UConn without Calhoun

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

UConn without Calhoun

More bad news for UConn. Four losses in a row, and now they lose Calhoun, most likely for the rest of the season. When Calhoun's previous illnesses kept him out of more than one game at a stretch, the Huskies are only 9-9, according to the Sporting News. They're 14-7 now, and if they only wind up with 19 wins, will they make it to the dance?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Re: UConn without Calhoun

1948 discusses UCONN's slump and his Indains have not won in 63 years, and BC is 8-14? Brilliant!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

In Response to Re: UConn without Calhoun:
    [QUOTE]1948 discusses UCONN's slump and his Indains have not won in 63 years, and BC is 8-14? Brilliant!
    Posted by UofNDKing[/QUOTE]
    It's not a discussion of their slump, my friend. You called it a slump, not me. I merely pointed out that they've lost four in a row. I posed a question as to whether they'll have enough wins and momentum to make it to the tournament. You choose to put your own spin on it however.
    As for my Indians, have you ever heard of "the curse of Rocky Colavito?" He was the Indians slugger whom GM Frank "Trader" Lane traded to Detroit for singles hitter Harvey Kuenn on the day before opening day in 1960. The Tribe has not yet recovered, just as it took the Sox 83 years to end the Curse of the Bambino.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: UConn without Calhoun : It's not a discussion of their slump, my friend. You called it a slump, not me. I merely pointed out that they've lost four in a row. I posed a question as to whether they'll have enough wins and momentum to make it to the tournament. You choose to put your own spin on it however. As for my Indians, have you ever heard of "the curse of Rocky Colavito?" He was the Indians slugger whom GM Frank "Trader" Lane traded to Detroit for singles hitter Harvey Kuenn on the day before opening day in 1960. The Tribe has not yet recovered, just as it took the Sox 83 years to end the Curse of the Bambino.
    Posted by indians1948[/QUOTE]

48 - interesting story. Never heard about the curse of Rocky.
    But 1 thing I do remember from the early 60s is playing this baseball board game with player disks and a spinner. Hours of fun and Rocky was 1 player I always want to get on my team

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/30864/all-star-baseball

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: UConn without Calhoun : 48 - interesting story. Never heard about the curse of Rocky. But 1 thing I do remember from the early 60s is playing this baseball board game with player disks and a spinner. Hours of fun and Rocky was 1 player I always want to get on my team http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/30864/all-star-baseball
    Posted by ScreenNameGoesHere[/QUOTE]
    I remember that one and another called Strat-O-Matic Baseball. There's actually a book out by Terry Pluto titled The Curse of Rocky Colavito.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: UConn without Calhoun : It's not a discussion of their slump, my friend. You called it a slump, not me. I merely pointed out that they've lost four in a row. I posed a question as to whether they'll have enough wins and momentum to make it to the tournament. You choose to put your own spin on it however. As for my Indians, have you ever heard of "the curse of Rocky Colavito?" He was the Indians slugger whom GM Frank "Trader" Lane traded to Detroit for singles hitter Harvey Kuenn on the day before opening day in 1960. The Tribe has not yet recovered, just as it took the Sox 83 years to end the Curse of the Bambino.
    Posted by indians1948[/QUOTE]

1948; Loved the Indians ... and hope in the near furture for that blighted City has something to be proud of ... Big mistake in letting Eric Wedge go ... a good manager!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bac10. Show bac10's posts

There is no doubt they are playing poorly so why bother arguing the point.  The main problem has been not only the Boatright issue but basically none of their key players from last year have improved.  Some have even played worse.  The notion that Jeremy Lamb should be a lottery pick because he averaged 11 points or whatever it was last year doesn't make any sense.  He's a good player but not close to being a star.  Drummond has shown flashes but again it's astonishing that he is considered a sure-fire top 3 lottery pick--no jump shot or low-post moves, defensive lapses, turns it over too much, etc.  Roscoe Smith has disappeared.  Napier has played probably the two worst games of his career back-to-back.  

They've played with little intensity or chemistry over the past month and I doubt that Blaney can change that fact.  If Calhoun is done for the year and ends up retiring I just hope they have a real open search and don't just settle on one of the assistants. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: UConn without Calhoun : 48 - interesting story. Never heard about the curse of Rocky. But 1 thing I do remember from the early 60s is playing this baseball board game with player disks and a spinner. Hours of fun and Rocky was 1 player I always want to get on my team http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/30864/all-star-baseball
    That's because you have never been west of Dorchester Avenue!
    Ignorance is bliss. No
    wonder your so uninformed!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I really hop big Jim comes out of his next health battle all right because he someone I look up too. No matter what happens as far Calhoun returning to coaching he'll be considered and spoke of in the same breath as the great college basketball coach of the past IMO.

As far as UConn's men's basketball program, all programs have dips and it's just the way it works. If the program does dip Husky fans shouldn't complain it's been a great run for a long time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: UConn without Calhoun : That's because you have never been west of Dorchester Avenue! Ignorance is bliss. No wonder your so uninformed!
    Posted by UofNDKing[/QUOTE]

undqueen/whr/cheeroh -
    Why do you project you shortcomings and inadequacies onto other people?
    It's really you that has never been beyond Everett/Revere/Chelsea/Brockton or whatever location you pick for the day.
    Try to get a life or a hobby or a job. It's a great big world out there with lots of rewards if you look for them. Don't waste your life hating.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: UConn without Calhoun : undqueen/whr/cheeroh - Why do you project you shortcomings and inadequacies onto other people? It's really you that has never been beyond Everett/Revere/Chelsea/Brockton or whatever location you pick for the day. Try to get a life or a hobby or a job. It's a great big world out there with lots of rewards if you look for them. Don't waste your life hating.
    Notre Dame takes down No. 17 Marquette
    76-59
    BC CHOKES AGAIN!
    7-16

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: UConn without Calhoun : undqueen/whr/cheeroh - Why do you project you shortcomings and inadequacies onto other people? It's really you that has never been beyond Everett/Revere/Chelsea/Brockton or whatever location you pick for the day. Try to get a life or a hobby or a job. It's a great big world out there with lots of rewards if you look for them. Don't waste your life hating.

A kindly reminder, which I have observed when you critique whr und king & cheerho, please remind yourself everytime you post: the one nice thing about egotists they don't talk about other people. Are you their troll?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

BC effortless perforamance at Georgia Tech. Wiith these turkey's and Wonder Boy at the helm, why bother in making the trip to Atlanta? Could of stayed on Campus and watched the NFL Network and observe professionals discussing  professionals and how to be a winner.

GO PATS !

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: UConn without Calhoun : A kindly reminder, which I have observed when you critique whr und king & cheerho, please remind yourself everytime you post: the one nice thing about egotists they don't talk about other people. Are you their troll?
    Posted by postingking[/QUOTE]

Screen Name is not a egotist, really "Jerry Fletcher" is a saddest!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

You mention Providence, but I think they're a program heading in the right direction. PC has some history, too, Ed Cooley has done a good job with what he inherited, and he has a top 10 recruiting class coming in. They could surprise next year. And will the BE lose some of its recruiting luster with the departure of Syracuse and Pitt to the ACC?

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bac10. Show bac10's posts

I agree that Kevin Ollie was (is) being groomed for the head coaching spot.  He's unproven but no Uconn player ever got farther in the NBA based on hard work, defense, and basketball IQ.  Karl Hobbs was just average at best at George Washington.  

One positive from this season might be convincing Lamb he's not ready for the NBA yet, if only the draft gurus would stop listing him as a potential lottery pick.  

20. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts