Pittino: The Quest for Basketball Glory

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

Pittino: The Quest for Basketball Glory

Excellence is the unlimited ability to improve the quality of what you have to offer.

Success is a Choice!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

Re: Pittino: The Quest for Basketball Glory

In response to postingking's comment:

Excellence is the unlimited ability to improve the quality of what you have to offer.

Success is a Choice!

WTF?????????????????

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

Well, you're consistent if nothing else: providing a bad definition of excellence, and incorrectly spelling Pitino.  Keep up the good work.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Good Coach and motivational guy for quick turn arounds in a program.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

In response to LOTHAR43's comment:

Success is a Choice!

Book made him millions of $$$, while the Buffoons' are at Homeroom USA looking for a Town pension after 30 years, and one payment short on theire Buffoon College student loan payment.

WTF?????????????????

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

Re: Pitino: The Quest for Basketball Glory

Or not, as Bill Simmons wrote:

http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/030220

"Rick Pitino was the worst NBA coach I've ever seen. ...The Celtics pried Pitino from Lexington for $50M in '97, handed him the keys to the franchise, even stripped Red Auerbach of the presidency to make The Ricktator happy. And for one moment, it was a brilliant move...Little did we know then, things had peaked. Over the next three-plus seasons, he continuously shuffled players out of town, undermining the trust of the remaining ones, who figured they were next. Eventually, they quit on him for good. You could argue that Pitino the GM killed Pitino the coach. It's a pretty sound conclusion, considering he traded for Kenny Anderson's mammoth contract, passed on Tracy McGrady, swapped a lottery pick for Vitaly Potapenko and signed Travis Knight and Chris Mills for a combined $47M. But I was there. I saw Pitino adhere stubbornly to his system: shuttling guys like chess pieces, micromanaging every second of every game..."

-------------------------

You have to give Pitino credit for his success at the college level though.  He knows how to push the right buttons and adapt to the changing lanscape of ncaa hoops.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

In response to trbow's comment:

"Rick Pitino was the worst NBA coach I've ever seen. ...The Celtics pried Pitino from Lexington for $50M in '97, handed him the keys to the franchise, even stripped Red Auerbach of the presidency to make The Ricktator happy. And for one moment, it was a brilliant move...Little did we know then, things had peaked. Over the next three-plus seasons, he continuously shuffled players out of town, undermining the trust of the remaining ones, who figured they were next. Eventually, they quit on him for good. You could argue that Pitino the GM killed Pitino the coach. It's a pretty sound conclusion, considering he traded for Kenny Anderson's mammoth contract, passed on Tracy McGrady, swapped a lottery pick for Vitaly Potapenko and signed Travis Knight and Chris Mills for a combined $47M. But I was there. I saw Pitino adhere stubbornly to his system: shuttling guys like chess pieces, micromanaging every second of every game..."

You have to give Pitino credit for his success at the college level though.  He knows how to push the right buttons and adapt to the changing lanscape of ncaa hoops.

Certianly your not comparing him to the lost leader of the Buffoon Nation Donahue, the joke of the ACC?

Wonder Boy will have a new grand master to look up to next year Jimmy Boeheim and will be kissing his rings, along with Coach K's rings from the bottom of ACC!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

In response to undking's comment:

Certianly your not comparing him to the lost leader of the Buffoon Nation Donahue, the joke of the ACC?

Wonder Boy will have a new grand master to look up to next year Jimmy Boeheim and will be kissing his rings, along with Coach K's rings from the bottom of ACC!

I'd agree, Boeheim will try to destroy BC at all costs.  Big Gene must have said something nasty to his wife or something...I think BC's competitive level will get better though so enjoy the gloating while you can.  But no, certainly you're never going to put SD in a class with Pitino or Pittino.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

The Buffoon College Remember when's!

Remember, I made the Sweet Sixteen way back when?

There only Freshman Story?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

No catholic schools to be seen in the NCAA Tourney. To busy hoading for Second Collection Sunday?

Public Universities dominate.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

In response to undking's comment:

I'd agree, Boeheim will try to destroy BC at all costs.  Big Gene must have said something nasty to his wife or something...I think BC's competitive level will get better though so enjoy the gloating while you can.  But no, certainly you're never going to put SD in a class with Pitino or Pittino.

SD couldn’t hold Jimmy's jock strap, or Coach K's and he’ll face these studs of Basketball 4 times a year with the new ACC alignment. God forbid Buffoon's would ever win won by luck.  As for Ricky  P, he knew when to get out of the Rust belt USA never came back to this delusional place of negativity.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Success is a Choice!

Wonder Boy should take a lesson from his motivational speeches.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

In response to cheeroh's comment:

SD couldn’t hold Jimmy's jock strap, or Coach K's and he’ll face these studs of Basketball 4 times a year with the new ACC alignment. God forbid Buffoon's would ever win won by luck.  As for Ricky  P, he knew when to get out of the Rust belt USA never came back to this delusional place of negativity. 

Right he knew when to get out, he left after his first failure.  There's no denying his collegiate success, but his choice was to flame out of the NBA.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailman2. Show sailman2's posts

AAAAh shucks, Rick Pitino Golden cents won the Santa Anita, Wood Memorial, and primed for the KY Derby, as the Cardinals' come from behind, in shock and awe, to Shock the Shockers'. Quite a day for the Pitinos’, as  Coach Mike Pitino heads to Nor ‘western to create another stellar program from scratch. Everything comes up Golden cents!

Congrats Rick. Could you ever imagine the Beheads ‘Coaches Institute, with Steve Boy Wonders’ scrubs on the hardwood, at match play, before 70,000 Georgians?  Blubber Dub Donahue rants, as has his Globe buddies try fearlessly to save his menial position as Tommy Amakers whipping  boy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailman2. Show sailman2's posts

Success is a Choice!

WTF?????????????????

WTF = Rick Pitino= Success

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

In response to sailman2's comment:

Success is a Choice!

WTF?????????????????

Goes to show you the literacy factor of LOTHAR posts Zero Point Zero.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

In response to sailman2's comment:

Since you understood it, you must be PostingKing's alter ego - if I were you (which thank goodness I'm not), I'd be VERY careful about questioning anyone's literacy.

Success is a Choice!

WTF?????????????????

Goes to show you the literacy factor of LOTHAR posts Zero Point Zero.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trojanfever. Show Trojanfever's posts

small catholic school thinking there important in the realm of things?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Success is a Choice!

Right on King... You called it!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

ACC Standings ACC Baseball (As Of April 8)

ATLANTIC DIVISION

School Conference Pct. Overall Pct. Florida State 10-5 .667 27-5-0 .844 Clemson 9-6 .600 21-11-0 .656 NC State 8-7 .533 24-10-0 .706 Maryland 4-11 .267 16-15-0 .516 Wake Forest 4-11 .267 17-17-0 .500 Boston College 0-14 .000 5-25-0 .167

COASTAL DIVISION

School Conference Pct. Overall Pct.

North Carolina 12-2 .857 29-2-0 .935 Virginia 12-3 .800 30-3-0 .909 Georgia Tech 9-6 .600 23-9-0 .719 Duke 8-7 .533 19-14-0 .576 Virginia Tech 7-8 .467 21-12-0 .636 Miami 6-9 .400 21-14-0 .600

Buffoons make some headway 0-14 in ACC competition!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Another National Championship!

CONGRATS UCONN WOMEN!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

CONGRATS UCONN WOMAN!

Which womAn in particular?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

CONGRATS UCONN WOMAN!

Except for you and trbow, the literacy level of this discussion is at an all-time low, even by Cheeroh/UNDkingTrojan/sailman standards. Best to just ignore them.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Can't get any better than this THE Q and YALE in the Frozen Four, as I predicted, the best NCAA Hockey in New England!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

In response to indians1948's comment:

CONGRATS UCONN WOMAN!

Except for you and trbow, the literacy level of this discussion is at an all-time low, even by Cheeroh/UNDkingTrojan/sailman standards. Best to just ignore them.

QUINNIPIAC OLD MAN FROM NAPLES!

MAKE THE JOURNEY UP NORTH YET, OR DOES THE SOUND OF THE ALL CONNECTICUT  FROZEN FOUR MAKE YOU WANT TO STAY WITH THE BUFFOON BLUE HAIRS A LITTLE LONGER IN RETIREMENT VILLAGE USA?