UMass Basketball

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Re: UMass Basketball

In response to indians1948's comment:

In response to 82ndAB's comment:

Saw the 2K Classic at MSG on Network Dish. Appears the BC team lacks self-esteem not use to being in a Big Apple environment. Now, I hear their old Coach OB is at a Media College in Boston, where one can spend $48K/yr. and learn to be like Gerry Callahan @ Emerson College. As a schedule, and RPI inflater, this all white boys team of New England should ramp up Sacred Heart(?), and Emerson and get 2 quick wins before their accustomed loss at Harvard Yard. 

My UAB team now keeps on impressiing the folks down in Dixie, and will be courting the Big Dance come March, as they usually do.  

Please define "as they usually do." Your boys have been to the Big Dance ONCE since 2006. Even BC has been to the Dance twice since '06. Maybe you mean the Junior Prom?

Seems Donahue spent too much time in the lower East side Village before the UCONN game.  Team scrubs sucked, as he now looks to some equalizer for screwing up the results.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

In response to undking's comment:

In response to GO47's comment:

In response to SlimPickensIII's comment:

The Minutemen are off to a great 4-0 start, with wins against ACC,  SEC, and B12 opponents.  A win against ranked New Mexico today will almost certainly result in a top 25  ranking for UMass as well.

Very good win by UMass today against a BIG New Mexico team, picked to finish 2nd in the Mountain West this year.

New Mexico has always been a good team, and I'm glad Steve Alfred left, as I hated him even when he was with IOWA who fired his butt.

UMASS looks as though it's for real? Notre Dame sucks this year with no big men. Kudos to UMASS and Derek Kellogg for a very competitive program.

Sorry Cheerho, Shabazz Napier is no Kemba Walker, or Hamilton.

What's great about the UMass program is that Derek Kellogg is from Springfield, MA and wants to stay at UMass to build the basketball program and not just to make a name for himself to book his next ticket.

NOT Stupid ... Gary Barta fired Steve Alfred. Now you’re an expert on the editorials in the Daily Iowan?

More important with your spelling, check the facts before you light up the sky, as most Bostonians do with their BS ... from Charlestown, or Southey 1948?  Or do we go a little bit further Revere or Everett on your IQ dominance?

Concentrate on your 1-4 halfwits at the sad venue for Basketball.

Indian Man surfs the web all day for Bufffon College negativity there Gipper.... Might be a Home Room teacher in Lawrence where it is bi-lingual and he impreses all with his mondane education making $22,000 large/ annum.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dobbinsstreet. Show dobbinsstreet's posts

I was out of the Country last week.   It sounds like it was a disappointing turnout at the Garden for the event.   Bummer, I hope they give it another go next year, but won't be surprised if they don't.

They should expand this event into a New England college basketball event by including colleges like UConn, Providence, URI, and others. It might attract more fans and build the fan base.

All three schools suck in basketball. URI give me a break, PC Friars another joke.

Pro Football, and the Patriots are Kings in the Fall/Winter anyway...

Bill Belichick should offer all of his Offensive Line, all his draft picks for this LSU phenom Zach Mettenberger the best QB in the Country after he destroyed Johnny Football...

I'm a big Patriots fan also always look forward to seeing them play on Sundays. But I also really like college basketball because it's so entertaining. Going to the Mullins Center watching UMass is a blast.

I didn't say one team was good or bad all I meant by my comment is that I'd like to see the colleges in the area promote college basketball more with these type of events. College basketball popularity does increase after the Super Bowl but a lot of good basketball is played before then like now.

I think you idea is great. hope the AD's will look in that direction. Having only been to 1 game at the Mullins Center, I hope it is packed all season long. Most people understood your comment anout a NE regional tourney. Don't worry if some twist it around to mean something different.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

I was out of the Country last week.   It sounds like it was a disappointing turnout at the Garden for the event.   Bummer, I hope they give it another go next year, but won't be surprised if they don't.

They should expand this event into a New England college basketball event by including colleges like UConn, Providence, URI, and others. It might attract more fans and build the fan base.

All three schools suck in basketball. URI give me a break, PC Friars another joke.

Bill Belichick should offer all of his Offensive Line, all his draft picks for this LSU phenom Zach Mettenberger the best QB in the Country after he destroyed Johnny Football...

I'm a big Patriots fan also always look forward to seeing them play on Sundays. But I also really like college basketball because it's so entertaining. Going to the Mullins Center watching UMass is a blast.

I didn't say one team was good or bad all I meant by my comment is that I'd like to see the colleges in the area promote college basketball more with these type of events. College basketball popularity does increase after the Super Bowl but a lot of good basketball is played before then like now.

That's ok you can throw in BC with URI, same caliber basketball.

Will Jerry Yorkey need some extra strength puck vision glasses when he plays the beast of Hockey East, and the NCAA ... UMASS/Lowell?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dobbinsstreet. Show dobbinsstreet's posts

In response to cheeroh's comment:

Will Jerry Yorkey need some extra strength puck vision glasses when he plays the beast of Hockey East, and the NCAA ... UMASS/Lowell?

Big win over Clemson. Maybe the rest of the country will see that UMass is back.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

In response to dobbinsstreet's comment:

Big win over Clemson. Maybe the rest of the country will see that UMass is back.

They should be back in the Top 25 this week for the first time in a very long time.

They should definitely be in the top 25 with the win over top 25 New Mexico, along with Va. Commonwealth, Louisville, Indiana and Harvard all losing. Some great games this past week, and starting today, 3 top 25 teams in the Maui Invitational.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

In response to dobbinsstreet's comment:

They should be back in the Top 25 this week for the first time in a very long time.

They should definitely be in the top 25 with the win over top 25 New Mexico, along with Va. Commonwealth, Louisville, Indiana and Harvard all losing. Some great games this past week, and starting today, 3 top 25 teams in the Maui Invitational.

Yes, and you chumps are stuck with Sacred Heart before a sparse crowd in that deploable venue used for dual purposes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

We'll know in a few hours, but I've seen 3 ballots this week already.  Two of them placed UMass at 20, and the third had them 21st.  (And that was the local beat writer from the Daily Hampshire Gazette who was trying not to be too much of a homer).

One A10 team that's been cruising under the radar has been St Louis.  They should pick up a few more votes this week, but probably not enough for them to crack it as well.   VCU is looking like a one-trick pony.  I was never buying them as a top 10 team, ever,  and now they'll probably fall all the way out.

Ranked #18 won't last for long as their UMASS, not UCONN!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

UMASS LOWELL will go through a weak Hockey East like no tomorrow, with the Pearle Vision guy still perplexed after last year's loss to Union College!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dobbinsstreet. Show dobbinsstreet's posts

Why are you often ranting about Jerry York? Why are you so fixated on eye surgeries? You must be in perfect health and you must be as old or older than York. The guy wins, the right way. He also puts young men in the NHL. He asks for and mostly gets 3 year commitment from recruits. Hockey fans enjoy seeing UML's rise. Why denegrate them? Anyone who plays in HE is good. Every team can beat every team on any given night. No one can take a night off. Ask UND King about UML. They are a quality team. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dobbinsstreet. Show dobbinsstreet's posts

The Minutemen check in at #24.  They're off for the next week, but it wouldn't surprise me if they moved up a little more on next Monday, and break into the Coaches Poll.

Dayton knocked off #11 Gonzaga last night,  so the A10 is starting to make a little noise.  It's going to be a fun year.  Between VCU, Saint Louis,  UMass, Dayton, and La Salle I bet there are 3 or 4 bids awaiting in March.

And Dobbin, you're mistaken if you think you can relate to that cretin on any level. He's got some serious problems.  No site that does any level of moderation would tolerate him, which is the main reason he's here.   Just ignore him.

Thanks for the tip. Go Minutemen! Go Eagles!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

The Minutemen check in at #24.  They're off for the next week, but it wouldn't surprise me if they moved up a little more on next Monday, and break into the Coaches Poll.

