Reggie Jackson Declares for NBA Draft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SlimPickensII. Show SlimPickensII's posts

Re: Reggie Jackson Declares for NBA Draft

I'm not sure what LP said, since as long as his .sig is a mile long he'll remain on ignore.  I can see that the UConn troll also has nothing interesting or useful to say so buh-bye to that jerk too.  

As for the BC player, sounds like a good move.  Again, this cost you absolutely nothing as long as agents are out of the picture.  You get some off season action against higher than usual caliper players,  and then you return to the College ranks.  It's a no-brainer, as long as Jackson is doing it for the right reasons and w/o delusions.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

In Response to Re: Reggie Jackson Declares for NBA Draft:
    In Response to Re: Reggie Jackson Declares for NBA Draft : Take heart, momort.  LP has destroyed whatever credibility he might have had (if he ever had it) a long time ago.  His recent post is a case in point. He was the one who brought up the attendance.  You destroyed his argument by showing the official attendance figures for this year compared to last. He was the one who cited BC's alumni giving rate as a sign that "no one cares for the place."  A lot of us, including myself, destroyed his argument by showing the official alumni giving rates of other schools - facts which showed that BC was right in the middle of the Top 50 alumni giving rates and was ahead of or virtually the  same as many other schools - including Georgetown, GT, et al. He was the one who cited that "BE BB was thriving" compared to the ACC by citing how many BE teams were in the Top 25 compared to the ACC. I agreed with his comment and cited HIS logic to support ACC FB supremacy over the BE.  After all, this past year FOUR ACC teams finished in the Top 25 compared to ZERO teams from the Big East.  Now, of course, he forgets he ever made such an argument.  Again - more hypocrisy. And yes, BC IS a superior academic school in the eyes of many.  Just refer to the USN&WR which is the survey that these schools all use - including Uconn - to advertise their academic pedigree.  I invite PL to access the 2010 survey and go down the list of National Universities, pick out where BC falls...now continue further down the list to see where Uconn falls.  Again - his argument destroyed. One interesting thing about LP.  He slams BC for every small thing he can imagine.  Yet in his praise for Uconn, he is very willing to forget some serious and embarrassing developments regarding the men's BB program - the major NCAA sanctions that were levied against them just a couple of months ago, their horrific graduuation rate, the embarrassing story in both the Globe and NYT this weekend.  One only wonders what he would be saying if these stories were being written about BC this year.  Methinks he would not be turning a blind eye to them as he has done for Uconn. If that isn't enough, he sadly makes an idiot out of himself with his claim that the JFK election was "not lawful."  Perhaps LP needs a good political science course to better understand how the US electoral system works. To sum it up, LP has made...and continues to make... a class A fool of himself on these boards.  Sad really.    
    Posted by Eagle78

This is very true.  It's not like he ever had any legit facts to back up a word he says.  It's all crazy drivel.  What's annoying is once he sees a dead-end on a thread he'll go and start a new one.....

BC has it's issues, I think I've shown myself willing to admit them.  However, anyone who is so one sided, well, frankly, belongs in politics I guess!  HA!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from commander007. Show commander007's posts

For the first & probably only time, I would have to agree with LP. The ACC calling themselves a superior conference is a joke. The only reason they are slightly better than the Big East in football is because of the raids they conducted several years ago. Before they expanded by first taking Florida State & then the 3 BE teams, who ever took the ACC serious as a football conference?
    For those who continally bash the Big East, what would the ACC's competitive level be like if Va Tech, Florida State & Miami  decided to bolt for the Big 10 or SEC? Your conference would be in the same boat as the Big East, needing several years to recover, while taking criticism from everyone else similar to what the BE has been going through. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

In Response to Re: Reggie Jackson Declares for NBA Draft : This is very true.  It's not like he ever had any legit facts to back up a word he says.  It's all crazy drivel.  What's annoying is once he sees a dead-end on a thread he'll go and start a new one..... BC has it's issues, I think I've shown myself willing to admit them.  However, anyone who is so one sided, well, frankly, belongs in politics I guess!  HA!
    Posted by momort

BC & AD Flippo are dead ends much talk no delivery and cetainly their programs have no substance ... hang out more at Mary Anne's and drown your sorrows. While your there tune into UND quest in the Frozen Four, and the UND - Aggie National Championship Game while you Google over the 3.2 beer!  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle78. Show Eagle78's posts

