The Firing of Steve Donahue @ 8-23 in the ACC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailman2. Show sailman2's posts

Re: The Firing of Steve Donahue @ 8-23 in the ACC

In response to SlimPickensIII's comment:

Just saw an ESPN article that said "Calhoun interested in BC job'.   Thought 'wow',  but then I saw that the source was that idiot Goodman, who will say anything to get attention. 

Say good bye to New England’s efforts in the NCAA’s with Tommy Izzo shinning today!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailman2. Show sailman2's posts

In response to ScreenNameGoesHere's comment:

In response to indians1948's comment:

In response to ScreenNameGoesHere's comment:

Oh well, back to the drawing board for the Eagles.   You can't get much lower than losing to a team like USC. That's even worse than losing to Notre Dame. But at this point you may as well give him finish the last year of his contract, especially after the AD and President said they supported him. 

So what do they do now?  Mike Jarvis?  If Travis Ford gets canned from OK State, I'd bring him in for a look, and if they do a one-and-out after starting the season in the top 10 I gotta believe that T Boone is going to pull out the check book and send Travis on his way.

I don't know who the up-and-comers would be,  but this job is turning into a tough sell. Might need to dig into that fired coach pool.

I liked Donahue at first, but he didn't do a good recruiting job, like his predecessor Al, after he lost his top assistants, Ed Cooley and Bill Coen. They might try Coen at Northeastern or Joe Jones at BU or BC alum and former Skinner assistant Tim O'Shea. I have 3 dark horses, (1)since AD Bates is a former MAC guy, Todd Kowalczyk at Toledo, and (2) Dave Dickerson, assistant to Thad Motta at OSU or maybe (3) Greg Paulus, also an assistant at OSU, who I hated as a player but assisted the K-man and Motta. Another possibility is Amaker, who has had great success at Harvard, but was mediocre at Seton Hall and Michigan. The BC bloggers are talking up Shaka Smart, but I can't see him coming here, although coaching in the ACC vs. the K-man, Pitino and Boeheim might appeal to him.

I don't see BC taking a chance on another Ivy league coach so I doubt Amaker even gets consideration.

My guess is Steve Wojo from Duke or Lonergan from GW

I think you're wrong about Amaker, but definitley not Wojo; he's biding his time to replace the Immortal One at Duke.

Amaker may in fact be a great choice, but given the disaster that Donahue was, I just don't see them looking to an Ivy league coach again.

Say One disaster to Another = the Beheads Coaches Institute?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

In response to sailman2's comment:

Just saw an ESPN article that said "Calhoun interested in BC job'.   Thought 'wow',  but then I saw that the source was that idiot Goodman, who will say anything to get attention. 

Say good bye to New England’s efforts in the NCAA’s with Tommy Izzo shinning today!

Last time I checked my atlas, Connecticut was in New England too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailman2. Show sailman2's posts

Last time I checked my atlas, Connecticut was in New England too.

UCONN is in a world of their own in NCAA basketball, both woman and men just ask chair basking in h/s glory.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailman2. Show sailman2's posts

River Hawks come out fighting, shut down Irish! 

Comments Gipper?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dobbinsstreet. Show dobbinsstreet's posts

River Hawks come out fighting, shut down Irish! 

Comments Gipper?

I don't know about Gipper but UML thoroughly outplayed UND and UNH. Watch out for them in the tournament. They look better than last season. They are a legit Frozen Four team. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

I was bored watching the Villanova game, as my Huskies had too much talent dealing with a Catholic University want-a-bee which had no business being in the Dance.

Turned on NESN+ and the UML game far more exciting than watching UCONN beat up on little puppy dogs from Philadelphia.

UML has is the best Hockey team in thew NCAA and will go deep however Michigan & Minnesota are strong also. UML reminds me of the days BU had this type of DEFENSE.

As for Buffoon College Hockey time for York to retire? UML is the King pin of Hockey East.

Sections
Shortcuts