Should BC continue to have a basketball program?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

Re: Should BC continue to have a basketball program?

In Response to Should BC continue to have a basketball program?:
    [QUOTE]And if so, should ANYONE really have to pay to watch it?  These recruits are really bad and I know a few diehard fans will claim some of these guys can really play but I'd love to get a BC intramural All Star team to play this current BC team and see who wins.  Perhaps a newer basketball version of the Beanpot with BC hoops, BC intramural all Star team,  the latest Fens team who won the last game and then throw in BC High varsity team.  Predicted order of finish: 1) BC intramural team (All Stars) 2) BC High varisty team 3) Fens 4) BC men's basketball My vote is for BC to move basketball to club level and closely monitor the BC football team also (perhaps D1AA). 
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]
    You must be working on a new shtick, your best Jonathan Swift impression (see "A Modest Proposal"). Interesting article in Sunday's NY Times: "Connecticut Continues a Discomfiting Decline." Get someone to read it to you.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/19/sports/ncaabasketball/the-downward-slide-continues-for-uconn.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=connecticut%20decline&st=cse

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

[QUOTE]And if so, should ANYONE really have to pay to watch it?  These recruits are really bad and I know a few diehard fans will claim some of these guys can really play but I'd love to get a BC intramural All Star team to play this current BC team and see who wins.  Perhaps a newer basketball version of the Beanpot with BC hoops, BC intramural all Star team,  the latest Fens team who won the last game and then throw in BC High varsity team.  Predicted order of finish: 1) BC intramural team (All Stars) 2) BC High varisty team 3) Fens 4) BC men's basketball My vote is for BC to move basketball to club level and closely monitor the BC football team also (perhaps D1AA). 
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]
    Funny, low blow though, but as a BC fan I can take it, as long as we're entitled to blast away at your husky program when the tables turn.  Everyone who hates BC or its neighborhood infringements is taking their shot.  The program will be back and probably sooner than you'd like to think.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jack ryder. Show jack ryder's posts

Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

If BC football is D1AA, what does that make uscum? Remind us all of the last time uscum beat BC in football?

Did uscum kick the pedophile football player out of school or is he enrolled in Kemba's Book Club?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

In Response to Re: Should BC continue to have a basketball program?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Should BC continue to have a basketball program? : I'm reading this and can't see your predicted order of finish for the 4 teams mentioned.
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]
    Donnnn, you actually posted this on another discussion: "Slim, now I know your game. make an outlandish point and in your mind you think this is groundbreaking stuff but to most people, it doesn't make any sense. So I'll play along when bored at work and pull your strings and let you do what you do best, make a fool out of yourself." Donnnn, I think you just made a fool of yourself with an outlandish point that doesn't make any sense, except to you, maybe.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

As long as honest people run an honest program, not beholden to jet engines and insurance policies

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Should BC continue to have a basketball program? : it's a legitimate question and not anything I deem "groundbreaking" as many people are wondering if BC should continue to try to compete in the ACC much less D1  in basketball and football.  If you don't want to answer the question, then don't and move along.
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]
    You know it's not a legitimate question, so I'm certainly not going to answer it. Other than you and several trolls who inhabit these discussion threads (whruofndkingcheerohetc.), who are the "many people" you're referring to. If you can't back it up, then move along. In the words of Mark Twain," It's better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you're a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." You're making a fool of yourself.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Should BC continue to have a basketball program? : back what up?  that this is a legitimate question?  I think it is.  BC is awful in football and hoops and should seriously consider having these teams.  As for my "beanpot" Final 4, if you don't want to make a prediction, beat it.  Nothing here for you then so why waste the bandwidth on your comments? 
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]
    I think I made it clear what I want you to back up. That "MANY PEOPLE are wondering if BC should continue to try to compete in the ACC much less D1 in basketball and football." You made the statement, now back it up, or admit it's just your opinion and it's basically worth crap. Here's a legitimate question for you: "Donnn, when did you stop beating your wife? Is it A) yesterday B) last week C) this morning, or D) none of the above." Why is it a legitimate question? Because I think it is.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Should BC continue to have a basketball program? : MANY people are wondering this including me.  You getting it yet?  As for your question, D-  Never. Now was it that hard?  or do you always have to be a jerk when asked a question that was not even directed towards you?  So answer the Question! ANSWER IT!
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]
    You still haven't answered MY question: Who, besides you is wondering and who, besides you, would ask such a preposterous question in the first place? WHR? U of ND King? Postingking? Cheeroh? Any reputable person? Goodbye, Donnnn.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Should BC continue to have a basketball program? : "reply to this post" really has you confused over there Lothar!  this is why you aren't worth even debating.  like mugging a 100 year old
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

So this is what those years in Storrs taught you?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Indian, you have to stop.  He has no answer to "who" besides himself are wondering whether BC should continue to have a basketball and football team because there is no answer.  It's an absurd statement all around, so why bother engaging him.  He's just trying to goat you, don't let him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

This harkens back to the many conversations that I had with LP where he never answered a question but always picked up where you did not answer one.  This is a losing proposition.  My advice is to post sparingly and only to those who exhibit a proclivity to discussion and do not hold a grudge because the BG has not based its college sports coverage on UCONN

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

[QUOTE]This harkens back to the many conversations that I had with LP where he never answered a question but always picked up where you did not answer one.  This is a losing proposition.  My advice is to post sparingly and only to those who exhibit a proclivity to discussion and do not hold a grudge because the BG has not based its college sports coverage on UCONN
    Posted by provpats[/QUOTE]

Lately BG has given UMASS BB some bolder typefaces.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Should BC continue to have a basketball program? : mo, you aren't even a fan of BC so just beat it
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

Donnnnnn - you are only a UCon booster:don't try to set yourself up as anything else.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle78. Show Eagle78's posts

Donnnnn is the extreme end of a Uconn fanbase that largely obsesses over BC.

MANY people believe that deep down, these Uconn fans know that BC is just a better institution and they fully realize they could never have gotten into BC.  MANY people believe that this realization fills these Uconn posters with feelings of inadequacy which they take out on BC in threads like this.

If infuriates these Uconn fans that MANY people believe that throughout the history of college sports, BC has had far better athletics.  Sure, there are blips here and there, but things eventually return to the norm; and that's what MANY people believe these Uconn fans fear.  MANY people believe the exposure of the academic FAILURES associated with the Uconn Men's BB program is a major step in this returning to the norm.

All you need do is look at the amount of time and bandwidth these Uconn fans devote to talking about BC to realize that these MANY people have accurately figured out the motives of Donnnn, et al.

Cheers!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts