What are Realistic Expectations for the BC Football team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from batman49. Show batman49's posts

What are Realistic Expectations for the BC Football team

I think if you take all realistic factors into consideration, an 8 - 4 regular season may be within the relm of possibility.

If everything somehow falls into place, maybe a trip to the ACC championship game would be enough to satisfy the real BC football fan.

A trip to a BCS bowl would be an extra added bonus.

Hopefully, we can get through some quality responses before the negative sabatouers come out of hiding.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EverToExcell. Show EverToExcell's posts

Re: What are Realistic Expectations for the BC Football team

Hard to say:

I was more optimistic the previous few seasons, but with that said.....IF Rettig solidifies the QB position; IF Montel's knee is fully recovered, and IF the New offensive coordinator can open up the sideline passing game....BC could be a truly exciting team in a wide-open ACC Atlantic Race. FSU is Clearly the favorite on paper, but I think BC has a chance in every single game this year.

If the top three "IFs" above do not happen, then BC could be beaten by as many as 8 teams on the schedule. Getting off to a 2-0 start could be a giant springboard for BC....and lead to a possible special season, but I personally am very concerned about Northwestern on openning day and UCF is a solid team and it could be a "trap" game for BC.

Luke Keuchly will be a treat to watch and has a chance to be the BEST linebacker in ALL of college football this year as a junior. BC was 13th overall in total defense in ALL of college football last season and NUMBER 1 against the run. Let's hope for great health, improved play, and some good luck......Let's go Eagles!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

It could be a 7 or 8 win season.  Lots of players back from last year's team and more experience at QB should help.  I condsider this a stepping stone towards the 2012 season.

Worried about implementing a new offense w/ a new OC, but there was nowhere to go but up on that topic.  Thanks.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ragman. Show ragman's posts

UCF had 11 wins last year including a bowl victory over Georgia.

BC has one of the toughest Out of Conference Schedules this year - Northwestern, UCF and Nortre Dame.  And give UMASS some credit, as they aspire to move up.

Whoever your dream teamsare, whr  -  I invite you to check out their OOC schedules -  especially SEA teams.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ragman. Show ragman's posts

Sorry  -  SEC Teams.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 82ndAB. Show 82ndAB's posts

In Response to Re: What are Realistic Expectations for the BC Football team:
    [QUOTE]Sorry  -  SEC Teams.
    Posted by ragman[/QUOTE]

You need to ponder if the local high school football team in Chestnut Hill could ever play or reach first base with Auburn's or Alabama's of the SEC bringing up Central Florida as a challange?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

I like the 8 win goal.  They are still young, but many of those players got a lot of playing time last season which will only help.  I would love to see a solid 7 or 8 wins and then see what this team can do next season. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle79. Show Eagle79's posts

I think 8 wins is within reach.  I am optimistic that we will have an improved offense and that will also help the defense by staying on the field longer.  My optimism comes from having a new offensive coordinator who has been there before and has a great player to work with in Rettig.

Ragman, 82ndNB and WHR know nothing of which they speak . . . they respond with inflammatory opinions instead of facts.  They are just a rock throwers who do not add anything to the conversation.  In a more ideal world they would start their own threads and discuss teams that they care about instead of channeling their inner LP.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

They can only get 8 wins if they depose Leahy and get rid of GDF and bring Al Skinner back as the wise and munificent OZ

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Would 8 wins be a little too much with UMASS & UCF on this heavy duty schedule?  Duke always presents a challange in the tough ACC! Time for Blaudschun to get out the rally towel for BC shot in a BCS Bowl game! Selection committee beware of BC their QB/QT has SWAGGER!

UCONN ROCKS!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from spike7377. Show spike7377's posts

Come on Uconn man Fordham, Western Michigan, Vandy, USF, Buffalo is that a D2 schedule??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ragman. Show ragman's posts

82nd - is Georgia in the SEC?  Why did they lose to UCF?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Simply delusionial BC in a BCS! Blue Grass in Idaho awaits in mid-December!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gspBison. Show gspBison's posts

[QUOTE]Simply delusionial BC in a BCS! Blue Grass in Idaho awaits in mid-December!
    Posted by UofNDKing[/QUOTE]

You mean playing a team more highly ranked than Our Lady? We can accept that, NDKlown. Pax, Domer.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

I agree, in the ACC BC's goal most seasons should be the BCS game.  They've been to the ACC title game enough times, just came up short.  The last couple seasons have been a transition.  All teams at some point go through it and I think that BC has done a decent job.  New coach and post Matt Ryan, obviously they needed time.  Now they have a soph QB who looks every bit the part.  The O and D lines will be stacked as ususal.  We have the single best LB in the country and a ton of young players who should be pretty good.  As I said, this season 7-8 wins and next season will be sick!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are Realistic Expectations for the BC Football team : You mean playing a team more highly ranked than Our Lady? We can accept that, NDKlown. Pax, Domer.
    Posted by gspBison[/QUOTE]

Is BC AP ranked? Great athletic success stories the NIT Tounament, and the Potato Bowl for the future in 2011-2012!  

UCONN NCAA NATIONAL CHAMPS!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are Realistic Expectations for the BC Football team : Is BC AP ranked? Great athletic success stories the NIT Tounament, and the Potato Bowl for the future in 2011-2012!   UCONN NCAA NATIONAL CHAMPS!
    Posted by cheeroh[/QUOTE]

Hey cheerio boy, can uconn beat mighty Fordham?
    A better question is can they even score against Fordham?
    You have no QB, your coach says so.

"We don't have a quarterback," Pasqualoni said.

And your #1 running back has a total of 38 carreer carries.
    Get ready for a long dreary season in storz.

http://www.boston.com/sports/colleges/football/articles/2011/08/11/connecticut_returns_to_big_east_with_uconn/?rss_id=Boston.com+/+Sports+/+College+sports+--+College+Football+--+NCAA+Basketball&camp=localsearch:on:twit:colleges-wire&dlvrit=7

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

Needless to say, this guy does sound like provpats+++.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

Northwestern, #25. Central Florida, #20 Notre Dame, #10 Florida State, #15 VT in the Loss column for BC ...  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]Come on Uconn man Fordham, Western Michigan, Vandy, USF, Buffalo is that a D2 schedule?? Posted by spike7377[/QUOTE]

DII ? Those teams would get crushed by DII teams. Speaking of Division 2 isn't the vaunted Husky Hockey Team still in Division II ?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from batman49. Show batman49's posts

[QUOTE]I think 8 wins is within reach.  I am optimistic that we will have an improved offense and that will also help the defense by staying on the field longer.  My optimism comes from having a new offensive coordinator who has been there before and has a great player to work with in Rettig. Ragman, 82ndNB and WHR know nothing of which they speak . . . they respond with inflammatory opinions instead of facts.  They are just a rock throwers who do not add anything to the conversation.  In a more ideal world they would start their own threads and discuss teams that they care about instead of channeling their inner LP.
    Posted by Eagle79[/QUOTE]

Eagle: you are so correct in your assessment of those rock throwers. I would also like to see those guys just start their own thread. That way they could feed off of each others negativity, while the rest of us can engage in quality discussions about the Boston College sports program.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbrown. Show dbrown's posts

82nd, get your mom to turn on the spell check. 

Sections
Shortcuts