Should uconn eliminate its athletic program?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Re: Should uconn eliminate its athletic program?

In Response to Re: Should uconn eliminate its athletic program?:
    In Response to Re: Should uconn eliminate its athletic program? : still looking for the last word mo?
    Posted by Donnnn

You know, you say I don't come with anything of substance.  Why would I bother with you.  I've come with plenty of substance before, but talking to you in an adult manner is useless.  I've actually admitted that BC football is in shambles and needs change.  I can admit, as I did in the post for the college kid's paper, that BC has issues that annoy the heck out of me.  I am not a BC is perfect ranter.  Yet you wouldn't know that because you don't have an open mind.  You hate BC and are h*ll-bent on telling the world this in a fruitless effort to convince everyone else that BC thinks too much of themselves.  There is no back n forth with you.  We've all tried, and you freak out and yell nonsense.  You aren't worth the time to engage in any real convo with.  Seriously, this whole "last word" thing is exactly what I am talking about....is so stupid and you're the only one who doesn't realize it.  I just sure hope you don't have any kids, as they must hate you if you do....I know I would. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

In Response to Re: Should uconn eliminate its athletic program? : You know, you say I don't come with anything of substance.  Why would I bother with you.  I've come with plenty of substance before, but talking to you in an adult manner is useless.  I've actually admitted that BC football is in shambles and needs change.  I can admit, as I did in the post for the college kid's paper, that BC has issues that annoy the heck out of me.  I am not a BC is perfect ranter.  Yet you wouldn't know that because you don't have an open mind.  You hate BC and are h*ll-bent on telling the world this in a fruitless effort to convince everyone else that BC thinks too much of themselves.  There is no back n forth with you.  We've all tried, and you freak out and yell nonsense.  You aren't worth the time to engage in any real convo with.  Seriously, this whole "last word" thing is exactly what I am talking about....is so stupid and you're the only one who doesn't realize it.  I just sure hope you don't have any kids, as they must hate you if you do....I know I would. 
    Posted by momort

MO's Buddy in Miami?

Frusrated
    with his inability to rationally account, or understand BC demise in athletics over the years, MO seeks counsel form a well reknowned Consigliere.

Image: Jerry Sandusky enters the Centre County Courthouse after a bail conditions hearing on Feb. 10 in Bellefonte, Pa. (© Alex Brandon/AP)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

please put me on ignore.  the percentage of excellent teams in the Frozen four is much higher than in the hoop plaoffs.  Therefore you will meet excellent teams much sooner.  It is not about the huge number of teams in the regular season, it is about what you see in the tourney. You don't need a calculator to understand this just some common sense.  I know this is one of the few places in the firmament that UCONN doesn't ewxcel over everyone else, but you just may have to accept it  Please put me on ignore.  You can't do it!!
    Posted by provpats

You've been on ignore all your life, so why would you request this openly just fade away as the LongPutter!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

In Response to Re: Should uconn eliminate its athletic program? : Dance my marionette!  DANCE!
    Posted by Donnnn

Once again, I rest my case....

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle78. Show Eagle78's posts

In Response to Re: Should uconn eliminate its athletic program? : Once again, I rest my case....
    Posted by momort

Great posts momort!  I know its frustrating, but you have on more than one occasion exposed Donnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn for what he is......stupid and without a clue.

Stupid and without a clue because he isn't bright enough to understand what spending all day posting hundreds of messages about a school he despises says about him and the kind of life he has.

Stupid and without a clue because he is completely oblivious to the the on-going train wreck that is his beloved Uconn Men's BB program.  Completely oblivious to the fact that Uconn's fall seems to coincide with the fact that they are now being watched to make sure they comply with the same recruiting rules and academic standards that everyone else has to follow.  (Much easier to be a BB power when you don't impose standards to follow those pesky academic requirements like going to class and staying up with your studies.  Much easier to be a BB power when you don't follow key recruiting regulations, thus giving you a leg up on your competitors.)  To Uconn's credit, they appear to be putting the policies in place to address these issues.  However, lets see how they fare competitively now that the playing field is being leveled.

As far as BC goes, none of us believe that it can be Duke for BB of Alabama for FB.  What we want is a competitive program that has a shot each year for an ACC title.  We had that for a few years in FB and briefly in BB.  We will get there again. 

Unfortunately for Donnnnnnnnnnnnn and his fellow nitwits on these boards, they are so frightened of BC that they cannot tolerate those of us who come here just to talk BC sports.  Not to bash their respective schools, but to talk BC sports.  It speaks volumes about them and their insecurities.

EVER TO EXCEL - GO EAGLES

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

In Response to Re: Should uconn eliminate its athletic program? : Great posts momort!  I know its frustrating, but you have on more than one occasion exposed Donnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn for what he is......stupid and without a clue. Stupid and without a clue because he isn't bright enough to understand what spending all day posting hundreds of messages about a school he despises says about him and the kind of life he has. Stupid and without a clue because he is completely oblivious to the the on-going train wreck that is his beloved Uconn Men's BB program.  Completely oblivious to the fact that Uconn's fall seems to coincide with the fact that they are now being watched to make sure they comply with the same recruiting rules and academic standards that everyone else has to follow.  (Much easier to be a BB power when you don't impose standards to follow those pesky academic requirements like going to class and staying up with your studies.  Much easier to be a BB power when you don't follow key recruiting regulations, thus giving you a leg up on your competitors.)  To Uconn's credit, they appear to be putting the policies in place to address these issues.  However, lets see how they fare competitively now that the playing field is being leveled. As far as BC goes, none of us believe that it can be Duke for BB of Alabama for FB.  What we want is a competitive program that has a shot each year for an ACC title.  We had that for a few years in FB and briefly in BB.  We will get there again.  Unfortunately for Donnnnnnnnnnnnn and his fellow nitwits on these boards, they are so frightened of BC that they cannot tolerate those of us who come here just to talk BC sports.  Not to bash their respective schools, but to talk BC sports.  It speaks volumes about them and their insecurities. EVER TO EXCEL - GO EAGLES
    Posted by Eagle78

Would appear all your frustrations should be directed at Donahue, Spa zoo, and the rest of BC's failing athletic programs, might throw in Lacrosse as well.

Your comments are regarded as a tad juvenile when it comes to acknowledging the fact you’re a frustrated alum whose alma mater's direction has taken a deep dive both academically, and athletically. I will give you continuous feedback from Irish Eyes, and the Chronicle of Higher Education every time you stick your chest out to deflate your brash egomania on all things considered consequential. BC in not an end to a means ... chow cow poke now get back to Mickey D's take out!

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Donnn, why be such a jerk?  Are you that angry?  What's the deal?  Why can't you have an adult conversation.  Unlike NDqueen, cheeroh and the rest of the mentally disabled, you actually seems to be someone who when feels like it had the ability to have a normal back n forth, yet so often you allow yourself to stoop to their levels.  to agree with those i just listed is awful man, you know you are better than that.  while you all share in your BC hate, the rest have serious personal and mental issues.  you, on the other hand, just seems to have a weird hate for BC and want to let everyone knwo it.  But that doesn't mean you have to be an a*ole.  You have stooped to a point where when people come at you with valid points, you don't respond to them but call them idiots or yell at them for responding and getting the last word?  What point is there in doing that?  is that how you want to spend your time on these message boards?

be better man. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

In Response to Re: Should uconn eliminate its athletic program? : I never had anything bad to say about BC until they voted against Uconn joining the ACC.  I think it's such a no-brianer to have Uconn in the ACC and for GDF to get all petty was ridiculous.  I understand the lawsuit but that wasn't just Uconn and if GDF voted against Uconn to get back at Calhoun's remarks that reeks of being short-sighted and personal.  So I do resent their decision and ever since then the sports program at BC has had that bad karma.  Don't get me wrong, I think Uconn will still be the dominant player in NE hoops (although the guy at Providence is doing some great things with his recruiting) but I think joining the ACC could have helped the football team especially.  As a Uconn fan, I cringe at what the BE is becoming in football.  I also think Uconn football could be relevant with all the $ they are pouring into the program but playing in this newly formed BE might be a death blow for football.  Uconn fans don't want to see Uconn play Navy, Houston, SMU or Memphis football.  Although the ACC has been pretty bad lately also in football, I think the ACC has more marquee names to play than who the BE is bringing in.   I think the past 5-10 years Boise State would have beaten any BE or ACC team.  As for hoops, I don't think the hoops team benefits as much joining the ACC as they are a national power and the BE still has solid hoops teams.  As a uconn fan, I like seeing Uconn playing national contenders all the time but with the departures form the BE, I'd hate to see uconn become like a Memphis in hoops (best team in a weak conference). That being said, I have heard some crazy comments that I couldn't even remotely think of even if I had drank 32 beers in 3 hours!  So I call them out because some of the comments from Slim/Eagle/Prov really are stupid.  Perhaps I do feel a tad bit guilty picking on them because I'm not sure they are smart enough to defend themselves intelligently as you could probably tell in their retorts. Full personal disclosure, I thought about their B-school a few years back and had the grades for it but decided it was to expensive.  I also did not go to Uconn. 
    Posted by Donnnn

90% of this was written like an adult, so you do have it in you. 

A lot of what you said is valid.  But it can be discussed without acting like out politicians where you are either fully on one side or the other....or you are Rick Santorum and you were sent down by God himself to save the world....HA!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Donnn, why be such a jerk?  Are you that angry?  What's the deal?  Why can't you have an adult conversation.  Unlike NDqueen, cheeroh and the rest of the mentally disabled, you actually seems to be someone who when feels like it had the ability to have a normal back n forth, yet so often you allow yourself to stoop to their levels.  to agree with those i just listed is awful man, you know you are better than that.  while you all share in your BC hate, the rest have serious personal and mental issues.  you, on the other hand, just seems to have a weird hate for BC and want to let everyone knwo it.  But that doesn't mean you have to be an a*ole.  You have stooped to a point where when people come at you with valid points, you don't respond to them but call them idiots or yell at them for responding and getting the last word?  What point is there in doing that?  is that how you want to spend your time on these message boards? be better man. 
    Posted by momort

Needless to say, it is well known you follow every post with a follow-up adaptation which is loquacious, and dense. Adding no value to BC's dauntless efforts to correct their athletic program, if you would call it one, you enchantingly criticize UCONN, and its cadre of National Championships in a relevant NCAA sport. Calling all jerks, your colorless posts lead a perceptive reader to discern you are the mirror image of turmoil within. Whether to come out of the closet, or stay in, and venting you inabilities behind this locked closet. Perhaps this turmoil lay dormant, in your younger days, and now your personal dilemma is to rant all day behind a keyboard. It also appears your BC education did not afford you ample opportunity to explore the career services office in finding gainful employment?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle78. Show Eagle78's posts

In Response to Re: Should uconn eliminate its athletic program? : glad I have your approval!
    Posted by Donnnn

Donnnn, in the spirit of your above post, can we all agree to just cool it on the personal insults - calling people morons, stupid, etc, that we ALL have engaged in on these boards.  None of us knows each other so to question one another's intelligence based on whether we agree on what is stated here is just not productive and, frankly, a bit idiotic.

It always amazes me that all of us at times make disparaging comments on here that we would never make to each other's faces.  The anonymity of the keyboard is not helpful, unfortunately.

On your comments about the lawsuit and BC's opposing Uconn in the ACC, I understand the perspective of Uconn fans.  However, from a BC perspective, GDF and the BC President were sued personally which, you would have to concede, is pretty vindictive and petty.  During the course of the lawsuit, they were slammed as "masterminding a criminal scheme" by CT state officials.  True, other schools were also plaintiffs in the lawsuit, but the bashing mostly came from CT officials, as did all of the legal summons, etc.  It is easy to criticize GDF as being petty, but anyone who has gone through the nightmare of being sued would likely have a different take on this.  All I am saying here is there are two sides to this story.  Actions have reactions, and I think one can say that neither school has a monopoly on pettiness. 

(BTW, I also agree that part of this opposition was a business move on the part of BC and I think Uconn would have done the exact same thing had the roles been reversed.  I think it is also one of the reasons why I doubt Uconn would ever support an up and coming Umass program joining the BE which, in the opinion of many, seems like a no brainer.  Again, just my view.)

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jack ryder. Show jack ryder's posts

In response to "Re: Should uconn eliminate its athletic program?":
    In Response to Re: Should uconn eliminate its athletic program? : Needless to say, it is well known you follow every post with a follow-up adaptation which is loquacious, and dense. Adding no value to BC's dauntless efforts to correct their athletic program, if you would call it one, you enchantingly criticize UCONN, and its cadre of National Championships in a relevant NCAA sport. Calling all jerks, your colorless posts lead a perceptive reader to discern you are the mirror image of turmoil within. Whether to come out of the closet, or stay in, and venting you inabilities behind this locked closet. Perhaps this turmoil lay dormant, in your younger days, and now your personal dilemma is to rant all day behind a keyboard. It also appears your BC education did not afford you ample opportunity to explore the career services office in finding gainful employment? Posted by cheeroh
    Boys and girls: above are the ramblings of someone who has failed at life.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

In response to "Re: Should uconn eliminate its athletic program?": Boys and girls: above are the ramblings of someone who has failed at life.
    Posted by Lordship

whr/cheero/postingjoker/undjoker use this website to create their posts

http://phrasegenerator.com/academic

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

In Response to Re: Should uconn eliminate its athletic program? : whr/cheero/postingjoker/undjoker use this website to create their posts http://phrasegenerator.com/academic
    Posted by ScreenNameGoesHere

Here we go again ... CONSPIRACY THEORY!  BC Bounty out there, if you don't win .. Greg Williams syndrome!  

Gregg Williams

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Crimson forced to OT

Lions fail in bid for Ivy shocker

By Mark Blaudschun

Great article by Blaudschaun, and good to see he vacated from a losing beat in the coverage of Boston College basketball that ends with a loss in Miami today... Hopefully, Mark will keep the adrenalin going throughout the fields of 64, when the Dance heats up on HARVARD & UCONN's performance ... Great Work!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

I'd be happy to see Uconn join ACC.  As I've stated in here before, they compete as a state school, and are trying to grow their overall athletic dept and reputation. Looking at all their athletics, not just hoops/fball, they compare competitively with many of the ACC schools.   Anyone who suggests the ACC consists of an elite list of privates and academia with higher standards, needs to get a grip.

I don't think all BC sports are as bad as being drooled over in here, hoops is simply rebuilding as it did many years ago when Al was hired.  But yes, GDF has taken a backwards step in Fball and womens hoops for starters, and some of the less high profile sports have suffered in the ACC though it can turn around.

Sections
Shortcuts