Time Will Tell With The BC Men's BB Team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle78. Show Eagle78's posts

Time Will Tell With The BC Men's BB Team

I have high hopes for this team.  True, they need additional pieces which hopefully they will get in the next recruiting class.  They are very young, and no one expected them to be successful right away, but they have shown glimpses of what they could become.

I agree with the comments that these guys are not heralded superstars.  However, how many teams have we seen emerge as strong squads...and make deep runs in the Tournament, who were made up of non-heralded guys?

Time will tell, of course.  But, for now, I like what I see.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Re: Time Will Tell With The BC Men's BB Team

Well said Eagle.  Patience is key, but off to a good start. 

My question is, with so many freshman, do we have any room for recruits this year?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle78. Show Eagle78's posts

In Response to Re: Time Will Tell With The BC Men's BB Team:
    [QUOTE]Well said Eagle.  Patience is key, but off to a good start.  My question is, with so many freshman, do we have any room for recruits this year?
    Posted by momort[/QUOTE]

I believe we will have several openings next year (Sr. graduation and GS students leaving).  It will be important to address some key needs.  If we are successful here, I will feel very good about the future.

I have seen a number of games this year and the improvement in this team has been significant.  Not enough yet to mean a huge difference in W-L's, but none of us were expecting much in that department this year anyways.  It's the little things.  The passing has gotten crisper, guys are more familiar with each other, the offense is developing  more of a regular flow, etc.

They have some really good 3 point shooters on this team.  What they need here is consistency.  I am sure Coach D. will be stressing this as these guys go into the offseason.  I expect them to be much improved next year.

The other area where I expect to see improvement is in their strength/conditioning and their ability to stay with teams.  Too many times this year I have seen them hang with teams in the first half, only to see it completely unravel in the second half.

As I said, time will tell, but I like the improvement this team continues to make and am hopeful for the future.

(Donnn, really dude, we get it.  You think BC is terrible and anybody who thinks otherwise is an idiot.  Got it.  Now, how about letting those of us who are BC fans and want to talk about the team do so, OK?  Or does your BC obsession require you to respond to every BC post on this sports board?)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

I've also noticed that the attendence at home games seems to be better.  Not sure if the #s would back that up, but interest is building...

now, about the football team...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle78. Show Eagle78's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time Will Tell With The BC Men's BB Team : yeah things looks great minus awful losses to Holy Cross, Umass, Penn St, BU, Harvard, URI and Wake!   bet you think today is a SUNNY day also!  Mind you it's been gray and raining ALL day Typical BC guys (the BC blinders), let's pat ourselves on the back and remind each other things looks great when your sporting world is down the tubes and an ACC doormat!
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

Well...I guess this settles the question of your obsession now, doesn't it?  Are you going to stalk me all over these threads?  A bit creepy, I must say.

Go back and read my post.  It was simply a statement of my optimism for the BC Men's BB team.  Something I would like to discuss with my fellow BC fans.  Is that a problem for you?? 

Just sad, dude.  Just sad.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle78. Show Eagle78's posts

[QUOTE]I've also noticed that the attendence at home games seems to be better.  Not sure if the #s would back that up, but interest is building... now, about the football team...
    Posted by momort[/QUOTE]

Good point.  BB attendance is up a bit, consistent with the improved play of the team.  Also, the product is a much better one now.

For FB, I am also a season ticket holder  and this was a tough season.  The one silver lining I take away from the season is that this was a very young team that started the season riddled with injuries.  As the season wore on, they gained more experience and guys got healthy.  Both of these things were really true for the OL.  If you look at the last 3-4 games of the season, it was a much improved team.  They beat a good bowl bound NC State team, they beat a Miami team, in Miami (something that hasn't been done since the "Miracle in Miami", I believe), and they almost beat a solid Notre Dame team, at SB.

This team is now a group of veterans, who, while losing Luke, get a hopefully healthy Montel back. If the OL continues to gel, that will really help the offense. 

I don't know how that will translate to W-L's next year, but we will be much improved.  We shall see.

I cannot wait for the opening weekend where we will be hosting Miami.  That game will tell us a lot about how the season is likely to go.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time Will Tell With The BC Men's BB Team : yeah things looks great minus awful losses to Holy Cross, Umass, Penn St, BU, Harvard, URI and Wake!   bet you think today is a SUNNY day also!  Mind you it's been gray and raining ALL day Typical BC guys (the BC blinders), let's pat ourselves on the back and remind each other things looks great when your sporting world is down the tubes and an ACC doormat!
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]
    Wow, I'm down here in Florida and it's been 78 and sunny all day. No wonder you guys are in such a bad mood all the time.
    Donnnn, how do you feel about the future of the UConnians? Unclear coaching picture, no NCAA tournament next year, several "stars" probably looking to go pro? Let's have an honest evaluation, and not "At least we'll be better than BC" which may be true for another year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from crm222. Show crm222's posts

Clifford, Anderson, definitely future superstars.  Its amazing to see their progress each game.  Jordan Daniels is a future Gerry Mcnamara, he's going to be a phenomenal college player.  Maybe Jackson and Heckman too.  Jackson shows flickers of genius and as he continues to put on size his skill and basketball smarts will flourish. Don't count Heckman out either just because he's had mono. Humphreys will continue to lead the team until he graduates.  My prediction: This team will be upper mid level in the ACC next year.  By the year after, the sky is the limit.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from crm222. Show crm222's posts

