Next Uconn Coach if/when Calhoun goes

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

Re: Next Uconn Coach if/when Calhoun goes

How about Lavin?  Knows the BE and good recruiter

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Donnn, awfully quiet on Uconn being banned from next years tourney due to such bad academics....

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

In Response to Re: Next Uconn Coach if/when Calhoun goes:
    In Response to Re: Next Uconn Coach if/when Calhoun goes : not much to say...  Kind of a waste of a year and really hurts recruiting if no tourney for Uconn next year.  I get the NCAA should have academic standards but to come up with a formula and then retroactively apply it doesn't seem fair but rather subjective and arbitrary to me.    It would be like the gov't outlawing cigarettes now but then arresting you because you used to smoke 2 years ago.  You or Uconn never had a chance to alter your/their behavior.  A lot of these guys declare early for the NBA and then drop out of Spring classes to get ready for the biggest interviews of their lives.  I don't blame them but for that to be considered "failing" the kid doesn't make sense to me.  I know the APR supposedly adjust for leaving early for the NBA but the APR wants you to be in good academic standing when you leave but as mentioned above, kids drop out once they declare to get ready.  IF Uconn knew this would hurt the APR maybe they would have convinced a kid to stick around.  I mean think about it, Cam Newton's father got paid $200k+ and the NCAA did nothing. Uconn sends too many text messages (see if anything happens to Baylor) and they get the heavy hand.  Boatright gets a $300 plane ticket from a family friend who was also a coach and he gets suspended.   Now the APR makes it look like a uconn witch hunt.
    Posted by Donnnn

I remember when the haters crucified UMASS for the Camby business .... perhaps it's time to just regard college hoops as a business and let everyone do whatever they damn well please and only punish when it becomes a felony.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

In Response to Re: Next Uconn Coach if/when Calhoun goes : not much to say...  Kind of a waste of a year and really hurts recruiting if no tourney for Uconn next year.  I get the NCAA should have academic standards but to come up with a formula and then retroactively apply it doesn't seem fair but rather subjective and arbitrary to me.    It would be like the gov't outlawing cigarettes now but then arresting you because you used to smoke 2 years ago.  You or Uconn never had a chance to alter your/their behavior.  A lot of these guys declare early for the NBA and then drop out of Spring classes to get ready for the biggest interviews of their lives.  I don't blame them but for that to be considered "failing" the kid doesn't make sense to me.  I know the APR supposedly adjust for leaving early for the NBA but the APR wants you to be in good academic standing when you leave but as mentioned above, kids drop out once they declare to get ready.  IF Uconn knew this would hurt the APR maybe they would have convinced a kid to stick around.  I mean think about it, Cam Newton's father got paid $200k+ and the NCAA did nothing. Uconn sends too many text messages (see if anything happens to Baylor) and they get the heavy hand.  Boatright gets a $300 plane ticket from a family friend who was also a coach and he gets suspended.   Now the APR makes it look like a uconn witch hunt.
    Posted by Donnnn

Is there any way a program could be sanctioned in real time? Of course not - you have to look back at the historical record.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

In Response to Re: Next Uconn Coach if/when Calhoun goes : I remember when the haters crucified UMASS for the Camby business .... perhaps it's time to just regard college hoops as a business and let everyone do whatever they damn well please and only punish when it becomes a felony.
    Posted by LOTHAR43

probably the BC turkey's ... with Mat Humphrey leaving, and BC football down the suck tube nothing else put up B. S. on this blog.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

The ship appears to be sinking ... BB players leaving and not much of anybody declaring for Storrs.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

NCAA ROAD TO OMAHA & THE NCAA NATIONAL
    CHAMPIONSHIP
    GO GATORS

11FloridaSoutheastern28-8-09-5-01- 0- 018-3-00-0-0
    22Florida StateAtlantic Coast29-7-012-3-00- 1- 017-3-00-0-0
    38UCLAPac-1224-8-09-1-01- 0- 014-7-00-0-0
    43North CarolinaAtlantic Coast27-9-010-4-00- 0- 017-5-00-0-0
    54KentuckySoutheastern32-5-09-3-01- 0- 022-2-00-0-0
    610BaylorBig 1230-7-09-4-01- 0- 020-3-00-0-0
    75North Carolina StateAtlantic Coast24-10-07-7-03- 0- 014-3-00-0-0
    812South CarolinaSoutheastern27-10-05-5-01- 0- 021-4-00-1-0
    918ArkansasSoutheastern25-10-02-5-02- 1- 021-4-00-0-0
    1016PurdueBig Ten28-5-014-3-06- 1- 07-1-01-0-0
    1119Cal State FullertonBig West23-12-07-7-00- 0- 016-5-00-0-0
    1230OregonPac-1224-10-012-7-00- 0- 012-3-00-0-0
    137Texas A&MBig 1228-8-05-1-00- 0- 023-7-00-0-0
    1427GonzagaWest Coast25-9-06-7-07- 0- 012-2-00-0-0
    159StanfordPac-1222-9-07-5-00- 0- 015-4-00-0-0

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

HOLY CROSS A GOOD SCHOOL DONNY FOR $54K/ YEAR... AND YOU GRADUATE WITH A DEGREE IN THEOLOGY, CATECHISM, AND MIDEVAL HISTORY? PERHAPS, YOU SHOULD MEANDER WEST ON I90 AND CHECK OUT THE LORD JEFFS AND WEST OFF OF RT 2 TO CHECK OUT THE ELPS BEFORE WE STATE GOOD SCHOOLS?  ALSO, MEANDER OFF OF COLLEGE HILL AND CHECK OUT WPI .. AND THEN WE WILL REASSES YOUR COMMENTS. HERE YOU GO DONNN FOR SOME ENLIGHTENMENT!
    Posted by whr

Boy, and some guys have the gall to complain about my spelling and structure! Who are the ELPS - Emerson, Lake and Palmer and Somebody?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

In Response to Re: Next Uconn Coach if/when Calhoun goes : Boy, and some guys have the gall to complain about my spelling and structure! Who are the ELPS - Emerson, Lake and Palmer and Somebody?
    Posted by LOTHAR43

I think Bubba is referring to the Williams College EPHS, a nickname derived from its founder EPHraim Williams. Bubba is academically challenged, so be kind and cut him some slack when it comes to spelling and such.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

Williams is also know as the Purple Cows as well as the Ephmen

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

In Response to Re: Next Uconn Coach if/when Calhoun goes : I think Bubba is referring to the Williams College EPHS, a nickname derived from its founder EPHraim Williams. Bubba is academically challenged, so be kind and cut him some slack when it comes to spelling and such.
    Posted by indians1948

I would say, you got caught up in your ignorance about bubba and trying to work yourself out of a foot in mouth syndrome. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

Ephraim Williams ephs' oppposite a leprachain in old English for the uneducated that refer to  Wiki pedia  as a primary source. 

I respect those from the lesser schools who refer to a college as Williams SUPERIOR by all accounts. It's important to those who post again should  genuflect when you mention WILLIAMS COLLEGE by reference.

Sections
Shortcuts