UMass Basketball

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

Re: UMass Basketball

In response to SlimPickensIII's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The typing monkey bores me, so back to some serious discussion.

UMass falls completely out of the polls.  Not even getting votes in one poll.  And that's as it should be at this point.  If they can stop the bleeding and actually get a damn invitation for the first time in forever then I think they'd make for a formidable opponent for many teams.  Their problem is they only play one way,  and to advance deep you need the ability to play the game whatever the bracket brings you.  So, who brings those goods? 

Haven't watched enough Syracuse, but it seems they can run, they can play half court grinders.  Their main weakness to my eyes is actually Boeheim, who's one of the weaker game-time coaches I've ever seen.   I never rule out Michigan State, Tom deserves his reputation, he's one of the best in the business. 

Calhoun was the same way, I think.  In the heat of the game he knew what he was doing. That first title over Duke was a coaching masterpiece.  That crew of dope smokers led by that pudgy midget who couldn't hit the side of a barn, had no business anywhere near the final four.  Yet Calhoun led them to the promise land.  Bravo, and I mean that.  We'll see what Ollie can do, but it won't happen this year. Or next.  Not enough firepower, and that AAU conference isn't helping any.  

Coach K? Overrated.  Incredibly poor choice to lead an Olympic Team for sure. 

Kentucky.  I just barfed in my mouth.  Hate what Calipari has become.  Absolutely hate it. He's in the right place though,  Coaching in front of the most morally bankrupt program in the most morally bankrupt Conference in the land.   He's got 15 five star studs, but not a clue how to harness them.  Maybe if they stuck around for more than 1.5 semesters he could make it work.   He's got his one title, he won't win another with this one and done recipe.

I've got two of my final four in the Orange and the Spartans.  Not sure who else is going to join them, but I doubt it will be anyone from the SEC or Pac-12 or Big East.

As for my A10 ,  perhaps St Louis can make the Sweet 16.  And I'm still liking 4 to 5 bids, and maybe one of the others will get hot and get to the Sweet 16 too.  But the road ends for all of them at that point.    And that sounds fine to me.  I'm actually a fan of the league I follow.  I'm not sure the Puppet master can say that.

[/QUOTE]
    Slim, I like your analysis, especially the Spartans. I don't think Syracuse will hold up (maybe wishful thinking), and I'm picking Arizona, Wichita State, and your St. Louis team for an outlander (or maybe someone from the MAC; Toledo??). I Still think, as I said at the onset, that UMass will be a Sweet 16 team. Most teams go through a mid-season slump, and I think they'll bounce back.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

A disgraced Who Really Cares Bean Potty for the Locals?

With Nor' Eastern, Harvard & BU all stinking up the TD Garden what is the value of this farce Trophy?  The Potty goes down in the annals of NCAA sporting events as a FRAUD with little coverage and empty stands!

Minnesota Golphers Buffoon College is not. Frozen Four in Philadelphia and the Yalies await the Homers!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

In response to cheeroh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

With Nor' Eastern, Harvard & BU all stinking up the TD Garden what is the value of this farce Trophy?  The Potty goes down in the annals of NCAA sporting events as a FRAUD with little coverage and empty stands!

Minnesota Golphers Buffoon College is not. Frozen Four in Philadelphia and the Yalies await the Homers!

[/QUOTE]
    Now Cheerio's on the Minnesota Bandwagon! Gophers! Gophers! BTW, Yale is in New Haven, not Philly, you idiot.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]

The Minutemen go to 18-4, 5-3,  and an RPI of 12 after last night's win.   If they can go another 5-3, and at least one W in the A10 tournament then we're looking at about a 6 seed.  4 of the games are on the road, where they've struggled.   Of the 4 homes, two of them are against the top 2 in the A10 in VCU and St Louis.  Gotta take one of those.

If they lose both of those, and only go 4-4,  then they're going to be looking at an 8/9 game, which is never a good place to be.  But who knows, that might well end up being UConn.  The Huskies have a couple more opportunities for quality wins than the Minutemen, but it's unclear if they will capitalize on that.  If they do, then UConn would move a little higher up in the seeding.

If the Minutemen go less than .500 the rest of the way then they are not dancing and it's going to erase all of the gains they made in fan interest this season.

[/QUOTE]

Must feel mighty awesome there Jimmy Slim Boy your school beat big time Lasalle? Your going all the way?

Let's here it where number #1!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

In response to indians1948's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Now Cheerio's on the Minnesota Bandwagon! Gophers! Gophers! BTW, Yale is in New Haven, not Philly, you idiot.

[/QUOTE]

Broken down Potty where 3 of the 4 teams suck. Hockey East is like Payton Manning ... Yalies & ECAC prevail always NCAA Champions ...

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Broken down Potty where 3 of the 4 teams suck. Hockey East is like Payton Manning ... Yalies & ECAC prevail always NCAA Champions ...

[/QUOTE]
    ECAC Rocks! Gotta love those Yalies from Philly. In the past 15 years, ECAC has 1, one, uno, une NCAA Hockey Championship, Hockey East has 6, six, seis, six, and BC has 4 of those 6. Your knuckles must be killing you from dragging them on the ground for so long.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailman2. Show sailman2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    ECAC Rocks! Gotta love those Yalies from Philly. In the past 15 years, ECAC has 1, one, uno, une NCAA Hockey Championship, Hockey East has 6, six, seis, six, and BC has 4 of those 6. Your knuckles must be killing you from dragging them on the ground for so long.

[/QUOTE]

Rather watch Olympic Curling than the level of talent in the Bean Pot. Simply poor attendance, and it has been declining for years with these stiffs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailman2. Show sailman2's posts

[QUOTE]

Where Sailor comes from it's okay to 'like' yourself.  Encouraged even.   Somebody has to, I suppose. 

[/QUOTE]

Appears you boys out at Stockbridge will only get one invite to the dance, and that could set UMASS up with a date as a #12 seed where the old one and done principle is a standard for this inept bunch in the A10.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

One can compare our brand of basketball as a refrigerator magnet often disregarded.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 82ndAB. Show 82ndAB's posts

Reviewing UMASS signing day rankings on Rivals.com and it looks like the Cow S*** hit a little early for this 1-11 FBS fraud.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 82ndAB. Show 82ndAB's posts

[QUOTE]

UConn Basketball is like Khalid El Amin, sitting in a booster seat in a 'borrowed' SUV.

Gotta dash Boys, smell you on Thursday.

[/QUOTE]

Well us good ol' boys down here in ATL, are all wondering if dream boy Matty Melting-Ice Queen Ryan, from the Fairy Queen U wil be traded for Johnny Football a much beter athlete?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

In response to 82ndAB's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

UConn Basketball is like Khalid El Amin, sitting in a booster seat in a 'borrowed' SUV.

Gotta dash Boys, smell you on Thursday.

[/QUOTE]

Well us good ol' boys down here in ATL, are all wondering if dream boy Matty Melting-Ice Queen Ryan, from the Fairy Queen U wil be traded for Johnny Football a much beter athlete?

[/QUOTE]
    Chairborne, are you still stuck on traffic posting from your car, or did you make it home safe? Come up here and we'll give you good ol' boys a lesson in how to drive in snow.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Celtics News: Danny Ainge a big time DUKE supporter discloses that Jamari Parker,  and the Iowa State phenom Melvin Ejim, are his primary targets.  

As for Buffoon College, is wait 'till next yearin the ACC?  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bean Potty tommorrow 1948 going? Make sure you bring a pair of those Pearle Vision glasses for the Coaching staff as Nor'eastern Night School sure isn't MINNESOTA?

Sections
Shortcuts