Scheduling Temple and Holy Cross For football?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from athos16. Show athos16's posts

Scheduling Temple and Holy Cross For football?

Since BC has an open dates now that their commitment to Kent State is over why It would be interesting to see BC schedule another old Big East Foe, won that needs a little credibility which a game with BC could give it. Temple was left out of a bowl despite a 7 win season, . If Weber State is a one shot deal, or when the Weber contract is done, renewing the old Holy Cross rivalry would seem a natural for a BC opener. Unlike the parade of unheralded patsies BC has scheduled over the past decade, a Holy Cross game would mean something to both teams and could result in some stiff competition as a result.
    To Long Putter, I have read many of a post written by you slamming BC for leaving the Big East, but must I remind you that BC left about the same time as the conference expelled Temple for being a hapless team. Defend that before you blast BC.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from commander007. Show commander007's posts

Re: Scheduling Temple and Holy Cross For football?

In Response to Scheduling Temple and Holy Cross For football?:
    [QUOTE]Since BC has an open dates now that their commitment to Kent State is over why It would be interesting to see BC schedule another old Big East Foe, won that needs a little credibility which a game with BC could give it. Temple was left out of a bowl despite a 7 win season, . If Weber State is a one shot deal, or when the Weber contract is done, renewing the old Holy Cross rivalry would seem a natural for a BC opener. Unlike the parade of unheralded patsies BC has scheduled over the past decade, a Holy Cross game would mean something to both teams and could result in some stiff competition as a result. To Long Putter, I have read many of a post written by you slamming BC for leaving the Big East, but must I remind you that BC left about the same time as the conference expelled Temple for being a hapless team. Defend that before you blast BC.
    Posted by athos16[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from commander007. Show commander007's posts

A better option might be to schedule a home and home series with UConn. It would make sense in terms of geographics.

From a historical standpoint, Holy Cross would appeal to older Alumni who were around when these two teams played each other on a yearly basis, but with Holy Cross' being a 1AA school, the game would not probably be as competitive.

A UConn - Boston College series could have a lot of potential. I would even go as far to suggest a three game series. One on each campus and one at Gillette Stadium, which I am certain would be a sellout. Especially so if both teams are having good seasons.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]Since BC has an open dates now that their commitment to Kent State is over why It would be interesting to see BC schedule another old Big East Foe, won that needs a little credibility which a game with BC could give it. Temple was left out of a bowl despite a 7 win season, . If Weber State is a one shot deal, or when the Weber contract is done, renewing the old Holy Cross rivalry would seem a natural for a BC opener. Unlike the parade of unheralded patsies BC has scheduled over the past decade, a Holy Cross game would mean something to both teams and could result in some stiff competition as a result. To Long Putter, I have read many of a post written by you slamming BC for leaving the Big East, but must I remind you that BC left about the same time as the conference expelled Temple for being a hapless team. Defend that before you blast BC.

Your right about one element in your discussion BC likes to schedule patsies and always will to build up there esteem. BC will never have enough credibility to play in an August tip off classic, or play any meaningfull non ACC competition. BC is the bully of the Northeast. The Nebraska Cornhuskers had an open date in early September 2012 which required BC to play in Lincoln NE, naturally BC opted out to play Oh yes, Stony Brook University. Doesn't these actions show  how much of a fraud BC is on and off the playing field?  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

yes because Uconn scheduled Buffalo (a tomato can BC has scheduled in the past) and Texas Southern.  Yup Uconn sure goes after them!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

In Response to Re: Scheduling Temple and Holy Cross For football?:
    [QUOTE]yes because Uconn scheduled Buffalo (a tomato can BC has scheduled in the past) and Texas Southern.  Yup Uconn sure goes after them!
    Posted by provpats[/QUOTE]

providence patriots is a little sensative his patsies got whipped by those J E T S as he's a subway series druid who holds tickets to those Stony Brook Sea Wolves come '12 ...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Cheeri HO, Why don't you try reading (naturally Hartford garbage can't) athos's post writing about football not basketball yah go nad. Tongue out Duh...

Back to the subject of the thread Athos BC and Uconn should hook up in football as well as putting Holy Cross back on the non-conference schedule it's real good idea too bad the Duskies enjoy playing Buffalo too much.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redbarchetta88. Show redbarchetta88's posts

[QUOTE]A better option might be to schedule a home and home series with UConn. It would make sense in terms of geographics. From a historical standpoint, Holy Cross would appeal to older Alumni who were around when these two teams played each other on a yearly basis, but with Holy Cross' being a 1AA school, the game would not probably be as competitive. A UConn - Boston College series could have a lot of potential. I would even go as far to suggest a three game series. One on each campus and one at Gillette Stadium, which I am certain would be a sellout. Especially so if both teams are having good seasons.
    Posted by commander007[/QUOTE]

Too many egos hav eto be put aside to make this happen. BC doesn't want to lose to UConn and legitimize the program in the eyes of fans and potential recruits.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scheduling Temple and Holy Cross For football? : providence patriots is a little sensative his patsies got whipped by those J E T S as he's a subway series druid who holds tickets to those Stony Brook Sea Wolves come '12 ...
    Posted by UofNDKing[/QUOTE]

speaking of tomato cans maybe ND could schedule the AF and CG academies as well?  Let's also keep Tulsa on the sked as well. Did you finally comprehend that JHU is a D3 college?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

Open dates???
    Stoney Brook in 2012 instead of Nebraska???

Why don't you guys do a little fact checking before throwing your **** against the wall.
    Go to the BC web site and you can see that the schedule is full through 2014.

The OOC schedule for the coming 4 years includes:
    ND, Northwestern and Syracuse (twice each), Army 3 times, USC 2 times, UCF, URI, Maine, Umass and Stoney Brook
    And finally, BC did not turn down Nebraska in 2012 (or any year) for Stoney Brook. Stoney Brook is on the schedule for 2013.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAS881. Show CHAS881's posts

[QUOTE]A better option might be to schedule a home and home series with UConn. It would make sense in terms of geographics. From a historical standpoint, Holy Cross would appeal to older Alumni who were around when these two teams played each other on a yearly basis, but with Holy Cross' being a 1AA school, the game would not probably be as competitive. A UConn - Boston College series could have a lot of potential. I would even go as far to suggest a three game series. One on each campus and one at Gillette Stadium, which I am certain would be a sellout. Especially so if both teams are having good seasons.

bc not as good as a lot of 1AA teams

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamesGatz1. Show JamesGatz1's posts

BC can't play Holy Cross two big reasons.

1. Holy Cross doesn't want to to play BC. They ended the series.

2. More importantly, 1A (FBS) teams can count one win against 1AA (FCS) teams towards their bowl eligibliy but only if those schools give scholarships for football. Holy Cross (and the whole Patriot League) does not give scholarships for football.  Thus, a win against HC would not count towards BC's bowl eligibiligy

Most years BC's schedule is in line with that of its peers.

1- 1AA (FCS) opponent
    1- MAC (non BCS) level opponent
    2-BCS level opponents. In the future, BC will be playing Notre Dame, Syracuse, Northwestern and Southern California.

The "problem" is that there were a few years when BC was playing 2 MAC teams and only 1 BCS team (usually ND). In the future - as far forward as is scheduled- it looks like there will always be 2 BCS level teams on the schedule.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mathunat. Show mathunat's posts

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mathunat. Show mathunat's posts

I don't want to play uconn in anything! They will sue BC if they lose. I would like to see BC play Villanova. HC does not want to play BC.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAS881. Show CHAS881's posts

[QUOTE]BC can't play Holy Cross two big reasons. 1. Holy Cross doesn't want to to play BC. They ended the series. 2. More importantly, 1A (FBS) teams can count one win against 1AA (FCS) teams towards their bowl eligibliy but only if those schools give scholarships for football. Holy Cross (and the whole Patriot League) does not give scholarships for football .  Thus, a win against HC would not count towards BC's bowl eligibiligy Most years BC's schedule is in line with that of its peers. 1- 1AA (FCS) opponent 1- MAC (non BCS) level opponent 2-BCS level opponents. In the future, BC will be playing Notre Dame, Syracuse, Northwestern and Southern California. The "problem" is that there were a few years when BC was playing 2 MAC teams and only 1 BCS team (usually ND). In the future - as far forward as is scheduled- it looks like there will always be 2 BCS level teams on the schedule.
    Posted by JamesGatz1[/QUOTE]

Holy Cross does now give football scholarships. Which negates your whole statement.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAS881. Show CHAS881's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Scheduling Temple and Holy Cross For football? :

If you're going to schedule Temple and The Cross, better get a Mosque on there , too

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from athos16. Show athos16's posts

My mistake on the open dates. And I wasn't aware that HC didn't give scholarships. That was my ignorance. However, Cheeroh Played in the KICKOFF Classic against BYU in the 80's, and if memory serves me right, didn't BC give Uconn it's shot at 1A credibility? Didn't it also pave the way for the Huskies shot at the Big East? 
    My thought was to reward Temple for it's winning season with a shot at credibility, might even get temple a shot at the Big East again.
    My thought on Holy Cross is the fact that I have always felt old rivalries should be respected and renewed if possible.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Hey athos16,

Temple was put out of the BE for its inability to compete. It did not choose to leave.

Second, that happened well before Dear Leader stealthily moved us to the ACC, leaving the BE surprised by the deception.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redbarchetta88. Show redbarchetta88's posts

Scheduling tomato cans at home instead of possible rivals would be a big lost opprotunity for the Eagles. With a lockout looking more and more likely, and the only other scholarship program in the state stuck in I-AA, BC football will be the only game in town.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAS881. Show CHAS881's posts

[QUOTE]Scheduling tomato cans at home instead of possible rivals would be a big lost opprotunity for the Eagles. With a lockout looking more and more likely, and the only other scholarship program in the state stuck in I-AA, BC football will be the only game in town.
    Posted by redbarchetta88[/QUOTE]

I think people would prefer watching Chess.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from athos16. Show athos16's posts

LP
    as usual, you completely missed the thrust of a post. Yes, Temple was put out of the Big East, my point was that they had improved under Golden (despite getting blown off by an arbitrary Bowl committee, or committees) and since the Eagles had scheduled Syracuse, they could do the same for Temple. Eventually I would Like to see BC play Rutgers, Pitt and WV  again too. 
    You are too intentionally dense, and I am being kind with the intentionallly, to pick up on that. Were BC to schedule that kind of schedule, they would enhance their own credibility while helping their own old  league mates do the same.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

[QUOTE]Scheduling tomato cans at home instead of possible rivals would be a big lost opprotunity for the Eagles. With a lockout looking more and more likely, and the only other scholarship program in the state stuck in I-AA, BC football will be the only game in town.
    Posted by redbarchetta88[/QUOTE]

Red,

Who will care?

They could play Utopia Prep, and the only concern of the "faithful" is whether they could drink at the tailgates.

Sections
Shortcuts