Should BC drop out of ACC?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

Re: Should BC drop out of ACC?

In response to Donnnn's comment:

Considering they have been a drag on The ACC, why shouldn't they just drop out of the ACC so better programs (namely Uconn) can actually compete with the big boys. 

Donnnny Boy, where have you been lately? Did Mom let you back on the computer? Now that the Ignore feature is back, I can ignore you along with Cheeroh, UNDking, PostingKing, Sailman, Airborne, and Trojan Fever. Adios.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trojanfever. Show Trojanfever's posts

WOW BC finally won a game.

Earth shattering Earth Shattering!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trojanfever. Show Trojanfever's posts

In response to SlimPickensIII's comment:

Actually this raises a good point. Whither UConn?  Seems to me that they have to wait for this whole Catholic 7 thing to shake out before they can sort out their options.    It's not a stretch to see them in the ACC.    Would make for some lively banter around here, for sure, if they wound up back with BC.

Can't count on the 7 without the Zags? Although there one and done at Tourney Time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

Actually this raises a good point. Whither UConn?  Seems to me that they have to wait for this whole Catholic 7 thing to shake out before they can sort out their options.    It's not a stretch to see them in the ACC.    Would make for some lively banter around here, for sure, if they wound up back with BC.

Don't like Catholic 7 for the conference name. How about the "Big Priest?" I could see UConn eventually winding up in the ACC now that Calhoun is gone. At least that would re-establish some Northeast rivalries among Syracuse, Pitt, UConn and BC, with Notre Dame thrown in. As far as "lively banter," that would definitely be a welcomed upgrade.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

I'm sure that name is just a working title.  Might even be some haggling over who controls 'Big East'.   Only thing that seems very likely is that the A10 is about to get raided.

I'm an old school traditionalist and I hate the conference shuffling that's going on now, but it kind of started with Va Tech and Miami, followed by BC, jumping to the ACC. There was some more regional shifting going on before that, but that seems to have started the momentum.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

I'm an old school traditionalist... and a moron to think lilly white BC will be anything more tha what you see now, bottom of the ACC, and with the 'Cuse, Notre Dame and PITT coming BC abyss just got much deeper...

BC basketball... the Black hole!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

In response to indians1948's comment:

Considering they have been a drag on The ACC, why shouldn't they just drop out of the ACC so better programs (namely Uconn) can actually compete with the big boys. 

Donnnny Boy, where have you been lately? Did Mom let you back on the computer? Now that the Ignore feature is back, I can ignore you along with Cheeroh, UNDking, PostingKing, Sailman, Airborne, and Trojan Fever. Adios.

ahhaa indians!  how is that tuition rebate coming along?  i missed the banter...

Welcome back! This pathetic soul surfs the internet all day for comments about Buffoon College expectations on the way it use to be under Al Skinner, and Jimmy OB!    

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

In response to cheeroh's comment:

ahhaa indians!  how is that tuition rebate coming along?  i missed the banter...

Welcome back! This pathetic soul surfs the internet all day for comments about Buffoon College expectations on the way it use to be under Al Skinner, and Jimmy OB!    

Zeeroh's motto: "This is the life. To be young, stupid, and have no future at all. I love Storrs!"
    I go way back, Junior. You forgot Bob Cousy, Chuck Daly, Tom Davis, and Gary Williams. Expectations are for the future, not the past.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

Lot of talk about NC getting the invite from the Big Ten and maybe even UVA and GTech (not sure why those 2).   I was hoping Uconn would be invited into the Big Ten at some point but I think with Pasqualoni running or ruining the show (depending how you see it), football can't be taken serious.  I have no idea why he was hired after running Syracuse into the ground and he is picking up where he left off.

The question is if 2 of these guys go to the Big Ten will the ACC finally invite Uconn or pick Cincy and another crazy bad team just to placate BC?   Also, does BC have any pull in the ACC anymore after a few years straight of some pretty terrible teams.  I hope not....  I look forward to the day Uconn spanks BC again!  You can run BC but you can't hide! 

Donnn, I'll give you another chance if you promise to engage in "lively banter" and not just bash BC a la Cheerio and his cohorts, and I promise not to remind you that the Huskies are ineligible for post-season play because of NCAA infractions. Maryland and Rutgers to the Big 10 is a total joke, even in this era of conference expansion. As someone who grew up in Ohio, the Big 10 is a midwestern conference and UConn would never fit in because the Big 10 is primarily a football conference. That being said, Cincy would be a better fit for the B 10 because its basketball rivalry with OSU is legendary. With the new BC AD and with Calhoun gone, I think UConn has a better chance to move to the ACC, which I personally would welcome, and then we'll see who spanks whom!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

1948: English Language comments : Me thinks, me thinks, I believe, I guess , I've  heard,I suppose, I wonder if,  nothing original all day long but delusional flashing!

Nice to see a sighting of provpats there 1948, how did you get around the new Boston.com ISP policy? Needed to defer to a BHCC technical student in playtime?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Needed to go to BHCC nights ... posts all day long ... Unemployed!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Trojanfever's comment:

WOW BC finally won a game.

Earth shattering Earth Shattering!

Yah like the Trojan Basketball program...Where's baby jordan ?

"Lot of talk about NC getting the invite from the Big Ten and maybe even UVA and GTech (not sure why those 2)."

Yah it's talk and that's all it is just like FSU leaving until they found out the exit bill bird brain!

Calhoun left UConn in great shape (on probation) and in a few years they won't even get invited to the A10 but maybe, just maybe they might get invited to the powerhouse MAAC or Patriot League LOL

Thanks for the lob Husker Du!

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Nice work SD, it's not easy to slam 7 different people/programs/conferences, most of them innocent bystanders,  in such a short post.   You're half the problem with this forum.

My how you suddenly forget why the thread was started, nothing more than another low blow shot at BC becuase the OP is in tatters about his favorite school.

I am willing to speak coherently with anyone on this forum but that is not the case because of some crazy nut case. If you are going to come here and be thin skinned about an opinion of your favorite programs conference then I can't help you.

Two of my sisters and several close friends went to UMASS Amherst so I have nothing against the school or it's programs.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Right back at you pal. 

Yah that has always been my inent to come and bash other college programs. It isn't the constent barrarge of threads and attacks Boston College.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Right back at you pal.   

Yah that has always been my inent to come and bash other college programs. It isn't the constent barrarge of threads and attacks Boston College.

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Might start bashing BC Baseball, another joke in the ACC. Nice to see BC does nothing right in the ACC .

Sections
Shortcuts