Reflections on the Miami "game"

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle79. Show Eagle79's posts

Re: Reflections on the Miami "game"

Momort, Provpats,

What LP fails to acknowledge is that SD runs a different style of team than coach Al.  In fact, it is quite surprising that players that were recruited to play in the flex have been able to adapt into SD's style of playing.  That often takes more than a year so it is to both the players and the coaches credit that the team has won as many games as they have so far this year.

Further, LP does not acknowledge the recruiting that SD has done to bring in next year, his first recruiting class.  One player is listed as an ESPN 100 player, it has been quite a while since we got one of those.  Then again, coach Al and his assistants did a good job of finding diamonds in the rough, i.e. Craig Smith and Jarred Dudley.  Still, I like the direction of the recruiting.

And there is more, LP does not acknowledge that BC's team last year did not qualify for the NIT though it does appear that they will this year.  And to think that they did this after losing 3 fabulous players to other great programs, i.e. Ohio State, Baylor and Fairfield.  Imagine if those players had stayed . . .

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle79. Show Eagle79's posts

Momort,

I disagree about the Perk trade.  I loved the guy too but Pierce and Allen are beat at the end of every game and need someone to help them take a breather.  Green does that without the associated let down of some of the other players the Celtics may have considered.

He can also help spread the floor when the team goes "small" with Garnett at center.  Something they did a few years ago when they won with Posey.

Now, I am waiting for LP to post about Danny Ainge's reign of terror with the Celtics taking up the BCI(Beheaded Celtics Institute) mantle.

Seriously, much of how well the Celtics do will depend upon whether Shaq can stay healthy throughout the playoffs and who else they may pick up over the next week or two.  I say watch for Rasheed Wallace to help them make a run.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

In Response to Re: Reflections on the Miami "game":
    [QUOTE]Momort, I disagree about the Perk trade.  I loved the guy too but Pierce and Allen are beat at the end of every game and need someone to help them take a breather.  Green does that without the associated let down of some of the other players the Celtics may have considered. He can also help spread the floor when the team goes "small" with Garnett at center.  Something they did a few years ago when they won with Posey. Now, I am waiting for LP to post about Danny Ainge's reign of terror with the Celtics taking up the BCI(Beheaded Celtics Institute) mantle. Seriously, much of how well the Celtics do will depend upon whether Shaq can stay healthy throughout the playoffs and who else they may pick up over the next week or two.  I say watch for Rasheed Wallace to help them make a run.
    Posted by Eagle79[/QUOTE]

I have two points on Perk.  One, the entire Celtics run was based on toughness and defense.  Perk was a huge part of that, and it's gone.  As players like Lebron and Kobe have said, it was hard to play against Boston because they beat you up, especially in a 7 game series.  This isn't the case any longer.  They lost their only true enforcer.  They may end being better as a team, and that's a big maybe, but in the middle of a title run Danny totally changed the complection of this team.  Also, if we are relying on Shaq being healthy we are f'd.  He has missed an average of 40% of his games each season for the last 8.  And that's a guy who think will be healthy?  Come on now...i agree they needed someone to help paul and ray, but not at the expense of Perk...no way...

Second thought.  I just don't think you trade a guy like Perk in the middle of a season.  Not after preaching defense and "the core" that has been through all of this together.  Then Perk blows out his knee, they claim they would have won if he'd been in game 7, Perk feels awful about this, works his butt off like no other to get back, he comes back everyone is pumped for the run and BAM they trade him?  No way, Danny looked too much as this from a buzz and not enough from an emotional side.  No matter if you think this trade made them better (and that's a moster sized if) he should not have made that trade, it wasn't right. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Reflections on the Miami "game" : Momort, the BC fan, not the graduate has loaded up the boards with his I think's yes, his I thinks ... needless to say,  nobody cares what you think ... Bikos is your joe sub average BC troll outside of Conte where his shooting % slips to your foot size!
    Posted by whr[/QUOTE]

Hey, dumb high school kid, if you are going to post please at least do it so we can understand what the heck you are trying to say.  You are writing as if you are drunk.  Slow down and type carefully so the words you string together work together.

And yes, I know no one cares what I think.  No one cares what you think either.  Who cares...? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Reflections on the Miami "game" : Momort, the BC fan, not the graduate has loaded up the boards with his I think's yes, his I thinks ... needless to say,  nobody cares what you think ... Bikos is your joe sub average BC troll outside of Conte where his shooting % slips to your foot size!
    Posted by whr[/QUOTE]

I mean seriously, tell me if you've had a major brain injury because that would explain it and I'd actually feel bad.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

Posted by whr[/QUOTE]

as long as his % doesn't slip to your IQ, he is all set

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]You guys are BORING--BORING--BORING...Young team/experienced team/Skinner is better than Steve D/ you don't give SD enough time/ we have given him enough time...The guy is in his first year here---he isn't a coach K (We NEVER thought we would get a coach K at BC)--he did inherit the whole team (Except for a walk on or two).The kids are trying ; they are not laying down on the job. I admire Trapani--he goes out there every night to work his butt off--some nights it works/others it doesn't.  What do I know; I thought the Celts ought to have kept Harangody-I don't think they gave him enough play time. Even if he is an ND; I wish him luck. Boy, I can hardly wait until football season; this new OC better turn Rettig around IMMEDIATELY and have him throwing to two of the All American receivers they have on the team.. For God's sake guys--enjoy what we have here!!!
    Posted by kenneyc[/QUOTE]

Enjoy what we have here? BC has nothing! Football ... get high wood for UMASS AMHERST and another Toilet Bowl!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamesGatz1. Show JamesGatz1's posts

Posted by whr[/QUOTE]

Whr - how many times a week do you utter eihter the phrase "Um....Would you like fries with that?" or "For an extra .50 you can upgrade to a large?".

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bc64jg. Show bc64jg's posts

Why do I get the feeling that 10 years from now these threads will still be debating BC's move to the ACC, whether SD is a good or bad coach, that Skinner was a great coach, that BC can't beat any school in any sporting event etc.  You guys argue endlessly about things that only make you all feel better.  As for an exchange of information - it's a total waste.  For entertainment value - it works for a while - then after a few months, it doesn't work on any level. 
    PS - Wy do I also have the feeling in 10 years, the same picture of BU holding the Beanpot will still be featured.  This is a garbage site and you have have had a hand in making it what it is today - total junk.a sad 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]Why do I get the feeling that 10 years from now these threads will still be debating BC's move to the ACC, whether SD is a good or bad coach, that Skinner was a great coach, that BC can't beat any school in any sporting event etc.  You guys argue endlessly about things that only make you all feel better.  As for an exchange of information - it's a total waste.  For entertainment value - it works for a while - then after a few months, it doesn't work on any level.  PS - Wy do I also have the feeling in 10 years, the same picture of BU holding the Beanpot will still be featured.  This is a garbage site and you have have had a hand in making it what it is today - total junk.a sad 
    Posted by bc64jg[/QUOTE]
    Perhaps AARP.com  has the site for you when grads of this era can catch up on cuts forthcoming bc64jgway in Medicare and SSI!  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]LP, you are a monster hipocrit.... Fact you provided: Steve took 6 years to win at cornell. Fact your ignored: Steve dominated his last 6 seasons at cornell bring an ivy league further than any ivy in years. Fact you provided-skinner was the winningest coach in bc history Fact you ignored-he had a losing season 2 or his last 3 seasons Fact you ignored-Skinner took 3 seasons to have a winning record at BC Fact you ignored-Steve will have a winning record in year 1 at BC Fact you provided-Ravenel is so good OSU wanted him Fact you ignored-he was so good your own hero Skinner WOULDN'T PLAY HIM LAST SEASON... Fact you provided-Steve recruits have done nothing Fact your ignored-Steve hasn't had a normal full recruiting season yet. Fact you provided-Jim OBs had 4 recruits "bail" Fact you are wrong about-BC denied admission to 3 of those recruits due to their lack of grades and the 4th bailed Fact you provided-Skinner had to rebuild, so that's his excuse for losing for 3 seasons Fact you ignored-Skinner lost 2 or his last 3 seasons so the team at hand wasn't very good.  So Steve had to rebuild himself yet was able to pull off a winning season despite that.  Point you claim-last seasons team was young Fact you ignored-the group you yourself have called the core, raji, joe t, southern, paris ARE ALL SENIORS, meaning they were juniors last season along with sanders and that my friend is not a young team.... Shall I go on????  Nah, I think I've made my point....    
    Posted by momort[/QUOTE]

momort  ...please get a life! Donahue is not quality a coach, he is an obsure misquito in a large lilly pond the NCAA Top 25! Take on a ranked team as UCONN and he dangles in obscurity in coaching ability!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Reflections on the Miami "game" : We don't care about your two points on Perk! Your ranting has nothing to do about your beloved BC fantasies on the MD game. 
    Posted by whr[/QUOTE]

Who is this "we" you refer to?  I am quite sure you don't speak for anyone else on here.

And the MD game?  What are you talking about?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]Why do I get the feeling that 10 years from now these threads will still be debating BC's move to the ACC, whether SD is a good or bad coach, that Skinner was a great coach, that BC can't beat any school in any sporting event etc.  You guys argue endlessly about things that only make you all feel better.  As for an exchange of information - it's a total waste.  For entertainment value - it works for a while - then after a few months, it doesn't work on any level.  PS - Wy do I also have the feeling in 10 years, the same picture of BU holding the Beanpot will still be featured.  This is a garbage site and you have have had a hand in making it what it is today - total junk.a sad 
    Posted by bc64jg[/QUOTE]

I don't disagree with you, so help make it better.  There are few who come with actual conversation and debate points....What do you have to say?

Sections
Shortcuts