For the first & probably only time, I would have to agree with LP. The ACC calling themselves a superior conference is a joke. The only reason they are slightly better than the Big East in football is because of the raids they conducted several years ago. Before they expanded by first taking Florida State & then the 3 BE teams, who ever took the ACC serious as a football conference? For those who continally bash the Big East, what would the ACC's competitive level be like if Va Tech, Florida State & Miami  decided to bolt for the Big 10 or SEC? Your conference would be in the same boat as the Big East, needing several years to recover, while taking criticism from everyone else similar to what the BE has been going through. 
    Posted by commander007

Commander:  My point was not that the ACC is somehow superior to, say, the SEC, it was in comparison to the BE.  I was making a larger point using LP's own logic.  In other words, if you are going to use # of items in the top 25 as evidence of BB superiority over the ACC, be prepared for that logic to be used against the BE for FB where the ACC had 4 teams in the top 25 - compared to 0 for the BE..
    http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9530Discussion%3a2f2e090b-d745-45c6-80fc-e09fdd49e04a

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamesGatz1. Show JamesGatz1's posts

For the first & probably only time, I would have to agree with LP. The ACC calling themselves a superior conference is a joke. The only reason they are slightly better than the Big East in football is because of the raids they conducted several years ago. Before they expanded by first taking Florida State & then the 3 BE teams, who ever took the ACC serious as a football conference? For those who continally bash the Big East, what would the ACC's competitive level be like if Va Tech, Florida State & Miami  decided to bolt for the Big 10 or SEC? Your conference would be in the same boat as the Big East, needing several years to recover, while taking criticism from everyone else similar to what the BE has been going through. 
    Posted by commander007

Florida State has been part of the ACC for almost 20 years! The Big East came into existence as a football league in 1992, Florida State joined the ACC in 1993. (I might be off by a year or two).

To somehow talk of Florida State as not being a true part of the ACC is ridiculous.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle78. Show Eagle78's posts

In Response to Re: Reggie Jackson Declares for NBA Draft : BC & AD Flippo are dead ends much talk no delivery and cetainly their programs have no substance ... hang out more at Mary Anne's and drown your sorrows. While your there tune into UND quest in the  Frozen Four, and the UND - Aggie  National Championship Game while you Google over the 3.2 beer!  
    Posted by UofNDKing

Like the rest of the BE posters in these threads, you spend a lot of time here talking about how BC has "no substance."  If that is the case, why are you obsessed with them (virtually every post you make here is about BC) and what does that say about you?  I will let you ponder that question but I am sure it has gone completely over your head.

Congrats on the Frozen Four.  But hey, just a little suggestion.  before you taunt BC hockey fans, why don't you actually win it first.  BC has 4 men's hockey NC's - including  3 in the the last decade, 2 in the last 3 years.  How many hockey NC's does ND have??  Enough said.

Will you come back on to these threads if ND loses in both BB and hockey or will you slink away as you usually do after a ND loss?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

In Response to Re: Reggie Jackson Declares for NBA Draft : Like the rest of the BE posters in these threads, you spend a lot of time here talking about how BC has "no substance."  If that is the case, why are you obsessed with them (virtually every post you make here is about BC) and what does that say about you?  I will let you ponder that question but I am sure it has gone completely over your head. Congrats on the Frozen Four.  But hey, just a little suggestion.  before you taunt BC hockey fans, why don't you actually win it first.  BC has 4 men's hockey NC's - including  3 in the the last decade, 2 in the last 3 years.  How many hockey NC's does ND have??  Enough said. Will you come back on to these threads if ND loses in both BB and hockey or will you slink away as you usually do after a ND loss?
    Posted by Eagle78

If there is one person on here not worth responding to, it's NDKing.  He says nothing but garbage and refuses to actually engage in any back n forth chatter.....he is the classic waste of time

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Posted by commander007

I don't get your point.  The fact it, each conference has the schools that they have, at this point it really doesn't matter how they got them, they got them.  As it stands, BE football is in serious trouble.  If they are able to attract some more legit football programs it will be a different story, but until they do that BE football is in the gutter....

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

I have no problem with UCONN; they have done a fine job in FB and BB getting recognition

However if we want to talk about attendance, how about the stories that the Fiesta bowl actually cost UCONN $1.8 M due to the inability to sell their ticket guarantee?  What happened there?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamesGatz1. Show JamesGatz1's posts

In Response to Re: Reggie Jackson Declares for NBA Draft : You continue to pound on the key board with no meaning! Those esteem victors, or imposters with the cloak would sell one down the river in a heart beat as they did Jimmy O'Brien ... Keep up the second collection and then take a look in the mirror what Troll U represents ($$$$$) in it's endeavors through the years.  
    Posted by whr

whr, do you ride the short bus to school?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from commander007. Show commander007's posts

In Response to Re: Reggie Jackson Declares for NBA Draft : Commander:  My point was not that the ACC is somehow superior to, say, the SEC, it was in comparison to the BE.  I was making a larger point using LP's own logic.  In other words, if you are going to use # of items in the top 25 as evidence of BB superiority over the ACC, be prepared for that logic to be used against the BE for FB where the ACC had 4 teams in the top 25 - compared to 0 for the BE.. http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9530Discussion%3a2f2e090b-d745-45c6-80fc-e09fdd49e04a
    Posted by Eagle78

OK Eagle, I can understand your point. From that perspective, it does make sense.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

OK I am a little bored wating for the game so will go through LP's unfortunate post

Where is the proof of attendance?  It has been proven time and again that the attendance was better this year; again, I lay out my proposition that I will post the comparative attendance statistics if you post by position and number of holders of that position since 1996.  Pretty reasonable that we both put the facts out there don't you think, mon ami?

Reggie Jackson does not come from poverty. He is the son of an Air Force Dad, and spent his life moving from assignment to assignment with an intact family.

I never said that Jackson was from poverty, merely that many kids in those economic circumstances would at least look at this opportunity.  And I would imagine that being a USAF sergeant (thank you for your service, Mr. Jackson) means he will not be on the Forbes 400 anytime soon.  I also never said anything about Jackson's family circumstances that would require such a response.

Maybe you should read the intent of the post and not try to ascribe things that are written, like you do when you lay out facts( i.e., alumni giving) with some context.

Also, he has not hired an agent so that he can come back; many kids use this as an exploratory attempt.  There may be a new CBA coming, so if RJ thinks he can go reaonably well in the first round he just may do that as a new CBA is bound to be far more restrictive on salaries.

ACC superior in football? In your dreams.  asked and aswered with your own logic

BC a superior school? Yes, to those insecure enough to think it better than any other. It's OK, overpriced, fraudulent in its claim to Catholicity, treats its alumni like children, turns a deaf ear to middle class financial need, has acquired a rep for untruth since it changed administrations in 1996, and is a falling entity in football, basketball, athletic administration and its presidency.  Done and done again; completely disproven.  Over 32,000 applications over the past few years means there are a lot of dumb people out there who have not heard everything you lay out both above and in your sig.  How is that possible?  The press excoriates the admin; certainly someone has read it and spread it around in all these college reviews.

Other than that, why it's top notch.  It is top notch; very proud to have a child there.  And btw I also have a child at Nova and have asked on that campus about GDF and they have no hard feelings.  When was the last time you set foot on the Nova campus?

UConn is a fine school, with a hoops program (both sexes) that our alma mater can only dream of. I hope JC has socked away the money so that he can afford his three game NCAA-enforced vacation.

And, oh yeah: THEY are playing for the National Championship tomorrow night.  Congrats on a great year

Leahy did not lie re the departure from the Big East?  Proven on another thread; why not address the minutes that were presented, mon ami?

Now go get your shinebox and start another thread.  And while you're at it, get in the kitchen and make me some bacon and eggs!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

provpats,

You evidently never learned the difference between asserted and proven.  That you and other members of the Uber Alles crowd CLAIM things don't make them true. Where are your FACTS, m'boy?

Just whom did you speak to at Nova re Flippo?  Pray tell us that.

Yes, I have been on that campus.

Gatzie.

So, Dad took you to Laetare Sunday. You can do a Show and 
    Tell in school about that, perhaps.

As my signature states, The Institute excels at impressive liturgies. 
    And Fr. Himes is a friend, and an excellent teacher, priest and homilist.

He, however, does not determine policy at The Institute. Dear Leader does. And
    the conduct he shows and promotes hardly condones with the teachings of Catholicism IMHO.

All,

If ye believe that the dead of Chicago and environs did not elect JFK, then you likely think that the 44th President is a centrist.

Peace, mes amis.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamesGatz1. Show JamesGatz1's posts

All, If ye believe that the dead of Chicago and environs did not elect JFK, then you likely think that the 44th President is a centrist. Peace, mes amis .
    Posted by Longputter

Here is where we have the LP we know and love.  A complete inability to deal with facts that go against his established world view.

In 1960, John Kennedy won 303 electoral college votes.

Illinois was worth 27.

Take away Illinois 27, and JFK still has 276.

Electoral college majority was 269.

Every person living and dead in Illinois could have voted for Nixon and JFK still would have been President. JFK did not need the votes of anyone in Chicago to become President.

Facts, not lies.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamesGatz1. Show JamesGatz1's posts

Gatzie. So, Dad took you to Laetare Sunday. You can do a Show and  Tell in school about that, perhaps. As my signature states, The Institute excels at impressive liturgies.  And Fr. Himes is a friend, and an excellent teacher, priest and homilist. He, however, does not determine policy at The Institute. Dear Leader does. And the conduct he shows and promotes hardly condones with the teachings of Catholicism IMHO.
    Posted by Longputter

And this is where your delusions run off the rails....

This great Catholic (Fr. Himes) would really stand idly by while the University leader was someone whose conduct he shows and promotes "hardly condones with teachings of Catholicism"?

Does that make sense? Does that sound even remotely true?

This great man of character and integrity would stay slient while Fr. Leahy behaves in the manner you attribute him?

No, sorry. Unbelievable. Fr. Himes participation in events like these is implict (if not explcit) support and backin of the current leadership.

This is an alumni event, not even a academic event.

If Fr. Himes thought that something was amiss with Fr. Leahy's leadership he simply wouldn't participate in these events. If Fr. Leahy is as bad as you assert and Fr. Himes as good...then not only would he not participate in these events, he would leave Boston College entirely and speak out publicly.

When one major stakeholder speaks out publicly against Fr. Leahy, please let me know.

Until then your writing are the the ravings of an aggrevied crank.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

OK here we go again

You evidently never learned the difference between asserted and proven.  That you and other members of the Uber Alles crowd CLAIM things don't make them true. Where are your FACTS, m'boy?  I have offered to give them to you once you publish your facts on the turnover; or are these just your assertions with no facts to back them up?  I have given you the ability to proof the numbers I offered; you have not offered one number associated with one position.   My FACTS are readily ascertainable.  I will give them to you once you publish the FACTS behind your ASSERTION for all to see; I offer this to you with the greatest bonhommie, mon ami.  A true man and christian does not fear this, he embraces the opportunity to lay himself out to back things up

Just whom did you speak to at Nova re Flippo?  Pray tell us that.  I talked with three people associated with the athletic department including two varsity coaches.  Please tell us who the several Villanova associated people you talked with; or are these more of your "reliable sources" you had talked about with the Jags firing who were quickly abandoned when confronted with equal assertions of Jags's character deficiencies while in the pros.

Yes, I have been on that campus.  I did not ask if you had been on the campus; I asked when the last time you were on the Nova campus

How about those minutes?
    How about the lack of publicity in college guides about the admin's duplicity?
    How do you explain />32K applications including I believe a record number this year?
    How about the facts on RJ?
    What about criticism for Calhoun and the suspension, while bringing up other such things at BC which noone in the College was associated with?

The more facts that are presented the worse your reading comprehension becomes. Come on address the whole body of work please.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle79. Show Eagle79's posts

LP,

I have been away a bit as I have been reading other blogs and sites where some actual discussion occurs. 

Unfortunatly LP you continue to bloviate without evidence to back up your position.  As the others have said, the facts have been provided multiple times you just refuse to acknowledge them.  When confronted with real data you go all fuzzy, change the subject and start a new thread.  Unfortunately you are the one who does not understand the difference between "asserted" and "proven".

You are really just a rock thrower and we are calling you on it.  You cite some anonymous source about some Ireland land thing.  Where is your data, where are your facts, please provide links.  As many on Wikipedia say, "citation needed".  No need to go through the litany of things you have not responded to, you know what they are.  No need for us to provide what has also been provided multiple times.

You say alumni giving is "abysmal" and "pathetic" yet can not define your terms.  Your actions make you the classic definition of an Internet troll.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Lads,

Ask ANY member of the Board of Trustees if Dear Leader spent millions on an Ireland property in his first year without their OK.

I could refer you to their minutes, but they probably are not open to pubic scrutiny.

