Reflections on the San Francisco Bowl Game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Re: Reflections on the San Francisco Bowl Game

LongPotter, don't waste your time.  That's what he does.  He pulls comments out his A and when someone takes time to respond with actual facts he totally ignores it.  You won't get anywhere with him.

I just read that BC football has one of their best recruiting classes ever coming in.  Now we all know that a recruiting class is no good until it proves it on the field, but that with the young team we already have is quite promising.  I am pumped

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from athos16. Show athos16's posts

As for the actual game, BC was a block in the back away from a tie ballgame. The officials finally caught  on to the fact that the one Nevada cornerback was holding hands with BC receivers on deep routes, unfortunately it was during the last10 minutes,

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

In Response to Re: Reflections on the San Francisco Bowl Game:
    [QUOTE]Momort, LP does selective responses.  When he is called on things he generally ignores them, particularly if there are links to facts.  If he actually has something negative, i.e. a BC loss, he is quick to respond. I still await his response on when alumni giving rate turns from pathetic to good to excellent.  Further, that BC provides some merit based scholarships beyond the presidential ones. I do not mind him posting . . . it is just such a waste and spam for him to have the long signature.  The moderators should do something about it, like whenever he posts they eliminate the portion after the post.  He should really put that in his profile not his signature.
    Posted by Eagle79[/QUOTE]

Get on with your life; Get on with your life BC trolls, and forget your dismal appearance in Cheese Whiz Bowl it has past as will bad constipation! BC has a dreadfull athletic program, always a bridesmaid except for the puckheads which have absolutely zero National notority failures in Football, basketball, and their woman's programs have hit the toilet! BC is an enigma of their days of yester' year the 1942 Sugar Bowl1  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]While I am at it . . . I thought I should comment on this gem from LP: Same coach for 26 years (a no-no in Dear Leader Land) a no-no in Dear Leader Land, really?  How about the length of time the soccer coaches have been at BC?  How about the length of time Spaziani has been at BC.  Basically, they like continuity where appropriate.  I also think they wanted things to work out with Coach Al. Now, I never responded to vbats, but I do not see how many of the coaching hires had better reputations than the current ones, i.e. Chuck Daly.  It was his first head coaching position and he left for Penn then the NBA. Let's take a look at the new head coaches at some big programs, Michigan, some guy from San Diego State, Florida, an assistant from somewhere else, Miami, the former Temple coach.  What does that say about their programs?  Nothing except that they are trying to hire someone on the way up who may stay for a while.
    Posted by Eagle79[/QUOTE]

You forgot Spaziani a reject from half the Division 1 programs out there and a career assistant. BC keep on scheduling Stony Brook U's and the insignificants in the soft ACC Atlantic! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]As for the actual game, BC was a block in the back away from a tie ballgame. The officials finally caught  on to the fact that the one Nevada cornerback was holding hands with BC receivers on deep routes, unfortunately it was during the last10 minutes,
    Posted by athos16[/QUOTE]

BC fell a sleep at the light switch; and always will!  Bc is not a big time College program and needs to stick with the UMAINE'S & UNH's to feel important so the trolls can bragg about their importance. BC 0-3 in bowl appearances keep the streak going!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailman2. Show sailman2's posts

In Response to Reflections on the San Francisco Bowl Game:
    [QUOTE]Reflections on the San Francisco Bowl Game   WHAT NEVADA HAD THAT WE LACKED  Same coach for 26 years (a no-no in Dear Leader Land)  Fans at the game (Even the broadcasters noted the "tremendous"  difference in support for the blue vs maroon/gold)  A quarterback who was not an interception clinic;  A school band in attendance;  A rep for speaking the truth WHAT BCI (NEE BC) HAD THAT NEVADA LACKED The streaker Was it Momort? Gaztzie? Screen Name Goes Here? Flippo? ·      ·      
    Posted by Longputter[/QUOTE]

Where are we going with this insipid discussion?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LongPotter. Show LongPotter's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Reflections on the San Francisco Bowl Game : Get on with your life; Get on with your life BC trolls, and forget your dismal appearance in Cheese Whiz Bowl it has past as will bad constipation! BC has a dreadfull athletic program, always a bridesmaid except for the puckheads which have absolutely zero National notority failures in Football, basketball, and their woman's programs have hit the toilet! BC is an enigma of their days of yester' year the 1942 Sugar Bowl1  
    Posted by cheeroh[/QUOTE]

As a BC fan nothing gives me greater pleasure than reading the semi-literate rants of the BC haters.  Because nothing proves how utterly juvenile, ignorant and ill-educated that lot is.

To the other BC haters out there - this (above) is a perfect represntation of your ilk. Someone who would write the sentence: "BC is an enigma of their days of yester' year the 1942 Super Bowl1". Really? This is who you enjoy associating with? Is there a job other than manual labor that cheeroh is qualified for? Any BC student picked at random could have produced a more coherent, better written paragraph - when they were in eighth grade.

Look at cheeroh's last three posts. The read as if written by a 12 year old half-wit, then translated into Chinese and then translated back into English.

Thanks for you input, cheeroh.  Enjoy your life of minium wage, furious onansim, and wallowing in your hatred of BC.  Us BC fans will enjoy our great lives, great jobs and the fun of rooting for the Eagles, one of only two Catholic colleges in the entire United States that competes in all the major sports.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle79. Show Eagle79's posts

Cheeroh,

You obviously have not checked your facts.  While BC football had a down year many of the other programs have had a very good year.  BC has over 25 D1 programs, more than many other schools.  Both the mens and womens soceer teams went to the NCAAs with the women going to the final 4.

The move to the ACC has been good for the school both athletically and academically.  BC is often cited for their excellent job graduating athletes.  While we always would like to do better, overall we are pleased with the athletic program at BC.

Not sure why you are obsessed with BC.  So, I suggest you get on with your own life. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

[QUOTE]LP, Did you miss this entire post: ---------- Here's one more example of LP purported "rep for speaking the truth": Is Nevada-Reno The Most Corrupt College Ever? Fraud, embezzlement, forgery, perjury, and animal abuse - they’re not your garden variety NCAA violations, but they’re what former University of Nevada soccer coach Terri Petraw claims occurred during her tenure with the Wolf Pack. http://sportsbybrooks.com/is-nevada-reno-the-most-corrupt-school-ever-26016 When you said that Nevada had a "reputation for honesty" that was a lie.  I  am open to the possiblity that you probably had no idea what you were talking about. But when you assert something to be true that you don't know is true...that is a lie, isn't it? --------------- Even if the move to the WAC stuff is up for debate you can't say that a college that is being  accused of being the "most corrupt college ever" has a reputation for telling the truth. Clearly they don't have a reputation for the truth, even discounting the move to the WAC.
    Posted by LongPotter[/QUOTE]

Hey, Gatzie,

How about posting under ONE screen name.

You fool no one by using other names (e.g. Long-Potter); your language is too identifiable.

For ONE disgruntled professor to make allegations not proven anywhere does NOT detract from a reputation for truth.

And you STILL have not acknowledged that the complaint filed by the WAC has NO allegation of untruth or misconduct by Nevada.

FACT: Nevada mislead NO ONE.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iamahohoho. Show Iamahohoho's posts

Mr. Putter maybe you should reflect more on little putter and it would work a little better.  Posting ridiculous lies here will not fix your problem.

love
    hoho

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

LP, to say that Nevada moving to another conference is somehow someway different than BC doing the same exact thing is ridiculous.  I mean, at least put a little thought into your argument.  That's just being lazy dude.

As I said in another post, college sports are about money.  nothing more, nothing less.  the sooner people accept that, the easier it is to just enjoy the games and forget the other crap. 

I mean heck, the BCS is fixed, illegal and corrupt.  Not a shocker, we all know this.  So you either don't watch or accept and watch.  Pretty simple.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAS881. Show CHAS881's posts

If Bloviate College finishes 80th in the rankings next year will the they increase the Bowl Games to 40?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Reflections on the San Francisco Bowl Game : Momort please get a life and never mind LP's antics on his blog ... your reponses to his comments are insipid, childish and borderline ignorance even for a BC troll. Now go back to your little job Football and Basketball is all done at the Heights! Seek alternative recreation.
    Posted by UofNDKing[/QUOTE]

Hey ND dork, why in the world would you think I'd listen to you?  If I want to respond to LP, I will respond to LP.  I especially won't listen to someone who is a fan of the biggest joke in college sports.  Let me know guess, this is how ND's football season will go for the 15 year in a row.   Because the national media can't help but kiss their a**, they will start the season in the top 25 and anyone with any college football knowledge will know its a joke.  Then they will have a crappy season (making those of us who bet on games a lot of money in the process as its always easy to make money on them losing) and the national media will again write articles like "what's wrong with ND football" when the reality is, nothing is wrong, it's just who they are.  ND has not been a good relevant team in a very long time and again to those who pay attention is comes as no surprise.  They will win enough games to make a bowl that is about 3 levels about where they deserve and they will get crushed.  Again making people a lot of easy $$$. 

Now before you get your panties in a bunch, I am fully aware they beat up on a crappy Miami team, so congrats, big win.  ND has now won 2 bowl games since 1994.  Pretty awesome.

Now go back to your cornfield and quiet down.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Interesting that ND's comments all of a sudden disappear when he realizes that ND football is a joke.  Not to worry, they are still reflected in my post back to him.

At least BC realizes that space they fill in the football world.  Sadly ND still thinks they should be relevant in a national title chase each year.  Earth to ND fans, when it's over 15 years since that was the case, it's probably a good guess that it's over!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from eaglebeagle1. Show eaglebeagle1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Reflections on the San Francisco Bowl Game : Hey ND dork, why in the world would you think I'd listen to you?  If I want to respond to LP, I will respond to LP.  I especially won't listen to someone who is a fan of the biggest joke in college sports.  Let me know guess, this is how ND's football season will go for the 15 year in a row.   Because the national media can't help but kiss their a**, they will start the season in the top 25 and anyone with any college football knowledge will know its a joke.  Then they will have a crappy season (making those of us who bet on games a lot of money in the process as its always easy to make money on them losing) and the national media will again write articles like "what's wrong with ND football" when the reality is, nothing is wrong, it's just who they are.  ND has not been a good relevant team in a very long time and again to those who pay attention is comes as no surprise.  They will win enough games to make a bowl that is about 3 levels about where they deserve and they will get crushed.  Again making people a lot of easy $$$.  Now before you get your panties in a bunch, I am fully aware they beat up on a crappy Miami team, so congrats, big win.  ND has now won 2 bowl games since 1994.  Pretty awesome. Now go back to your cornfield and quiet down.
    Posted by momort[/QUOTE]

I love it!  The "King" is now responding to those of us who respond to LP or who choose to ignore LP! For a fan who thinks his teams are so superior to BC's, it looks like BC is really under his skin.  Wonder why he feels such a need to post about BC sports?  A case of the "King" having no clothes, methinksLaughing

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1994. Show 1994's posts

Beagle - its even funnier.  This "king" went to Rice, one of the worst programs in hoops and football and a perennial CUSA doormat.  What a loser.  Yet, he bashes other schools.   Can't make this stuff.

Go home rice ball!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1994. Show 1994's posts

Those owls have a terrific 0-4 conference record in the challenging CUSA.  

NDriceball rocks!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

[QUOTE]Interesting that ND's comments all of a sudden disappear when he realizes that ND football is a joke.  Not to worry, they are still reflected in my post back to him. At least BC realizes that space they fill in the football world.  Sadly ND still thinks they should be relevant in a national title chase each year.  Earth to ND fans, when it's over 15 years since that was the case, it's probably a good guess that it's over!
    Posted by momort[/QUOTE]

If ND football is such a joke, how come they beat us this year?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

If you cared to read my comments I said it's a joke because ND still thinks they are national champ contenders year in and year out.  Which of course, they are not nor will they ever be again.  I said in comparison at least BC knows the space they fill and don't fire coaches every 3 years when they don't achieve expectations that are unreachable to begin with.....

And before you get all in a tif, Tom Ob left, he was not fired, and Jags got himself fired by doing something he was told would get him fired.  That is different than being fired for not living up to a win/loss expectation.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

LP they beat "us" this year because they were better...I think that explains it.   Much like several recent years where they lost the BC game.

Sections
Shortcuts