Now UMass Can Join the Big East!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailboat. Show sailboat's posts

Now UMass Can Join the Big East!!!

The ship the geniuses in Providence run is sinking and they hope that a conference with former Big 12 teams and eveybody else with a pulse - maybe 30 teams? - will solidify them in TV contract negotiations.  You think TCU is rethinking its future? Wait, I've got it!  Boise State to the Big East!  That's a sure guarantee of success!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimreilly43. Show jimreilly43's posts

Re: Now UMass Can Join the Big East!!!

In Response to Now UMass Can Join the Big East!!!:
    The ship the geniuses in Providence run is sinking and they hope that a conference with former Big 12 teams and eveybody else with a pulse - maybe 30 teams? - will solidify them in TV contract negotiations.  You think TCU is rethinking its future? Wait, I've got it!  Boise State to the Big East!  That's a sure guarantee of success!!
    Posted by sailboat

Quite correct, but are you really happy with this???

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from musicbus05. Show musicbus05's posts

As a UMass Alum and someone who wanted them to join the Big East and not the MAC for obvious reasons, i snow happy that they are not. I think the Big East is now going to be worse then the MAC for football, and UMass had no intention on moving its basketball program with the football. This would have been a requirement for UMass to join the Big East, but not for the MAC. Even though Big East basketball will still be a good conference, UMass is trying to market the football program and Big East football is going to die now. The best bet for UMass is that they grow in the MAC, win a lot of games, get some bowls under there belt, and then see if they can join the ACC in all sports. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redbarchetta88. Show redbarchetta88's posts

I'll take it. What's left of the Big East is still miles ahead of the A-10. Games against Villanova and Louisville would draw better than games against URI and La Salle.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Those that saw the attendance at the BC/Duke game would certainly attest to why Black athletes are not attracted to BC!  LILLY WHITE with no presence of African Americans ... Recruiting at BC has a big time problem... FLORIDA super studs go to Miami, FSU & the SWAMP ... Jason Rivers is a perfect example!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from neobserver. Show neobserver's posts

Based on where college football is headed after the conference blowups this weekend, UMass might be smart to rethink  even attempting this fantasy of big-time football.

The biggest loser over the weekend was UConn football. If Rutgers and UConn don't wind up in the ACC, its program is a good as dead.  Bring back the Yankee Conference!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Great to see Notre Dame independent with their own mega deal with NBC.

What's ironic? Flutie Flakes being kicked off ESPN is on the Notre Dame Home Broardcasts! How sweet it is! Douggie Fluttie on his last quest for air time after many attempts for success.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle79. Show Eagle79's posts

Along with fellow BC grad Mike Mayock providing color for the game.  Not sure what your point is.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAS881. Show CHAS881's posts

Who is favored in UMass/BC game?

10. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts