Notre Dame and the Mighty Big East

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle79. Show Eagle79's posts

Re: Notre Dame and the Mighty Big East

Prov,

No need to send LP the information on attendance, it has been linked and posted many times here.  It is usually listed in the box score on a number of sites, i.e. ESPN.

The thing is I got tired of doing LP's research for him, providing links, pointers and other information to help him become more informed.  He doesn't respond and then shows up a few weeks later asking for the same thing claiming that we are afraid to provide the information.

This is a good example of him doing that again.

The funny thing is he makes veiled references to things, i.e. some Irish real estate purchase that went down, yet when asked about it he can not produce any links or references.

He will continue to rant about the current administration because he hates them.  It is not based upon logic or facts, those have been provided to him many time.  Just like the attendance information.

Here is my prediction, he will start another thread and ask for it again . . .

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

In Response to Re: Notre Dame and the Mighty Big East:
    In Response to Re: Notre Dame and the Mighty Big East : Thought you'd be gone by now, but the beatings wil continue till the morale improves on your posts! Needless to say, another corrupt BC grad Bruce Pearl, goes out down on NCAA recruiting violations! Frank Spazziani next?   
    Posted by whr

Wait a moment.  Are you claiming that your posts, 90% of which is written as if you are illiterate, equate to beatings of me? 

Were you dropped on your head as a child?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

I love the fact, Prov, that you have shown him the attendence #s time and time again and the one time you don't include them he says "i won't belive them until you show them."  what a joke, why are you bothering.  What you said is right on....I don't think anyone who deals with BC doesn't have their issues with the school, but so what.  We care about the direction of their sports and both football and basketball, after a few tough years, seem to be on the right track.  Just because some angry loon says otherwise means nothing.  And for the record, NO those 3 players that left meant nothing: 1. Sanders was a lazy malcontent 2. Rav was so good he didn't get off the bench on a team that had a losing record 3. The kid who went to Baylor, I actually have no opinion on him, never saw him play..... I think it's funny that the moron is still trying to argue that last years team was "young" yet this years team is losing 5 seniors, 6 if you include Sanders....because you know Charlie Sheen, that reeks of logic....
    Posted by momort

Seems all your conclusions are the basis for despair on a miserable program, thus all your conclusions you post are those of a  fool which time and time again are exhibited. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

Doggie style cheeriho husky - are you from another culture, a foreign country, trouble with English as a 2nd language?  Please say it's so, because that would explain so much...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

How many Deans has A& S had since Dear Leader arrived? Start with Father Barth and count those to the present.

How many Deans has CSOM had in that same period?

How many Exec VPs have there been?

How many Exec Directors of the Alumni Assn have there been?

Broadcasters and coaches speak for themselves.

Now, how about those attendance facts? - but then, again, the fact that Flippo's choice could not draw 3,000 fans to the most important HOME game of the season tells us graphically how far this program has fallen.

Finally, your reverie with the way things are at The Institute tells us what we need to know about your capacity for critical thinking. 

Peace.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

you fail to answer the question I ask.  It is the same game you started a while ago and failed to provide any answers from then.  You just ask another question period.  Is it one, three five nine.  It is not that hard to count; do that and I will lay out every game this year and last with the attendance figures.  Tempting isn't it

Or are you too embarrassed.  Please just a number like your mommy taught you how to count one, two three...  to each of the questions you asked but did not answer above.  Or is it time to leave the thread again like the craven prevaricator and coward that you are who cannot back up assertions and accusations with hard facts.   Come on and I will give you the attendance figures just like a dog with a bone.

Come on get your hands dirty and discuss something, coward.

As far as critical thinking you and what you have to say barely strain a synapse.  It is you who could use a good lesson in thinking, critical and otherwise

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Pro wrote:   "like the craven prevaricator and coward that you are."

Nice Lenten spirit.  And you claim to be imbued with the values of a CATHOLIC school?

I've given you the positions with multiple occupants since Dear Leader began his decade-plus of wipeouts. If you ARE a grad of The Institute, you'd KNOW those facts.

And, oh yeah, I forgot three more: Dean of the Law School, University Chaplain and Director of Campus Ministry.

Peace, mon confrere.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

The positions not the numbers with turnover; you have said that the turnover was excessive.  That involves not only naming the postions but how many occupants there have been associated with them you liar.  You have no cred if there has been one or two during that period of over 13 years. 

Come on show some lenten spririt and come clean of your sins and tell us the numbers not just the positions that your craven spirit does not allow you to

and you also assume that I follow all of this.  please just share the numbers

as far as the spirit, the Christian thing is to be full free and open to askers.

and I will add the word despicable to the craven coward and prevaricator so richly earned by you. 

"The truth shall set you free" LP; I suggest you practice it totally

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

LP, the fact that you are accusing others of being unable to use critical thinking is a joke.  Everyone here (except for Chreeroh and NDKing but teenagers don't count) have at one time or another given the good and bad side of an argument about BC.  You on the other had are the only one who has never ever taken something that has happened at or for BC and used it as a positive.  You work very very hard to find the negative in everything.  EVERYTHING.  So give us a break.  It would actually give us more respect for you if you just came out and admitted you hate BC and will always find the negative.  But to try and claim you are looking at both sides of the line is insulting.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Mo,

Regrettably, your are wrong again.

Last year I was asked if I am positive about anything at The Institute and listed several things.  Research that.

And, for the umpteenth time, I repeat that I do not hate The Institute. I  do, however, detest the hypocrisy displayed by The Gang of Two over and over again. It embarrasses me that those currently in charge at my alma mater act that way and lower its esteem.

And it saddens me that blind enablers here support that conduct.

Plain and simple.

But some day (fortunately) they will move on, and The Institute can revert to the honorable place that it was under the leadership of Father Monan and his predecessors.

Peace.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigMike67. Show BigMike67's posts

Only saw ND twice recently, and was not impressed with their second half play, although they looked sharp against L-ville in the first half. In the NCAA tourney game I was surprised that they did not look competitive and got a quick exit. I had them going further in my bracket picks.  In both games, despite the raving of the announcers, I thought Hans. was overrated, an actor [and a bad one at that], who got most of what he got with hustle. Certainly not the go-to guy when a bucket was needed. Having said that, and as a 64 BC grad, I would only point out that B-ball has always been a second rate sport at BC, behind Football and Hockey. In 4 years there undergrad, and with Cousy as the coach when I was in Law School there, I never attended a B-ball game. But, I went to all the football games, and most of the "sold out" hockey games. B-ball just never drew the fans like hockey did. I feel the same way today. I long for NESN in KY so I could catch the college hockey. I can get but one game a week on CBS-C and now with the Frozen Four coming ESPN only covers the semis and finals. Bummer. One other point, I did see Skinner's teams a couple of times on TV and was unimpressed with the offense, or defense for that matter, but it may be that he couldn't get the players to commit to a true academic institution where graduation rates matter. He did have the one good run where they won a load of games in a row before folding in the NCAA, so I give him credit for that. Should he have been let go? Don't really have an opinion on that. I would give the new guy a couple more years before pulling the plug on him.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Mo, Regrettably, your are wrong again. Last year I was asked if I am positive about anything at The Institute and listed several things.  Research that. And, for the umpteenth time, I repeat that I do not hate The Institute. I  do, however, detest the hypocrisy displayed by The Gang of Two over and over again. It embarrasses me that those currently in charge at my alma mater act that way and lower its esteem. And it saddens me that blind enablers here support that conduct. Plain and simple. But some day (fortunately) they will move on, and The Institute can revert to the honorable place that it was under the leadership of Father Monan and his predecessors. Peace.
    Posted by Longputter

You want me to go through all the different threads and posts to research the one time you listed some nice things about BC?  Seriously, that was a serious request?  You think much much too highly of yourself....

My response is, for the MILLIONTH time back at you, we do not care about the AD or the Prez.  I could care less if they stay, go, retire, hire, sleep or crap.  I care about one thing, the success of our sports teams.  That's it....I don't choose, like you do, do bash again and again our basketball and football teams because I don't like the AD and Prez.  I simply want to see if we are on the right track.  And after a few not to good years from both teams, we seem to be, however time will tell.  That's it, it's pretty simple.  Simple enough even for someone like you to understand....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamesGatz1. Show JamesGatz1's posts

In Response to Re: Notre Dame and the Mighty Big East : You want me to go through all the different threads and posts to research the one time you listed some nice things about BC?  Seriously, that was a serious request?  You think much much too highly of yourself.... My response is, for the MILLIONTH time back at you, we do not care about the AD or the Prez.  I could care less if they stay, go, retire, hire, sleep or crap.  I care about one thing, the success of our sports teams.  That's it....I don't choose, like you do, do bash again and again our basketball and football teams because I don't like the AD and Prez.  I simply want to see if we are on the right track.  And after a few not to good years from both teams, we seem to be, however time will tell.  That's it, it's pretty simple.  Simple enough even for someone like you to understand....
    Posted by momort

Mormot - time to hit "ingnore" my friend.  Nothing works with this guy. Facts, mockery, insults.

Just look at this post you quote - he keeps calling BC "The Institute" as in the "Behead Coaches Institute", even though any reasonable person knows that BC does not fire coaches at a rate higher than that of other schools.

That level of mental illness or hatred can't be reasoned with.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

To return to the original topic before we were predictably interrupted by the brainless haters

Bill Reynolds (a writer from the heart of big east land) sums it up nicely
    "The Big East is overrated, is almost always overrated"

http://www.projo.com/pc/content/Reynolds_Big_East_PC_Friars_03-22-11_VCN4N5D_v2.c5dbd8.html

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

To return to the original topic before we were predictably interrupted by the brainless haters   Bill Reynolds (a writer from the heart of big east land) sums it up nicely "The Big East is overrated, is almost always overrated" http://www.projo.com/pc/content/Reynolds_Big_East_PC_Friars_03-22-11_VCN4N5D_v2.c5dbd8.html
    Posted by ScreenNameGoesHere

I try not to get into this 'over' and 'under' rated debate as there is no real answer.  The BE did have a good year with many solid teams, however the true test is how you do in the tourney and so far it's not great.  Unlike the ACC who had only 3 legit teams and all 3 are still around.  However to me, if Uconn wins the whole thing I still think the BE had a better year.

I think its silly how people want to proclaim a entire conference either 'dead' or 'forever superior' based on one season.  That's they type of writing and thinking that has made ESPN a shell of itself.  Instead of showing what we all want, extended highlights of every game, they now just create list after list of "top 10 ever" or "best ever" and crap like that......

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

In Response to Re: Notre Dame and the Mighty Big East : I try not to get into this 'over' and 'under' rated debate as there is no real answer.  The BE did have a good year with many solid teams, however the true test is how you do in the tourney and so far it's not great.  Unlike the ACC who had only 3 legit teams and all 3 are still around.  However to me, if Uconn wins the whole thing I still think the BE had a better year. I think its silly how people want to proclaim a entire conference either 'dead' or 'forever superior' based on one season.  That's they type of writing and thinking that has made ESPN a shell of itself.  Instead of showing what we all want, extended highlights of every game, they now just create list after list of "top 10 ever" or "best ever" and crap like that......
    Posted by momort

To momort and the rest of the BC malcontents from Bob Ryan it's what you say SU*K it up:

Connecticut is in the Sweet 16. Ho and hum.

This visit to the Honda Center for the West Regional is Jim Calhoun’s 10th Round of 16, which means the Huskies are amazingly close to doing it on an every-other-year basis since the big breakthrough into national prominence in 1990. The Huskies have advanced to the Elite Eight six times and the Final Four three times, winning it all in 1999 and 2004. All of this was enough to get the man from Braintree into the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

In Response to Re: Notre Dame and the Mighty Big East : To momort and the rest of the BC malcontents from Bob Ryan it's what you say SU*K it up: C onnecticut is in the Sweet 16. Ho and hum. This visit to the Honda Center for the West Regional is Jim Calhoun’s 10th Round of 16, which means the Huskies are amazingly close to doing it on an every-other-year basis since the big breakthrough into national prominence in 1990. The Huskies have advanced to the Elite Eight six times and the Final Four three times, winning it all in 1999 and 2004. All of this was enough to get the man from Braintree into the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame.
    Posted by cheeroh

New rule for Cheer.  Everytime you post, under your post you must state, in simple clear english, the point you are trying to make with you post.  I think I speak for us all when I say, in all honesty, I never have any idea what you are talking about....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

In Response to Re: Notre Dame and the Mighty Big East : New rule for Cheer.  Everytime you post, under your post you must state, in simple clear english, the point you are trying to make with you post.  I think I speak for us all when I say, in all honesty, I never have any idea what you are talking about....
    Posted by momort

momort it's clear you are below average in all things considered debatable, as LP and whr have you ranting all over the place trying to make common sense on incoherent rebuttals . Maybe you are the troll in one's basement that lurks each day LP and whr rattle your little basement cage and crank that sad life you seem to have established for yourself on the world wide web!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redbarchetta88. Show redbarchetta88's posts

As of this moment, the SEC has as many teams in the Elite Eight as the ACC and Big East do combined.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

In Response to Re: Notre Dame and the Mighty Big East : momort it's clear you are below average in all things considered debatable, as LP and whr have you ranting all over the place trying to make common sense on incoherent rebuttals . Maybe you are the troll in one's basement that lurks each day LP and whr rattle your little basement cage and crank that sad life you seem to have established for yourself on the world wide web!
    Posted by cheeroh

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz................

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Mo,
    You need not restate what we all know: i.e. that you - and the other members of the Uber Alles crowd  - "do not care about the AD or the Prez."

Hear no evil...

And that is the pity of it all.

Peace

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Mo, You need not restate what we all know: i.e. that you - and the other members of the Uber Alles crowd  - " do not care about the AD or the Prez." Hear no evil... And that is the pity of it all.   Peace
    Posted by Longputter

Well then there you go, we finally agree on something.  Except you will continue to waste time raving like the lunatic you are because the AD fired a coach he had every right to fire and because as such you claim "the gang" should be on the "axis of evil"......

enjoy

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

Oh, is that what happened to Coaches Skinner, Jags, J.O'Brien, T.O'Brien and Inglese?

Sections
Shortcuts