Dayton knocked off #11 Gonzaga last night,  so the A10 is starting to make a little noise.  It's going to be a fun year.  Between VCU, Saint Louis,  UMass, Dayton, and La Salle I bet there are 3 or 4 bids awaiting in March.

And Dobbin, you're mistaken if you think you can relate to that cretin on any level. He's got some serious problems.  No site that does any level of moderation would tolerate him, which is the main reason he's here.   Just ignore him.

All academic so why bother? It's Kansas and Kentucky this year Mr. Slimdawgie.

As for the BC little trolls over at the Heights, another terrible program, and more delusional hype by this rag sheet and BC jock holder 1948.

As for UMASS, it's a feel good story, but their going nowhere as usual from Massachusetts. All talk, as collegiate athletics flounder except for Textile School Hockey program n the Merrimack Valley UMASS/Lawrence? 

As for York, I agree with Cheerho his time is over as Doug Flutie. "Sometimes you can hang around too long".

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

What the F are you talking about here? Sound like Toucher on the Sports HUB!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

Sniff, sniff.  Smells like deer urine and Bud Lite around here.  Thought I heard a cracker too but .... [looks around] ... nope.  Happy Thanksgiving Dobbs and Indian.

Yes, Happy Thanksgiving, Slim and Dobbs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 82ndAB. Show 82ndAB's posts

Hope you all you fairy Snow Queens are able to see the Iron Bowl come Saturday. It will be good a taste for ya'all yo see Big Boy football in Alabama with a packed War Eagle Stadium.

What's this Sacred Heart, and OT are these Snow Queens this bad?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 82ndAB. Show 82ndAB's posts

Would be good for this buba to stay out of the country. Just simply stupid, and they rank on Dixie up there?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailman2. Show sailman2's posts

In response to 82ndAB's comment:

Would be good for this buba to stay out of the country. Just simply stupid, and they rank on Dixie up there?

Exiled from the Catholic School #999 victory the Beheads Coaches Institute  needed, or an exciled Jesuit on the offender list.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailman2. Show sailman2's posts

UMASS LOWELL will go through a weak Hockey East like no tomorrow, with the Pearle Vision guy still perplexed after last year's loss to Union College!

UMASS/Lawrence, or Billerica Memorial High School? UMASS Amherst is known as BHCC West, a power in the academic rankings, also 4th tier, as Marcus Camby would attest. DAH, Dee's and DOE's types.

Similar to the Lilly White BEHEADS' Basketball team going nowhere except in Indian Man's mind.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

In response to sailman2's comment:

Exiled from the Catholic School #999 victory the Beheads Coaches Institute  needed, or an exciled Jesuit on the offender list.

Please translate this gibberish for those of us that speak English

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

In response to sailman2's comment:

UMASS/Lawrence, or Billerica Memorial High School? UMASS Amherst is known as BHCC West, a power in the academic rankings, also 4th tier, as Marcus Camby would attest. DAH, Dee's and DOE's types.

Similar to the Lilly White BEHEADS' Basketball team going nowhere except in Indian Man's mind.

Hey Sockpuppet - what is it with you and geography?

Lawrence, Billerica, Revere, Brockton, Dixie, Route 128.........on and on it goes. Can you possibly post something on this COLLEGE SPORTS forum that doesn't have references to random towns and places?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

"They're" - the contraction of "they are" not "their" - the possesive. Glad you wuz a anguish language major at Avery Point - have a great holiday, you turkey!

We'll know in a few hours, but I've seen 3 ballots this week already.  Two of them placed UMass at 20, and the third had them 21st.  (And that was the local beat writer from the Daily Hampshire Gazette who was trying not to be too much of a homer).

One A10 team that's been cruising under the radar has been St Louis.  They should pick up a few more votes this week, but probably not enough for them to crack it as well.   VCU is looking like a one-trick pony.  I was never buying them as a top 10 team, ever,  and now they'll probably fall all the way out.

Ranked #18 won't last for long as their UMASS, not UCONN!

Sections
Shortcuts