UMass Basketball

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

UMass Basketball

UMass will be a Sweet 16 team. They have one on the best guards in the country in Chaz Williams and a great inside game. I saw their game vs. BC and their win over LSU today on the tube, and while I'm a BC fan, I liked what they showed in both games and think they can make it that far. Big non-conference games at FL State and Providence at home in Dec. Too bad they're not playing Harvard this year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Re: UMass Basketball

In response to indians1948's comment:
    [QUOTE]

UMass will be a Sweet 16 team. They have one on the best guards in the country in Chaz Williams and a great inside game. I saw their game vs. BC and their win over LSU today on the tube, and while I'm a BC fan, I liked what they showed in both games and think they can make it that far. Big non-conference games at FL State and Providence at home in Dec. Too bad they're not playing Harvard this year.

[/QUOTE]

Great for you to come clean moron and admit BC sucks in everything ACC.

Hope you also caught last night's double header where MSU/KY & Kansas/Duke, all Rival ***** ,will always be considered Big Boys, and the scrubs under Donahue just losers.

BTW: Bryce Cotton is better than Chaz Williams.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

In response to undking's comment:

Hope you also caught last night's double header where MSU/KY & Kansas/Duke, all Rival ***** ,will always be considered Big Boys, and the scrubs under Donahue just losers.

Gipper, So somehow, in your warped mind, praising UMass equates to admitting that BC sucks in everything ACC? Whose logic class were you in at South Bend? Bryce Cotton vs. Chaz Williams will be an interesting matchup on 12/28 in Amherst. I'm sure you'll be there if you can find Amherst on a map. Both are great guards, as is Hanlan, as is Rahon, as is Chambers, as is Watson, as are Napier and Boatright, etc. and a lot of guards in New England this year. I think UMass has an edge inside.  Why don't YOU come clean and try to have an actual discussion about college sports instead of just ranting against BC? Or aren't you capable of that?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]

Gipper, So somehow, in your warped mind, praising UMass equates to admitting that BC sucks in everything ACC? Whose logic class were you in at South Bend? Bryce Cotton vs. Chaz Williams will be an interesting matchup on 12/28 in Amherst. I'm sure you'll be there if you can find Amherst on a map. Both are great guards, as is Hanlan, as is Rahon, as is Chambers, as is Watson, as are Napier and Boatright, etc. and a lot of guards in New England this year. I think UMass has an edge inside.  Why don't YOU come clean and try to have an actual discussion about college sports instead of just ranting against BC? Or aren't you capable of that?

[/QUOTE]

Seems this little sweetboy in the closet too long at Buffoon College USA will need some oxygen when the men of Stores meet the YWCA Scrubs come the 19th?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Won't be Buffoon Cllege that's for sure with this small time loser of a Coach!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

In response to SlimPickensIII's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I was out of the Country last week.   It sounds like it was a disappointing turnout at the Garden for the event.   Bummer, I hope they give it another go next year, but won't be surprised if they don't.

[/QUOTE]

But your in time our young Jesuits beating up on Florida Atlantic, a most powerful college in the annals of NCAA basketball, for their first win of the season. Behold the second collection for the missions was held up in reverence for this awesome achievement. 

BTW: the Meterperel, the jock of Buffoon College Athletics is putting the bite on Gerry Callahan for a ### Johnny Heisman vote after ACC dominence in the Coastal Conference.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

In response to cheeroh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Seems this little sweetboy in the closet too long at Buffoon College USA will need some oxygen when the men of Stores meet the YWCA Scrubs come the 19th?

[/QUOTE
    Yes, genius, the men of STORES, as in Wal-Mart?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dobbinsstreet. Show dobbinsstreet's posts

In response to cheeroh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Won't be Buffoon Cllege that's for sure with this small time loser of a Coach!

[/QUOTE]

BC shows loyalty to their coaches, unless their something major comes up. Donohue has shown progress, but not bad enough to terminate. Sometimes, schools and AD's look at more than just wins, progress counts. Loyalty counts. Recruiting counts. Is this the 3rd or 4th year of this coach? I'm sure that the school has a plan for this program.  Would we like more wins? Yes. Do I beleive in BC? Yes. Loyalty seems to have become a lost quality in some areas. I'm glad that this coach doesn't act as if the sword of Damocles is hanging over his head. He knows that the expectation is to improve. BC is giving (and paying for) that chance. Go Eagles!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]

The Minutemen are off to a great 4-0 start, with wins against ACC,  SEC, and B12 opponents.  A win against ranked New Mexico today will almost certainly result in a top 25  ranking for UMass as well.

[/QUOTE]
    A good sign that they were able to win yesterday on a day when Williams only scored 10 points.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]

The Minutemen are off to a great 4-0 start, with wins against ACC,  SEC, and B12 opponents.  A win against ranked New Mexico today will almost certainly result in a top 25  ranking for UMass as well.

[/QUOTE]
    Very good win by UMass today against a BIG New Mexico team, picked to finish 2nd in the Mountain West this year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Very good win by UMass today against a BIG New Mexico team, picked to finish 2nd in the Mountain West this year.

[/QUOTE]

New Mexico has always been a good team, and I'm glad Steve Alfred left, as I hated him even when he was with IOWA who fired his butt.

UMASS looks as though it's for real? Notre Dame sucks this year with no big men. Kudos to UMASS and Derek Kellogg for a very competitive program.

Sorry Cheerho, Shabazz Napier is no Kemba Walker, or Hamilton.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]

New Mexico has always been a good team, and I'm glad Steve Alfred left, as I hated him even when he was with IOWA who fired his butt.

UMASS looks as though it's for real? Notre Dame sucks this year with no big men. Kudos to UMASS and Derek Kellogg for a very competitive program.

[/QUOTE]
    Gipper, Get your facts straight. Steve ALFORD's (not ALFRED) butt was not fired by Iowa, but he left voluntarily to take the job at New Mexico after several good years with the Hawkeyes. Also, nobody ever said that Napier was Kemba Walker, or Hamilton, or Ray Allen, or any of the other great guards to play for UConn, but maybe you might want to change your opinion after tonight's game vs. Indiana. I also like the fact that he's stayed for 4 years.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

[QUOTE]

I was out of the Country last week.   It sounds like it was a disappointing turnout at the Garden for the event.   Bummer, I hope they give it another go next year, but won't be surprised if they don't.

[/QUOTE]

UMass had the biggest turnout for this event with their band, cheerleaders, students, alumni, as well as fans. Coach Kellogg has this team headed in the right direction.

But back to your point, it would be nice if all the schools supported their basketball teams like UMass. It's exciting to see a lot of area college basketball programs doing so well it having this event each year would spark more interest as well as competition.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What's great about the UMass program is that Derek Kellogg is from Springfield, MA and wants to stay at UMass to build the basketball program and not just to make a name for himself to book his next ticket.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They should expand this event into a New England college basketball event by including colleges like UConn, Providence, URI, and others. It might attract more fans and build the fan base.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

In response to GO47's comment:

[QUOTE]

They should expand this event into a New England college basketball event by including colleges like UConn, Providence, URI, and others. It might attract more fans and build the fan base.

[/QUOTE]
    There used to be an event called the Colonial Classic at the Boston Garden in the 70s, and later revived in the 90s at the Fleet Center, aka TD BankNorth Garden. Usually it included BC, UMass, Providence, and either Northeastern, UConn, URI, or Harvard. There was also a basketball Beanpot with the same teams as the hockey Beanpot. I think it would be a great pre-season tournament now, but the attendance was woeful last week and college basketball just doesn't seem to draw in Boston, except for the NCAAs. Maybe try having New England regionals in Providence (Providence, URI), Amherst (UMass, Holy Cross), Hartford (UConn men, UConn women), and Boston (BC, Harvard), then a 4 team tourney with the winners playing at the Garden.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What's great about the UMass program is that Derek Kellogg is from Springfield, MA and wants to stay at UMass to build the basketball program and not just to make a name for himself to book his next ticket.

[/QUOTE]

NOT Stupid ... Gary Barta fired Steve Alfred. Now you’re an expert on the editorials in the Daily Iowan?

More important with your spelling, check the facts before you light up the sky, as most Bostonians do with their BS ... from Charlestown, or Southey 1948?  Or do we go a little bit further Revere or Everett on your IQ dominance?

Concentrate on your 1-4 halfwits at the sad venue for Basketball.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

All three schools suck in basketball. URI give me a break, PC Friars another joke.

Pro Football, and the Patriots are Kings in the Fall/Winter anyway...

Bill Belichick should offer all of his Offensive Line, all his draft picks for this LSU phenom Zach Mettenberger the best QB in the Country after he destroyed Johnny Football...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

All three schools suck in basketball. URI give me a break, PC Friars another joke.

Bill Belichick should offer all of his Offensive Line, all his draft picks for this LSU phenom Zach Mettenberger the best QB in the Country after he destroyed Johnny Football...

[/QUOTE]
    Gipper, your university's current RPI is #252, just ahead of sucky URI at #254. UConn and PC are undefeated so far and in the top 50.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 82ndAB. Show 82ndAB's posts

Saw the 2K Classic at MSG on Network Dish. Appears the BC team lacks self-esteem not use to being in a Big Apple environment. Now, I hear their old Coach OB is at a Media College in Boston, where one can spend $48K/yr. and learn to be like Gerry Callahan @ Emerson College. As a schedule, and RPI inflater, this all white boys team of New England should ramp up Sacred Heart(?), and Emerson and get 2 quick wins before their accustomed loss at Harvard Yard. 

My UAB team now keeps on impressiing the folks down in Dixie, and will be courting the Big Dance come March, as they usually do.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

In response to 82ndAB's comment:

Saw the 2K Classic at MSG on Network Dish. Appears the BC team lacks self-esteem not use to being in a Big Apple environment. Now, I hear their old Coach OB is at a Media College in Boston, where one can spend $48K/yr. and learn to be like Gerry Callahan @ Emerson College. As a schedule, and RPI inflater, this all white boys team of New England should ramp up Sacred Heart(?), and Emerson and get 2 quick wins before their accustomed loss at Harvard Yard. 

My UAB team now keeps on impressiing the folks down in Dixie, and will be courting the Big Dance come March, as they usually do.  

Please define "as they usually do." Your boys have been to the Big Dance ONCE since 2006. Even BC has been to the Dance twice since '06. Maybe you mean the Junior Prom?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm a big Patriots fan also always look forward to seeing them play on Sundays. But I also really like college basketball because it's so entertaining. Going to the Mullins Center watching UMass is a blast.

I didn't say one team was good or bad all I meant by my comment is that I'd like to see the colleges in the area promote college basketball more with these type of events. College basketball popularity does increase after the Super Bowl but a lot of good basketball is played before then like now.

Sections
Shortcuts