Also, I have been loving the way Daniels has been dishing the ball lately to different pieces of the offense, he's a great passer.  And all of a sudden, Anderson has become a force in the paint.  Donahue has the ability to bring out the best in these players and its great to the progress they're making!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]Also, I have been loving the way Daniels has been dishing the ball lately to different pieces of the offense, he's a great passer.  And all of a sudden, Anderson has become a force in the paint.  Donahue has the ability to bring out the best in these players and its great to the progress they're making!
    Posted by crm222[/QUOTE]
    I agree about Daniels, but the biggest thing is that they've been able to cut down on turnovers. Don't forget Dennis Clifford, too. He just needs to get stronger. I'd love to see Eddie Odio get more minutes, because he might be their most athletic player, but he's dying on the bench.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crm222. Show crm222's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time Will Tell With The BC Men's BB Team : I agree about Daniels, but the biggest thing is that they've been able to cut down on turnovers. Don't forget Dennis Clifford, too. He just needs to get stronger. I'd love to see Eddie Odio get more minutes, because he might be their most athletic player, but he's dying on the bench.
    Posted by indians1948[/QUOTE]

I watched his video, he's good but he's awful skinny.  He needs to gain a lot of weight to be competitive I think.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle78. Show Eagle78's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time Will Tell With The BC Men's BB Team :   I suppose if you got hit by a car you'd still think the day could be salvaged into a "good day".  Optimism is one thing but stupidity is another and you my friend suffer from the latter
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

Well...I disagree.  You are entitled to your opinion. As they say, "that's what makes the market."

That said, I have every right to express my "unbridled optimism" here.  Let me give you a little hint, you are not the "czar" of these boards.  I will express my views, as I please.  Got it?

We get it, you think we are all stupid. What YOU appear to suffer from, "my friend" is an absolute intolerance of any view other than your own, and an unhealthy obsession with BC.   You prove it every time you respond to a BC post, no matter generic the post.

How many more times are you going to stalk me and shout how stupid I am? What's more, why do you even care what I say here? 

Obsession, pure and simple. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time Will Tell With The BC Men's BB Team : Good point.  BB attendance is up a bit, consistent with the improved play of the team.  Also, the product is a much better one now. For FB, I am also a season ticket holder  and this was a tough season.  The one silver lining I take away from the season is that this was a very young team that started the season riddled with injuries.  As the season wore on, they gained more experience and guys got healthy.  Both of these things were really true for the OL.  If you look at the last 3-4 games of the season, it was a much improved team.  They beat a good bowl bound NC State team, they beat a Miami team, in Miami (something that hasn't been done since the "Miracle in Miami", I believe), and they almost beat a solid Notre Dame team, at SB. This team is now a group of veterans, who, while losing Luke, get a hopefully healthy Montel back. If the OL continues to gel, that will really help the offense.  I don't know how that will translate to W-L's next year, but we will be much improved.  We shall see. I cannot wait for the opening weekend where we will be hosting Miami.  That game will tell us a lot about how the season is likely to go.
    Posted by Eagle78[/QUOTE]

All true Eagle.  But don't forget losing 4 coaches and at leat 5 recruits (2 to PENN STATE!!!) while getting the 3rd lowest class rating of any BCS school.  It's really ugly and getting worse....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Eagle, I know how hard it is to stop, but you have to.  To make it easier, 100% of the things you say about Donnn are correct.  Sometimes its easier to let go once you hear that.  The guy is a loser, plain and simple.  His points make no sense, he has anger issues towards BC (and I'm guessing his overall life) and for whatever reason he wants to spend time EVERY SINGLE DAY yelling at those who want to talk about BC sports.  Just let it go, ignore him and eventually he'll go away....well maybe not, Cheer and WHR are still around despite 99.9% of their posts being ignored. 

We'll start a support group called "ignore the mentally challenged"!  OK?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamesGatz1. Show JamesGatz1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time Will Tell With The BC Men's BB Team :   I suppose if you got hit by a car you'd still think the day could be salvaged into a "good day".  Optimism is one thing but stupidity is another and you my friend suffer from the latter
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

And you are a psychopath, pure and simple. You are a Glenn Close-boiling-the-bunny psycho with serious mental health issues. You go on every thread and spew your bile...that's your life? That's what brings you happiness and fulfillment? What is wrong with you?

Is that how a healthy, normal person behaves?

Do you go to counseling, becauase you should.

And if you are the guy (as I suspect you might be) who also logs in as whr, cheeroh, undking, 82ndab and googleboy...you don't need counseling. You need to be under treatment 24 hours a day.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

slim, gatz, join the support group.  We all know and agree on Donna and his merry group of retar*s.  so let's leave them be....

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamesGatz1. Show JamesGatz1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time Will Tell With The BC Men's BB Team : 100% OF THE THINGS THEY SAY ABOUT BC ATHLETICS ARE ALL UNTRUE THERE JUST SIMPLY AWEFULL. PLEASE HIT THE IGNORE BC BUTTON, AS IT IS ALL A CONSPIRACY.  PLEASE DONATE TO THE ALUMNI FUND, WHERE TROLLS AS SCREENNAME MO, 1978, OUR UNEMPLOYED DORCHESTER EAGLES, HOVERING AROUND THE BC BLOGS, CAN BREAK THIS TERRIBLE SPELL WHICH BC ATHLETICS HAS ENDURED!
    Posted by whr[/QUOTE]

You are mentally ill. Your actions and your words are not those of a well-adjusted, normal healthy person.  Normal, healthy people do not act like you do.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts