Reflections on the Maryland game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

Re: Reflections on the Maryland game

LP is such a tired, angry and unoriginal poster.  His minimzed signature trail bought some leeway for awhile.  But really, why debate the same things whenever he rises from the ashes?   Nothing related to BC will ever be discussed in a positive nature.  If he does not like the trend in a thread (e.g. his reasoning has been exposed), he starts a new topic based on a momentary burst of hate.  It almost seems like someone docked his pay or buried his career somewhere on campus and he can't get over it.  Let the hating go on uninhibited in its own little virtual world.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

OK one more time

Skinner first three years 32-56, 12-40 in the conference.  Doesnt SD deserve the same chance as him?l

Also Steve Lavin was not 58 when he lost his job. Lavin right now is 47 years old so the comparison is irrelevant and meaningless.  60 year-old coaches do not get big-time college jobs if they have not won at least one NCAA title.

And again if it is oversized this year Conte was certainly oversized last year for the dismal product that Skinner foisted on us.  I have proven it time and again with the attendance records. But here it is again

Year  2009 17 GAMES attendance 82K
            2010 14 games attendance 73K

so with three fewer games (including no Duke game) we are 9K less than last year which will surely be surpassed with two more home games.  Find me a high school gym in MA that can hold an average of 5,200.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

In Response to Re: Reflections on the Maryland game:

OK one more time Skinner first three years 32-56, 12-40 in the conference.  Doesnt SD deserve the same chance as him?l Also Steve Lavin was not 58 when he lost his job. Lavin right now is 47 years old so the comparison is irrelevant and meaningless.  60 year-old coaches do not get big-time college jobs if they have not won at least one NCAA title. And again if it is oversized this year Conte was certainly oversized last year for the dismal product that Skinner foisted on us.  I have proven it time and again with the attendance records. But here it is again Year  2009 17 GAMES attendance 82K         2010 14 games attendance 73K so with three fewer games (including no Duke game) we are 9K less than last year which will surely be surpassed with two more home games.  Find me a high school gym in MA that can hold an average of 5,200.
    Posted by provpats

provpats,

Darn it, those pesky FACTS keep getting in the way of your attempts at intelligent posting.

Let's review Coach Skinner's record vs that of Stevie Wonder.

Coach Skinner won in this FOURTH year at The Heights. Stevie took SEVEN to post a winning record in Ithaca - the IVY LEAGUE, that is.

Coach Skinner had a disaster to overcome: the first of the many Coach Beheadings by Dear Leader - in pique, when his agreement to lower admission standards for hoops players surfaced in the Globe. As a result of his savaging of Coach O'Brien, 4 prime recruits rescinded their commitments to The Heights, including one who started at KY and later at Nova.  So, it took Coach Skinner only 3 years to do the impossible - restore credibility to the program which Dear Leader trashed.

Stevie Wonder had no such hurdle to overcome at Cornell.

Next, your "point" about age difference reeks of discrimination.  Where is it written that a coach over 60 can't win without a prior NCAA title?

As to attendance figures, why do you refuse to document your assertions?
    Hmmmmm

If you are content to wait six years after this one for a winning season, have at it, my boy.

Just don't expect the rest of us to do so.

Peace.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

So you are focusing on his Cornell record but disregarding that this will be a winning season in his first year after he was left with a disaster of a recruiting class?  So now we have to wait six more years for a winning season even if it is apparent we will be above .500 this year?  The team is 16-10 with four regular season games left.  How do they not have a winning record in his first year at The Heights?

According to you the dismissal of Skinner was also a disaster so isn't SD having to overcome that?  A number of players or recruits rescinded including one who went to Ohio State so in essence he was confronted with the same challenges that Coach Skinner faced

Mine is not age discrimination and I am not advocating that; I am merely stating an opinion that coaching is a young man's game in the power conferences if you have not won a national title.  The comparison between Lavin and Skinner is not relevant due to the age differential.  It may not be fair but it is what it is.

And by the way I said "get a job"  not "win" without a national title.  Plenty of coaches over 60 win; they just do not get hired into power conferences

As far as attendance, much like your unwillingness to talk about the "excessive" turnover at various levels in the faculty and deans, mine are based on the box scores at the bceagles.com site.  My facts are drawn from there and you are free to validate them there.  At least they can be validated and are not just an opinion.  Please show me a site where the facts on turnover can be readily ascertained as they are there and I will no longer question you on this point.

I think my facts are pretty solid; have at it pal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

There's often significant turnover among administration when a university experiences a presidential transition.  To attribute that to someone's fault is not really a mature accusation.  Now, if you choose to claim that the president's new hires have expanded the disruption further throughout the organization, then perhaps you can document who has left or been pushed out.  Most of the posters don't work on campus so might not be privvy to what you know.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

All these folks who think BC is going to be terrible next year have no idea what they are talking about. BC is actually going to be better next year. They have six good to very good recruits (last one signed today) plus Humprhey the transfer from Oregon. Add in the returning Moton, Elmore and Rubin to Reggie Jackson...and BC will be fine.
    Posted by JamesGatz1

Gatz, I hope you are right and you may be.  Moton and Elmore don't impress me much other than being decent bench guys.  And all of their freshman are going to be, well freshmen.  Not saying they can't contribute, but I don't think what we have coming in will be better than Raji and Joe T.  That said, SDs 1st full recruiting class seems decent.  Time will tell on both.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

So you are focusing on his Cornell record but disregarding that this will be a winning season in his first year after he was left with a disaster of a recruiting class?  So now we have to wait six more years for a winning season even if it is apparent we will be above .500 this year?  The team is 16-10 with four regular season games left.  How do they not have a winning record in his first year at The Heights? According to you the dismissal of Skinner was also a disaster so isn't SD having to overcome that?  A number of players or recruits rescinded including one who went to Ohio State so in essence he was confronted with the same challenges that Coach Skinner faced Mine is not age discrimination and I am not advocating that; I am merely stating an opinion that coaching is a young man's game in the power conferences if you have not won a national title.  The comparison between Lavin and Skinner is not relevant due to the age differential.  It may not be fair but it is what it is. And by the way I said "get a job"  not "win" without a national title.  Plenty of coaches over 60 win; they just do not get hired into power conferences As far as attendance, much like your unwillingness to talk about the "excessive" turnover at various levels in the faculty and deans, mine are based on the box scores at the bceagles.com site.  My facts are drawn from there and you are free to validate them there.  At least they can be validated and are not just an opinion.  Please show me a site where the facts on turnover can be readily ascertained as they are there and I will no longr question you on this point. I think my facts are pretty solid; have at it pal.
    Posted by provpats

Prov, hilarious.  I also love the logic that because it took 7 years Cornell is will automatically mean that will happen here.  Sure wish I had that crystal ball, though I think I would have more fun with it.

Bottom line, he is going to have a winning season his first season at BC with players who were recruited to play a style of ball that is 180 degrees different than what his system is.  Not too freakin bad.

One rim out away by Reggie from beating UNC at their place.  Takes a coach to get a team ready to play a game like that after getting waxes 2 weeks ago by the same team.....doesn't seem to me they aren't listening, but heck what do I know, I only use basic logic!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts