UMass' Road to the 2013 NCAA Tournament

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

Re: UMass' Road to the 2013 NCAA Tournament

In Response to Re: UMass' Road to the 2013 NCAA Tournament:
    [QUOTE]A trip to Madison Square Garden is on the line tonight as UMass faces Drexel and Bruiser Flint.   It's a win-win for Minutemen fans, although slightly better if UMass takes it.  This is the 3rd straight bubble team they've had to face, all on the road. I think they've had the toughest draw of any NIT team.
    Posted by SlimPickensIII[/QUOTE]

Anybody, anywhere, anytime - and UMass is only a 6-1/2 pt underdog this time! Thanks to BG for great coverage - at least the TV time made the very top of the front page of the sports section, if no other mention!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: UMass' Road to the 2013 NCAA Tournament : now you are a grammar guy?  haha  i love it, the dumbest guy here wants people to use spell check.  yes pressing the "abc" on the right means your arguments are worthy!  being simple minded must have its privileges 
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

Yep, don't always get it right, but I love the attention you're giving me .....

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: UMass' Road to the 2013 NCAA Tournament : Lothar go back to the BC insipid blog and get excitied about about the Worcester puck event at the DCU Center, if anyone cares! You continue to get beat up everytime your handle appears!
    Posted by whr[/QUOTE]

I thought this was a UMass BB post, but I do like hockey and will take in some games in lovely downtown Worchester, as if anyone cares! For you, I'm supposing that you'll be sitting in your recliner taking it all in on TV: Get out, get some fresh air, 'cause you're getting kinda stale.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

We'll see UMASS in the Final Four next year Lothar Homer... against Rick Pitino~ Happy Now?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: UMass' Road to the 2013 NCAA Tournament : I thought this was a UMass BB post, but I do like hockey and will take in some games in lovely downtown Worchester, as if anyone cares! For you, I'm supposing that you'll be sitting in your recliner taking it all in on TV: Get out, get some fresh air, 'cause you're getting kinda stale.
    Posted by LOTHAR43[/QUOTE]

WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN FOR SMALL TIME UMASS?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

[QUOTE]We'll see UMASS in the Final Four next year Lothar Homer... against Rick Pitino~ Happy Now?
    Posted by UofNDKing[/QUOTE]

Amused, for sure, happy - well, why not? I can dream, can't I? If Pitino is there I'll be happy as hell, too - even more so if he's playing Cal - again /> Of course I'm a "Homer" - just like you> Hopefully, I'm a little bit less anti-Massachusetts sports than you, though,

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: UMass' Road to the 2013 NCAA Tournament : WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN FOR SMALL TIME UMASS?
    Posted by UofNDKing[/QUOTE]

What could have been - who knows? Rick played at UMass, but I don't think he was ever in contention for a coaching job there ..... SMALL TIME, yes for now, but who knows?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fleetian51. Show fleetian51's posts

Nobody cares about ND. Continue your crusade against BC elsewhere clownboy.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

what is Jim going to do about his team's GPA and APR now that this kid is gone??   LOL

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

[QUOTE]The Minutemen are going to have a tough time against a taller Stanford team tonight.  They've run into bigs already, but Mississippi State didn't want to be there and played dumb.  Drexel was bigger too, and it took lights out shooting to take that.  It's too much to expect dumb play from Stanford or UMass to be that hot shooting again. 

So you think it ends tonight?
    edit: you were rigtht.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redbarchetta88. Show redbarchetta88's posts

That was fun while it lasted. I was a little conflicted when it came to UMass in the NIT. I'm happy we made it this far, but it's the NIT. Making the NIT shouldn't be seen as the benchmark for success.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]what is Jim going to do about his team's GPA and APR now that this kid is gone??   LOL
    Posted by provpats[/QUOTE]

Transferred to BC where they have friendlier admission!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gene01970. Show gene01970's posts

[QUOTE]It would be great if Calipari/Kellogg would schedule a UMass-Kentucky game for 2013.  They could play it in Boston on national TV which would be a win-win for both teams. UMass gets a semi-home game and Kentucky gets to play in a big city and in an NBA arena. 
    Posted by phenten[/QUOTE]

UMass scheduled Kentucky a couple years ago. They were all set to play at the Garden until Kentucky backed out at the last minute. So screw Kentucky!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: UMass' Road to the 2013 NCAA Tournament : UMass scheduled Kentucky a couple years ago. They were all set to play at the Garden until Kentucky backed out at the last minute. So screw Kentucky!
    Posted by gene01970[/QUOTE]

Respectfully disagree - anybody, anywhere, any time!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: UMass' Road to the 2013 NCAA Tournament : That was entirely on Billy Gillipsie.  It was his first year at UK, the game was scheduled before Tubby Smith was fired.   Gillipsie was worried his team wasn't up for playing anybody remotely decent early in the season - which was confirmed when they lost more than one to cupcakes - so he backed out. Very late in the summer too.  UK fans were embarrassed by the move,  it was the first of many signs that Gillipsie was going to be weak and ineffective.  It didn't take much longer for the UK lunatics to eat him alive.  I saw some quotes somewhere a couple of weeks ago about the Kellogg-Calipari relationship and the possibility of having a game came up. It sounded unlikely that it was going to happen anytime soon. 

What year(s) was/were this, Slim? Just as a point of reference, not any criticism intended.

Sections
Shortcuts