Reflections on the San Francisco Bowl Game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Re: Reflections on the San Francisco Bowl Game

If you actually cared to look at the game from a real point of view, here is it:
    *BC's defense proved to be one of the best in the country holding a team that is #15 and scores 40+ points a game to 20 points (13 really as 7 were special teams).  This defense is very young and with the exception of Herz it will be loaded next season.
    *An offense that has players as you can see from the freshman running back and fresh receivers, but they need a QB.  Rettig has the arm and he wants to be good, but the game needs to slow down for him.  He is clearly not ready to play, most true freshman aren't, but the fact that he did play will prove to be very valuable.
    *Most were calling for this game to be a blow out and BC was in it until the end.  For a team that have well over 20 freshman and sophmores, I am pretty happy.  Nevada beat a potential nat'l champ in Boise St and we hung wtih them as a very young team. 
    *What BC needs.  A new O coordinator.  Preferably one that we don't drag out of retirement.  A big leap by Rettig. 

LP, you will find reasons to hate, I mean no one expects anything else.  However, this is a team that is poised to be very good for the next few years.  And yet you will find something to complain about because thats what you do.  And you will add to your profile and tell us its the truth.  In reality no one cares anymore what you say.  I simply responded to this because I want to talk about the bowl game.  I am interested to hear what others thing about the football team.....anyone else share my optimism?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

zzzzzzzzz

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kenneyc. Show kenneyc's posts

I agree with Momort. No excuses, but BC did hold down a very explosive team to a reputable score. The defense was beyond and above expectations. One can imagine how they will mature over the next two years. As far as the offense is concerned; the jury is probably still out on Rettig; but look at the receiving corps as well when you evaluate him. I wonder how Montel and Williams will be "in tandem' next year. A "NEW" O coordinator will have to take all that in consideration and let's hope that spot is filled ASAP.The TV announcers made too much out of a Nevada QB vs Newton comparison..Sorry, in my mind not really that close. LP-of course, there were more Nevadans there--they only had to drive over from Reno--come-on LP get real!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

Why do you wait to post until BC loses a contest or something else negative happens? I'm thinking you're either Felger or Skinner...

The good think about it is, your self-imposed posting practices often create a long gap between your posts...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Kenny, I think Rettig is the real thing.  Even last night he made some good throws that were dropped.  That said, he was just overwhelmed too often.  A O-coord not in his 70s will help that, as will an entire offseason at school. 

The announcers spent the entire game kissing the A of Nevada despite them not playing well.  It was like they prepared for a Nevada whooping and couldn't change it up when that didn't happen.  And to have no mention really of it being Herz's last game is awful.  Then again, it's why there were doing this bowl to begin with.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle79. Show Eagle79's posts

LP,

According to the official Kraft Fight Hunger bowl web-site:

Game day will begin with a pep rally in Union Square, open to the public, at 11:30 am. Coaches and players from both teams will participate, along with the Nevada marching band and Boston College pep band.

A couple of things, yes, it says pep band, so it probably was not the full marching band but it was a BC band.  I heard the BC fight song when they scored near the end of the game, I am sure that was not the Nevada band playing the BC fight song.

You should note that many times bands do not travel with the teams.  For example, until just a couple of years ago the Notre Dame band had never traveled to USC.

Regardless, I agree with the others, there is much to build upon.  Let's start with a coach who has been at the school for over 12 years.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

In Response to Reflections on the San Francisco Bowl Game:
    [QUOTE]Reflections on the San Francisco Bowl Game   WHAT NEVADA HAD THAT WE LACKED  Same coach for 26 years (a no-no in Dear Leader Land)  Fans at the game (Even the broadcasters noted the "tremendous"  difference in support for the blue vs maroon/gold)  A quarterback who was not an interception clinic;  A school band in attendance;  A rep for speaking the truth WHAT BCI (NEE BC) HAD THAT NEVADA LACKED The streaker Was it Momort? Gaztzie? Screen Name Goes Here? Flippo? ·      ·      
    Posted by Longputter[/QUOTE]

Wasn't me but I feel honored to be mentioned by name in one of your posts.

By the way, why was your thread about ticket prices, PSLs and BC decision making deleted? Did you post something nasty? And did you answer my question?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamesGatz1. Show JamesGatz1's posts

In Response to Reflections on the San Francisco Bowl Game:
    [QUOTE]Reflections on the San Francisco Bowl Game   WHAT NEVADA HAD THAT WE LACKED .....  A school band in attendance;...a reputation for honesty

Ho, hum. Two more lies from the king of liars.

First, BC did have a band there.

Also Nevada has a "rep for speaking the truth"? Than why is the WAC filing suit against Nevada for leaving the WAC?

I think I have figured you out.  When you are discussing BC you just will go to any ends to slur BC including telling lies.

But when you are trying to compare BC to other schools, I don't think those are lies. I literally think you have no understanding or knowledge of college athletics outside of what is happening on the BC campus.

You apparently had no idea that Nevada was involved in litigation for leaving the WAC, did you?

""Our membership believes strongly that the fair and right thing to do is for Fresno State and Nevada to fulfill their obligation," Benson said. "If we simply said, 'Fine, go ahead and join the Mountain West a year early,' the damages that the WAC could incur are very, very significant."

That's only one of a few juicy quotes from this article:
    http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/2010/09/14/wac-files-lawsuit-against-fresno-state-nevada-mountain-west/

And there are numerous other articles out there detailing similar charges

So we have two options

A. You knew Nevada was being sued and bad-mouthed by the other WAC schools but you decided to lie abou it.

B. You have no understanding of college sports and constantly tripping over yourself to try and make anti-BC remarks.

I think B is probably closer to the truth as you have constantly shown your complete ignorance about college sports. You really did think that BC fired coaches at some unprecedented rate, didn't you? Even though anyone with even a modicum of knowledge of college sports would tell you that high turnover is normal in this environment.

When you get a chance please explain how Nevada leaving the WAC was morally upright but BC leaving the Big East was an outrage? And please don't say "because they lied about it" as that is what the other WAC schools are saying about Nevada.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamesGatz1. Show JamesGatz1's posts

LP, What was your quote again? Nevada has a "..rep for speakign the truth"?

The suit outlines six areas of “immediate irreparable injury” that would be caused by Fresno State and Nevada’s potential 2011 departure. The areas include loss of television revenues, problems scheduling football games, potential loss of the WAC’s share of BCS revenue distribution, harm to the league’s image, problems finding new conference members, and problems fulfilling bowl contracts.
    Really?

You are a joke.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamesGatz1. Show JamesGatz1's posts

Here's one more example of LP purported "rep for speaking the truth":

Is Nevada-Reno The Most Corrupt College Ever?

Fraud, embezzlement, forgery, perjury, and animal abuse - they’re not your garden variety NCAA violations, but they’re what former University of Nevada soccer coach Terri Petraw claims occurred during her tenure with the Wolf Pack.

http://sportsbybrooks.com/is-nevada-reno-the-most-corrupt-school-ever-26016

When you said that Nevada had a "reputation for honesty" that was a lie.  I  am open to the possiblity that you probably had no idea what you were talking about. But when you assert something to be true that you don't know is true...that is a lie, isn't it?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamesGatz1. Show JamesGatz1's posts

This just in....

LongPutter blames Fr. Leahy for the shooting of Congresswoman Giffords. He foistered and nutured an atmosphere of hatred and intolerance in Arizona that created an enviornment ripe for violence.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iamahohoho. Show Iamahohoho's posts

Little putter - where are you hiding?  Hoho can save you and make you a man again.  ED can be overcome.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Reflections on the San Francisco Bowl Game:[QUOTE] Why do you wait to post until BC loses a contest or something else negative happens?
    Posted by trbow[/QUOTE]

Because that is all he has to do is hate cause that's what racists do...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaRocket. Show DaRocket's posts

In Response to Re: Reflections on the San Francisco Bowl Game:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Reflections on the San Francisco Bowl Game : BC's  season is over! A 7-6 miserable season culminated by a boring appearance in a worthless Bowl!  Please stay away from the City by the Bay; the godaddy.com Bowl was more exciting and the BC band boys would always be  welcomed next year if Notre Dame does not beat BC out again! 
    Posted by whr[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaRocket. Show DaRocket's posts

You guys are missing the obvious.   LP is actually a woman.  And people like whr are not jealous of BC.  They're angry that their applications to BC were rejected.  In retrospect wise decisions by admissions me thinks.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

That's hilarious.  Saying Nevada speaks the truth as they are ditching their conference.  You know the same move that LP said was such a horrible thing for BC to do.

That's awesome.  What won't be awesome is how he'll ingore all of this and go off on some other nonsense rant.

New O-Coord for BC is rumored to be some guy who has worked at both Boise St and Florida I think.  Hopefully he can bring in some imagination to an offense that lacked it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle79. Show Eagle79's posts

Momort,

LP does selective responses.  When he is called on things he generally ignores them, particularly if there are links to facts.  If he actually has something negative, i.e. a BC loss, he is quick to respond.

I still await his response on when alumni giving rate turns from pathetic to good to excellent.  Further, that BC provides some merit based scholarships beyond the presidential ones.

I do not mind him posting . . . it is just such a waste and spam for him to have the long signature.  The moderators should do something about it, like whenever he posts they eliminate the portion after the post.  He should really put that in his profile not his signature.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle79. Show Eagle79's posts

While I am at it . . . I thought I should comment on this gem from LP:

Same coach for 26 years (a no-no in Dear Leader Land)

a no-no in Dear Leader Land, really?  How about the length of time the soccer coaches have been at BC?  How about the length of time Spaziani has been at BC.  Basically, they like continuity where appropriate.  I also think they wanted things to work out with Coach Al.

Now, I never responded to vbats, but I do not see how many of the coaching hires had better reputations than the current ones, i.e. Chuck Daly.  It was his first head coaching position and he left for Penn then the NBA.

Let's take a look at the new head coaches at some big programs, Michigan, some guy from San Diego State, Florida, an assistant from somewhere else, Miami, the former Temple coach.  What does that say about their programs?  Nothing except that they are trying to hire someone on the way up who may stay for a while.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

Eagle, you almost tempted me to go check out his profile...I resisted.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

In Response to Re: Reflections on the San Francisco Bowl Game:
    [QUOTE]#1..... Rather, there was a difference of opinion as to when the WAC bylaws permit a team to depart. 

#2.........and BC went to a MA court to get the withdrawal penalty reduced. AND that action drew a wide swath of negative publicity for alma mater.

#3......I have not heard announcers on Nevada games continually (or at all, for that matter) citing its untruth, as they do regarding a certain Catholic-in-name-only institution in MA.

#4.....Peace and be safe in the snow, chums.

In order
    #1 - There is no difference of opinion. The WAC rules clearly state that July 1 is the deadline for leaving the conference the following year. Nevada sent notice in August and so should be required to stay in the conference through the 2011 season. For you to claim this is a difference of opinion is silly

#2 - And the court decided in favor of BC!!!

#3 - Please provide evidence and facts supporting your assertion that announcers "continually" cite the alleged untruthfulness of BC. I have never heard it.

#4 - You couldn't care less about my safety and I'm  not your chum

Have you ever contributed a penny to BC?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

LP, dude, come on now.  You are wrong with this Nevada deal.  They are doing the SAME EXACT THING that BC did.  They are leaving their conference.  There is no difference.  You got caught not knowing all that was going on, a tad bit of egg on your face, and you really have no way out other than to say, well, nothing of substance.

I don't blame schools for leaving a conference.  THis is a money makeing industry.  I have a problem with the morons who deny this and the other morons who refuse to see this.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Long-putter. Show Long-putter's posts

Looks like other LP just gets mad when others show him how wrong he is.  Real creative to call someone else a moron.  Definitely a unconn grad!

This time it sounds like he is taking his ball and running home crying.  Must be that hoho of his that he is running to.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LongPotter. Show LongPotter's posts

LP, Did you miss this entire post:

----------

Here's one more example of LP purported "rep for speaking the truth":

Is Nevada-Reno The Most Corrupt College Ever?

Fraud, embezzlement, forgery, perjury, and animal abuse - they’re not your garden variety NCAA violations, but they’re what former University of Nevada soccer coach Terri Petraw claims occurred during her tenure with the Wolf Pack.

http://sportsbybrooks.com/is-nevada-reno-the-most-corrupt-school-ever-26016

When you said that Nevada had a "reputation for honesty" that was a lie.  I  am open to the possiblity that you probably had no idea what you were talking about. But when you assert something to be true that you don't know is true...that is a lie, isn't it?

---------------

Even if the move to the WAC stuff is up for debate you can't say that a college that is being  accused of being the "most corrupt college ever" has a reputation for telling the truth. Clearly they don't have a reputation for the truth, even discounting the move to the WAC.

Sections
Shortcuts