Oops...BC tears apart VT, in their house...a lot of the Eagles haters aren't going to sleep well tonight!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernfriedeagle. Show southernfriedeagle's posts

Oops...BC tears apart VT, in their house...a lot of the Eagles haters aren't going to sleep well tonight!

Congrats to the entire program...you've played your hearts out this year!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Re: Oops...BC tears apart VT, in their house...a lot of the Eagles haters aren't going to sleep well tonight!

What a game.  As someone who didn't think they were going to have much this season, this win was great, especially as it came on the road against a team that just took down Duke.  They played hard the entire game, they played good D and they didn't let up.  Awesome....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

Re: Oops...BC tears apart VT, in their house...a lot of the Eagles haters aren't going to sleep well tonight!

They did this in spite of not having Al coaching them but a guy whose career included six losing seasons.  And let's not forget the effect the gang of two have on the team

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Of all the players on this team, I wish Raji was around to play with better players.  He would have been a perfect fit on some of Craig Smith, Dudley teams, a perfect role player....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

The nit-wit crowd is rather quiet today....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from eaglebeagle1. Show eaglebeagle1's posts

In Response to Re: Oops...BC tears apart VT, in their house...a lot of the Eagles haters aren't going to sleep well tonight!:
    The nit-wit crowd is rather quiet today....
    Posted by momort
    Yeah. whr's new ghost writer must be on vacation.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JVECE527. Show JVECE527's posts

FLY EAGLES FLY !  two more wins and start dancin'

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Weak whr, weak....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bc64jg. Show bc64jg's posts

I'd like to see a statue of John Cahill in the entrance to Conte.  I'd like to see him get a scholarship to grad school and play till his eligibility is done.  He can play for my team any time.  John - thank you for your effort this year.  It's been an inspiration.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamesGatz1. Show JamesGatz1's posts

In Response to Re: Oops...BC tears apart VT, in their house...a lot of the Eagles haters aren't going to sleep well tonight!:
    In Response to Re: Oops...BC tears apart VT, in their house...a lot of the Eagles haters aren't going to sleep well tonight! : Troll relax it shows your stupidity and inexperience in winning ... By the thrust of these posts it appears your in the Final Four which will never happen dude!
    Posted by whr

Wash my car, virgin!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

In Response to Re: Oops...BC tears apart VT, in their house...a lot of the Eagles haters aren't going to sleep well tonight! : Troll relax it shows your stupidity and inexperience in winning ... By the thrust of these posts it appears your in the Final Four which will never happen dude!
    Posted by whr

the good thing whr is that your team does not have to win for you to show your stupidity

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Watched our old boy Dudley play last night.  He's turned himself into one heck of an NBA player that I would take any day coming off the bench for the C's.  He knows how to play the game the right way.  Even hammering Rondo as the the game was about to expire when Rondo went to take a needless shot.  Love it!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

From si.com on BC

Boston College (18-11, 8-7 ACC; RPI: 38, SOS: 17): The Eagles went 0-4 against Duke, UNC and Florida State, but swept Virginia Tech and stand a great chance of going 9-7 with only a home date against league minnow Wake Forest remaining. They still have some work to do, but a comparison between the Eagles and Hokies now is really interesting. Aside from the sweep, BC lacks the marquee win but has fewer bad losses and much better computer numbers overall.

From si.com on that "better program" Baylor

Baylor (17-11, 7-8 Big 12; RPI: 76, SOS: 47): A loss at Oklahoma State makes it four defeats in five games for the Bears, who have a sweep of Texas A&M and not much else helping them at the moment. Like Alabama, their best nonleague win is over Lipscomb, and they also have three bad losses and are 3-9 road/neutral.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle79. Show Eagle79's posts

Momort,

If they can win against WF and one game in the ACC tournament they will have 20 wins.  They will have done this with no recruits and losing 3 players to other programs. 

While it is a long shot some ESPN analysts are listing Donahue as a potential ACC coach of the year.  I do not see him beating out Coach K but improving the number of wins by 33% would be a great start.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Momort, If they can win against WF and one game in the ACC tournament they will have 20 wins.  They will have done this with no recruits and losing 3 players to other programs.  While it is a long shot some ESPN analysts are listing Donahue as a potential ACC coach of the year.  I do not see him beating out Coach K but improving the number of wins by 33% would be a great start.
    Posted by Eagle79

Steve Donahue ACC Coach of the year? Please get a life, and needless to say a job, and please have MOMMY put a children's protective device on your hard wood and computer ... you are not only sad but your rationale is pathetic! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

In Response to Re: Oops...BC tears apart VT, in their house...a lot of the Eagles haters aren't going to sleep well tonight! : Those days are gone Mr. Insipid! Why don't you also ask the spiritual powers at BC for Flutie Flakes back for your devine intervention in Greensboro....
    Posted by cheeroh

Dude, you are so boring.  You come with nothing.  Awesome, you can toss insults over a computer.  Well done bro, well done.  Why don't you come with an actual opinion to debate, or let me know who your teams are?  Otherwise, you are nothing but a boring internet dork.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Mormort please take a vacation and scour the Lowell Sun blogs it is more balanced to your BC thoughts, rantings and opinions.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Mormort please take a vacation and scour the Lowell Sun blogs it is more balanced to your BC thoughts, rantings and opinions.
    Posted by cheeroh

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle79. Show Eagle79's posts

Cheeroh,

You said:

your rationale is pathetic! 

Clearly you have trouble reading what was actually written.  I did not say that Donahue was going to be named coach of the year I was reporting that some ESPN analysts were reporting that.  To be clear, it was not my rationale.  If you actually went and read what was written by them you would see their rationale.

I guess you would prefer to just throw rocks not engage in an actual discussion supported by facts or links.  That is your choice, not mine.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Ah, children, the value of perspective:

Any win is good, but VT was obviously having an off night, as measured by their shooting. The emotion of the Duke win took a decisive toll. They were nothing like the team which won that exciting game three nights earlier.

With the solid core of Coach Skinner's players returning, and NOTHING of value on a consistent basis from any one of the walk-ons or the 2 marginal recruits, the dye was cast that The Institute would win a fair number of games this season. And they would have won more with better coaching.

Stevie Wonder as ACC Coach of the Year????

That may happen the same day that Obama has the guts to call ANY attack upon the US or its troops a terrorist act.

Peace

PS:  With all the euphoria here, is it fair to assume that we'll have more than 5 fans at the ACC Tourney in Greensboro next week?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernfriedeagle. Show southernfriedeagle's posts

wow, Longputter (= short dick) and Huskie boy...it's amazing how the masses of idiot Americans prefer to root for the cheating factories, instead of teams who do it the old fashion way.

your type is the reason this country has gone to the sh*tter...most want to get to the top the easy way.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle79. Show Eagle79's posts

LP,

Your lack of consistency is apparent . . . let's see, BC has a bad night against URI and you comment about how Donahue has lost his team and can't motivate his team.  Similarly when they lost to UMiami, UNC and others.

Yet, they beat a team that had just beaten the #1 team in the country you make excuses for the other team.  A team they have beaten twice this year, just like they beat UMaryland twice.  A couple of teams that many others consider to be fairly good in a down ACC year.

You talk about the "core" players that returned being the reason they are doing well, perhaps so.  However, some of these players have had to change their style from the flex to a more up tempo game.  Some have lost significant weight and are in much better shape.  Do you give the new coach any credit for that?

Further, you constantly note how BC lost 3 players to other programs.  Perhaps the most significant being Sanders who is now at Fairfield and had huge minutes for BC last year.

To many of us who saw the pre-season projections that had BC finishing 10th in the ACC with the best possible upside being an 18 win NIT season I would say the coach has done quite well.  Particularly with players that were recruited to play a different style and losing 3 recruits to other schools.

Yes they have lost games they should not have, i.e. Yale.  At the same time they have many quality wins as they head into today's game with WF and the ACC tournament.  A 20 win season is not out of the question and perhaps an NCAA bid.  I'd say that is pretty good considering they did not even get an NIT bid last year.

You actually make stronger arguments if you have some type of consistency.  For the rest of us, we know your agenda and it is quite clear.  You do not like Fr. Leahy and GDF and will even make inconsistent and irrational arguments to try to prove your point.

Finally, I am not your child . . . my father would never make such irrational arguments and try to pass them off as consistent and valid.

Sections
Shortcuts