Should BC drop out of ACC?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

Re: Should BC drop out of ACC?

In response to Donnnn's comment:

Considering they have been a drag on The ACC, why shouldn't they just drop out of the ACC so better programs (namely Uconn) can actually compete with the big boys. 

That's a button-pushing topic.  It's good to have that roaring uconn perspective back, but not good to inflame all the 12 year olds again. 

As for your Huskies, I've stated all along, would be glad to have them in the ACC.  It's headed for a north/south regional division split anyway.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailman2. Show sailman2's posts

Yes, ACC Baseball is in full swing and the Beheads Coaches Institute drops an 11-1 decision against 18 year ol farm system boys from the Lowell Spinners.

Need to ask the question, does BC win at anthing right in the ACC?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

In response to sailman2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes, ACC Baseball is in full swing and the Beheads Coaches Institute drops an 11-1 decision against 18 year ol farm system boys from the Lowell Spinners.

/QUOTE]
    Need to ask you a question. Do you know anything about baseball? I attended some of both games yesterday. These are strictly exhibition games. The idea is to let everyone play and enjoy the experience of taking the field against the Red Sox. I'm not sure about NU, but BC used 7 pitchers to let as many as possible get into the game. A minor league team such as the Lowell Spinners is made up mainly of former US college players and young Latin stars and could beat any college team in the country.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

In response to indians1948's comment:

[QUOTE]

/QUOTE]
    Need to ask you a question. Do you know anything about baseball? I attended some of both games yesterday. These are strictly exhibition games. The idea is to let everyone play and enjoy the experience of taking the field against the Red Sox. I'm not sure about NU, but BC used 7 pitchers to let as many as possible get into the game. A minor league team such as the Lowell Spinners is made up mainly of former US college players and young Latin stars and could beat any college team in the country.

Need to get some other diversion, time has passed will you?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailman2. Show sailman2's posts

In response to SlimPickensIII's comment:

We don't know for sure.  Lots of folks on the A10 board seem to think Xavier, Dayton, Butler, and St Louis are joining the C7 in a 12 team league.   We'll see if that's what actually goes down for those left behind.

As for the BB program, suddenly they're struggling just to make the NIT.  It was always a long shot to get their first dance invitation in 15 years.  I wasn't impressed with that NIT run last year,  the first 2 scalps were the biggest, but neither one of those teams wanted to be in the NIT, so neither bothered showing up until late in the 2nd half of both games, and that was still almost enough for them to pull them out.

This year UMass has been hurt, again, by a couple of injuries.  Losing Javon Farrell before the season even began hurt, he brought alot of energy, the glue guy every team needs.  Then  Morgan, their best player went down for the season.  Sampson Carter and Cady Lalanne both missed last season and have been spotty this year getting back into a groove.    So, as much as I'd like to blame it all on Kellogg, there have been extenuating circumstances beyond his control. He's still just an average coach at best though.

As for UConn,  looks like Ollie is doing very well.  This season was going to be tough, but they've handled it superbly.  Looks like they have their guy going forward.

Good luck...i miss seeing umass in tv and when they were good it was electric....

Those days are gone Donnn along with Calapari and Camby.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trojanfever. Show Trojanfever's posts

Awesome game at the Carrier Dome. Hoyas looked even more awesome. Could not imagine this Buffoon College, as so often referred, putting together any of the talent these two teams assembled. NBA lottos all over the place. Good to see some good NBA draft choices coming through in the NCAA. March madness coming, guess BC is out in the cold again pretending to be important in these discussions.

Cheers snow birds!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Great game BC next time you show up with the Big Boys to play a little hoopster in Durham... might want to bring some jock straps, and strap on a pair. A complete embarrassment!

Let's not hear any more hype on Olivier Hanlon Boston.com ... he was Zero Point Zero!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

[QUOTE]

/QUOTE]

I guess BC knows nothing about the game of B Ball either does it not cow poke?

BC have a pair to strap on with that dilly dally of a Coach in Donahue?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

Considering they have been a drag on The ACC, why shouldn't they just drop out of the ACC so better programs (namely Uconn) can actually compete with the big boys. 

Donnn (or is it Donnn45), I noticed the 27 posts you had on the ESPN discussion blog with the same theme ad nauseum. "Why is BC in the ACC and why can't UConn get in?" Wah, wah wah. Quit crying. Maybe the BC AD was actually smarter than you give him credit for.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 82ndAB. Show 82ndAB's posts

Donnn (or is it Donnn45), I noticed the 27 posts you had on the ESPN discussion blog with the same theme ad nauseum. "Why is BC in the ACC and why can't UConn get in?" Wah, wah wah. Quit crying. Maybe the BC AD was actually smarter than you give him credit for.

After yesterday performance at Duke this BC team has no merit, not to mention, your hideous comments. Time to reflect what this Yankee team does well in Dixie other than blowing foul smoke at naysayers, who seem to be right on Bubba. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 82ndAB. Show 82ndAB's posts

Shameful appearance by a team who came into the research triangle and came out a carved up specimen.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Pay no attention to -48 Donnnn surfs the internet all day, now on ESPN blogs, to raise credibity on a pathetic BC athletic program, as exhibited by the debacle yesterday at Duke.

Going to be a fun week as BC's  plight continues at NC State. The 12-16 Eagles will limp back from NC, and will need a few Our Fathers' for those who are listening at second collection Sunday!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

In response to 82ndAB's comment:

Shameful appearance by a team who came into the research triangle and came out a carved up specimen.

would need to clarify appearance... more like a displacement.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

[QUOTE]

/QUOTE]

Not sure about "beating any collge team,"but you're right about the spirit of exhibition games. Mostly a light load workout against willing opposition ... is there any payoff for the college kids like there is when some college like UCon plays a D2 chump?

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailman2. Show sailman2's posts

In response to cheeroh's comment:

Pay no attention to -48 Donnnn surfs the internet all day, now on ESPN blogs, to raise credibity on a pathetic BC athletic program, as exhibited by the debacle yesterday at Duke.

Going to be a fun week as BC's  plight continues at NC State. The 12-16 Eagles will limp back from NC, and will need a few Our Fathers' for those who are listening at second collection Sunday!

Agree.  I give 48 credit for admitting to being a BC fan because they dont have many

Most of them left the Jesuits a long time ago!

Besides who could be be a BC fan, they suck at all the particulars in Football Baseball & Basketball in the ACC? 

Call it as you see it.  Don't be a willow tree, which way is the wind is blowing?

BC does not get any respect Nationally other than a delusional zero point zero 48 locally in Hyde Park!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

In response to cheeroh's comment:

Agree.  I give 48 credit for admitting to being a BC fan because they dont have many

Not a lie, Donnn, just a little hyperbole between friends, but you have to admit you do tend to beat the dead horse (or Eagle). Not stalking, either, just happened to come across the Donnn45 handle and used my BC Jesuit logic training, etc . When I went to BC (back in the day, not that that's a bad thing) there was a lot more enthusiasm for basketball that's unfortunately missing today. Also, it wasn't just a commuter school back then, because I would have had a 650 mile commute from Cleveland. Finally, please don't continue to agree with Cheeroh, it's a lose-lose situation.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I knew that was you Longputter LoL. Your right BC, a college baseball team, lost to a single A proffesional baseball organization. You picked up right where you left off.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailman2. Show sailman2's posts

Confusion runs amuck among those who follow the Beheads Coaches Institute.

Stevie Wonder, with his all-Ivy staff, has lost to EVERYIvy team he has faced in his time at The Institute.  

F A C T, my son.  

Peace

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

Confusion runs amuck among those who follow the Beheads Coaches Institute.

Stevie Wonder, with his all-Ivy staff, has lost to EVERYIvy team he has faced in his time at The Institute.  

F A C T, my son.  

Peace

It's not a F A C T, in fact, brother. Try to get your F A C T S straight.
    BC 79 Dartmouth 58 (12/31/12). Check it out.
    Pax Vobiscum

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I knew that was you Longputter LoL. Your right BC, a college baseball team, lost to a single A proffesional baseball organization. You picked up right where you left off.

You nailed it SanDog!

All of these clowns are really old friend Longputter

I like the old putter much better. At least he could spell and present understandable opinions, however ridiculous they were