Syracuse and Pitt Headed to ACC?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailboat. Show sailboat's posts

Syracuse and Pitt Headed to ACC?

According to the NY Times, and reported in the Globe, both BE schools are talking with the ACC, and nobody is denying the report.  Looks like BC was correctly proactive 7 years ago and now the BE f'ball schools are scrambling.  Has UConn started preparing its lawsuit yet?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Re: Syracuse and Pitt Headed to ACC?

with Clemson, GT, & FSU headed to the SEC, along with Texas A&M the ACC better entertain some more loser programs!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Minutemen429. Show Minutemen429's posts

If the ACC cares about who is or was suing them they have a funny way of showing it.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/college/news/2003/06/25/acc_lawsuit_ap/

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from marzxyz. Show marzxyz's posts

Seems to if the ACC is recruiting football "losers," they should have contacted ND by now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from marzxyz. Show marzxyz's posts

"Seems to me..."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailboat. Show sailboat's posts

CBS Sports reports that Syracuse and Pitt to ACC is "done deal".  And all ACC presidents voted to make ACC exit fee $20 million.  So no  ACC school is going to SEC.  And CBS Sports reports that the BE has contacted all Big 12 schools except OKL and OKL State to see if they'd like to join BE.  Note that the Big 12 schools did not call the BE.  Probably will see  WVU to the SEC?  KU, KSU, Baylor and Iowa State sure sounds exciting to have in the "Big East" (NOT!!!), and it sure gives new meaning to the word "east".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

None of the ACC teams are headed to the SEC as the SEC will not allow any new teams from states where there are already SEC teams

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SJS1214. Show SJS1214's posts

Football Coaches are lining up all over America and taking tickets to wait for their chance to mark a W on their schedules for the Boston College Football program!

The Sunday prayers..

Lord thank you for now letting me play BC instead of West Virginia!

Add to it, 9 Freshman Hoops players and BC's two glamour high profile programs are in rebuild mode.

Stevie Donahue was a great hire by GDF though!!

BC EAGLES.....SpazooVooDoo..  That's a W!

BC, Wake, Duke and NC State.... get in that Atlantic Division and get Duke in the rotation --- and you got 4 W's!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6988468/acc-accepts-pittsburgh-panthers-syracuse-orange-14-team-league

"The Atlantic Coast Conference has extended its northern reach, adding Pittsburgh and Syracuse. Now the question becomes, will the league stop there -- or keep growing to 16?

The ACC announced Sunday that its council of presidents unanimously voted to accept Pittsburgh and Syracuse, a move that increases its membership to 14 and sends the Big East scrambling -- again -- to replace two of its cornerstone programs."

"We are constantly evaluating the competitive landscape to ensure the conference's viability for years to come, and this, I believe, has staying power," ACC commissioner John Swofford said on a conference call."

I'm happy to see Syracuse and Pittsburgh in the ACC. West Virgina and Connecticut would be great adds as well that would give two 8 team divisions maybe North and South. Less plane rides for some fans...

Now BC needs to just find a field goal kicker!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from marzxyz. Show marzxyz's posts

Re: Syracuse and Pitt Headed to ACC

It turns out that, apart from financial considerations, BC made a courageous, trialblazing move in being the first northeastern school to move to the ACC.  BC clearly has acquited itself with class and dignity in the eyes of ACC leadership, many of whom originally had serious misgivings about extending the ACC brand into the unfamiliar, nay foreign, northern precincts.  For BC going forward, it will be rewarding (and a comfort) to renew old school ties with its neighbors Pitt and Syracuse.  Needless to say, the split with the Big East (especially 'Cuse) was acrimonious.  At long last, it is time to bury the hatch with the school that is destined to become BC's biggest athletic rival.  Long live the ACC! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from marzxyz. Show marzxyz's posts

Re: Syracuse and Pitt Headed to ACC

In Response to Re: Syracuse and Pitt Headed to ACC:
    [QUOTE]It turns out that, apart from financial considerations, BC made a courageous, trailblazing move in being the first northeastern school to move to the ACC.  BC clearly has acquitted itself with class and dignity in the eyes of ACC leadership, many of whom originally had serious misgivings about extending the ACC brand into the unfamiliar (nay, foreign) northern precincts.  For BC going forward, it will be rewarding (and a comfort) to renew old school ties with its neighbors Pitt and Syracuse.  Needless to say, the split with the Big East (especially 'Cuse) was acrimonious.  At long last, it is time to bury the hatch with the school that is destined to become BC's biggest athletic rival.  Long live the ACC! 
    Posted by marzxyz[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redbarchetta88. Show redbarchetta88's posts

The trolls are coming out in full force today. The Big East is still in a better position than the Big 12. They'll survive. It will just be less Big and less East. Still better than the A-10.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

In Response to Re: Syracuse and Pitt Headed to ACC?:
    [QUOTE]The trolls are coming out in full force today. The Big East is still in a better position than the Big 12. They'll survive. It will just be less Big and less East. Still better than the A-10.
    Posted by redbarchetta88[/QUOTE]

It may be good advise for BC to start retooling for 2012! This Stony Brook team is awesome and may apply to the ACC for admission. As for the ACC, seeing what USC did to  the 'CUSE, and IOWA dismantle PITT,  it was like watching Duke jerking off BC for 4 quarters!

NOTRE DAME FOOTBALL BABY!

Notre Dame defensive backs Harrison Smith (22) and Zeke Motta (17) break up a pass intended for Michigan State's B.J. Cunningham (3) in the second half Saturday at Notre Dame Stadium. For more photos visit southbendtribune.com.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle79. Show Eagle79's posts

ND,

You should check the internet on what may be happening to the Big East, not so sure ND will stay associated with the BE for their other sports.  Some blog sites say that Rutgers and UConn are next to join the ACC.  Others say it will be Texas and ND to fill out the 16 in the ACC.  Watch this space.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Syracuse and Pitt Headed to ACC? : It may be good advise for BC to start retooling for 2012! This Stony Brook team is awesome and may apply to the ACC for admission. As for the ACC, seeing what USC did to  the 'CUSE, and IOWA dismantle PITT,  it was like watching Duke jerking off BC for 4 quarters! NOTRE DAME FOOTBALL BABY!
    Posted by UofNDKing[/QUOTE]

THIS IS NOTRE DAME FOOTALL BABY!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Syracuse and Pitt Headed to ACC?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Syracuse and Pitt Headed to ACC? : THIS IS NOTRE DAME FOOTALL BABY!
    Posted by ScreenNameGoesHere[/QUOTE]

Brilliant!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigDaddyBC. Show BigDaddyBC's posts

Laughing at all the clowns who said BC moving to the ACC was a bad move. Hmmm, positioned themselves into a super conference long before its eventual reality. Everyone whining about rivals? Now Syracuse and Pitt are in. Did I mention they are hypocrites for what they said about BC then? And look at UConn the biggest hypocrite of them all who sued BC. Now they are begging to get in. I hope BC works behind the scenes to deny them. I would much rather see Texas or ND in the ACC then the phonies from the nowhere state. And please don't tell me that BC won't cut it. They will adjust. Change is good.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

I actually hope they work right in front, particularly for that hypocrite souse Calhoun!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]Laughing at all the clowns who said BC moving to the ACC was a bad move. Hmmm, positioned themselves into a super conference long before its eventual reality. Everyone whining about rivals? Now Syracuse and Pitt are in. Did I mention they are hypocrites for what they said about BC then? And look at UConn the biggest hypocrite of them all who sued BC. Now they are begging to get in. I hope BC works behind the scenes to deny them. I would much rather see Texas or ND in the ACC then the phonies from the nowhere state. And please don't tell me that BC won't cut it. They will adjust. Change is good.
    Posted by BigDaddyBC[/QUOTE]

Another new probie.... I believe BC was the hypocrite this season in retaining their worthless JV Football Coach? Upcoming losses: Notre Dame, VT, FSU ,MD, Clemson, NCSU  & Miami  = 2-10 Tough to swallow hommie!

Jim Calhoun

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

I remember LP made a post a couple of years ago using a quote from Boeheim about the BC football program and what a big mistake they made going to the ACC (it was quoted in the NYT).  Now Jimmy can't get on his knees fast enough for the ACC.  This is really cool!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigDaddyBC. Show BigDaddyBC's posts

Hey Cheeroh, no wonder you are a UConn grad. You don't know the meaning of hypocrite. If UConn is so important and relevant why are you groveling?

23. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts