Offensive system? Or?...drop down in class and go to FCS level and play immediately? 2--Our Wide Receivers are so white and so slow, they can get a sunburn in a dense fog? Shakim Phillips gone. Do you see any Shake and Bake receivers on our team coming back or more importantly being recruited? WR's are 90% black skilled athletes, so are most football players??? 3--Our Offensive line performance woes and Offensive Line coaching? Do you think in your last two years you want to play with these no and one star players and get injured and not develop or not be able to have fun and showcase your skills? We are no longer offensive line U and the coaching for our porous, slow and weak line the past few years being owned and DOMINATED by superior teams is a huge, huge downside and the recruits coming in solve no problems. Our intensity and preparation is poor. 4--What was his feelings about the incident between Rogers and Spazoo? Did he develop a rapport and friendship? Strange days at the Heights? 5--What are his friends telling him that no High School stars or top players want to play for Spazoo? YIKES! I believe this kid has to think some of what I posted --- or already has figured --- what am I doing here with these Stooges?                         My alma mater Boston College is the greatest University in the Galaxy. I am sure you can think of more Coaches but if Urban Meyer, Mike Leach or Gus Malzahn is not named BC Coach by the time Mom puts the stuffin in the microwave... You might want to go see Father Leahy. The man may be old, he may alleged not care about BC Sports, (I doubt it), he may not go to games, but he will listen. Avoid GDF. He is the source of the disaster and lives in Dante's last ring of hell. This is GDF's CRAPxtstorm. Father Leahy may be who he is, but the old Jesuit may surprise you and Eagle Nation and roll a circus cannon out on Commonwealth and fire GDF and his 8 years of athletic year contract payoffs with his immature temper and behavior and our Stooge Spazoo right into the Boston's Pearl Harbor. Best wishes. Go see Father Leahy. Save Eagle Nation.
    Posted by SJS1214

WHO REALLY CARES??????

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bodacious. Show bodacious's posts

This kid is NOT the real deal...He's not an NFL quarterback..... The OC's are fine... They're conservative  because   of Rettig,,, He needs BC, BC does not need him

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

I'm sure he's working hard and he might work out long term, but in general, I don't think he's a program leading quarterback.  With or without protection, we watch him be inaccurate and indecisive.  His faiure to try and regain a fumble right in front of him against Fla State was inexusable.

I don't know if the team is ready to run the pistol which Bordner looks confortable in, but they definitely appeared more motivated with Bordner in the game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

I disagree trbow.  I don't think we can tell what he is because the rest of the offense is so bad.  The one thing every QB at BC always had was a solid Oline and running game.  He has neither.  Not to mention, he's still only a true soph, so any final judgement on the kid is way way to early. 

My point is, he is not the problem.  The rest of the team and coaches are.  Fix what you know is broken before what may be broken.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

In Response to Re: My concern is whether Chase Rettig will stay?:
    I'm sure he's working hard and he might work out long term, but in general, I don't think he's a program leading quarterback.  With or without protection, we watch him be inaccurate and indecisive.  His faiure to try and regain a fumble right in front of him against Fla State was inexusable. I don't know if the team is ready to run the pistol which Bordner looks confortable in, but they definitely appeared more motivated with Bordner in the game.
    Posted by trbow

It will all be academic after
    Saturday now won't it!

Enjoy!!!!!!

Notre Dame's Ethan Johnson wraps up Tyler Cierski in the first half Saturday night against Maryland.    South Bend Tribune Photo/MARCUS MARTER

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

In Response to Re: My concern is whether Chase Rettig will stay? : It will all be academic after Saturday now won't it! Enjoy!!!!!!
    Posted by UofNDKing

NDqueen, I saw you replied to the thread so I hoped there'd be some substance to your discussion for a change...what a mistake.  What does your scum post have to do with the Rettig discussion?  BC is down this year and will need to rebuild, ND should win handily this weekend, so what's your deal?  Pop tents and hand puppets again all weekend for the entity sometimes known as NDqueen?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cup1938. Show cup1938's posts

chase we will pay your way out of town. you sorry to say are the very worst qb i have seen ever at bc. that goes for over 50 years of watching the team.you have had a season and a half and i see NO improvement.you look and play scared.for people to blame the rest of the team is ridiculous.YOU ARE THE PROBLEM!!! transfer to a loower level team where you can compete!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeeH. Show DeeH's posts

i don't think he's that great and am not particularly concerned about what happens with him, but to respond to above poster, Shinskie was worse.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedBaron. Show RedBaron's posts

Rettig has no reason to leave BC. The only way that he would even consider leaving BC is if he were to lose the starting QB job. Chase is very slowly making steps to improve his game. This past week against NC State was the first game that he had a good completion percentage. He has a good arm, but for most of the year his passes have been off target, he has continuously missed seeing secondary receivers and he has often made bad decisions. With the tight defenses such as Clemson, he seemed to get flustered and was completely off target. I have hope for him, I see him as a slow learner and expect him to continue his improvement for the rest of the year and expect him to be a gem next year. He was superb in the UMass game (I realize that the level of competion made this game easier for him) and other than his one long pass that went up for grabs, his passes were right on target against NC State. If he can continue this, then we have a winner.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bodacious. Show bodacious's posts

H has NOWHRERE TO GO

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from spike7377. Show spike7377's posts

I think he is way overrated. He isn't a playmaker. If he leaves it would be no big deal.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SJS1214. Show SJS1214's posts

True, but he has no head coach or solid offensive coordinator like Alex Smith has now with Harbaugh in SF and many other pro and college cases?

He may not be good, but at BC with Gene "Little Napoleon Coach Flip" De Filippo and House moron stooge Spazoo, now could one ever tell in the last 2 years?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

You cannot judge a true sophmore on a team with no oline or running game?  that's just stupid, ignorant and well very typical of most boston fans....

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

Like I said earlier, he's indecisive and inacurate with or without time.  He should be used to his receivers now.  He should know the plays.  He should know better than to get sacked on a game's final play when all he needed to do was attempt a throw into the end zone.  He should jump on a fumbled loose ball in front of his own goal line when it happens right in front him.  One can't judge him in totallity because he originally looked to have great potential, and because any average fan can see the team has many other weak spots, but one can see these plays, these patterns of behavior, his regression, and the team's quickened pace when Bordner enters. 

And to agree with an earlier post, Shinskie was worse.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Like I said earlier, he's indecisive and inacurate with or without time.  He should be used to his receivers now.  He should know the plays.  He should know better than to get sacked on a game's final play when all he needed to do was attempt a throw into the end zone.  He should jump on a fumbled loose ball in front of his own goal line when it happens right in front him.  One can't judge him in totallity because he originally looked to have great potential, and because any average fan can see the team has many other weak spots, but one can see these plays, these patterns of behavior, his regression, and the team's quickened pace when Bordner enters.  And to agree with an earlier post, Shinskie was worse.
    Posted by trbow

Great recruiting class Spazzo brought in at QB ... Rettig a bust, an old man sucking up the scholarship money on the bench, and another no name coming in at seasons end. Simply MARVALOUS Spazzo no wonder Longputter vacated these rants and the "BC supposes we"  ....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SJS1214. Show SJS1214's posts

Trbow is right.

With this Bordner thing.....You need a Qb who can make the throws.

Tim Tebow is fool's gold, unless his throwing and passing gets way way better week after week?

10 possessions and the offense averaged 7 yards and yet this winning streak continues, but it will be short lived.

Just like Spazoo.

7 more days.

Give Chase some Speed WR's and blocking and then let's talk and since Gene and SPazoo have screwed up recruiting, CR should leave unless we get Urban Meyer.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Ineffective recruiting missed oppotunities will handicap BC for years to come. Bad selections at QB, with this group of nobodies, does not lead BC to the promiseland! All will witness this recruiting ineffectiveness come Saturday against a very good QB, OL, and DL Notre Dame has in South Bend! As Notre Dame brings in four & five star Rivals recruits under Brian Kelly, BC sticks to Catholic prep schools and offers poor athletic venues where an 18 year old says thanks, but no thanks, to football at the Beheads Coaches Institute!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bodacious. Show bodacious's posts

My concern is will Kuechly stay. He's only 20 and most D! stars redshirt to get the 5th year. He's great. but if he stays, BC will have a good defense next year. and he will be a much more mature player.. I don't think he's a  first round pick just yet

Sections
Shortcuts