What authority does Fr. Himes, a professor, have over Dear Leader? If you think, MASTER GATZIE, that a professor would resign a good position in order to protest the actions of Dear Leader, you are naive. Who does that? Here or anywhere? Especially with jobs as hard to get as they are and have been for some time.

Provpats: Who are the 3 varsity coaches you spoke to at Nova? Were they there during Flippo's time?  With due respect, I simply do not believe you.

The last time I was on the Nova campus was early in 2010. 

You might want to ask your sources there if Flippo gave notice to the Nova President that he was applying for the job at The Institute. Try that one on, son.

Why won't you show me the stats re the attendance claim?

As I've said often before, if you are happy with the rapidly declining state of The Institute in football and pigskin, have at it, boys.

Just don't call others names because they think more critically than y'all do. See no evil...

Oh, and try working here for a year and see what your perspective would be then. The inside Institute is FAR different from the one projected to the outside world.

Peace, mes amis

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

Provpats: Who are the 3 varsity coaches you spoke to at Nova? Were they there during Flippo's time?  With due respect, I simply do not believe you.

Again, reading comprehension; I spoke to only two coaches, my friend and both were there during his time.  I do not really care if you believe me because of your continued  dodge on the turnover figures;
    My numbers were corroborated by two others on this forum.  Again, please give us the position turnover figures with numbers included and within a day I will put  the comparative figures up, no matter what they say.  If you do this though, you cannot say the figures were fixed in either direction.  Deal, mon ami?

The last time I was on the Nova campus was early in 2010. Very good, you are getting there.  I was there two weeks ago; we are now connected with the athletic program at Nova so can speak to this knowledgably

You might want to ask your sources there if Flippo gave notice to the Nova President that he was applying for the job at The Institute. Try that one on, son.  Please if you were any relation I would sue for emancipation.  You always want someone else to ask a question but answer none of any import yourself

Why won't you show me the stats re the attendance claim?  Why won't you show the figures by position for turnover?  This is a longer due request that speaks directly to your credibility.  Come on

As I've said often before, if you are happy with the rapidly declining state of The Institute in football and pigskin, have at it, boys.  Again please relate how record application, increasing ranking in USNWR are bad I do not see how that is bad.   And btw, football and pigskin refer to the same sport.  And shouldn't we be glad for Frank being a loyal BC guy for so long?

Just don't call others names because they think more critically than y'all do. See no evil... I will call you a liar and a coward.  Give me more time and some others will surely come to mind

Oh, and try working here for a year and see what your perspective would be then. The inside Institute is FAR different from the one projected to the outside world.  Call 1-800- WAAAHHH

How about those minutes?
    How about the lack of publicity in college guides about the admin's duplicity?
    How do you explain />32K applications including I believe a record number this year?
    How about the facts on RJ?
    What about criticism for Calhoun and the suspension, while bringing up other such things at BC which noone in the College was associated with?

Peace, mes amis.  Bon soir, mon cherie; don't forget the sandpaper mittens

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

pro,

Sure, kids want to go to The Institute. No surprise there. Good campus and city.

BUT when they have spent 4 years at the place, they have little, if any, desire to contribute, as evidenced by the paltry giving rate. Conversely, to cite just two, Holy Cross has 55% of their grads giving, and ND roughly 50% (a figure which even The Institute cited in an email as a goal for us for our pathetic rate.)

QUESTION: Why do you think THEY do so well, when we flounder? Same caliber of kid, likely same economic situations. 

Try that one on, if you dare, my son.

WHICH two varsity coaches at Nova did you contact? And what did you ask them and what did they reply?

And why did your child not go to The Institute, if it is so desirable?

Interesting how you ducked the issue of whether Fr. Dobbyn was informed by Flippo that he was interviewing at The Institute. Too tough for you, I guess.

Didn't Flippo himself fire Jags for interviewing elsewhere? (Distinction: Jags had the honesty to tell Flippo of his interest in the Jets job)

Later with the minutes. Blaudschun's article has never been denied by Dear Leader. Hmmm

Why would a college guide include a negative review of a school official? Have you ever seen one that does?  I have not.

Oh, and continue with your name-calling. And then remind us of that great Catholic foundation you got at The Institute and how faithful a practitioner you are.

Who condoned the acts which formed the basis of the NCAA sanction at UConn?
    Not me.

But no one was indicted there, nor was organized crime involved. Nor was it the basis of even one national scandal - as opposed to the two that The Institute has - in two different sports.

You don't want to go down that road, my friend.

Peace,

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

Game on!

Sure kids want to go to The Institute. No surprise there. Good campus and city.

BUT when they have spent 4 years at the place, they have little, if any, desire to contribute, as evidence by the paltry giving rate. Conversely, to cite just two, Holy Cross has 55% of their grads giving, and ND roughly 50% (a figure which even The Institute cited in an email as a goal for us for our pathetic rate.

Again,this has been proven to be about in the middle of the giving for colleges.  Not great, not bad
    QUESTION: Why do you think THEY do so well, when we flounder? Same caliber of kid, likely same economic situations. ND is a marketing machine and do a great job.  what was the giving rate under Monan?

Try that one on, if you dare, my son. Anytime dear, anytime

WHICH two varsity coaches at Nova did you contact? And what did you ask them and what did they reply?  When you talk about your "highly placed sources" at BC about Jags I will tell you with whom I talked with at Nova.  Quid pro quo and that request has been out there much longer than yours

And why did your child not go to The Institute, if it is so desirable? Really none of your business but unfortunately he did not meet the academic standards but did try.  Very happy at Nova as he has his own school and his own things we share with him there.

Interesting how you ducked the issue of whether Fr. Dobbyn was informed by Flippo that he was interviewing at The Institute. Too tough for you, I guess.  I guess but not as good as you at ducking any request for information.  Again, tell us all about the turnover with positions and numbers in those postions in the 15 years since 1996

Didn't Flippo himself fire Jags for interviewing elsewhere? (Distinction: Jags had the honesty to tell Flippo of his interest in the Jets job) Only when confronted by GDF and against an agreement Jags had to stay at least 3 years before interviewing.  I know of no such arrangement GDF had.  Also let's talk about the impact that Jags selfish decision had on his own family by removing his daughter from the campus school to lead the vagabond existence he now finds himself in.  A real prince of a guy

Later with the minutes. Blaudschun's article has never been denied by Dear Leader. Hmmm  One never gets into a fight with a pig; you both get dirty and the pig enjoys it.  Why not address the minutes now?  After all it is pretty easy to do

Why would a college guide include a negative review of a school official? Have you ever seen one that does?  I have not. Well but someone must include it as a downside..has to nothing sellls like a good scandal

Oh, and continue with your name-calling. And then remind us of that great Catholic foundation you got at The Institute.  Actually the foundation I got allowed me to look at those who speak lies and not tolerate the bile

Who condoned the acts which formed the basis of the NCAA sanction at UConn?
    Not me. Then come with me and agree that calhoun screwed up and shoud be roundly criticized for how his program has been run from an academic and recruiting standpoint

But no one was indicted there, nor was organized crime involved. Nor was it the basis of even one national scandal - as opposed to the two that The Institute has - in two different sports.  And what happened is very old and the people are no longer connected with BC

You don't want to go down that road, my friend.  More than happy to.  PLease come to us with the facts on the mistreatment of employees and the turnover.  you have them and would not make groundless assertions, would you?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle79. Show Eagle79's posts

LP,

A couple of things:

1 - Ask any board of director member?  Hmmm, when others of us talk about leaving the BE we actually cite the minutes with links and quotes.  Your evidence is what most people call hearsay.  As you said, you need to know the difference between assertion and proof.

2 - Just about 2 weeks ago you said that we should not be looking at comparisons yet you cite HC and ND.  You now call the giving rate "pathetic" yet can not draw the line where the rates change.  Based upon your definition of BC's being pathetic then you are saying that about 90% of schools have a pathetic or worse rate.  Like you should have learned in your Philosophy classes, define your terms.

3 - You ask for the attendance figures yet they have been provided to you many times.  You are choosing to ignore them because they do not support your argument.  Thus the reason I say you have gone all "fuzzy".  Here is one box score, right off the ESPN site.  There are other places to find this imformation.  Just to be clear, the attendance figure is at the bottom of the page.  I grow weary of doing your research and then having you ignore it . . .

Overall you continue to use rumor and inuendo to "prove" something.  Unfortunately it is you who needs to learn the difference between assertion and proof.

PS Was the UConn band brought to their BCS bowl game?  Just a note, until about 2 years ago the ND band had never visited USC.

Sections
Shortcuts