Storrs CT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bc64jg. Show bc64jg's posts

Storrs CT

I spotted one of those Top Ten articles the other day - it was titled the 10 worst college towns in the US.  At #6 was Storrs Ct - home of Uconn.   The article went on to describe Storrs as being the "only college town that reminds you of a etirement community and LIKES it that way."

Have I just found the reason for the collective discontent of the Uconn based BC haters?  Banished to a retirement community and forced to play shuffleboard and bingo for undergraduate entertainment could certainly build the bile and hatred they spew on almost a daily basis.  Our response is now clear - pity the poor souls forced to look north to the forever unattainable beauty and excellence of Boston obviously built a hatred of all things Boston.  Our response should now be clear - pity the lost souls and pray that their minds be open, their eyes see and their tongues learn to speak the truth their minds refuse to accept.  The view of Boston and it's forever unattainable beauty must have been pure torture that ultimately broke them.  How sad - how very sad indeed! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bac10. Show bac10's posts

Re: Storrs CT

In Response to Storrs CT:
    I spotted one of those Top Ten articles the other day - it was titled the 10 worst college towns in the US.  At #6 was Storrs Ct - home of Uconn.   The article went on to describe Storrs as being the "only college town that reminds you of a etirement community and LIKES it that way." Have I just found the reason for the collective discontent of the Uconn based BC haters?  Banished to a retirement community and forced to play shuffleboard and bingo for undergraduate entertainment could certainly build the bile and hatred they spew on almost a daily basis.  Our response is now clear - pity the poor souls forced to look north to the forever unattainable beauty and excellence of Boston obviously built a hatred of all things Boston.  Our response should now be clear - pity the lost souls and pray that their minds be open, their eyes see and their tongues learn to speak the truth their minds refuse to accept.  The view of Boston and it's forever unattainable beauty must have been pure torture that ultimately broke them.  How sad - how very sad indeed!        
    Posted by bc64jg

Ouch, that really stings.  What prestigious publication put out that devastating take-down of Storrs?  US News and World Report?  Forbes? The Economist? Well, thanks to the wonders of Google and their genius algorithms, UConn alums should be sucking their thumbs in the fetal position because the blog at accreditedonlinecolleges.com, a website devoted to those seeking on-line college degrees, does not like Storrs.  In hindsight, the post seems a bit over-the-top but the modern poetry course you apparently took at the University of Phoenix seems to really have paid off.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

I spotted one of those Top Ten articles the other day - it was titled the 10 worst college towns in the US.  At #6 was Storrs Ct - home of Uconn.   The article went on to describe Storrs as being the "only college town that reminds you of a etirement community and LIKES it that way." Have I just found the reason for the collective discontent of the Uconn based BC haters?  Banished to a retirement community and forced to play shuffleboard and bingo for undergraduate entertainment could certainly build the bile and hatred they spew on almost a daily basis.  Our response is now clear - pity the poor souls forced to look north to the forever unattainable beauty and excellence of Boston obviously built a hatred of all things Boston.  Our response should now be clear - pity the lost souls and pray that their minds be open, their eyes see and their tongues learn to speak the truth their minds refuse to accept.  The view of Boston and it's forever unattainable beauty must have been pure torture that ultimately broke them.  How sad - how very sad indeed!        
    Posted by bc64jg

it's second collection appeal Sunday to repay Attorney Mitch Garabedians' fees what the Jesuits performed over the Years .. Good grief perhaps you need to pity the lost souls which you damaged?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

Posted by bc64jg

Let's see... posting at 8:16p.m. when the PATS are playing a Divisional round and doing the GOOGLE on Storrs CT?

Quite a boring life there BC64 ... retirement must be the twilight of your life?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bc64jg. Show bc64jg's posts

bac10: If you googled the Top 10 worst college towns, you know the retirement quote came from ESPN.  I think they're pretty qualified to rate colege towns - in fact they've probably seen more college towns than Forbes, US News & World Report and the Economist combined.  But never let a fact interfere with your ongoing hatred of all thiings Boston.  Or possibly you just can't comprehend what you read.
    cheeroh:  Since you can't put two coherent English sentences back to back, I put you on ignore long ago.
    postingking:  I love your "logic" as it's classic Uconn.  I lived in NY for 40 years and Il for 30.  I don't care much for the Patriots and have been recently a Bears fan and prior to that a Giant fan.  I come to boston.com to read about BC, a school and team I love.  And in just another case of an inability to read or comprehend - I clearly wrote I spotted one of those top 10 articles THE OTHER DAY. 

Your comments typcally have a consistent theme - when you can't debate or defend, you attach the writer.  It just doesn't win you any points and convinces everyone on the thread just what a waste of time you are.  I'm done with you guys, you're not worth anyone's time. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bac10. Show bac10's posts

Actually, I like Boston and can read and comprehend your post just fine.  My advice is don't start an insulting thread against a college campus--which is really just your average-to-nice college campus---if you truly seek an illuminating discussion of college sports.  

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bc64jg. Show bc64jg's posts

whr:  I suppose your 2nd paragragh was meant for bac10 - he's the one that brought The Econmist into the discussion.  Another uconn guy who can't read.

As to the first paragraph-attack the messenger, never discuss facts.  You never got beyond grammar school name calling and it's really booring. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Is there a point to all this rubbish?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsox01. Show redsox01's posts

The worst campus town (if you can call it that) that I have ever visited in my entire life!!

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Worst Collegiate venue in America ... Alumni Field BEANTOWN~

Worst Collegiate GYM in America  Conte All Purpose Gymnasium! Too cheap to build a skating Rink!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

In Response to Re: Storrs CT:
    Worst Collegiate venue in America ... Alumni Field BEANTOWN~ Worst Collegiate GYM in America  Conte All Purpose Gymnasium! Too cheap to build a skating Rink!
    Posted by UofNDKing

Hey moron, BC has a 1st class D1 arena. Your fighting frauds just spent 50 mil to replace the old high school rink and they still have a high school rink. Barely holds 5000 people and is one of the smallest in D1 hockey

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

In Response to Re: Storrs CT : Hey moron, BC has a 1st class D1 arena. Your fighting frauds just spent 50 mil to replace the old high school rink and they still have a high school rink. Barely holds 5000 people and is one of the smallest in D1 hockey
    Posted by ScreenNameGoesHere

World class arena? Typical "Northeast Troll" who has never been out of
    D O R C H E S T E R! Conte is a small dump, and Alumni is a "Sand Box" ... move on to the Carrier Dome idiot to enlighten your perspective on first class collegiate venues! 

UCONN NCAA NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!!!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

I never cared for the Carrier Dome.  It's way too big for basketball.  I'm old, so I like the smaller, dumpy arenas actually.  Not a huge fan of Conte, it's dumpy but not that small.  I liked the Roberts Center better.  I love the Cage out in Amherst, but then that's where I first watched college hoops back in the 70's.  First time I ever saw Jim Calhoun, in fact,  was there when he was still leading NU.  The Mullin Center is okay, it would be better if, you know, it was actually filled with people. I've never been to Storrs, so no idea what the town or their arena is like.  Hartford is the only place I've seen hoops down there, and it's the usual City Arena, nothing special, nothing terrible either. I imagine every on campus game is sold out, yes? In Greater Boston the Agganis is hands-down the best.  And they serve beer, woo-woo! Only thing missing is top notch hoops.

Agganis Arena is first class. Kudos to BU. Now if they could just put together winning programs to fill it?
    Posted by SlimPickensIII

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 82ndAB. Show 82ndAB's posts

Debate it all you want Athens, GA home of UG has it all over BC!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from crm222. Show crm222's posts

Debate it all you want Athens, GA home of UG has it all over BC!
    Posted by 82ndAB

Wait, GA is the home of UG???   Very insightful and perceptive post, thanks for adding to the debate G.I. Joe.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jack ryder. Show jack ryder's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Storrs CT : redsox, you obviously have NEVER been to a BC hoops game or even a BC football game whose crazed and rabid fans hold their applause until the "good sportsmanship" is read from the PA guy.  talk about a boring college sports atmosphere with whine and cheese crowds....  you won't find that at Uconn

Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE

Of course you won't find that at uscum-storrs; they don't even have an on-campus stadium.  The loyal 20,000 fans watch the games in a rented facility that sits atop a toxic dump in East Hartford.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

In Response to Re: Storrs CT :
    In Response to Re: Storrs CT : redsox, you obviously have NEVER been to a BC hoops game or even a BC football game whose crazed and rabid fans hold their applause until the "good sportsmanship" is read from the PA guy.  talk about a boring college sports atmosphere with whine and cheese crowds....  you won't find that at Uconn Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE Of course you won't find that at uscum-storrs; they don't even have an on-campus stadium.  The loyal 20,000 fans watch the games in a rented facility that sits atop a toxic dump in East Hartford.  
    Posted by Lordship

With BC athletic season , and what lies ahead, their empty stands are growing. I really don't think you've ever been to a UND, or a Big Ten football, or basketball game posting commentary as obtuse as the above?

BC athletics is deplorable, and always will be.

Further, Nationally Northeast NCAA football is considered a joke, and for good reason; it exhibits medicority, and the talent is not championship caliber.

Of comfort,  it is always nice seeing, after a BC football game,
    little drunk'en altar boys urinating on residential property, win or lose,  in
    quintessential Chestnut Hill. 

Ever wonder why BC is hated in their own neighborhood and limited in expansion? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

In Response to Re: Storrs CT : With BC athletic season , and what lies ahead, their empty stands are growing. I really don't think you've ever been to a UND, or a Big Ten football, or basketball game posting commentary as obtuse as the above? BC athletics is deplorable, and always will be. Further, Nationally Northeast NCAA football is considered a joke, and for good reason; it exhibits medicority, and the talent is not championship caliber. Of comfort,  it is always nice seeing, after a BC football game, little drunk'en altar boys urinating on residential property, win or lose,  in quintessential Chestnut Hill.  Ever wonder why BC is hated in their own neighborhood and limited in expan sion? 
    Posted by UofNDKing

Ahhhh, now we have it!
    ndqeen may or may not have any connection to nd, but he/she must be one of those way too stuffy, uptight, townies that live on Lake St

Must be time to organize another community meeting to demand that all those pagan college students be kept away from your precious neighborhood

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Never been to a BC game however, with the confined and prehistoric facilities, and team losses piling up each Saturday, why would one deem BC big time collegiate FSB football? My god “altar boys”  urinating on inhabited property at $54,000/year, such a neighborly act for these Medieval and Ancient History majors! Appears to resemble Fenway Park where you can have a Dog with the reek of urine all over the place?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

In Response to Re: Storrs CT :
    In Response to Re: Storrs CT : redsox, you obviously have NEVER been to a BC hoops game or even a BC football game whose crazed and rabid fans hold their applause until the "good sportsmanship" is read from the PA guy.  talk about a boring college sports atmosphere with whine and cheese crowds....  you won't find that at Uconn Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE Of course you won't find that at uscum-storrs; they don't even have an on-campus stadium.  The loyal 20,000 fans watch the games in a rented facility that sits atop a toxic dump in East Hartford.  
    Posted by Lordship

Yep, can't even handle Wake Forest at home before 200 "urinating fans" in a converted hockey arena!

Way to go BC losses keep piling up ... Congrats Flippo!

Sections
Shortcuts